Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

I don't want to sound insensitive here, but won't this delay cause it to clash with the 30 Days of Video Games? I mean, will the latter need to be pushed back slightly, or will we just run both for the final few days of this?

Again, sorry if I sound impatient, I'm just a little concerned about dates and all that.

I don't want to sound insensitive here, but won't this delay cause it to clash with the 30 Days of Video Games? I mean, will the latter need to be pushed back slightly, or will we just run both for the final few days of this?

Again, sorry if I sound impatient, I'm just a little concerned about dates and all that.

This delay will not clash with the 30 Days of Video Games as it is expected to start on May 1st. The events will have to run simultaneously for 5 days to wrap the 30 Days of Sonic up. Now if you having to make a post for 2 separate events for 5 consecutive days is going to be a big problem for you then I don't know what to tell you. But this is just the way that it has to be amid the circumstances so your patience, understanding and cooperation is both needed and appreciated.

• Thumbs Up 4

Sorry, I guess I probably shouldn't have worried.

I came across as quite a dick there. Crusher, take as long as you need.

No need to be sorry for such an unexpected event, Crusher. These things happen so all what you need to do is focus on recovering soon.

Take a good rest and all the care you need, man! We'll all be patiently waiting for you. =)

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, at least anyone who hasn't had a chance to answer the current question has all the time in the world. laugh.png

Sorry, I guess I probably shouldn't have worried.

I came across as quite a dick there. Crusher, take as long as you need.

No no, I understand. It's fine. smile.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Just take your time in getting better, man. No need to rush anything until your health is in tip-top shape. We'll just be waiting here till Friday. :)

• Thumbs Up 2

Personally, I like how (minding the unfortunate circumstances), the final five days are going to be running alongside the first five days of the 30 Days of Video Games thread. It's like a nice transitional period/blending-thing going on with it. 

Get well soon Crusher of the Doctor profession

Take care of yourself man.

Bedrest and Chicken Noodle soup will cure what ails ya. And if it don't well you just got to spend a day sitting on your butt and eating some quality soup. Win-Win.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, might as well take advantage of this delay then....

Offline I can't say that I've made many friends within the Sonic Fandom, as most Sonic friends off the internet seem more casual fans of Sonic. Online was really where it was at. Back in around 2004-5ish is when I became a member of the forums, and I skyrocketed into one of the most feared members to cross mainly because of the environment at the time. Looking back, I still can't believe that this place has become so friendly compared to its toxic past. But then came the server wipe that cleared most of the junk away. It's a shame, as I did see worth in some of that old material back then.

So that's at least 10 years I've been on these forums. Feels a lot shorter looking back. But this place ended up changing, in a way that is much better. I'd like to say I helped scare people straight, but I didn't do it alone as other members who've been around helped steer the attitude into a more positive and constructive place that you see it today. I'm wondering how today's forums are so much more stressful when the previous forums were a nightmare to be in. To put this in perspective, most people there were post-sniping bastards at each other's throats, and if you weren't a bastard at first, you had to become a bastard just to get by and keep people off of you. Story of the old SSMB I was in...good times, no? tongue.png

Let's start with thevfellow ancients, shall we?

Tornado - though I may have been feared back then, Tornado was among the few members I wouldn't dare to cross, believe it or not. And mind you, this was before he became a moderator. Hell, I was wondering why he wasn't a mod during those times.

Nepenthe - I find it interesting how much more we butt heads today than we did in the past, but we share memories together. We were one of the most vocal, and semi-sane fans of Shadow back when his game made his popularity tank, always came to his defense and attacking anyone else who was being hypocritical at the time.

Blacklightning - now I met him on the Concept Mobius forums and we immediately became friends somehow. I love this guy's wit and his knowledge on gaming, as it always serves as an insight on the flaws and strengths of the media.

Other notable mentions are Gabz Girl, Verte, and Inferno, Chooch, Indigo Rush, Komodin and then we get into newer mentions like RoboRick, Diogenes, Johnny, Dr. Crusher, and Dr. Homen, and many more.

Honestly, it's a bit difficult to go through everyone here, and not all of the people I'll mention are on my friends list. That doesn't make them less of a friend, but it's just something that you can know in spirit. So just because I haven't mentioned you doesn't mean I don't count you.

Also, get well soon Dr. Crusher!

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 25 Challenge: In what ways have you made friends within the Sonic fanbase?

I've already posted waaaaay back on the day to claim my spot, but I'd figure I'd post my actual post here so it doesn't get missed.

Before I jump into SSMB, I just want to mention some IRL friends that were spawned from my love for the blue blur.

Rabid-Noodles - Me and him sorta got acquainted on SSMB at first through my old sales thread, he bought a whole bunch of stuff, that was ridiculously awkward to post, but then I remembered He lived in Newcastle, literally a 10 minute train ride from my city and we agreed to meet up. We ended up hitting it off pretty well and we spent all day in Newcastle chatting Sonic, and we've become good friends ever since, we even went to see Anamaguchi in London last year together, and spent the weekend exploring London, it was an awesome experience.

Another  is Naysu/Lightsen, we didn't really become proper friends till after College when I think I eventually roped her into one of our meets and we had a blast, and me, Naysu and Rabid-Noodles became a sort of trio for events and days out and stuff, it's been a while since I've seen either of them, but that's down to my anxiety and being a little unorthodox.
I've also known Envy/Gatestormer for a loooooong time online, but only in the last few years have we ever hooked up in person, I think it was properly established in 2012 at the Summer of Sonic event, the only one I've been to! I made a bunch of cool friends down there as well as meet pre-existing online friends who I've been dying to meet, and not to mention T-Bird, king of merch and organizer of SoS, we've become really close friends and he drops in to visit sometimes to catch up on each other's lives and talk merch and to vent and stuff, he's a really swell guy that I wish I could hang with more!

