Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

Zone 26: Favorite bit of Sonic News

Every bit of excitement on my end was real.

Wow, I read a couple pages and it was actually really heartwarming, dunno why I wasn't involved in that thread at the time, but everyone's reactions were just like mine. The lead-up to Generations was one of the most exciting times to be a fan, but a specific moment?

Sonic_Advance_Coverart.png

SEGA Goes Third-Party

I loved Sonic. I loved playing Sonic on friends' consoles, and on my computer. But my parents only let me have Nintendo consoles out of fear of us wanting twice the amount of game stuff if they let us have a SEGA console.

While everyone else was mourning over the loss of the Dreamcast, I was just happy I'd be able to actually play new Sonic games. I hadn't played a 3D Sonic game yet and the idea of one seemed surreal, and maybe someday they'll make one like I imagined they'd be.

Day 26: Which Sonic-related trailer news made you happy?

Well for one thing I can most likely vouch for the Sonic Boom trailer, since it actually does seem pretty fun for a Sonic spinoff, even if it's reception might be really mixed, but oh well, I was seriously anxious what it was going to be like when I saw it.

Also, it's nice to see you back on track in good health again, Crusher chap.

Holding nothing back:

2432474-sb_keyart_01_rgb_a4_300dpi_13916Sonic Boom. Wow.

While the recent stream of recent decent-great games we'd been getting (Colors, both Sonic 4 episodes, Generations and Lost World) was fine with me, I couldn't help but feel like the series was getting a little stale. We were reusing level tropes, and storylines (Lost Hex AND Little Planet?). I would have been fine if we just got a new Lost-World esque game, or even a boost game announced, but this...wow. If you're gonna breathe new life into Sonic in any way, then a change in continuity and some new character and art designs are the way to do it. I just am really, really annoyed that I need to wait all summer to get it (that said, I will have Isaac Rebirth, Kirby Triple Deluxe, and the 3DS version of Super Smash Bros. 4).

Favorite Sonic news?

When they say theres a new Sonic game. Because if theres a new game a main game it means its another for me to love. I love then they say theres a new Sonic game sense they dont come out that fast. But the game I was exited for was Sonic Lost World. I saw a trailer Sonic call Eggman "McNosehair" and I was happy. Because Sonic was funny and fun and we got a game fun like Sonic Colors.

• Thumbs Up 2

Welcome back Crush. Allow us to continue to bombard you with wall'o'text's for you to sift through.

(I'll go easy on ya for this round)

The easy answer for me would have to be Sonic's reveal in Brawl. Beyond having live and learn blast through the stereo, the whole thing is a gigantic jizz bomb in your pants. That's the dream many of us had had for years and here it was dangled right in front of your face. I must have watched that trailer a million times. Just attempting to suck in the awesome. Never getting sick of watching some Hedgehog on Gorilla violence.

If I were to name another, I think I might lean toward some of the Unleashed trailers, particularly the Endless Possibilities one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYfl13Ip3i8

That was our first real extended look at the game if I recall correctly, and I was incredibly hyped to get my hands on that blazing fast Hedgehog. Even by today's Sonic game standards, the thing is just gorgeous in motion and pushes the thrill factor for speedrunning fanatics like me. I get the itch to go tackle that game again just by looking at this trailer.

E03BoxY.jpg

Retroactively hearing about the comics receiving a reboot.

..What?

Seriously. Classic Sonic, colorful blocks, sky high parkour, that's all really nice but all of those were announced long after I lost the investment I once had in the game series. Trust me, they were cool reveals, but I'm past the point where I feel I could get majorly excited about the series again.

On the other hand, hearing recently that the Archie comics received a reboot a few months ago was a pretty big deal to me. The comics, not the games or cartoons, were my gateway to the franchise, and I fed off the issue 20-50 era of US Sonic comics. They defined a lot of elements I like that aren't present in the main series, most notably the freedom fighters, whom I always believed to be just as integral to the comic's image as Sonic himself. Much to my dismay, the comics eventually went in a direction with which we're all familiar, and things were not pretty. Even after Ian came on board, some things improved while others just got messier. I wasn't following the comic as rigorously as I had in the past, but after picking up random issues from the 90s all the way up to the 130s, I ultimately gave up buying comics around the time 150 rolled around. I just quit caring, although every once in a while I checked up to see how Ian's writing was shaping up, and questionable decisions such as House of Cards, Scourge, or physically dismantling the freedom fighters made me roll my eyes and move on.

