Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

Day29: Almost there, hang in buddy

Hmmm what character am I most like... would proably say Tails, I'm a relatively smart dude, who does enjoy adventure, but also enjoys tinkering with things and hanging out with a close bud when I can

29/30 complete, almost there

Before I do this question, can I ask whether Sonic 4: Episode 1 and 2 be counted as 1 game?

FINAL ZONE

FINAL QUESTION, IT'S ALL COME TO THIS

tumblr_mv5m3r4sPE1srbfrjo1_500.gif

I'M READY FOR ANYTHING, READY FOR

ZONE 30: COMBINING TWO SONIC STORIES

6raiQ8J.gif

BLARGH, I NEED TIME TO THINK ABOUT THIS

I'll be back

mark my words

• Thumbs Up 8

WOW JUST WOW! YOU DID IT CRUSHER! YOU FREAKING DID IT!

If I were to combine 2 stories,it would be Generations and Lost World since there has to be some closure amongst the 2 games.

Actually I would find it hilarious on how Generations pulled and 06 and retcons itself out of continuity, it can have that farewell scene but in White Space.

Eggman lands in the planet and notices the Lost Hex, after rebuilding his Eggmobile, put the Archie adaptation here. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Ooo-hoo-hoo! Finally, a question for us creative folks! Oh, this is gonna be FUN! smile.png

What'd I do is this; take Sonic Heroes, a game which heavily incorporated teamwork and formations into its story while being light hearted and thin on actual plot, and combine it with Sonic Riders, a game where the team thing is lightly used to define the two story focuses but individual classification is king, and the mythos elements of the plots actually go surprisingly deep for a spin-off racing game. The end result would a racing game with the teams used in the deep story, but with added teams from Heroes and a plot that's so thin and light that a spoon could cut it, complete with the weird betrayal of Metal Sonic at the end.

• Thumbs Up 4

I agree with what Crusher said for this one. I also think that the Sonic 4 episodes could combine quite well because they are part of a Larger game.

30/30 Days completed.

Well done to Dr.Crusher and everyone else for making such an enjoyable event. 

Before I do this question, can I ask whether Sonic 4: Episode 1 and 2 be counted as 1 game?

I think of it as one game, but if you have ideas that you would really like to share, then you can go ahead and seperate them as two games. :)

I'll be back

mark my words

I knew I would get you eventually.

• Thumbs Up 7

Must we limit ourselves to two? Can we add, say, the elements of a couple other stories?

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 30: What stories would you combine?

There would only be two that I would combine: Shadow and 06. Two of the biggest abominations rolled into one? It will be the most gloriously horrible fanfiction made official that the internet has ever witnessed. Guns, swearing, aliens, plot holes, beastiality, recolors, uncanny valley, glitches, slippery controls, loading screens, and primitive graphics all rolled into one steaming pile of dog shit. Yes please.

Alright, I'll try to answer this as best I can. If there's any two Sonic stories that really do a good job evoking the spirit and tone of each other, Sonic Adventure and Sonic Unleashed would probably be the best candidates for combing. Let me try and elaborate.

Well, you do have to admit that Unleashed does feel like an Adventure game at points. No, I'm not just talking about the hub worlds and Tornado plane fights, but mainly for Eggman harnessing the power of an ancient creature, featuring a guardian of sorts destined to play a role in stopping it, with a load of exposition dumps along the way. This would probably piss a ton of people off, but I would probably remove every playable character from the story entirely except for Sonic and Tails, with the possible exception of them making cameos in the continents Sonic and Tails visit along the way. Chip would serve Tikal's role, albeit still retaining his personality and fate at the end. Chaos and Dark Gaia are merged into a single character, but are basically interchangeable from one another. Basically, this monster started out as a sympathetic creature that Chip knew and was close with, before it became corrupted and he was destined to end up stopping it, giving a sort of motivation to it.

So, take Sonic Unleashed's basic plot in most of its entirety, with the Werehog transformation and becoming good friends with Chip and such, while combining Chaos+Dark Gaia, and have Tails pitted against Eggman and gaining his confidence while Sonic is busy with the monster threat. 

Best of both worlds for me honestly, the best of both plots are combined, while the superfluous yet admittedly enjoyable fluff is taken out. Add some cameos from Sonic characters travelling the world as I said earlier, and I'm sold.

• Thumbs Up 1

Must we limit ourselves to two? Can we add, say, the elements of a couple other stories?

Hey. Son.

When I say two.

I mean two.

That's how the question works, friendo.

