Awoo.

Boom Interview with Stephen Frost

Crash

Pretty stoked to see those other designs for the big Egg, and how these people are handling his character overall.

Still a bit concerned if they dropped the evil humanitarian angle that is core to his character with roots extending to his idol, Prof. Gerald.

• Thumbs Up 1

"An adventure game like Sonic Boom"

Wink nudge cough cough

All jokes aside I personally think this is gonna be pretty cool. And that was a pretty good interview if I say so myself.

I lost all faith in the game. It looks nice and all but 10 mins of this and 5 mins of that and making it like Sonic Adventure and Sonic Heroes is telling me that the friends are going to be force down my throat. Before anyone says this a close mind I tried to get to the idea. I try. But if Sonic is going to be just running  and friends are force in my face then it sucks.

I lost all faith in the game. It looks nice and all but 10 mins of this and 5 mins of that and making it like Sonic Adventure and Sonic Heroes is telling me that the friends are going to be force down my throat. Before anyone says this a close mind I tried to get to the idea. I try. But if Sonic is going to be just running  and friends are force in my face then it sucks.

... I haven't the foggiest idea of where you're getting this impression of the game from. 

Have you even played the Adventure games or Heroes? Last I heard, you said you started on 06 and only played games that came after it.

And Adventure 1 really doesn't shove the others down your throat, unless you want the final battle.

... I haven't the foggiest idea of where you're getting this impression of the game from. 

Well they say before that friends were requre to play. you need two characters to play and its not all speed. so yes friends are force.

Have you even played the Adventure games or Heroes? Last I heard, you said you started on 06 and only played games that came after it.

And Adventure 1 really doesn't shove the others down your throat, unless you want the final battle.

yes I have. I hate Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes. But Sonic Adventure is OK

Sonic Heroes for the most part, isn't all TOO forcing save for the character - specific sections. With enough skill, ( and improvisation at times) and as long as you knew what you're doing, you more often than not can play as your fave in the lead.

That said, I can't help be think you might be jumping the gun with some assumptions at hand, and just because Sonic's actually sharing the playable spotlight.

It's not like they've even explicitly stated the gameplay is based on the Dreamcast Era to begin with.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not even a traditionally oriented Sonic game to begin with, so your complaints are hardly warranted, at least on that basis alone.

• Thumbs Up 4

My internet is too slow and crappy to watch the video, but may I ask if my question about a general idea of when we can find out when the show will air in countries besides America and France was asked and answered? I'm guessing not, but it can't hurt to ask.

Warranted means authorized.

Your arguments don't apply to the situation as a whole.

Sonic Boom isn't a regular Sonic game. It's a Sonic Boom game, and as such if that game features teamwork, then teamwork it shall have.

• Thumbs Up 3

Warranted means authorized.

Your arguments don't apply to the situation as a whole.

Sonic Boom isn't a regular Sonic game. It's a Sonic Boom game, and as such if that game features teamwork, then teamwork it shall have.

Just like how the entire point of sonic heroes was teamwork, it may have diluted the formula somewhat, but on the other hand it gave it its won identity

Wait he said ITS NOT GOING TO BE 10 MINUTES OF THIS OR 5 OF THAT. HE SAID NOT. That's what he said he's trying to avoid. So.. also the whole "Adventure Game" thing. That was a joke. Sure he said they took INSPIRATION from it but he's said they were also inspired by many others. So your worries are pretty much void.

Can't assume too much as no matter how much he states it's always very vague so we have to take everything with a grain of salt here.

I don't agree with Sonikku, but I think it's unfair to say her opinion is unwarranted. She says she doesn't want to play as other characters, which we know you do in this, so that being a complaint for the game a perfectly valid complaint.

