Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

Bka1VaF.png

I don't care that Tails has had three games. Only one of them was good anyway!

And don't make it a weird game like put him in a mech or a plane or whatever, it needs to be an on-foot platformer. Make it Sonic-styled or Metroidvania, I don't care just as long as he flies and uses gadgets. Basically I want a sequel to Tails Adventure, but combine it with more elements from the core Sonic series so it doesn't feel as far removed from it.

Robotnik can use one too. Somehow I'm thinking that a game for him would work great as an RTS... or just lift Creature Capture verbatim. Oh and Knuckles. I really like the idea of him hunting for treasure, but the Adventure games didn't incorporate it well enough to justify an entire game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 28: Who should get a spinoff?

Blaze and Shadow.

BlazeDecal.pngShadow_rivals.png

I really think that Shadow could have his own sort of side series, perhaps on the 3DS, that takes place in the Sol dimension. This means that characters like Blaze, Silver and Marine could get more time in the spotlight and further developed as characters. Basically, the first issue of Sonic Universe but Shadow doesn't get back home. I think that it could actually be considered a spinoff series, just like Shadow the Hedgehog wasn't.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't say I'm too jazzed for the idea of any character getting a spinoff in the series' current climate. It's just too risky, with Sonic's own reputation still fairly dulled and there being a lot of lingering hate for the rest of the series' cast.

Putting that aside, though, I think my first choice would be Blaze. Blaze, I think, is the only character that would have a shot at truly spinning off, creating a series of her own the way DK, Yoshi, and Wario have from the Mario series.

Even though Sonic's world is still pretty pliable, there have been too many world-spanning events to feel like anyone else could carve out their own niche, at least not while doing the high-action, high-drama superhero antics that most of the cast has been built for. But while Sonic's world is too crowded, Blaze's world is practically uncharted territory. There could be any number of new villains, allies, mystical whatsits, fascinating locations, etc etc, that wouldn't have to worry about bumping up against things from Sonic's world, or with trying to fit in exactly with the tone and style of Sonic's world. It's a not-quite-blank canvas, with enough familiarity to guide it, while still being open to all new directions.

Plus Blaze and Marine are some of the best characters the series has created in (relatively) recent years, so it'd be cool to see more of them.

• Thumbs Up 6

Hmm, very good question.

Well, I think Tails could stand to have his own spin-

Oh wait, he's already gotten two.

Eh, there's no law that states he can't have another, right? Something akin to Tails Adventure I could go for, if not a bit faster-paced. The whole 'gadget' element really fit with his character. And perhaps if there was something like that, with some customization...

Mmm, think of the possibilities~

• Thumbs Up 1

DAY 28 Which character(s) would you like to see a spinoff for?

This is an easy one for me, I've thought about this many times and was just thinking about this last night.

Amy and Cream

imagejpg1-11.jpg

I think these two would be perfect for a spinoff game, and I'm not just saying that because they're two of my favorite characters (okay maybe I am), bit still I think it would work.

THE GAMEPLAY

I picture The gameplay to be similar to Amy's gameplay in adventure, but faster, with more puzzles. The levels would take advantage of Amy's hammer and strength and Cream's flying and Cheese.

I can't decide weather to have the characters solo, together but with one character as an assist, or switchable like heroes. If it was like heroes, the levels would never require you to switch, it would simply just give you alternate routes.

I would have hub worlds for each zone too, similar to adventure or unleashed, both were good.

There would also be chao gardens, I'd put them in the hubs like adventure. I don't know what I'd do about dark and hero chaos, but maybe have their alignment chosen through fruits.

THE STORY

I haven't quite thought of a good story but it will probably have something to do with the chao. I'd have birdie and its family in it too. Eggman would probably be the villain although for some reason I think it would be neat to have Wendy Witchcart as the villain again. I'd avoid having Sonic captured, I'd like having Amy not worrying about Sonic or him being the reason for her adventure. Of course it would explore Amy and Cream's friendship.

Question #28: Which character(s) would you like to see a spinoff for?