In a way Sonic 2006 was probably the game that Sonic needed at the time, in that it was the appropriate, ultimate kick in the pants that indicated Sega to get their fucking shit together and start making games that were actually worth people's time for a change, and as far as I'm concerned, ever since Unleashed the game series has seen pretty good momentum that I hope does not let up anytime soon. I'm really, really hoping that the Penders lawsuit brings about the same results. Even before Ken came along and ruined everyone's fun, the comics were just a thing I did not want to get into again, but thanks to the soft-reboot starting from issue 252, things are looking good with a back-to-basics premise, featuring Sonic versus Eggman with a reunited, and redesigned, cast of freedom fighters to back him up. Gone are the god damn Knuckles recolors, the sickening love triangles, the stupid, stupid green evil Sonic, the attempts at breaking apart the core freedom fighter cast over and over and over, and the inconsistent nature of the comic world that awkwardly tried to introduce game elements in later storylines with jarring results.

...At least, that's what I'm hoping for. Not counting Universe, the reboot is only nine or so issues in, I'm well aware of that, so it's still too early to tell if the new comics will head in a similar, convoluted direction that past issues had. But this time around, for the first time in years I have actual confidence in the comics' future - Ian is no longer bound by the old mythos that previous writers built up and clumsily handled, and utilizing the game canon as its backdrop is an overwhelming, much-needed relief, which finally welcomes in fans fresh off the game series who want to get into the comics without having to worry about 400+ issues of confusing continuity and furry drama to invest in.

And that's why I'm excited for the new comics. It's a fresh start, one that I'm finally anxious to follow once again.

• Thumbs Up 3

For me, the Sonic related news that really had me hyped was the Brawl reveal. I remember looking on the message boards here (back when I was a lurker) and noticing that topic had grown by like, 20 pages? So I checked the latest page and noticed people were talking about....Sonic?! SONIC?

*checks Brawl Dojo* ........ *flips out*

That trailer was so amazing that I reacted pretty much like most people did; flippin' ecstatic I was! I was really pleased to see Sonic again when they announced him for SSB4, but somehow I knew he would return so the trailer wasn't as amazing as the Brawl one, which came out of nowhere since nobody knew for sure if Sonic would be in Smash or not.

• Thumbs Up 2

Glad you are feeling better Crusher! Don't worry, we aren't mad :D

anyway onto the task at hand...

Day 26:

Hmm, this one is a number of different reveals for me

1) Sonic Unleashed teaser

I remember my brother sending me a link to a video with no other info but to "just watch it". So I clicked the link and watched. I saw Sonic running through cities, savannahs, desserts, and the countryside at breakneck speeds, enemies were no match for him as he just sped through them all. Of course this was at the time it was still called Project Needlemouse or something similar, regardless i was pumped, the actual Unleashed reveal got me so hyped for the game I was really excited! this was a new era for sonic and one that looked fun and exhilerating.

2) Sonic revealed in Brawl.

I remember getting home form School one October day and deciding to browse the Brawl Dojo to see if anything was new. it was. I clicked on the video and saw sonic running, hearing footsteps, he stops and then Live and Learn starts playing announcing that Sonic had joined the Brawl roster. I was exstatic and I started telling my friend and my sister all about it, we all got overly hyped!

3) Sonic Lost World

Although fairly recent I was really excited after the initial trailer and most subsequent trailers. They made the game look so good and the new Ideas was something I was really excited about. Its a shame that the game, although good in my opinion, did not really stand up to the expectation SEGA had set.

Honourable Mention

Sky Sanctuary in Gens

this is a pretty trivial thing, but after having my friend telling me that Sky Sanctuary was gonna be in Gens I was really excited and happy. I wasnt really following gens, due to not owning a console that could run it so I didnt really see the point in following the news and getting excited for something I couldnt play. needless hearing my favourite stage was in the game completely reversed that!

I'm going to put forward three separate events for this one, as a sort of timeline for my interests.

