Awoo.

Roborick's Fantasy Fiction Topic

RustyRick

I've been thinking on and off about this matter, and I've finally decided to create this topic, being motivated by the likes of ChaosSupremeSonic and Komodin to try my own hand at writing fiction to post around here on this topic.

A few things to keep in mind though, and please read this through:

- I accept any idea's for a plot that anyone sends me over PM, feel free to discuss this with me if you got something in mind.

- All fics on this topic are meant to be based around the game universe of Sonic the Hedgehog, so no Archie/Underground/X crossovers, etc.

- I won't post any serious graphic content in my fics, abiding by the forum rules.

- I will only focus on one fic at a time, I'm not a multitasker guy.

Well with that out of the way, I'm gonna work on something to post on here. Feel free to give me feedback or constructive criticism if you happen to be interested in what this absurd mind can come up with.

• Thumbs Up 3

Here's one fic I made in the span of one day, when I felt like posting a sample of my writing skills in this topic for you all to read. Feel free to read through (or skip entirely) and give your thoughts and opinions on it.

Memories filled with Madness

Grr…’  Faint sounds which were a mix of pain and frustration filled his inner mind as he made his way to a mountain in a remote region filled with peaks, far away from civilization. As the smoking wreckage approached it closer, a part of it slided open, revealing a tunnel that lead to a large base holed out in the mountains.  As he decreased the engine output—whatever was left of it and descended to  solid ground, alot of orange-colored pudgy robots approached the big landing area as the wreckage landed with a loud thud on the ground, several parts falling apart from the structure, and the pilot wasted no time in kicking apart the glass, and jumped out, coughing.

‘So, boss, how did it go?’ Orbot floated towards Eggman, putting his hands together, though the robot already knew the answer he was going to receive.
‘Grrr…’ Rubbing the side of his body, he grumbled. ‘What did you expect, cynical sphere?’
‘Oh, I’m just going to take a wild guess here, boss, but judging from that wrecked machine over there that our troops are currently occupied with dismantling it, and that you seem to be hiding some kind of injury, I deduce that a certain blue hedge—‘

‘YES!’ Eggman shouted out loudly in the base, before he toned down his voice, still visibly upset. ‘That hedgehog got in my way! Again!’ Gritting his teeth, Eggman could hardly control his temper this time, and he began to impulsively stomp with his left foot on the ground. ‘He always, ALWAYS gets in my way! If I just had the opportunity, I’d—ARGH!’ A sudden surge of pain registered in his brain, and the doctor grabbed  his left leg, immediately sitting down and rubbing it, a small tear emerging from under the sunglasses.  

‘Boss? Are you alright?’ Orbot supported his master, allowing himself to be used as a means of getting Eggman back up on his feet, shaking visibly.
‘Y-Yes…I’m fine…just a strained leg…’ ‘Howdy!”
‘Gah!’ Nearly losing his balance from the shouting, Cubot zoomed by quickly, and gazed at Eggman, scratching his flat head.  ‘So, what’s wrong with the big rou—ouch!’ Receiving a punch to the side of his metal face, it spinned around, and received a verbal assault from the round doctor. ‘Shut up! I’m NOT in the mood for your remarks. If you want to assist me like you’re supposed to, then carry me to my private chambers!’
‘Fine…’ Cubot kept silent for once as he supported Eggman from the other side of his body, him limping across his giant base, his private chambers not being far away from where he landed.

Opening the door, Eggman sighed of relief when he saw his personal bed, eager to just lie down on it and let the pain flow away. ‘Good! Now just put me down on tha—gah!’ Getting pushed on the bed by the two cynical lackeys, Eggman tried his best to suppress another jolt of pain he felt surging through his mind, and just pointed at the door. ‘Just…leave me…right now…’

‘Right away, boss!’  The two said in unison as they closed the door behind them, Eggman closing his eyes and sighing, finally relieved to be alone and in his private room, where he could just relax with nothing but silence around him. That’s all he needed right now to think about his next course of action. Complete silence…

Opening his eyes, he didn’t recognize where he was initially, and got up, noticing blue walls around him…bookshelves, clean glass windows and a study table. ‘Wha-what?’ His eyes widening, he then realized his voice changed drastically, sounding very nasally. He took a closer look to his own hands, and was even more bewildered what he saw, it being a pair of small child-like hands. Fearing the worst, he ran over to the mirror not far from his bed and was in utter shock of what it reflected. ‘Tha…that’s supposed to be…me? AAAAAAAAHHHH!!’ 