Blaze the Cat no doubt. She's one of my favorite Sonic characters by far in the series, and for the two games she had a huge role in (screw 2006...then again her role in that game wasn't much anyway) I always been wondering about how exactly her world functions as her role as Princess and guardian of the Jeweled Scepter. I wonder if she has her own antagonists in her world, what exotic landscapes other than the Southern Islands inhabit there?

There's just SO much I want to see from her world. Essentially her gameplay would be akin to her gameplay in Rush, but develops on her pyrokinesis. There could be a small number of flame-based puzzles and level design that relies on it, as well as her speed. She has a grace that Sonic doesn't have, and the level design can also contribute to it.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH BLAZE IS JUST AN AWESOME CHARACTER WHO'S WORLD CAN BE ELABORATED ON AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

• Thumbs Up 3

Day 28 - Which Character(s) would you like to see getting a Spin off?:

I would love to see both Silver the Hedgehog and Blaze the Cat have a spin-off game. It seems that SEGA/Sonic Team really loves to constantly have these two traveling together. Which is why I think they should have a spin-off game where they're fighting some bad guys in the alternate dimension where Silver is helping Blaze get the Sol Emeralds back and stop the bad guys from ruining Sol Dimension and its future. During the journey; Blaze & Silver's friendship grows brighter, respect each others strength and power and in the end make a great dynamic duo. 

Honorable mention would be the Chaotix to get a spin-off game.

I'd love to see Blaze get her own game up and going

it might be the closest I ever get to a Sonic Rush 3

inb4 some says Colors DS

But I think Tails carries the most potential to pull off a spinoff. Not only is he still more than capable of pulling off the speedy platformer schtick, but his inteligence and nack for gadgets/machinery opens up whole new avenues for a potential game to explore. I'd love to dash through a stage, run headlong into a pack of eggpawns and let Tails hack one of them to do his bidding. Or better yet, pull a Bently, put himself into cyber space, and bring the fight to Eggman on a scope in which Sonic can not.

Lots of stuff you can focus on to make it different enough to be its own thing, but still appealing to fans of the original series.

• Thumbs Up 1

Basically every game character that got an Arc in Sonic Universe.

Amy, Cream, and Cheese

GBA--Sonic%20Advance%203_Oct29%2013_43_0

It'd be nice to see the girls go out on an adventure together. I'm surprised that neither one of them appeared in Sonic Rivals 2 considering the plot was about saving the Chao.

Team Dark

320px-Team_Dark.JPG

We've only seen Team Dark work as G.U.N. soldiers in 1 game. Maybe they could do game where Shadow, Rouge, and Omega go on missions and show off GUN works in the current world. Shadow can go on speed based missions, Rouge can inflitrate enemy hideouts, and Omega can blow shit up.

Team Chaotix Detective Agency

chaotix.jpg

A detective style game similar to Phoenix Wright or Professor Layton, but starting the Chaotix. That would be sweet.

Team Babylon

_1_3.jpeg

The Extreme Gear Treasure Hunters. Where does Team Babylon go during the wait for the World Grand Prix? What treasures have they found during their time together as a team? Is there more secrets that their ancestors have hidden besides Babylon Garden and the Magic Carpet Extreme Gear?

Silver the Hedgehog

Silver02.png

You know, I'm really curious to see what Silver's world looks like when it's not a Bad Future. I'd also like to see how similar and different his fights with Eggman Nega are to Sonic and Dr. Eggman in his time period, now that it's confirmed that Eggman Nega is Dr. Eggman's descendent.

Blaze and Marine

149px-MarineBlaze.png

We've been to Blaze's world at least once but I'd to see some of its other mysteries. If Sonic's world has floating island, small orbiting planets, and 2 ancient creatures sleeping inside of the planet's core, I can only imagine what other surprise await in Blaze's world. Maybe we can watch Marine grow into a stronger and more mature character.

Tails

20131211223152!Tails_in_Sonic_Lost_World

Tails Adventure 2, anyone?