• Thumbs Up 6

#30:

Well, isn't this an interesting question.  Good on ya doc! smile.png

Let's see, if I wanted to combined the stories of two games, hmm...; it can't be Sonic Adventures 1&2, Sonic Rush and Rush Adventure, or Rivals 1&2 can it?

Well I guess I'd combine Secret Rings and Black Knight.  Sonic gets back out of the book of Aladdin, Sonic says "Whew, that's was something but I hope I don't have to go through something like that again anytime soon", and then *pop* Merlina summons Sonic to medieval times right then.biggrin.png

Okay, I did all 29 previous questions, so this is the last one.

Day 30: Combine two Sonic stories?

I would attempt to bridge the stories of Sonic Rush and Rivals, making the latter's story less terrible and contradictory in the process. In Rivals, Eggman Nega was from the future for some reason, when everything we heard in Rivals heavily implied that he was the alternate dimension counterpart of regular Eggman, the same way Sonic and Blaze are parallel heroes with parallel emeralds. Even his design screams "bizzarro Eggman from the other dimension."

Rush_eggman_nega.png

Plus if he were Eggman's descendent, that would imply:

1. Eggman had children at some point, presumably a long line of evil scientists who outlive Sonic and friends.
  2. The obviously alternate-dimension "Nega" suffix to his moniker is completely out of the blue.
  3. Nega has no conceivable reason to be Blaze's nemesis in Rush when he's already Silver's nemesis in the future. 

I'd probably make it so that he escaped the Sonic Rush dimension (I.E, what should be his actual homeworld) and traveled to the future of Sonic's world. Then he decided to betray the real Eggman after fighting with him, or something cliche. It would create a reason for Nega to call Eggman his "block headed doppleganger" rather than something more appropriate, like, I dunno, great great great grandfather- which is closer to their actual relationship. 

So basically: Nega's born in Blaze's world, escapes after Sonic Rush Adventure to Sonic's world, then travels to the future where he meets Silver. It's simple and kinda stupid but it makes sense. 

Day 30: What Two Stores Would I Combine, and How Would They Work?

Alright, time for the big finale! 

640px-Final_Zone_in_the_Sonic_X_comic.jp

Let's DO IT TO IT!

I would combine the stories of Colors and Lost World, because I've come up with a little fanfic story of how Wisps ended up on the Lost Hex.

*Ahem*

Thousands of years ago, the Lost Hex was a complete planet, home to a power-hungry race of aliens called the Zeti. These monsters sought to conquer the entire universe, until the Wisps took it upon themselves to vanquish them. Unfortunately, a small chunk of the Hex survived their rainbow power Final Color Blaster, and the massive explosion of energy trapped the chunk, the last few Zeti, and a few dozen Wisps in a time-warp. 

Yes, this is legit science. Don't question my genius.

diplomasm4.png

Anyhoo, the poor Wisps were enslaved by the Zeti, who used their powers to keep themselves alive. Fast-forward to the present day, where the Deadly Six are the last of their kind, and have somehow brought their home to Sonic's world, only to have Eggman turn it into another attraction in his theme park! The Lost Hex could have been the final location of Colors, serving as a multi-themed zone, with each act having a unique theme, and Yacker could have shown up to beg Sonic and Tails to save his long-lost brethren as well as their animal friends!

It would have been nice to make Colors a bit longer, or even make Lost World a "Colors: Episode II", and we would at least have a more legitimate reason to carefully explore every inch of the Hex instead of just flying the Tornado to The D6's base! 

And with that...

FORTE METALLIX 

HAS CLEARED THE FINAL ZONE

Time Bonus: 00000000

Perfect Bonus: 99999999

Total Score: 99999999

super_sonic_ending_by_foxmaster55-d4lqfw

"Hey, I'll play with you some other time!"

• Thumbs Up 3

Let's see, if I wanted to combined the stories of two games, hmm...; it can't be Sonic Adventures 1&2, Sonic Rush and Rush Adventure, or Rivals 1&2 can it?

It can be if you want to go with one of those, although it would be appreciated if you thought of more than just "one happens after the other", thanks. smile.png

Day 30: Our stories combine to create CAPTAIN SONIC!

Jeez, what an ending! Didn't see this one coming. Anyway two games stories I'd roll into one? How about Sonic 3&K with Sonic Adventure? Think about it. Eggman goes to Angel Island to salvage his Death Egg, finds the Master Emerald, unleashes Chaos and Boom! Quite a different story on our hands. Knuckles would think Sonic did it so would be after him 24/7, you might see Chaos in Special Stages, fishing in 2D and much more. I think the two would make an awesome blend.