A somewhat round-appearing child sporting a small pink nose and round glasses covering the  blue eyes visible behind them, stood there in the mirror, rubbing over his apparently bald head devoid of any strings of hair, a pair of brown suspenders tightened over his shoulders and a tight black trouser and blue shirt covered his body, and finally a pair of round large shoes were visible under his pants.

*bonkbonk!* Looking to the right side, his eyes widened from the booming voice on the other side of the door. ‘Ivo! What’s the matter boy?! You had another bad dream?’  He shrieked out, holding his hands close to his body: W-who’s there?’

‘What was that? I can’t hear you!’ Opening the door, the boy was astounded as he saw a large bald man with a big stomach towering over him, the stomach held back by a white shirt put firmly in his pants  which were a deep dark brown color and the rest of his body being covered by a brown vest. The only things visible on his face was a large bushy brown moustache and a white monocle covering his right eye, the left one was a small squinty blue eye that met his gaze, and he pulled out a smoking pipe which he didn’t light yet, and grinned, his white teeth shining like the outside sky from the window behind him. ‘It’s me, your dad, sonny boy!’

Although confused, he quickly recognized the figure, and he smiled faintly to the man. ‘A-Ah, of course, dad.’  Ivo grew less nervous, and his apparent father stepped forward, arching his head forward. ‘Hmm, you sure you’re okay?’ 
‘Yes…yes I’m fine dad. I just got a bit nervous all of a sudden, although I don’t know why.’ Ivo scratched  his head, his father laughing, and grabbed his son by his hand, making him follow him out of his room towards the main hall.  ‘Ohoho. I know why! Today’s the big day that you’re going to enroll in junior high, my son!’
The two walking downstairs of the apparent large mansion,  Ivo suddenly got a clear idea of what was going on. ‘Oh, right! Junior high, of course!’ 
Arriving at a large wooden door, his father opened it up, revealing a large living room, with a big dining table where breakfast was already being served. A slim woman arriving in the living room as well, she sat next to the two on the dining table, and pointed to what was served to the boy on the table.  ‘There you go, Ivo dear. Fried eggs, your favorite!’

They enjoyed their breakfast in peace until they were done, a brief moment of silence filling the room until the man in brown clothing pulled the pipe out of his mout hand patted the boy on his back. ‘Ivo, I have great expectations of you, my son. You’ve heard this a million times before but I’m gonna reassure you of one thing: The Robotnik family has always been on the forefront of mechanical engineering, and when you finish school, you will take over my company, and bring great glory to our family’s name. That’s your destiny, and nothing else will convince you otherwise.’ His bright teeth visible once more, they heard a noise coming from outside, which sounded like a vehicle.

‘Well, time for you to go, Ivo. Go on and have a great day at school!’ The woman waved to her son as he ran towards the big front door of the mansion, grabbing his backpack near the side, and opened it up, revealing a pitch-black void that envelopped him quickly, and he fell unconscious.

‘…huh?’ As if another odd flash to some other period in time occured, he found himself standing in a large room, dressed in black as if he made a special graduation of sorts. He looked visibly older, and was still round, in fact, he appeared far more rounder than what he previously looked like last time he remembered. His trail of thought as he looked around silently was broken off when a voice boomed through the room from a microphone: ‘And that concludes the annoucements of those who will receive their doctorate and teaching degree at the end of this semester. Have a nice day.’

‘Teaching degree?...’ Ivo mumbled to himself, and just looked around as he saw the others leave the room in a huge hurry, some chatting with each other, others exchanging quick glances at him and withholding their laughter, something that visibly irked him, but he decided to just sit still, and wait until they all left the room, so he could resume his thinking. Somehow that trail of thought was very familiar to him.  ‘Ivo Robotnik?’

