Awoo.

For True Story (Boss)

Rey Skywalker-Ren

The Wii's Virtual Console port of Sonic & Knuckles may be one of the only ports that adds the lock-on features to Sonic 3, 2, and 1.

Something for discuss: how can Sonics friends help with the true story boss? Sujestions?

It would depend on the character in question.  Some characters are good for fighting alongside Sonic, others are good for fighting from the sidelines.  Others are good for providing invaluable resources, such as transportation or energy.  Others yet are simply good for informing you of certain things about the enemy.

It would depend on the character in question.  Some characters are good for fighting alongside Sonic, others are good for fighting from the sidelines.  Others are good for providing invaluable resources, such as transportation or energy.  Others yet are simply good for informing you of certain things about the enemy.

Some ideas can be:

-they warn you and give you tips to defeat the enmy

-they lend you there powers

-they clear a path so you can power up.

-they fight for a little bit in the beinning/

Those are all fine, but it's hard to think of any specific instances where they could help without narrative context.

One thing I thought would be an interesting idea is have Tails take you to certain vantage points via the Tornado, while also making his own attempts at hitting them with the Tornado's machine guns.  Another interesting mechanic would be luring the boss into certain hot spots where Tails could do damage to the boss himself.

Well some characters like Shadow, Silver, and Blaze have Super Forms like Sonic. It's not leap of logic to think that they should fly in the skies and help Sonic knock the boss's brains out to get it to stop.

Others can help by getting resources, gathering knowledge, help evacuating people, distracting the boss, undermining the boss. There's loads of ways to do it, it really depends on the character and the boss.

• Thumbs Up 4

They could fight in tandem and alongside Sonic as a team. Each contributing and dealing their blows where it counts.

I personally think that Sonic Adventure 2, and 06 even Unleashed had something going (not Generations, that doesn't count)

But I think switching out between characters is really the best option. In 06, you already knew each characters powers, you could switch freely, and use them but I look more towards the Adventures and Unleashed. Because in Adventure 2 Shadow and Sonic played exactly the same so going into the final battle when switching you pretty much knew, "Hey, I know that Shadow probably does the exact same stuff!" So you can switch freely and fight with whoever and finish with whoever (Granted your ring count) and I think that's how it can be handled until:

A ) It's gets stale

B ) The story doesn't support it

So I'd like if you can play as Sonic, Shadow, Silver, Blaze, Knuckles, whoever as long as their similar enough and/or they make sure you know the controls of each. So switching freely everyone is Happy. The ring count situation was a pretty perfect idea. Sure you might have to switch to say, Shadow. "Well give it a few seconds and you can switch back to Sonic!" And I'd really like it.

-Those who don't care for others can be Sonic until their rings deplete and switch right back.

-Those who do can switch freely to who they want.

-In the end, you can defeat it with whoever, get a nice rank finish pose with whoever, feel awesome with whoever, get an ending that doesn't focus on who won but finishing the threat. 

As with Sonic 06 (not to give it too much credit x3) you finish with whoever but it'll most likely be Sonic because they wanted to imply that you beat the big event, that he finished him. Which leads to the last cutscene of that game. Which is a freaking great way to handle it if you think about it. Even though the whole game might not have been awesome, lets overlook that and just look at this setup.

They have you fight with whoever. It "hints" at you who to use to start damaging it. The ending, they almost "force" you to use Sonic but it's completely possible to finish with someone else, I have only done it once. (I only played the boss twice, the first I finished with Sonic. The second I kinda wiggled into finishing with Silver somehow)

But if other playable characters are there and the context allows it, I'd be completely for being able to switch at will. Heck Generations far excelled at this (well.... sort of) You can switch, You can get the rings yourself. Awesome! But as long as you can finish with whoever and the control feels nice. Switching out would probably be the best way.

Mid Post Realization:

Okay Unleashed context wise did a goof job at forcing you to use each but that game doesn't really help my point, so just forget I put that in there and switch it with Generations. But as I said in context, that was awesome! But I'd like it handled more like  a mix between Heroes + Adventure 2 + Generations. 

- Heroes uses the same control as the main game for the super form boss fight. Awesome! Makes for smoother battle.

- Adventure 2 has character switching, AT WILL, and you can beat the boss with WHO YOU WANT. Awesome!

- Generations lets you switch freely because YOU can recollect rings, which means you never have to be classic if you don't want to. You don't have to be modern if you don't want to. I know the rings are hard to get but if they weren't it'd be the defining character switching method. BUT you are almost forced to finish with modern. Because you barely get hits in with classic. While you can be him for the whole battle, you might as well just switch to modern because getting a hit in, is hard enough already.

So mixing them all, for me, would be a great experience until it gets overused Dx

Super controls are the same as Normal Controls but you're super and faster and all that good stuff, maybe a couple extra moves. You can switch at will and finish with who you want at your own will so people can be satisfied with the outcome (unless context would imply otherwise of course) And last but not least you're not forced to switch out because rings because you can get them yourself (again unless the story makes that situation implausible) so you definitely play as who you want. You may argue if you can do it yourself, why are they there? Because they are there to help. In story! In game your free to be who you want. :3 

Yeah... :3 ahhhhh. But that probably won't happen within this next game or two Dx but maybe in three games :3

If you don't want to read that, I pretty much said SA2 + Sonic 06 + Heroes + Generations = Really good way to handle multiple character final fights.

• Thumbs Up 1