Farewell 30 days of Sonic, it's been swell. Thanks Dr Crusher, you've put so much effort into this, I think you deserve a special badge for this. But for now, rest easy heroes.

• Thumbs Up 3

...I think I'll say Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Lost World, for two reasons:

One: the sheer contrast between the two. On one hand, you're got your gritty, dark, "lookit me ahm so matur" story, with guns, cursing, the word "black" thrown around everywhere, and ridiculous over-the-top dialogue that tries way too hard to be serious.

On the other, you've got a mostly light-hearted adventure that involves Sonic and Tails chasing Eggman to a mysterious planet being guarded by six archetypical monsters, with some pretty funny writing and a few more serious moments.

Now imagine the events of SHtH, in all its "rrr so dark and edgy (was trying to avoid using that word but I had to throw in a synonym somewhere)" glory... taking place on the colorful and bouncy Lost Hex. The sheer dissonance alone is gold.

Two: To see how Lost World's writing style would compliment SHtH strive to be super srs and growed-up. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I wanna see SHtH written as a stealth parody. Imagine how Lost World Sonic would retort to Black Doom's generic villain speeches. Seeing how well he played off of the Deadly Six, I'd love to see him snark at Black Doom.

I would also love to see how the angsty, brooding Shadow would react to the bright and happy environments of the Lost Hex. Not only that, but just try to picture him wielding guns, shooting GUN soldiers, saying his minor swears as he gets hit or falls into a bottomless pit, and driving big black jeeps and motorcycles all while going through something like Tropical Coast, with the same bouncy jumping animations as Sonic. It'd be so out of place it'd be hilarious.

So yeah, my picks are Lost World and Shadow. Because it'd be glorious.

• Thumbs Up 2

Question #30: If you had to combine the stories of any TWO Sonic games, which stories would you combine, and can you think of how it would work?

...What.

Okay, so I would try to combine the stories of Sonic Unleashed with the story of Sonic Colors. The plot NOW is that Sonic and Tails are going around to different different theme parks that are built around Chaos Emerald Temples (like it's poltergeist or some shit) where they restore them so that they can restore the planet. Since it combined with Sonic Colors, Chip isn't there. Only Yakker, since we have enough tiny ancillary characters and we can focus on the Sonic and Tails bromance. The plot revolves around Eggman still reviving Dark Gaia, and I guess he's using the power of Wisps or something? Staying more true to Unleashed, the locales are still based on real world locations.

I never said it had to be well thought out.

phew

I think that's all of them.

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay, time to finish this off! The two game stories that I would combine would be...

fdvxph.jpg

Like a lot of peeps, I was a tad underwhelmed by Colors' story. There just wasn't much to it, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the cutscenes besides the Eggman ones just felt a bit...empty. Lost World I was a lot more satisfied with, as the interaction between Sonic and Eggman was hilarious and the Deadly Six gave some much-needed filling to the random cutscenes. So why not combine them both to make up for Colors' weaknesses? Some ideas I have are Lost Hex being the main world other than Planet Wisp that Eggy has enslaved, potentially creating a sort of predatory relationship between the Zeti and the Wisps, and possibly tying Tails' failed brainwashing cutscene to his distrust of Eggman and building on it as the game goes on. Keep in mind that it's been a while since I've played Colors and I'm not much of a story writer, so excuse me if I'm forgetting anything or not scratching the surface of this match-up's potential. XD

And thus ends the thread contributions for moi. This has been a really fun little exercise, Crusher, and I just loved answering a few questions in particular. (You should've seen my face after realizing that the Battle Lord was an option for the villain one. XD) Anyway, great thread and looking forward to seeing what awaits in the future.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am kinda already doing that with my Sonic fanfic Our True Colors. Combining Colors and bits of Lost World together.

Basically, the beginning is mostly the same, except there is a monster that attacks Sonic partway up the elevator, which causes him to have flashbacks to his time as a Werehog (not in a positive light). The monster is defeated, but will come back later This leaves him rather highstrung when they both find Yacker inside Tail's bag. Where he came from is unknown at the moment, but it will serve as a means of tension between Sonic and Tails. Once they get to Tropical Resort, it's in ruins and the boss is down for the time being. They find Eggman and get introduced to the Nega Wisps (not named yet).

Eggman guilt-trips Sonic into helping him deal with them lest he be known for causing another set of dark alienish creatures (Unleashed being the first) for nearly fucking the world over, with Eggman "helping" to boost his reputation after the fallout from Unleashed several years back (In this fanfic, the time gap is about several years). They take a trip to the Sweet Mountain, where they encounter Captain Jelly (Sonic gives him grief for his name), with Cubot as a pseudo-liason/spy for Eggman. Yacker around this point reappears (he was resting after he had powered the damaged elevator from earlier in Tails' bag), and Cubot is secretly given orders to find a way to capture Yacker without the heroes noticing.

