Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

I cant chose between crabmeat and bubbles. i like crabmeat because I think crabs are cool in real life and they can actually go with any zone. Bubbles because they are fun to bounce off and they actually have spikes so you have to be careful to time your attacks on them.

• Thumbs Up 2

s3-icz-badniks.jpg

Sandworm,%20Skorp.png

I love these three Badniks. Their designs and color schemes are the perfect mix between cute and dangerous that I believe Eggman's mechs should have. I'd really like to see more of the like appear in the future, especially ones like Penguinator.

• Thumbs Up 4

Well then well then well then, this question here is a beauty. I'm gonna go with the fella that's always had me kinda intrigued as to what he's supposed to be.

Roller.png

The Roller. Is he supposed to mimic Sonic and his rolling? Maybe it was ol' Eggy's first attempt at creating a 'Metal Sonic'. I actually like to think of these fellas as the 'beta' Metal, the things that helped research along. That and they hang around in Spring Yard, one of my favorite stages from Sonic 1. Frustrating little buggers, but I like them regardless.

(First day dun! Great idea, Crusher fella!)

• Thumbs Up 5

Day 1: Favorite Badnik

caterkiller_by_tobibrocki-d2ikkl6.png

He's cute, he's unique, he will ruin your shit if you don't kill him properly, and best of all he's got a TOP-TIER NAME. You almost don't want to destroy him. 

• Thumbs Up 3

My favourite? Bubbles. So creatively used throughout Sonic 4.

You did say April Fools, :P

But no, serious talk here, I have to say Crabmeat... I don't know why, whether it be his crazy looking Classic form, with those bong eyes, and simplistic design, or his Modern counterpart, which laughs at you like a bastard when it hits you, I just don't know, he's just an attractive enemy and I adore his design and name, "Crabmeat", it's just so fitting for his attitudes.

I also love the fact he now shoots missiles from his claws, that's just super awesome. So, Go Team Crabmeat *waves flag*

• Thumbs Up 4

Day 1: My favorite Badnik is probably Cluckoid.

Sonic3%26K_Badnik_Cluckoid.PNG

It's funny to me for a lot of reasons, the first being its goofy blank stare. And the weather vane he's stationed on looks like it's made out of a bent paperclip. But on top of that, I can't really imagine what Eggman was thinking when he built this. Cluckoid only deals contact damage so his "attack" doesn't actually hurt you. He's just this dumb looking, stationary robot chicken that blows really hard at you to momentarily impede your progress, and nothing else. He's just hilarious to me.

• Thumbs Up 7

This is a tough question. It's definitely a tie between Motobugs and Crabmeats.

On one hand Motobug is the original badnik! He's the first one you see when loading up the first Sonic game. His mission is simple, run over the blue Hedgehog.

On the other hand Crabmeat is well... crabmeat. He has this evil look on his face which turns to pure joy if he happens to get a hit on Sonic which is so enjoyable to see!

• Thumbs Up 6

I got two, they are both obscure, and from knuckles' chaotix

First off, this sleek little guy from Marina Madness, he doesnt even have a name, but he has a charming little design, is sleek, and is quite ironic considering the level has no water

Kcmmbadnik2-spr.png

And this guy, Carry, I mean he is a ball carrying flea of doom, whats not to like!

Carry-spr.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Day One: Favorite Badnik

Imma go with my main man Motobug. Not only is he immensely cute. Not only is he a motorcycle bug thing. But he's also the very first enemy to take Sonic head-on, no bullcrap, and that my friend takes guts. And motor oil, or something.

• Thumbs Up 3

Day 1: Favourite Badnik

Man, this is like picking your favourite child, but it would probably have to be the Egg Fighter series of robots from Unleashed.

SU_Egg_Fighter.png

I've always had a soft spot for these guys. I think of them as the successors to the Egg Pawn robots. They may look more serious but they're still as wacky as their older brethren.

For example, in the night stages for Unleashed, if they spot the Werehog, they throw and wave their arms in the air like mad men as if they were saying "HEY, GUYS! HE'S OVER HERE, HE'S OVER HERE! GET 'IM!". Their over-the-top animations really help bring them to life.

• Thumbs Up 6

I like both Crabmeat and Caterkiller. Egg Pawns are pretty funny and wacky too.

• Thumbs Up 1

My favourite badnik to start us off are Grounders. Simply put, great diggy robots, fun design and it gave me my fave AOSTH character.