As for ONLINE, oh boy, where do I start?? My very life is hardwired into the Sonic Community here, on Tumblr, Deviantart, furaffinity etc. And because of it, I've become notorious to meeting and talking to new people all the time, even here recently I've started some new friendship's and what not, but I figure I'd get the "veteran" friends out of the way first before they maul me tongue.png.

• SinfulSilencer/Noel - A merchandise and general interest's buddy, We got talking when I was heavily into collecting and we'd often exchange links on stuff we should pre-order, but now we don't do it as much. He became interested in pursueing art and I'm sort of a mentor of sorts.

• Jude/Lhancat - Another merch buddy! They've helped me out on numerous occasions with ordering and finding items, but I've been just as helpful back, they normally turn to me for advice on stuff regarding auctions and rare items and such, I also adore them as a close friend and we can tell each other our problems without being judged, but I am always honest with them!

• Verte/Vertekins - I want to say I've been a good friend for Verte, I've been there for her in her times of need and helped quell some problems off the board between feuding members, she's really smart and friendly, I really wish we spoke more.

• JezMM - We've been friends a while now, and we just keep getting closer and the jokes keep getting worse but I really like Jez, he's funny and he always is honest with me, he's also incredibly pervy so we go together like bread and butter lmao.

• Sean - Very friendly and totally understanding, he just....Gets me like others don't, he may not have a lot to say when I vent, but having him just listen is enough to make me feel better... His art fucking rocks too, and he understands my current life struggles, he's an incredible person, and I'd be lost without him.

But recently I've made a good amount of friends through Skype, so I'll just list them as I really can't write about everyone! So Ruth, Wraith, Brad,Azoo, Warp, Apollo, Doc Azure, Spindash, Cake, Auto, Chibi, Felix, Rawrs, Place, Discoid, Solkia, Rosa, Wolfy, Xenos, Dr Crusher, Ragna, Jin, Eddy, Felix, Winston, Blue Wisp, Nep Nep/Dead Master/Saber, Robo Rick, Inferno, Meow, Vizard, Kiah & Tomoki I love you all, and SSMB simply wouldn't be the place it is without you all, continue being awesome <3
  • Thumbs Up 9

The following people, well...they have THE TOUCH! They're, well how should put it? Like this I guess.

[...]

He's got the touch

And Gif-music power

Hmmmmm

Edit: *reas the last few pages?* How come only one person loves me?  /forever alones. 

• Thumbs Up 3

When's.... when's the next one?

th_SonicTap.gif

No rush.

Edit:

HEADS UP/WARNING/ETC: At long last, the next question should finally be here shortly. Hip hip hurray and whatnot.

I feel like a dorchs.

Edited by Indigo Rush

I think it was reading that Sonic Colors' red rings were optional. After playing Unleashed, I was just so happy to hear that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Zone 26: Favorite bit of Sonic News

Every bit of excitement on my end was real.

• Thumbs Up 3

Gonna have to go with the Sonic reveal in Brawl. I mean, there was of course the speculation that he was a hidden character in Melee, but that was a hoax.

I honestly didn't expect it, just "oh shit Sonic.", out of the blue, and the cause of a massive smile. Finally, Mario vs. Sonic could happen, properly. (Granted he wasn't the best character but...uh...yeah...)

I guess I should say that the reveal of Sonic Boom got me really hyped and I'm really looking forward to it!

But this is the case since I wasn't following the Sonic media until the hype for Colors but I will say that Boom got me hyped the most.

Like sure the redesigns might not bode well with others but I'm personally liked them and it's great that another show for Sonic is coming up and probably the most diverse video game developer's first project is a video game prequel for the show makes me all excited!

IT'S THE YEAR OF SONIC FOR SURE!

Oh geez this is a tough one since almost every single bit of sonic news makes me happy but if I had to choose one time that I was over the wall happy, it would be when sonic unleashed was announced and I watched a couple of videos on it at my cousins house. Truth be told, I didn't even know about the game at all until I saw a preview video by IGN on coincidence, I honestly don't know what it was that made me so happy from the werehog (which I thought was awesome at the time and still do) or the transition to 3d for rush gameplay (which was my favorite gameplay style and once again, still is :D) but man did it get me excited and even though I didn't get the HD version first (rented the SD one from Hollywood video) I still had a blast with it until I did.

Favorite piece of Sonic News:

For me, it would be...finding out that Sonic Lost World doesn't have the Boost game-play. I was not really a big fan of it to be honest, it looked cool but it wasn't really for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 26: Ren's Biggest Fangasm Moment!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKJywQF-cXA

HANDS FRIGGIN DOWN.

We all know that one damn April Fools prank with Sonic and Tails in Melee. So when the new Smash was announced, I was like "Huh...what if Sonic was in this one?" and then I was like "naaaaaaah..." Then months later...OH MAN. I literally jumped for joy and shrieked like a banshee. I thought I was dreaming for a moment. I just fuggin' exploded man. Like. I went and yelled at all my friends like "HEY DID YOU SEE THAT SONIC'S GONNA BE IN THE NEW SMASH BROTHERS" and they were either like "YESSSSS" or "WHAAAAAT?" and we all gasmed and stuff and ohhhhhhh that was such a damn good day.

• Thumbs Up 3

I would have to say when I was on Wikipedia back in 2007, and found that Sonic came back after being killed in Sonic 06. Sonic is my childhood hero, so it was devastating to think he was supposed to die and a relief to know he would revive.