Over the course of Sweet Mountain and Starlight Carnival, Sonic and Tails deal with the Nega Wisps, but at the same time due to a series of coincidences (and Cubot's meddling), they begin to fracture. It doesn't help that Yacker has a tendency to disappear and reappear at random and the translator in Tails' Miles Electric not functioning properly due to Eggman screwing it up from a distance (he's busy with something else atm), thus making Sonic think Yacker is secretly a spy for the Nega Wisps. This eventually leads to a rather nasty exchange of words between the two friends, and they go their separate ways, angry at each other.

However, this is exactly what Eggman wants, as he has managed to complete the formula for his Hyper Go On Mind Control Serum. Tails and Yacker are captured right as Tails manages to find the right translation for not only Yacker, but the Nega Wisps as well, revealing Eggman' treachery. The serum is used on Tails, which due to his mental stress is easily taken over, but Yacker barely escapes, also freeing some Nega Wisps. Back with Sonic, he figures out that Cubot is part of the problem (he didn't pay attention to him earlier because he thought Cubot was an idiot), but gets knocked out and captured by Captain Jelly. He is taken to Aquarium Park, where Eggman reveals his part in harming the Wisps, AND also reveals that the "broodmother" of the wisps earlier was the mother of all wisps, and that he had been experimenting on her to get the serum in the first place, and that now the mother wisp is back in his control. To make matters worse, the mind-controlled Tails is revealed soon after. Sonic gets a massive BSOD just as Admiral Jelly begins to flood the cell Sonic is held in to drown him (against Eggman's orders, since Eggman wants to deal the final blow himself, but Jelly is still pissed at Sonic for making fun of him earlier).

Yacker comes in at the last minute with a few of the remaining Nega Wisps and breaks Sonic out. Insert battle with Jelly. Yacker also managed to get the translator with him thanks to the other Nega Wisps. Sonic, in one of the few moments of vulnerability in his life, pours out his guilt and anger. His reason for acting the way he did throughout the adventure was because of a fallout with Knuckles and Amy years earlier, his being shunted aside by the world due to being seen as a has-been (especially after the events of Unleashed, which goes differently in a future adaptation I will write eventually), negative side-effects of the werehog, and his fear of losing the only friend he had left (everyone other than Tails, Knuckles, and Amy are more like acquaintances) made him regress to a more jerkish and slightly more controlling state. Sonic does manage to pull himself together, and with Yacker and Nega Wisps head towards Planet Wisp to gain more allies).

Sonic faces some immense difficulty convincing the wisps to help him, since he did help send their mother to their demise, but eventually gets them on his side after dealing with the upgraded Big Boy from Tropical Resort (damaged earlier, if you remember). They mass an attack on Asteroid Coaster, where Sonic and Yacker face against the mindcontrolled Tails, with Eggman in the background mocking them. During said chaotic battle, a damaged Jelly pops up in the Frigate Skullian, and with some fancy maneuvering Sonic manages to trick Jelly into attacking the giant canister of Hyper Go On Energy that's keeping Tails under Eggman's control, and also greatly damaging Asteroid Coaster in the process. Sonic, Tails and Yacker escape on a stolen Egg Shuttle (forgot to mention that was their method of transport earlier). They head back to Tropical Resort, where Sonic and Tails have some downtime and sorta reconcile, though their relationship would never be the same again.

Eggman has one last trick up his sleeve, and activates the cannon in Tropical Resort, firing at Earth below. Sonic tries to get Tails to safety using the Egg Shuttle (elevator too damaged), but Eggman pulls a cheapshot and destroys the shuttle, Tails seemingly dead. Sonic fights Eggman in an enraged state, but with the power of nearly all the wisp powers at Eggman's disposal, along with his revealed Mother Wisp/Nega Armor mech, Sonic is pushed to his limits. However, Tails is revealed to be alive, thanks to help of the now uncorrupted Wisps ; the explosion of Hyper Go On Energy at Asteroid Coaster restored them to full capacity. Sonic, Tails, and the restored wisps dish out a curbstomp battle against Eggman, resulting in the mech slamming into the cannon generator, causing black hole. Insert ending of Colors with outrunning black hole, only now the spirit of the Mother Wisp shows up to thank Sonic and Tails for freeing the Wisps, and forgiving him for his blunder (he didn't know at the time). Cue happy ending.