‘Huh?’ He looked up, noticing a older-looking woman who was standing close to him and he stood up. ‘Yes?’  Walking to the desk, she picked up some papers and quickly read through them, paying attention to his presence at the same time. ‘You have been remarkably lax in your studies, I notice…this is the 3rd time you’ve failed a important test. Is there something that’s withholding you from succeeding?’
Ivo twiddled his thumbs, and frowned. ‘I’m…I can’t focus, miss…I’ve been called out so many times for my appearance… it’s hard for me to memorize it in my mind instead of the insults that are flung my way.’ She sighed, putting the papers down. ‘I’ve had this discussion with you and your parents before, and no matter what, I can’t just order everyone to stop talking about your…unique appearance. It’s not possible to make everyone just praise you or just leave you alone all on their own like you order them to. You have to find that solution for yourself. ‘

Just the mere mention of his appearance irked him, and all of a sudden, a burst of anger came forth and he shouted: ‘If they would just do that, my life would be a whole lot easier, I can tell you that!!’ Shocked and insulted, the woman pointed towards the door, and frowned. ‘Out, now! I will not tolerate that tone from any of my students, Mr. Robotnik!’

Steam almost pouring from his ears, he stomped out of the classroom quickly, keeping in mind to stomp as loudly as he could to show his frustration in the most telling way possible, and slammed the door shut, heading towards the exit of the building, not paying heed to any of his fellow students who all looked bewildered in his direction, and in his mind, the only thing that mattered to him was that they were all buffoons. Foolish blind buffoons who failed to see him for what he truly was. All he could focus on right now was to go home, lock himself up in his room, and read another book about his grandfather, one person he always respected for his studies… closing his eyes, he tried to restrain himself from crying, and almost as if a wish was granted, the footsteps sounded more hollow and hollow with everything second, and soon he was surrounded by darkness once more.
‘Zzzzt…huh?’ Waking up, he found himself in a more familiar area, a factory of sorts, with control panels everywhere, tv monitors installed above them, and he felt comfortable being surrounded by it all, yawning as he got up from the chair and paid attention to one of the monitors, noticing a assembly line in where various animal-themed robots brought in actual animals, and forcibly put them on a conveyor belt where they were put into his own constructed robots, and activated as soon as the process was completed, a devious grin expressing his satisfaction. 

‘All according to plan…soon I can begin the very first steps to building the Eggman Empire…’ He thought to himself as he walked over to a desk and opened the top drawer, grabbing some ancient papers and reading through them once more. ‘And it would be certainly beneficial if I can get my hands on these mythical objects as well…the Chaos Emeralds. Supposed artifacts from ancient times capable of supplying unlimited power…hahahaha…’ He began to chuckle softly. ‘I will find them, I’m sure of it! And when I do…I’ll make them all pay…I’ll show all those fools who dared to tell me what I did was wrong…that they mocked me for my looks…’ Suddenly he began to impusively scream his thoughts out loud. ‘I WILL NOT TOLERATE ANY MORE DISOBEDIENCE! These robots I constructed will always obey me! They never question my authority!  I am right! I will lead all those idiots to a brighter world! I will make them all surrender to my brilliance! The brilliance of Ivo Robotnik! No…I will not associate myself with that name when I finally conquer the world…no…all hail…Dr. Eggman! All hail the Eggman Empire!’  Laughing so hard, he fainted from the lack of air, and fainted on the ground, this time seeming  as if he wouldn’t wake up, everything just going blank…

‘..oss? Boss? Hey boss, you alright?’
‘Zzzrth…bwahaha…huh?’ Opening up his eyes, the first thing he saw were 2 blue lights staring directly in his sunglasses, and instinctively screamed, pushing him away. ‘WHAAAA!!’ Landing against the metallic door, the yellow cube-shaped robot pulled himself together as Eggman grabbed his chest with both hands trying to regain breath. ‘Haaa…haa….you idiot…you nearly gave me a heart attack!’