However, Sonikku, I don't think Sonic will be underrepresented.  I'm sure all of the characters will have the same basic abilities, but with each having their own special abilities. From what we've seen Knuckles can climb (And dig, I think?), Tails can fly, Amy has more acrobatic skills and Sonic some Spindash panels, can run over water and has some Homing Attack like move. Knuckles  be able to destroy things the others can't, but that's just a guess on my part.

So while you'll have to use the other characters, I'm sure Sonic will able to shine, even if it's not as much as usual. The theme of teamwork seems to be important to the developers. Whether you are OK with that or not is up to you. Either way is fine.

I don't agree with Sonikku, but I think it's unfair to say her opinion is unwarranted. She says she doesn't want to play as other characters, which we know you do in this, so that being a complaint for the game a perfectly valid complaint.

When I said it was unwarranted, it's in regards to the fact that the criticism didn't apply to the context of the situation. The game was going to have teamwork to begin with, so criticizing the game for having teamwork in it is like criticizing Sonic for being blue.

I don't follow. It doesn't matter whether or not it was there from the beginning. It's OK to complain about the way a game was designed, if it's not to your liking. For example, Unleashed was made with the boost and Werehog in mind, but that doesn't mean I have to like those, does it?

But we also don't know if you HAVE to use them. It seems so far that you CAN switch if you WANT to explore different areas and stuff. You're forced to have two characters but by no means does that mean you HAVE to use the other. They obviously have had to design this for one player as well as having friends or family play, so they probably know it's annoying to keep switching all the time. They have yet to say anything about NEEDING to switch.

Note it an earlier interview he said that it's not completely like the Heroes gameplay as in they want you to like playing as whoever you pick, so? I think its more like switching to find or get to that other path you want to take. I mean did you see that Knuckles section?! So many paths.

I'm fairly sure it was said team work was necessary to finish levels (And that the teams will switch up, e.g. one time you might be Sonic & Amy and another time you could be Tails & Knuckles).

Apparently there are multiple paths that allow you to choose different characters to use on various playthroughs instead of only one path that will force you to switch characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

But we also don't know if you HAVE to use them. It seems so far that you CAN switch if you WANT to explore different areas and stuff. You're forced to have two characters but by no means does that mean you HAVE to use the other. They obviously have had to design this for one player as well as having friends or family play, so they probably know it's annoying to keep switching all the time. They have yet to say anything about NEEDING to switch.

Note it an earlier interview he said that it's not completely like the Heroes gameplay as in they want you to like playing as whoever you pick, so? I think its more like switching to find or get to that other path you want to take. I mean did you see that Knuckles section?! So many paths.

I'm fairly sure it was said team work was necessary to finish levels (And that the teams will switch up aka, one time you might be Sonic and Amy and another time you could be Tails & Knuckles).

Either Rafei or Frost confirmed, there will be points in which a certain character will be needed to move forward.

I mean not like Heroes not like no switching at all. Like the paths thing I mentioned. It's obvious in that Canyon section there was a lot of these purple areas which you also see Knuckles climbing on at some point. So you'll see that and think hey I have knuckles lets climb this. Also it's said it'd be easily be nice jump in and out game. So switching can't be too necessary because if I had my friends jump in how would this work?

In short you might have to switch sometimes but it shouldn't be that forced it is then well I was wrong =P

Either Rafei or Frost confirmed, there will be points in which a certain character will be needed to move forward.

And memory stands that the catch was that each can access different pathways for such too.

From what I remember, you have one main path to complete the actual stage, but after you've completed it with the characters meant for the stage you can explore it with the others, similar to Free Play in LEGO games.

Actually, you'll  have two different characters pre-set in story mode instead of just one, so even before the LEGO "Free Play" aspects, you'll have an ability to creatively explore, granted it sounds like you'll be limited to the abilities of the two characters at the time, so to unlock the level for other playable character access.

• Thumbs Up 1

...so EXACTLY like the Lego games where you have two characters, both that generally have different abilities that are used to both complete the main level but also access a few secret extras.

• Thumbs Up 1