HOLY SHIT THAT WAS LONG. Also helpful though, since now I have an outline to help me with my writer's block biggrin.png!

• Thumbs Up 1

I would do Sonic Colors and Sonic Lost World.

How it work? Well replace save the animals with save the wisps. They go the galaxys go to save the whisps. but Sonics friends see that something is sucking the life from the planets. Sonic goes to see hats wrong. It turn out the whisps were catched by Dr Eggman using the Zeti to make into robots for his amusement parks. But like in Sonic Lost World it fail and Sonic and Eggman have to team up to save the wisps and the amusment park.

(im sorry. im not well so my answer is weak)

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 30: DAWN OF THE FINAL DAY

Alright, this is it. It's been a blast, it's been a boom, it's been an explosion, and it almost certainly has been a bam. Thanks to all you fine folks for sending in cool questions to read through, thanks to Crusher for bombarding my life with stress giving out such tough questions, and thanks to Soma for being me. Enough formalities, though. This is it. Time to GET A LOAD OF THIS:

SHADOW THE GAMEHOG

MEETS

SONIC SCHOOLHOUSE

rdIsTE2.gif

(Pictured: Your brain RIGHT NOW)

It's so amazing I may just have to write words to explain to you how great of an idea this is to those of you with only one working brain. We all know education is a problem, right? Nobody knows how to teach the keeds, teachers aren't nearly as inspiring/backed by an heartwarming orchestra as Hollywood says they are, and you actually have to learn stuff you might use later in life. No more, I say. Why have a human-ape creature teach you when you can have the coolest, edgiest, waste-highenest teacher there ever was? Notice that I am not going to post an answer to that question, because any answer that does not equate to "I will sell my first-born to SEGA in order to afford this magnum opus" is a sign of certifiable insanity and will be taken as consent for Soma to shoot you in the face.

Imagine, if you even can, the classroom environment in Shadow Schoolhouse. Shadow knows how to teach the keeds because he has a giant friggin gun, and anyone who misspells "Mississippi" or stumbles over themselves reciting the pledge of allegiance gets 40oz of hot plasma right in their esophagus followed by a patented Shadow one-liner. Shadow doesn't need a heart-warming orchestra because, as exhibited in every Sonic game to present, a team of Japanese composers and musicians devote their lives to stalking Sonic-shaped characters and providing appropriate music at all times; imagine memorizing Article V of the Constitution to the rhythmic, Grammy-winning beat of "A Ghost Pumpkin's Soup" and you'll begin to understand just what a breakthrough this is. And finally, stuff you'll use later in life? Not a worry anymore. Shadow Schoolhouse replaces those niche subjects like Math and English  with the perfect skills for dropouts everywhere, with hit courses like "Swearing Inappropriately 10Damn1" and "Introduction to Applying Eyeliner Incorrectly Without Making Yourself Scream In an Uncool Manner From the Sheer Pain." 

Gone are the days of morons like Socrates and Shakespeare. Now is the time of Paramore and Rihanna. It's time to either move on with the times or be left in the dust, and what better hedgehog to bring learning into the 211/10th century than everybody's favorite DeviantArt template?

And remember, "It's Like Taking Classes From a Baby, Which Is Fine By Me!™"

--------------

Thanks again, everybody! Th-th-that's all, folks!

• Thumbs Up 8

Only one combination stuck out as interesting to me:

rtSXYgl.png

I think a crossover between these two games would be too much awesome for a single game to handle. Combine the threat of the Death Egg with the enslavement of the Little Planet, have the speed-based Metal Sonic and bulky strong Silver Sonic mkII join forces against you, throw time traveling into the mix, and I think Sonic and co. would be in for one hell of a ride. Due to both games involving spherical moon-sized locations, perhaps Robotnik could transform the Little Planet itself into the Death Egg, utilizing both mechanical and natural resources to power his doomsday space station. Plus, not being satisfied by having to only collect the Chaos Emeralds for world domination, he can also pursue the Time Stones in another attempt to alter the past and ensure control over the Little Planet, Angel Island, and all of Mobius.

Although this question applies solely to combining stories, it would also be nice to see gameplay elements from both games cross over. I'd love to see the surreal art style of CD applied to 3K's levels, while incorporating the superior physics and level design of the latter into the former. But I think story-wise, a combination of Sonic CD and 3 would still be incredible because both games have slightly more to them than simply "Robotnik is causing trouble and Sonic has to stop him." Both games involve exploring new locations high above the earth, and if they could work out something between them, I'm sure it'd be an intense experience.

• Thumbs Up 8