The door opening, the red spherical robot floated inside, humming and holding a plate of sandwiches in his hands. ‘Oh, looks like you’re awake, boss.’
The doctor sneered at Orbot, pointing at Cubot with frowning eyes. ‘Yes…thanks tot hat duncebot over there! He practically scared me to death!’
‘Well excuse me,  for being worried about you, Cap’n. I was busy tending to that leg ‘o yours, when ya started yappin’ in yer sleep like Jolly Roger in his most absurd dreams!’

‘Not that annoying pi—wait a second…tending to my leg?’ Eggman just paid attention to what his servant said and noticed first aid being supplied to his injured leg, and ruffled through his mustache.  ‘Huh…actually looks like you almost did a competent job at something for once, Cubot…’ Eggman muttered out, and Orbot placed the plate next to him, rubbing his hands together. ‘Well my companion here was actually geniuely concerned for your welfare after you fell asleep, boss. Even after you punished him for his er…insolence?’

‘He was?’ Eggman exchanged a look of confusion to Cubot, who simply nodded. ‘Oh, and I took the liberty of instructing your troops to construct a new mech for you, seeing as how you are so eager for revenge. All the while preparing your favorite food to help you recover faster. Fried eggs on your sandwiches, was it?’

Small tears formed from behind his sunglasses, and the doctor hided them by covering his eyes with his hands. ‘You…you two…*sniff*
‘Aw, whaddya caught now, dirt in your eye?’ Cubot remarked towards him, Eggman immediately growing annoyed once more. ’S-Silence, you dimwit! I’m just baffled at how you two actually do something right for once. They both stood in formation on cue, and Eggman just stared at the two briefly, a long silence filling the room fora bout 5 seconds, ending with Eggman sighing and plowing his head on the pillow. ‘…Anyway, revenge is out of the question for now…go enjoy yourselves or something. I can’t do anything with the current state of my leg anyway…’

The two nodded, and left the room in a hurry. ‘Thank you, most gracious boss.’ ‘Arr, I am gonna have me some fun with dem scallywags!’ 

Eggman just sighed, and for the first time ever since quite a long while ago, felt actually happy as he started to nibble on one of the sandwiches…

End

• Thumbs Up 3

Wow! That is actually kind of nice to see Eggman depicted this way! I can definitely see this happen in the Sonic universe since it isn't too dark. It's nicely written and I can imagine what's happening during the story, can't wait to read more, man!

Another fic of mine. Hope you guys enjoy it!

A day with Chao's.

The young rabbit's mother was spending her free time quietly making some soup for her daughter when she was suddenly caught off-guard from the phone ringing in the distance, and putting the kitchen tools down she went to grab it, holding it close to one of her long ears. 'Vanilla the Rabbit here....oh...a parental meeting at school? I'll be right over there.'

Hanging up, she quickly glanced over to the living room seeing her child enjoying a innocent children's program on TV, and sighed, putting her hand under her muzzle to think of a solution who could babysit Cream...

'Hmm...just have to wire the cables together...and that should do it!' The twin-tailed fox wiped the sweat from his head as he was finally done fixing Amy's tv, and he signaled to her to try switching it on. 'Hmm...yes! There we go! Thanks alot, Tails!' Amy shouted happily as she was occupied switching from channel to channel out of glee and curiosity.  They both heard a ringing sound come from the phone situated on the brown table close by, and Amy rushed over to the phone to pick it up, smiling.

'Hello? Yes, this is Amy Rose. Oh, hi there Miss Vanilla.'Amy seemed a tad bit disappointed that it wasn't Sonic calling her, but she wasn't saddened having to talk to Cream's mother. Tails approached Amy cleaning his hands and just listened to the conversation. 'Oh, you have to attend a parental meeting at Cream's school and you're wondering if I can watch over Cream until you return? Sure, I can do that! I'll be over there as fast as I can!' Amy hung up and grabbed her coat, Tails following her outside as they both ran down the staircase. 'Amy, wait up! So you're going to babysit Cream?'