Event 1: Sonic Heroes is discovered (aka I really manage to get back into the gaming franchise);

I've often exposited on how I got back into the franchise as a whole (discovered the comics). Less talked about is how I got back into the gaming part of the franchise. So yeah, I'd been reading information databases online for the comic for about a year by 2003. And now it was the summer holidays, where I could search to my heart's content. So naturally, I did searches for characters who I'd become attached to in that timespan, positively or not (basically the Chaotix). Amongst the various scans of them from the comic that were ubiquitous with them back them, more and more there were these...images popping up of them, and they looked different to what the comic had. Naturally, seeing these images led me to conduct more research into where they came from, which led me to discover that a game called Sonic Heroes was on the horizon. I know a lot of people back then who were Chaotix fans were upset that the old Chaotix they knew were gone with the new looks, but I was hyped, and kept a constant eye on the progress of the game when I could. Ironically, I'd end up getting Mega Collection Plus before that on a whim. But eventually, after saving up for weeks for the £14.87 that the game cost at ASDA, it was mine in 2004. And it did not disappoint, just started a new chapter. What can I say to justify its impact further?

Event 2: Mario and Sonic go running (aka I start to join in Sonic communities)

By early 2007, I was an avid follower of the series. I'd look online to see if any new games were on the horizon, and then buy them once they did (I'd already caught up with the series by buying SA:DX, SA2:B and Sonic Gems prior). Now I'd discovered a place called the SEGA Forums, and although my parents dissuaded me from going on these weird places called 'forums', I still liked to read information they found from afar. I was online on March 28th, when people started posting about an apparent Mario and Sonic game coming out. A lot of people weren't convinced due to it being revealed so close to April Fools' day, but over the coming weeks it was verified that it was indeed a real thing. This was the first time I was following a hype train as it happened, and it was so bloody exciting for me! When I found a magazine talking about speculated characters showing up that they weren't talking about, I felt I absolutely needed to let them know of this information source they hadn't seen. So, on May 19th 2007, I scanned the page, joined the SEGA Forums and made my first post to alert them to the new info.

I haven't really stopped doing that, eh.

Event 3: There's leaks everywhere (aka I see how far I've progressed)

For the last one, we jump to 2011, where a lot of people were already on here, following the Generations hype train. As seen in about a thousand other replies, the Generations reveal itself was the big kahuna. Personally, I did not give a shit about seeing classic Sonic so that was much less of a thing for me. Nonetheless, I was still following, waiting for news. And then we got the demo. At first, that was mostly a cute little preview that I had some passing interest in just for impressions. However, somebody got the idea to look into the data of the demo further, and with it came one of the most infamous leaks in the Sonic franchise. And it was glorious. The entire level selection laid bare for everyone to try and imagine the end result of, the character cast revealing that my babies would have some sort of role in it, the reactions and theories of everybody else as the fandom went frantic and balls to the wall with this new wealth of info...it was one of the most entertaining moments in my time in the Sonic fandom. And in the end, while I was one of the first to notice how bare bones the plot and character interaction were on the face of it, I'd still say that Generations was my fourth favourite Sonic game and a worthy representation of all that frenzy.

ps I hated the Sonic in Brawl announcement initially lmao

Sonic appears in Wreck-It Ralph?

Voiced by Roger Craig Smith?

Giving advices like in the good old days of AoStH?

Which are actually useful to the plot of the movie?

My and everyone else's mind blew!

I think for me, it was probably the Sonic Generations reveal trailer as well.

I had only just come back into the fold, as it were, with Sonic Colours a couple of months before the trailer was released. Not counting the Olympics or Sonic Rush Adventure (which even that I only got in 2010), I hadn't bought a new game since Shadow. Part of that was due to being a late adopter of the PS3. Also part was the middling reviews of the games themselves. I wasn't even that excited about Colours to be honest, but the positive reaction to it made me take the plunge and get it on discount. I really enjoed it, and was optimistic to the future again.

Then that Trailer.

20th anniversary? Green Hill Zone? Classic Sonic?! It hit all the buttons, combining my regained interest in the modern era with my nostalgia for the old. I was massively hyped for Generations, though I did try to avoid spoilers so I could be surprised by each new moment in the game.

A runner up of sorts would be pretty much every announcement for Summer of Sonic 2011, because that just fed into everything I was feeling at that time.