• Thumbs Up 5

Oh my well I simply have to contribute to this

Redz_sprite.png

I'm quite the fan of Redz. The fact he was a scrapped enemy made him all the more interesting for me. I have a soft spot for dinosaurs being the child I am and this guy is like cool and adorable all at once. Plus look at dat red sheen. He's the most swagtastic badnik around.

• Thumbs Up 5

Day 1: Favourite Badnik

Man, this is like picking your favourite child, but it would probably have to be the Egg Fighter series of robots from Unleashed.

SU_Egg_Fighter.png

I've always had a soft spot for these guys. I think of them as the successors to the Egg Pawn robots. They may look more serious but they're still as wacky as their older brethren.

For example, in the night stages for Unleashed, if they spot the Werehog, they throw and wave their arms in the air like madmen as if they were saying "HEY, GUYS! HE'S OVER HERE, HE'S OVER HERE! GET 'IM!". Their over-the-top animations really help bring them to life.

Personally, I don't really consider those guys to be genuine "Badniks", but you're free to keep your post as it is. ^^

Favorite Badnik... man that's a tough one for me.

I think I'm gonna go with this one:

Motobug.png

Motobug. I like color scheme on this fella and also this guy is, to me, the Badnik from Sonic the Hedgehog. Plus, I think I find this guy adorable-looking and deadly at the same time. Y'know, the one that has a cute appearance on the outside, but it will run you over if you underestimate it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Favourite badniks? What an odd question to start off with. 

It matters not though, because I can name three Badniks that instantly come to mind for this, and for mostly the same reasons.

Whisp.png

Enemy01.jpg

Technosqueek.png

Whisp, Mosqui and TechnoSqueek!

All three of them are adorable little Badniks that flitter around the screen (or around the walls for Squeek) trying to bother you. None of them are particularly deadly to the player as long as you respond to them, but their relatively little threat is made up by just how much you want to pick them up and cuddle their metallic bodies. I think Mosqui has a slight edge simply due to how daft its design looks (it's a needle with eyes and wings!) but they all can occupy my top 3 comfortably.

And then there's #4...

S3drrbadnik1.png

Nom.

• Thumbs Up 2

My absolute favorite has to be Coconuts.

250px-Coconuts_2.png

He's adorable, he uses explosives, and he's from my favorite zone!

...Although he was a HUGE pain in Tropical Coast. Seriously, running into him as Super Sonic does NOTHING! So I'll have to demote him to Scrub Monkey, Third Class.

I also love Crabmeat and Motobug, since they've had a lot of variants in the past few years.

• Thumbs Up 3

Favorite Badnik?

Unidus/Uni-Uni comes to mind.

242px-Orbinaut.png

If you take into account it's Japanese name, it's based on a sea urchin and I think it's a really creative take on that animal.

And just look at the way they act.

Look at where they place themselves even!

ixAhyQLVYkj0p.gif

Look at that mean expression. LOOK AT IT. They're totally no nonsense. The second they see Sonic, they fire their spike balls at him. Then, obviously angry at not being able to hit their master's spiny nemesis, keep going in a vain effort to hit him themselves. Unfortunately for them...Sonic is called Sonic for a reason.

Can't felt 'em for persisting though.

• Thumbs Up 9

Day 1: What is your favourite of Eggman's Mechanical Menaces?

Wow, that's a tough choice! Eggman's been responsible for plenty of amazing automatons over the years, From Motobug to Rhinobot to that giant...whatever this is that chases you in Colours, I love them all! But I do have one that I consider my favourite. 

Penguinator-spr.png

yo

Look, who doesn't 1) love penguins and 2) Eggman's robots? I certainly do, and of course Penguinators would be at least one of my favourite badniks. I'm not sure how exactly it ended up being my favourite, though--I've become increasingly fond of Egg Pawns over the years, good old Motobugs are always there for me, and there's so many other great choices. But, perhaps due to being in the first Sonic game I played, or perhaps because penguins are awesome, or because they're cute, or all of the above, Penguinator triumphs over all.

And yes, when I found out they were returning in Lost World, it was an embarrassingly happy moment for yours truly. Welcome back, old friend.

• Thumbs Up 3

For me, it would have to be the Moto Bug. Not only is it one of the most iconic badniks in the series, but it's also one of the cutest things ever! Seriously, look at this guy:

SLW_Motobug_Concept_Artwork.jpg

I don't know if it's the simplistic design, the slightly derpy expresion, or their color scheme, but the Moto Bug is probably the third cutest thing in the whole franchise (after Tails and the Chao).

• Thumbs Up 7