'Yes, she's a good friend of mine after all...' The two arrived outside where Amy then stopped, and took a moment to think about the method of traveling to Cream's house the quickest way. 'Hmm...if I hitch a ride with a taxi, it will awhile to get to Cream's...' Feeling Tails' finger poking her on her shoulder, she turned around.
'Amy, we could take the train to the Mystic Ruins area, and I can fly you over to Cream's place more quickly, would save you money too!'

'Thanks Tails! Let's hurry up then before the train departs!' The two dashed ahead to the main station.

'Zzz....' *knockknock!* Zz...Huh? Opening her eyelids with a yawn, the young rabbit got up and cheerfully walked to the door, curious to see who it was, and was incredibly happy to see Amy standing there. 'Amy! What are you doing all the way over here?' Amy stepped inside as Cream noticed the Tornado plane behind her and Tails working on stopping the engines, though she was happy to see Tails as well, she stepped inside first to hear what Amy got to say.

'Oh, I got here because your mother asked if I could watch over you while she's off for a important meeting at your school.' Cream's eyes widened slightly. 'Oh, really?' She heard her mother walk in the living room, and looked up to her. 'Mother, is it true that you asked Amy to watch over me while you're gone?'

Vanilla embraced her daughter in a quick gentle hug, and grabbed her coat. 'I'll be back in a few hours, it shouldn't take too long, sweetie. Amy will watch over you. Bye now, and please take care of her, Amy. If you need anything you can dial me at the school, I written the phone number down on a paper near the phone.'

Rushing outside, she noticed Tails, and stopped briefly to greet the young fox boy. 'Oh hello Tails. I guess you probably flew Amy over here?' He jumped out and rubbed his muzzle. 'Yeah, it wasn't a big deal, though.' She smiled as she waved, continuing down the path further on the plain. 'Have a nice day, Tails!'

The fox boy waving her off until she was a good distance away, he walked inside and closed the door behind him, hearing a familiar noise approaching him from upstairs. 'Chao chao!' Cheese happily greeted Tails as he waved to the infant Chao. 'Hey there, Cheese.' Proceeding to walk further inside, he noticed Cream and Amy sitting on the couch, discussing what they could do to spend the time, until they both spotted the fox boy. 'Come and sit down here next to us, Tails!' Amy patted the spot open between her and Cream, Tails joining in and just smiling faintly, twiddling his thumbs.

'So Tails, here's what I got in mind. I'm going to make something nice for us to eat while Cream goes outside to play, she wants to go to a spring in the forest where there are lots of Chao inhabitating the area, right Cream?' She nodded with much joy. 'I can't wait to introduce Cheese to a bunch of new friends!' Her Chao companion sounded eager as well.

Tails got up and stood next to Cream. 'Hmm...well I haven't got anything else to do for awhile, so how about I accompany you to that spring, Cream? I'd love to see those Chao as well.'
'Yay!' She grabbed Tails' hands cheerfully as she smiled brightly to him. 'That'd be wonderful! Thank you Mr. Tails!' Somehow Tails felt both slightly flusterered and a bit bashful from seeing her so excited, but he just sighed, and Amy got up, intending to go to the kitchen. 'Right then, I'll prep something up while you two go and have fun.'

Awhile later, the young fox and rabbit both walked along the grassy fields leading into the forest area, small bits of the sunrays shining through the thick layer of trees covering the air, and Tails just felt happy to enjoy the calm serene scenery, and hearing Cream hum a nice song along with Cheese as she skipped forward.

'Come on, Mr. Tails!' He was snapped out of his trail of thought as he met his eyes with hers. 'Hmm?'
'Why don't you join us in our little song?' He chuckled slightly. 'Oh, sure. I'll try to sing along. But um...Cream?'
'Yes?' He scratched the side of his left ear slightly bashfully. 'There's really no need to call me Mr., through...I'm 2 years older than you, remember?'

Cream looked a bit sad, and put her hands together. 'But...my mother always told me to address older people with respect, no matter what age they are...' Tails sighed, and grabbed her hand, walking along further. 'Never mind, if you want to call me Mr. Tails, that's fine too...'