Knuckles

heroes_modelaction_knuckles.png

There's gotta be someway to get Knuckles on a Solo Adventure. Whether it involves the Master Emerald, the Nocturne, Tikal, or something new, I'd like to see Knuckles either leave the Floating Island for 1 reason or another.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 28: Sonic Characters That I Would Like to See a Spin-off Game of:

1SD0uDM.png?1

Tails comes to mind first and foremost. I know Sonic's sidekick and best friend has had several spin-offs of his own but that hasn't happened in quite a while. Tails has an amazing and wide range of abilities to design a game around. Such as:

9Rr6L4f.jpg?1

He can fly by means of his twin tails

aqS61bY.jpg?1

Building gadgets and things

wz5Qc7p.png?1

Swimming

lxZ5nK9.png?1

The kid being a pilot and flying airplanes! Very impressive for an 8-year-old! happy.png

These are just a few of the many skills and abilities that Tails has and putting just some of these to use could make a spin-off game starring him be a real fun and enjoyable treat in the ability to enhance gameplay via these various skills. I think Tails being in a spin-off game would provide a great opportunity for his character to develop quite a bit as well as overcoming some of his insecurities. The potential to create a great game starring Tails is huge.

Another character that comes to mind for me is Silver:

lQl9vrU.png?1

Silver unfortunately has had a target on his back since he arrived on the Sonic scene in 2006 with the terribad Sonic game that he debuted in. So it would be nice to see Silver featured in a game of his own where skills such as his strength, acrobatics and reflexes, qualities such as his kindness and his willingness to help others, and also his flaws such as Silver being naive and immature would all be portrayed in efforts to hopefully have Silver viewed in a more positive light. Having Silver working along Blaze like they did in Sonic '06 again would be cool too.

• Thumbs Up 6

Day 28: What Game Has Soma Been Hoping to Happen For The Past However Many Years?

CHAOTIX GAME THAT'S WHAT

These guys are so under-utilized it's sad. Not only are they the detectives you'd want on your side, not only is their theme song amazing and worthy of a reprise, but honestly they've got a lot of potential story and gameplay-wise while being distinct enough from Sonic's gameplay to be really interesting. I'm sure someone earlier covered it better and I'm way late on this so yeah

Also, a Blaze + Marine vs. Captain Whiskers side-game would be awesome, just saiyan

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 28: Good Game Ideas For Other Characters

I can't personally see it happening nowadays, but I can think of quite a few to make in a perfect world..

full_114693253.jpg

1 ) Team Chaotix Game

Personally I think they have amongst the best potential for a really funny spinoff game. Actually, I could see them making a pretty decent game that'd go as a cheap episodic thing on PSN, XBL or 3DS / U eShop. 

Imagine where you run around in Unleashed-esque hubs, talking to people and doing mundane things either for the heck of it or for story purposes. A mystery is afoot (who knows what it is; given the episode nature it could be anything!), and you must find the right people to talk to, puzzles to crack, clues to collect, and maybe a bit of enemy walloping and platforming along the way to make good pace.

Due to the game's idea of being a detective game where you're secluded into a small area trying to follow a trail of clues and whatnot, this could make for a not so grand scale map with great detail and not completed in a matter of minutes. The "mystery game" pacing would help turn what would normally be one small segment of a regular Sonic game turn into a story that can last a decent two to four hours if the game is cleverly constructed. Then they could release it in $15 pieces that come together in their four parts to make a full game that's connected via the scale of the game's mysteries developing to greater lengths!

.. I dunno, it sounded fun to me. :v

Knuckles_the_Echidna.jpg

2 ) Get Knuckles His Own Proper Game Already

I kind of imagine Knuckles would be really good for a "Great Cave Offensive" kind of game, but on a bit of a larger scale. I'm thinking like full on 2D Sonic-ized Metroidvania kind of game. Knuckles would traverse these gigantic and almost seamless maps (still containing slopes, ramps and loops, mind) with his SA-era radar, and be able to drill through most walls, floors and ceilings much like the Drill Wisp. Have him otherwise control like a beat-em-up version of his Sonic Advance moveset and general controls, and you practically have the gameplay down pat.