Question #26: What Sonic-related news/spoilers/etc was it that really made you happy?

Well I'll be honest. I got into the games at around 2010 and I never followed news sites until 2012 I believe. Soo...

12336043403_8e8e27c10b.jpg

The reveal of Sonic Boom it is! I remember when we were first teased about Sonic Boom and me, just like most people were freaking out. There is no way in hell this can be a good idea. What are they thinking? Buff Knuckles? Amy in a mini skirt? Sonic with a jacket? People were guessing here and there what the characters would look like given we had only silhouettes. And I myself was scared It'd look like the Sonic fan film due to the realistic Green Hill Zone they were in. 

However, come 2014 and we get one of the biggest, surprising reveals yet. The character designs, a teaser for the cartoon series and the third Nintendo exclusive Sonic game, which is Sonic Boom. By the way, I totally called it. Even if I was being sarcastic. I remember fondly how the Internet exploded and the SSMB broke down on several occasions. laugh.png It was quite the day. Shortly afterwards I saw images of the new characters flooding my Facebook feed and people I knew who didn't give a crap about Sonic suddenly discussing Sonic Boom. It was just phenomenal how everyone knew about this in just hours and how most people were positive with the franchise.

Of course, all this made me really happy and excited. It seems like the blue blur is getting back on track and I'm excited to see where Sonic Boom will lead us. The unveiling will definitely be an event I shall remember for a very long time. 

Now as a runner up I'd like to say when Sonic was announced to have a cameo in Wreck-it-Ralph I nearly screamed. The idea of having Sonic on the big screen in a Disney movie was almost too good to be true. Yes, it was only one line but he was in the background of some scenes and he even had his own credits sequence. So of course that made me really happy. 

DAY 26 What Sonic-related news/spoilers/etc was it that really made you happy?

Hmm... a few things come to mind.

I remember being very exited about sonic heroes, I was wanting a new sonic game and the team dynamic looked interesting, I remember when I did get I was at my grandmothers and didn't have my PS2 with me, and I was dying to play it.

I couldn't wait to get Gems collection, I had never played CD, R, or THE FIGHTERS. I don't think I'd even heard of R and THE FIGHTERS, and I was really wanting to play CD.

As for the last one, one of trailers for The first Olympic Games really made me happy, it was cool seeing Mario and Sonic characters together, but what really made me happy was seeing Sonic's animal friends from Sonic 1. It made me feel all nostalgic inside.

EDIT: I forget to mention, glad you're feeling better Chrusher!

Day 26

Alright, when the last few games were announced I got excited like everyone else, but I can't say I got the same hype that I used to get for new Sonic games (Generations being the exception). The games had become were becoming rather safe. I grew sick of the PR crew saying that they wanted to "focus on just getting Sonic right this time". From Unleashed it felt like they were starting fresh and would make this new boost formula as good as it could be. Then Lost World was announced and I was in two minds. The new parkour gameplay sounded excellent but on the other hand, we'd just spent four years refining a formula that's now just been dumped. People say they want Sonic Team to improve on the Lost World formula next time and while I agree I struggle to see the point if we're potentially going to ditch it in a few years. 

Then this showed up:

This was an is the most excited I've been for a Sonic game since Unleashed. It's taking chances,it's bringing back many elements people have wanted for years and it has the potential to do wonders for the brand if it is successful. I'm still airing some caution until we see some proper gameplay footage but as of right now it's certainly looking promising.

This looked awesome to me. A new gameplay style that didn't feel like one big hallway? Non-Eggman villains who DON'T suck (for me at least)? This looks great!

Also:

This was finally a thing. Two of my favourite video game series coming together at long last. I've yet to actually read it (because as a Brit I can only really read Mega Man comics via graphic novel collections, which come out approx. one year after the stories are first published), but it seems like they did a good job.

• Thumbs Up 1

WELCOME TO THE REALM OF LIVING, Dr. Crusher.

Day 26: Sonic-Related News That Made Me Super-Duper Happy

1) A New Challenger Appears!

ebx3M5z.jpg

"Sonic's the name, speed is my game!"

Sonic The Hedgehog? In my Super Smash Bros? Did I just die and went to dork heaven? Sure, the existence of the then-newborn Mario & Sonic

series was a big, huge hint at Sonic being in the game but...coming back from High School, going to the Smash Dojo and seeing...THIS was a wonderful gaming experience. In the trailer they even went with the awesomeness that is Live and Learn!

