Awoo.

It appears there's a glitch that causes some to repeat themselves. Repeatedly.

Agie

Lock this if there's a thread for this already or if this has already been reported and is being investigated.

I've seen this go around. It appears some people are repeating themselves by accident.

I'll make note of a more recent example.

Just to clarify, Boom is a co-op game at heart and when playing you'll normally have control of two characters in the levels and all four in the hub and boss battles. I think it's kind of akin to Heroes in that they all have different abilities and you can switch between them of the fly, but far more fleshed out.
Just to clarify, Boom is a co-op game at heart and when playing you'll normally have control of two characters in the levels and all four in the hub and boss battles. I think it's kind of akin to Heroes in that they all have different abilities and you can switch between them of the fly, but far more fleshed out.

I would have written this off as a mistake by the user...but not only is Blue Blood not the only user I've seen affected, he isn't even the first. Thus why this thread exists. So I wonder, could the staff do something about this?

Sorry if this is bothersome. Just wanted to help, is all.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris

• JaidynReiman

• Blue Blood

• Agie

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is caused by Invision Board's double post protection. Essentially, those would each be individual posts but they're so close together in terms of post time that it merges them together.

It's a client side internet issue and not on our end (mostly). I could decrease the amount of time that it considers for merging the posts but it's actually a rather beneficial function as is.

To help clarify a bit, oftentimes there's a bit of a delay for a post to actually be acknowledged and submitted. Sometimes, if it takes a while, it will appear as if the post has not been posted and it didn't recognize that you even clicked the "Post" button in the first place. When this is the case, the logical conclusion is to click the Post button again to make sure that your post submitted.

The problem, though, is that it DID recognize the first click. It did not appear to recognize it, perhaps due to a delay in the server causing it to take longer to process. When this happens, it will submit your post twice, thereby creating a double-post.

As explained by Chris, IPB will see that two posts were submitted by the same user in such a short time that it goes and adds the second post to the first one rather than submitting two posts.

One way I have noticed to counteract this issue is that, when clicking "Post" it'll say something like "Saving post..." and not allow you to click it again. I know for sure that this happens when using the "Quick post" button, but its possible that if you use the full "Add New Post" form it doesn't do that or sometimes it fails to remove the Post button.

I haven't seen it myself, so I don't exactly know when the Post button would stay even after you clicked on it. But typically you have to actually submit the form twice, rather than it glitching and accidentally submitting it twice even if you only clicked once.

I have never known any type of post or comment system, the common ones anyway, to post twice even if you only click once.

Lock this if there's a thread for this already or if this has already been reported and is being investigated.

I've seen this go around. It appears some people are repeating themselves by accident.

I'll make note of a more recent example.

I would have written this off as a mistake by the user...but not only is Blue Blood not the only user I've seen affected, he isn't even the first. Thus why this thread exists. So I wonder, could the staff do something about this?

Sorry if this is bothersome. Just wanted to help, is all.

And just to clarify your specific example, it's an issue with Tapatalk and not the board itself. If Tapatalk is minimised while posting, it can sometime submit the post twice. That's what happened with my post there.

Merged posts are incredibly easy to deal with. The user can just edit out the mistake themselves.