As for the story, let's say something comes up where things are going down on Angel Island, and it requires collecting pieces of lost artifacts that will help guide him on where to go next, and possibly find the Chaos Emeralds along the way as the story continues to snowball into something bigger. Something plain like that. Just as long as this means we get to give him the satchel and cowboy hat he had in the OVA (and maybe his shades from SA2), then I think we're good and ready to go.

SonicX13.jpg

3 ) Cream and Cheese RPG

Yeah you're probably giving me the same face Cream has. But hear me out.. it's one of my most elaborate ideas.

Let's say Cheese one day gets lonely and sad, realizing he doesn't get to ever see any other Chao in his little life. Cream and Vanilla are both affected by their sad little friend, until they hear about their good friend Professor Pickle going on a world trip to research lost Chao gardens hidden around the planet! And lucky them, you'd think he'd want to go alone but since he needs someone to cook for him and help him research, he invites Cream, Cheese and Vanilla along! So you pack up your archaeology hat and bags and you head out to find the world's most well hidden Chao sanctuaries!

The game is played featuring Cream and Cheese, with Cream obviously being the lead character. Cream, contrary to most main protagonists in RPGs, is actually the healer and best in "magic" maneuvers, while Cheese is your head offensive character. You travel the world like a more segmented variation of (you guessed it, straight from the Azoo) EarthBound. In each area, you'll start off at Professor Pickle's safari bus, where Vanilla either will cook something for you (revitalizing health/magic), and Professor Pickle will ask you about your data log and what you've recorded for the day (thus meaning that's where you save the game).

But what is all this about health and attacks and whatever? Who'd possibly be fighting Cream and Cheese? Why, badniks of course! Badniks are always running loose everywhere, and sometimes defeating one gives the prize of Chaos Drives! Chaos Drives are items that up your stats (be it Speed, IQ, Power, Luck, etc placeholders) by 1, making it where you must wisely decide what Chaos Drives should go to who.

As the game progresses, you start to see a more sinister plot unravel.. and soon start to understand the beginning of a new tyrannical plan from Dr. Eggman.. this time, he's abusing Chaos Drive energy and overdriving Chao with power, turning them all into Artificial Chaos drones for his new empire! You eventually get two more original Chao characters on your team (and maybe a few surprise characters) and you progress onward to save not only the Chao and their gardens from destruction, but the entire world. Who knew some kids like Cream and Cheese could be the heroes for a change?

/////

Okay, that's enough for now. LOL It's late and I got a test to take. But yeah, those are some ideas. See ya!

28/30

• Thumbs Up 3

Despite the current direction of the series and the screw up of Shadow's game, I think the series is flexible enough to accomodate a character-centric spin-off. That's not to say I would be fond of one right now, or for that specific character to take top billing as we can still work around the spin-off by having Sonic and other characters be majors connected to it while we tell the story more catered to whoever. But if you had to absolutely threaten me to pick, I'd choose either Shadow or Blaze.

I pick Shadow for the sole purpose of completely retconning the nonsense that was brought into his own game before. I was once in favor of completely deleting ShTH from existance, and to an extent I still am in favor of it. But over time, I've brainstormed a second option of having a do over and fixing the mess. Once again, it's the execution of the concept, not the concept itself; we can certainly keep Black Arms, but in name only. No aliens that Gerald got their blood from, no alien invasion, none of that. And let's limit or completely do away with having guns, shall we? Let's just restrict ourselves with just these three abilities: Chaos Control, Chaos Blast, and Chaos Spear and expand on them that way. A few ideas I had in mind were to make variations of these abilities, with Shadow being capable of molding Chaos Blast into an explosive beam form instead of giving him a brand new "Chaos Beam" attack, or  molding Chaos Spear into a Chaos Artillery that shoots several Spears at once into the air onto a strike point. Hell, we can even have him mold Chaos Spear into a smaller spear he can shoot from his finger tip that can fly long distances and call it Chaos Sniper. And then finally, we can have Chaos Control be molded into a Chaos Rift that allows him to open rifts.