Knowing that Sonic was going to be in Smash 4 wasn't as good, actually. Sure, for me there was the fact that of all places in Sonic history they went with a level from Lost World and used "Sonic Heroes" but...you can't win them all, right?

2) "Life is way too short to take it slow!"

TKIP9mH.jpg

"Game Over!"

It's no secret that I'm a huge Disney nut. So, when I knew that there was going to be a video-game focused movie...I thought that Disney was going to have Expies of other famous characters in its flick. I mean, Ralph is an Expy of Donkey Kong and Felix of Mario, right?

And THEN, like a thunder...BOOM, Sonic & Eggman, along with Bowser, Zangief, and...even Kano in a Disney movie. Loved it, loved it, loved it.

3) "Two Evil Scientists"

H7ifktG.png

I'm a Sonic fan, but I'm also a Classic Megaman fan. Ian Flynn did a great job using elements from each series mythos to his advantage. Sure, there is that thing about roboticization that I never liked, but that concept aside, this cross-over was great with a capital G. And that bromance between Ivo and Albert...swoon.

Of course, when the news arrived, nobody knew how it would turn out. But I was hyped.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 26: Most exciting Sonic news?

Sonic_Boom_-_Characters.jpg

The announcement of Sonic Boom.

I think this is news that a lot of people don't get the scale of. People have been hung up on the redesigns (though, we're thankfully past that now) so much that they lost sight of what is happening. If you think about it, this answers previous criticisms that Sonic Team and SEGA have been playing it safe for years. It's fresh, unique and it has a chance to do well.

Here's how I see it:

-Parallel Universe (i.e. blank slate) which has a focus on more characters than Sonic.

-Sonic game developed for western audiences. Finally, no language barrier for direct feedback with the devs.

-Multiple playable characters.

-Sonic's getting a TV show. The last time this happened was the early 2000s! Sonic getting more mainstream exposure, and a show which allows us to get more character interactions? Yes please.

When the announcement came in and we got those pieces of information, I'd be crazy to not get excited. Without jinxing it, I think Boom could be a turning point for the series; it'll either let ST know we like this stuff or prove that they're better off doing their own thing. So yeah, I squeed when I saw it. Squeed to the max.

• Thumbs Up 2

Glad you're feeling better Crusher! :)

Day 26: Sonic-Related News That Made Me Super-Duper Happy

1) I'm sorry I couldn't find a better video of this, but for me I was actually super super hyped for the early reveals for Sonic 06. No, really!

The early stuff looked much more impressive than the eventual product. I remember seeing the day-to-night lighting cycle and being really hopeful with what I saw. I remember being impressed with some of the earlier screenshots too; it looked like you could run around freely smashing into robots and stuff (although yes, even at this point they were the bland Star Wars-esque bots we eventually see in the game itself). It's kind of a shame the game itself was so terrible... and I'll leave it at that! :D

2) Classic Sonic in Generations

All kinds of squee and squee-like noises were emitted when I saw the Generations trailer! :3 It was so awesome to see the pudgy little guy in glorious smooth 3D models. I remember taking a screenshot of the end of the trailer where Classic Sonic is doing his "end of level" pose so I could use it as my laptop's wallpaper(!) :D

Good news? I'll have to second the announcement of Classic and Modern Eggman playing the role of the main antagonists in Sonic Generations. Call me cliche, but it wouldn't have been right if, in a game dedicated entirely to the history of the Sonic franchise, Robotnik wasn't the man behind everything. He's the prime villain of the games, and it makes sense for him to take the spotlight here.

EggmenSmall.png

Having the two together is what really seals this for me, because it similarly wouldn't have felt right if one Eggman came on top of the other. They're working together, just like the Sonics did, to achieve their plan as one person... which they are, actually. It's not only appropriate for the two Ivos to be behind the whole scheme, it's also plain fun to have two Eggmen running around.