She giggled, which made him blush slightly, but quickly shrugged it off, not knowing why, and they soon arrived at the spring, stepping over a few tree roots, and they could see lots of Chao happily singing, swimming, running along, engaging in all matters of activities. 'Chao Chao!' Cheese flew ahead and waved his arms to his fellow kind, a good number of them looking in his direction with a question mark symbol popping above their heads, until they noticed the friendly Chao and quickly surrounded him, shaking his hands,

'Aw...I'm so happy for Cheese...' Cream sighed with content as she sat down on a nice patch of grass, Tails joining her as he sat down next to her, and the two just enjoyed the view of the Chao happily playing with each other as a group, and as a family. 'Heheh...it's quite a spectacle to see those Chao, isn't it?' 
Cream nodded happily, and they resumed to just stare in tranquility at the event, until all of a sudden, a acorn came flying towards a few Chao to the left of the two.

'Wha?!' They both got up and hurried to see what was going on, and they noticed a wild monkey taunting the Chao, it's tail dangling from a tree branch as it threw ore acorns towards the helpless Chao, who cowered in panic, Cream holding her hands together against her mouth in shock, and Tails grew angry at the simian rapidly. 'Hey you!' He pointed towards the ape. 'Stop doing that right now, bully!' The ape snickered with his teeth visible, and blew a raspberry at the fox, throwing all of his acorns towards the Chao all grouped together, desperately evading the barrage, but Tails was horrified when he saw one of them hit a infant Chao right on his arm, the little creature grunting in pain and tears flwoing from his eyes.

Filled with anger, the fox revved up his twin tails immediately and dashed towards the monkey, the ape shrieking as he couldn't believe what hit him in such a short amount of time. The fox tackled him and they both fell to the ground, Tails gritting his teeth as he pinned him to the ground, the monkey shrieking in panic and trying to struggle free.

'Wait, Tails!' Cream hurried along, and grabbed a small mandarin from her dress' pocket. 'Don't hurt him, please!' He took a deep breath and released his grip on the simian, the creature getting up and cowering, the young rabbit girl offering him the piece of fruit. 'Here you go, Mr. Monkey...now please...promise me that you'll make up with the Chao there and just be friends, okay? If you do that, I'll come along more often and bring more fruit.'

The monkey liked the sound of more food, and he accepted the mandarin, walking over to the Chao with his head bowed down in shame, but the Chao didn't hesitate in shaking hands with him, and forgave him for his misbehavior, the monkey even heading over to the injured infant and petting him on the head, which seemed to have calmed him down.

'There you go...have a nice day, Mr. Monkey!' 'Hoo hoo ha!' He jumped into the tree branch and swinged away, Tails smiling as he walked over to the small Chao, checking his arm. 'Hmm...doesn't seem to be too bad...I'll just take care of his arm at my home and I'll return him tomorrow, alright, guys?' Chao Chao!' They accepted his offer, and the infant smiled at the fox boy, who petted him on the head. 'There there, everything's going to be okay.'

The two headed back to Cream's house, Tails reflecting on what just happened. 'You know, Cream...you're really nice towards all the animals no matter how mean they might be. I could learn something from you. '

She blushed and put her hands behind her back, looking towards him. 'R-Really? Well...thank you Tails, that means alot to me...'
Seeing her like that somehow made him both smile and blush again, this time his cheeks growing a bit more visibly red, and he tried to stumble his words together. 'Oh! Uh...h-hey! You called me Tails for once!'

The two chuckled, their laughter echoing in the park.

Later, when the sun was setting, and Tails and Amy prepared to take off in the Tornado, Amy holding the little infant Chao in her arms, the gusty wind ringed through their ears as they flew off towards Tails' workshop, the fox and the hedgehog looking down once more to see the two rabbits and the Chao wave them goodbye, and Tails felt really warm inside, being grateful for having been able to experience such a wonderful event and some quality time with another good friend, the same thoughts crossing Cream's mind as she grabbed hold of her mother's hand, the two returning inside the house as they saw the plane being reduced to a small spot on the horizon....

End.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well that was pretty cute.

Again great imagery, the characters are nicely written and just another great story man. Loved it!

• 3 weeks later...