And for every power, there should be a drawback to them. First thing is energy, where the more powerful his ability, the bigger the energy cost until he can't use it for a certain period of time. Then there's the use of his more dangerous abilities harming him, such as Chaos Rift where if not used properly can banish him into his own rift for a certain period of time until he gains enough energy to cancel it. You know that whole Chaos Burst ability he had in Battle where it's said he "hides in space time?" Something like that except it's done completely on accident and Shadow is put into an inverted world where any harm done to him there is doubled as a side-effect until he gets enough energy to cancel it. This was inspired by Cyberspace in Megaman Zero.

And on top of that, have his abilities risk being absorbed by certain enemies that can utilize Chaos Energy, or even better send Shadow's powers right back at him if he uses them carelessly - like have a boss (or even a mook) catch and return Shadow's Chaos Spear or Chaos Blast back at Shadow's face! It prevents Shadow from being too powerful by making his own abilities his own drawback, giving him a major weakness. Well there's that, and I tend to have a thing for characters that are Glass Cannons, as their vulnerabilities force them to improvise with new strategies to make up for it. There's always something more interesting with a character that has flaws to work around instead of a character with no flaws that can just brute force their way through everything no problem. And we should also have a counter for Chaos Control so that Shadow can't always teleport spam everything, and that should all these drawbacks be combined against him, he ends up no more powerful than Sonic and is forced to rely solely on his speed - this would allow greater contrast with Sonic and Shadow by bringing their personalities into play over how they would solve a problem, with Sonic forced to be more careful when everything is forced against him while Shadow is forced to let his more ruthless persona take over to get him out in a pinch.

And as far as the whole retcon of ShTH goes for Black Arms? Well, I've made a bit of with the details on it that came to me as I was playing Megaman Zero 3 at the time. We can keep the name "Black Arms" but make them a GUN splinter group with their technology instead of aliens, change their leader to the Black Arms Commander, and such and such. It's far less out of nowhere for Shadow's back story than their original take.

Now for Blaze? Well Blaze has the benefit of having a whole world to herself, and that's nearly a blank state compared to Sonic's world, which gives us a fresh new setting to put some diversity and contrast to it. I've always saw the Jeweled Scepter to be Blaze's equivalent to the Master Emerald in the same sense that the Sol Emeralds are to her what the Chaos Emeralds are in Sonic's world. But beyond that, it's a whole new playground to have fun in.

And that's just her world. Next comes her abilities. We have a fire-bending, purple feline of a princess here. Imagine all the things you can do with pyrokinesis: you can use it to fly or simply gain more altitude, shoot fire blasts or fire beams from the palms of her hands, shroud herself in a field of fire, walk on fire and lava (she's a living flame shield people!), hell even mold it into all sorts of shapes - fire ghost anyone? How about a flame dragon? Fire tornado? Hell, here's something I pulled out of my ass: why not let her make platforms out of fire for her to walk on?

Runner ups would be Silver, Espio, and Rouge. Silver because of his telekinesis and we could use him to explore the future, and Espio and Rouge to make a stealth game because I'm an enthusiast of hard as hell (but still playable) stealth games. And Knuckles, mostly to use the Nocturnus again, but otherwise, I enjoy challenges.

Day 28: Which character should have a spin-off.

Well, Tails was already covered in the sweet Tails Adventure, so no worries about him.

Now, the 2 guys I'd love to see  as main characters in a game? It's easy peasy.

1) Dr. Eggman

We always see the good doctor losing and having his plains ruined by the blue hedgehog...but what if he won, even just for one game? And I'm not talking about that Chronicles non-sense, where every character bar Eggman decided that it was Moronday. With Cosmic Wall and Weapons Bed being some of my favourite levels in the series, Ivo could just use his Egg Walker again and I would be a happy duckling. I loved blowing GUN's robots in Shadow The Hedgehog, and I would do it again. The plot could be something like a b-movie sci-fi movie; maybe an evil Sonic from another dimension wants to take over the world, Eggman goes "Nuh-uh, it's me who'll conquer  Earth" and decides that a dead evil Sonic is as good as a dead main Sonic, going ballistic....eh, if you really need to, ok, add Orbot and Cubot, maybe as supporting characters talking over a codec or something.

....I'm not making any sense, am I? tl;dr I'd like an Eggman spin off.