This was essentially the announcement of my dream game, popping up during the time that I was learning to drive and concentrating on university work. As such I knew nothing about any of the rumours that pointed towards this, learning about it first hand on IGN (I think). I'd wanted to see revamped, 3D/HD versions of levels like Green Hill and Chemical Plant for a long time and was extremely excited to see them brought to life with the boost gameplay. Even if Unleashed and Colours showed that there was still hope for the 'hog, it was this game that really brought me back into the series and its fanbase. Classic Sonic was back in what I expected (ok hoped) would be a faithful recreation of his signature gameplay. It was like being a kid again. I'd often wonder to myself which levels would be picked, how many characters would show up and just how awesome Green Hill was going to look...

... and I got my answer to the latter soon enough. It's likely that I won't ever be so excited for a Sonic game again and that's not due to disappointment or cynicism. This was a celebration of the first 20 years of the franchise that got me into gaming, the first 10 years of which came before I was even an adult. It's hard to imagine my hype for any game in the future exceeding or even reaching this. Games like All-Stars Racing Transformed and Pokemon X and Y that recapture my childhood come close, but not quite. I've peaked.

Day 26: Favorite Sonic Announcement

It all started when I was coming back from a miserable day in school back in 7th grade. I had just found out that I failed yet another Math Test and my social life wasn't that great either. Thus, I went on the Internet to cheer myself up. Specifically, I went to the Smash Bros website to see what update they had that day. Nothing, and I mean nothing could prepare me for this moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PgxEQuFp2c

When I got done watching that trailer all I could muster were these two words: HOLY SHIT!

Day 26: Favorite Sonic Announcement

To be honest, I'd have to say it's when this happened!

tumblr_mudaptKURH1qlj42ao1_500.png

No, I'm not talking about whenever Sega stopped being a console company. That was tragic to my 8 year old heart. I'm talking about when Sonic appeared on Gamecube and GBA.

Me, being a kid and all that was growing to love both Sega and Nintendo games, had often felt really conflicted when trying to get a console. I spent a good long time trying to decide if I wanted a Dreamcast or an N64 and I got the latter one since I had a Genesis. I didn't want to go without the new 3D Sonics that were blowing my mind when I saw footage of them, but I did want Pokemon games and stuff (which led me to learn to love Mario, Zelda, StarFox, Kirby, DK, Yoshi, F-Zero, Kart, Smash etc so it was worth it). Still sucked that I couldn't have those games and the new Sonic though.. and that was made twice the bummer when I heard all over the internet that Sega apparently 'kicked the bucket'...

But then everything changed a year later!

It was unbelievable. After wanting the best of both worlds and seeing kids (..including me) argue on the playground if Sonic or Mario was better, Sonic was suddenly on Nintendo consoles: Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Sonic Mega Collection, and Sonic Advance were ready for me, and it probably kicked off my super-fandom for Sonic, which was later doubly amplified by Sonic Adventure 1 also getting a (pretty bad) port and subsequent releases.

I'll always remember the first days I played SA2B, Advance and Mega Collection. Those were golden moments..

• Thumbs Up 4

Welcome back Crusher, glad you're better.

Favorite bit of Sonic news:

20130402133511!Challenger_Approaching_So

This is the hypest I've ever been about anything ever. FINALLY after endless speculation and hoaxes, Sonic is officially revealed for Smash. I knew he'd become my main immediately (because, you know, I'm biased), and he did, although he's not the easiest character to get used to, and he doesn't have many hard hitting moves, unless you have a smash ball... but I digress. Smash was already my favorite nintendo franchise at the time, and now my favorite video game character of all time would be participating. And let's not forget his badass appearance at the end of the Subspace Emissary.

Doctor it's good to see that you are better. XD Welcome back~! 

So Day 26, my best Sonic hype huh?

Well I'll have to go with Generations. As I've said repeated in this topic, and I'm sure you guys are tired of me saying it xD;;; I got back into Sonic thanks to Sonic Colors. It was right about ah two or three months, I really can't remember when, after I played it that I showed up in the TVTropes forum right around the time the Generations trailer came out. 

I was all hyped for it, not so much for Classic Sonic, but for the fact that I could immediately play another good Sonic game. And make my love for him even deeper. XD Yeah~~.

The reveal of Generations was my favorite bit of Sonic news. For me, finding out that the game would continue to use and refine the Boost formula had me excited. And just watching everyone get hyped at Classic Sonic appearing made for fun times. The hype train was in full force and it was great.