2) Knuckles The Echidna

Yeah, the guy already had Knuckles' Chaotix, but I'd love to see a game starring HIM and only HIM. Have the game take place in Angel Island, maybe during an Eggman attack where Sonic is still in the Round Table world and Tails...is doing whatever Tails does nowadays.

I mean, Angel Island is an entire continent in the sky, surely an inspiration for lots of good level ideas, right? Add Tikal and Chaos as supporting characters, along with some fashinating misteries about the island, and we're good to go.

The gameplay could just be something like his hunting stages in the Adventure games mixed with some elements of the Werehog in Unleashed. Maybe Knuckles could have a level-up system that would unlock new and powerful moves, like the Thunder Arrow from SA2?

I want Blaze World Adventure. Basically, a game like Sonic Unleashed that explores Blaze's world. The different continents would be twisted versions of the continents from our world. Just no Werecat or anything. I'm guessing the gameplay would be similar to Unleashed's Day Stages but with some Platinum Games-style combat mixed in. The villain could be Eggman Nega but I might prefer something new.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd like to see a Tails Adventure 2.

The first game is a bit of a lost gem. Even with access to it through Sonic Gems Collection and Sonic Adventure DX, it seems a few people here haven't had the opportunity to play it, and that's a shame. It carves out a decent niche for Tails, using some of his unique abilities and traits and putting them in a new scenario.

A sequel could expand on that idea, but also change things up a little. There is some criticism of the slow pace of Tails Adventure, which I guess is fair enough. So, pick up the pace a little bit, but not too much. New gadgets, make flying more integral to the exploration aspect of the game, use the Tornado. I would also argue out of Sonic's "shitty friends", Tails is probably the one with most acceptance outside of the Sonic fanbase, even if that is almost purely because he got there first.

Like everyone else here has said...

232px-BlazeDecal.png419px-RushAdventure_Marine_pose.png

I'd kill for a spinoff with Blaze and Marine as the main characters. Again, it being set in a different dimension for Sonc pretty much allows you to go all out with whatever the fuck you want to put in and not have to worry about it "gelling" with everything else (e.g. hard to imagine Casino Night Zone being on the same Earth as the one in Unleashed, ain't it?). Like maybe there's a continent where everything is sentient geometric shapes or some shit. Again, it gives more opportunities for Marine to redeem herself in the eyes of many (maybe by making her super fun to play as? I dunno, give her a water laser like Rockman 4 Minus Infinity's Water Cutter or something) and allow world building. And like Crusher, I'd also like the Deadly Six to be Blaze's enemies, they're pretty much the only unique (read: non deriative - this means you, Metal, Whisker and Nega) Sonic villains who (probably) aren't killed off, in a book, MOTWs or not evil to begin with.

Speaking of...

640px-SONIC_LOST_WORLD_E3_FINAL_COLOURS_

I'd actually be interested in seeing the Six in a Scott Pilgrim vs. The World-like beat-em-up game. Maybe it'd have some sort of excuse plot like, say, Rayman Legends. Also, I imagine the soundtrack and cutscenes just being flat-out Ren and Stimpy bonkers, I dunno why. Maybe it's cause their character designs look like they could easily be animated in a Kricfalusian way. Also, they'd each have different playstyles (e.g. Zor is the Squishy Wizard, Zazz the Glass Cannon, Zomom the Mighty Glacier etc).

• Thumbs Up 5

I basically have zero important insight into this question. I like puzzle games, so it'd be a puzzle game. I like the Chaotix, so it'd be a Chaotix game. Whether it's like Layton in its puzzle usage or a more 'traditional' puzzle game where the gameplay is more disconnected from the plot (I'm thinking Puyo Puyo for that kind) doesn't really matter to me. It'd have a light, fun plot as well if it were up to me. 

...Yeah, there we go.

Day 28

Bit of a tricky one for me. As others have said a lot of the cast aren't being used in a particularly interesting way right now so it's tricky to say who should get one. I suppose I'll go with...

Silver The Hedgehog

I can see him doing well in a slower paced platformer built around his telekinetic powers. Have the level design be more open ended than the standard Sonic level to allow more creative use of his powers. Imagine a collectable up on a ledge you can't reach. Pick up pieces of debris and freeze them in mid-air to create a makeshift set of stairs for yourself. You could also merge some of Sonic's and Silver's powers to make a more useful moveset. Take that useless 2ft dash move Silver had in 06 and instead have it function as a light speed dash, if there's no chain to connect to then have it function like in 06 but go much further and make it an attack which damages enemies if you dash into them.

Day 28: Spinoffs

I'll be honest, I don't want any. The Spinoff games have never been heavy hitters really and it would piss me off at the reaction of the public to Sonic's friends game. If I was pushed I'd say Team Dark. I can imagine the team having pretty fun banter with our modern writers. That and you'd be a strike team for the government.

I'd have to go with Blaze or Knuckles for this one. We've seen very little of Blaze's world so far and I'd like to see how much it differs from Sonic's (the hope would be a lot, otherwise why visit the place). The game could use a world map like Unleashed's or a smaller area like SA2's, but it would be important to have sea or coastal levels so Captain Whisker can get involved (assuming that he's still knocking about). I didn't have a problem with Marine so it would be cool to see her again too.

Knuckles is a candidate thanks to the wide array of abilities at his disposal, such as gliding, climbing, digging, punching... I personally wouldn't want a heavy focus on combat, leaning more towards a level of open exploration that you don't find in the main series. He could be searching for artifacts or treasures that somehow give him information about his people. It wouldn't be difficult to develop a story out of.

Talk of world maps, pirates, sea and coastal areas, open exploration, treasure hunting... Maybe I should just play AC4 again. =p

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 28~! 8D Who needs a Spin-off game huh?

BLAZE BLAZE BLAZE BLAZE 

SHE LIKE SONIC BUT WITH FIRE

AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS~? 

ALTERNATE PATHS~~~~~~~! O/ 

*cough*

Ahem yes yes Sega should/could totally give Blaze her own spin-off. Fire is a pretty versatile ability to work with. You can burn open new paths, light things to active stuff so things will go boom, Blaze can float by pooling her fire at her feet, and with how fast she runs you can pretty much wreck anything in your way. She doesn't even have to boost~.

Umm well Sliver is in the same boat. Y'know his game play would be good too, if he played like he did in Generations, but with a limit on what he can do. And give him a height limit as well so you can't just fly over everything. Yeah~~~~.

Day 28:

I'd say Knuckles. Sure he has a spin-off, but I think they could do it again. Knuckles seems like the kind of guy who would go on an interesting individual adventure, and it'd be intriguing to see it happen, I think. With him having a cool personality, and being a bit too sure of himself, I think he's make a great protagonist on his own, getting into all kinds of predicaments. I'd like to see it extend the universe for him, take him places we don't know, people we don't know. Maybe explore the Echidnas more. I don't know, I think there potential for him.

And the Chaotix could make an interesting game, detective story, spy-like missions, something with Charmy... It'd sure be new to see them in action, on an adventure of their own like that.

Realistically, I'd say Tails or Blaze would be the best choices for a character-based spinoff, but I can't really say much about them that hasn't already been said by others. Instead, I'll talk about something less realistic: a game starring Knuckles and Fang. Maybe it's just me, but I think these guys would be awesome as a team, or even just friendly rivals. The gameplay could be like Sonic Rush, with the two characters having the same playstyle but with different moves to set them apart. In fact, why not have the Special Zone play a role in the plot instead of just being a mini-game to get Chaos Emeralds?

Of course, all of the above would require Sonic Team to actually give a damn about Fang after ignoring him for 18 years, so maybe I should just stick to wanting Tails and Blaze to each get their own series.

I'll have to go with what some people said here. The Chaotix. They only really had one game, which according to some, isn't that great, and appeared again in playable form in Heroes. I would like the Chaotix to have their own game, with a unique storyline and gameplay. The idea of detectives that never get paid could lead to a very funny plot, and a game with a nice sense of humour. On top of that, we'd get to see more of the Chaotix characters, which could lead us to learning a bit about their history or about their characters. I know Sonic games don't tend to do that, but it would be nice.