Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

At last, the final day. This question has me a bit stumped to be honest. Its pretty tough but its very clever at the same time.

I would combine Lost World and Adventure 2.

A team of new threats emerges, and like always Eggman tries to use their power to his advantage. But it backfires horribly and they manage to take control of all of Eggman's stuff! Like Adventure 2, everyone is involved. Not only Sonic, but Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Eggman have to team up and work together to take out Deadly Six. It has much less standing around than Lost World, and theres more action involved with the story. I love the idea of Eggman going against his own fleet and I like to think about what kind of interactions Eggman, Orbot and Cubot would have with Knuckles and Amy.

Thanks Crusher. This 30 days thing was really enjoyable :)

Question #30: If you had to combine the stories of any TWO Sonic games, which stories would you combine, and can you think of how it would work?

This was the easiest question to answer on the surface: Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Adventure, mainly because they're compatible as similar games and the former was sorely needing the cast members and agency of the latter. However, combining each other's actual plot devices as the question asks was the more challenging part- but fun nonetheless- so I hope I came up with something that kept the integrity of each story and made something interesting:

ACT 1:

Unleashed's opening occurs normally, but instead of Eggman opening a chute an entire section of the ship breaks off in a more concerted effort to kill Sonic. The ensuing vacuous explosion scatters the Emeralds across the entire world, although Sonic still falls to Apotos and meets Chip, vowing to help restore his memory. Angel Island, effectively without a power source, falls off the coast of Mazuri; Knuckles, having sensed this and being somewhat knowledgeable of the Gaia events, heads off. Froggy in Adabat swallows an Emerald without the physical effects- but the spunky frog still runs away- while Birdie in Spagonia finds both an Emerald and comfort in Amy's resolve to keep him away from ZERO and Dark Gaia.  

Tails is soon saved by Sonic and insists the monsters were specifically after him. Regardless, all three fly to Spagonia where Pickle still rests due to Eggman having done his own research. They collectively deduce that due to Dark Gaia's weakened state, Eggman likely retains full control over it and its resultant demons, using them as nightly guards of the Emeralds and assassins of the main heroes while Badniks perform the same function during the day. The aim is to keep everyone at bay at all times to prevent temple restoration, at least long enough for Dark Gaia to grow into Eggmanland's guard dog. Sonic, Tails, and Chip thus set out to wrestle the Emeralds away from Eggman's worldwide grip and restore the temples before Dark Gaia strengthens and proceeds to end the world. 

ACT 2:

The trio stop in Mazuri where the Werehog and Knuckles clash over mistaken identity, causing the Emerald Knuckles retrieved to be easily stolen by monsters. When Sonic turns on them, Knuckles realizes his error and assists in regaining the Emerald. Eggman gets directly involved in the turning tide with his Egg Beetle but is defeated, making his way back to a base to enact the E-100 series for further assistance. After restoration, Knuckles elects to split up to Chun-Nan to cover more ground while the others head back to Spagonia. Amy meets Sonic but only recognizes him long after he saves her from a town-wide possession; Sonic rushes off in his lingering embarrassment, in turn causing ZERO to strike and jail Amy in Eggman's local base.

Meanwhile, Gamma has successfully deployed to Adabat and stolen Froggy but is followed by Big. After promotion, Gamma develops consciousness that is manipulated by Amy. Upon her subsequent escape, the trio arrives to stop Gamma who Amy vouches for. At this moment, Eggman unleashes the Egg Devil Ray but is defeated, prompting him to set up preparations in Adabat while allowing the strengthening Dark Gaia bosses reign elsewhere. Gamma strays towards his mission to defeat the E-100 series and Big retrieves Froggy. ZERO tails the heroes as best it can. 

Later, when the heroes realize Chun-Nan wasn't successfully restored, they arrive and learn Knuckles wasn't able to enact the event, being further kept at bay by the Dark Gaia Phoenix. The restoration clues them into Chip's necessity, although lacking information continues to shroud the extent of his role. After this, Knuckles elects to accompany the group and the Holoska temple is restored. They return with news and Pickle follows them to Shamar for further assistance, who Sonic insists Amy stay with as a result of heightening Gaia attacks outside. An inability to open Shamar's temple areas at all prompts exploration in Empire City. ZERO takes this opportunity and, backed into a corner, Amy is charged with destroying him. Birdie then reveals the Emerald in his locket.

Empire City's lack of a temple and related trails allows Chip the time to express guilt over the contradiction of his supposed role and his inability to physically help in most conflicts up to this point. Sonic attempts to assuage him by citing both his necessity and how fun a travel companion he's been- as well as sharing similar feelings of anxiousness over his transformation and thanking Chip for potentially keeping him sane- before Tails relays news of Birdie's Emerald. After the Shamar temple is restored, the quartet reach Adabat, dispatch of the Egg Lancer, and restore the temple. Chip's memory comes back full force and they elect to finish things at Eggmanland.

ACT 3

Tails easily lands with Sonic, Chip, and Knuckles in tow, and the team makes their way through the park. Eggman attempts one last stand with the Egg Dragoon, and although he's defeated, Dark Gaia has proceeded to gain enough strength to break free and strips Sonic is his Werehog power. Chip uses his newfound confidence to finally assist the heroes and fully transform into Light Gaia. Everyone helps Light Gaia in defeating Dark Gaia. Afterwards, Light Gaia returns everyone to the restored surface and proceeds to sleep comfortably.

~*~

There we go; that's my take on mashing the two together. If you read all of that, you get some e-cookies. I probably left out a lot of stuff or mixed up some timelines, but to be fair a lot of shit happens in Sonic Adventure. =P

And that's it for me. I think I did all 30 in time? If I didn't, ah wellz; it was fun participating. Many thanks to Crusher, Verte, and Kiah for organizing this and seeing it through. I had a good time. ^^

• Thumbs Up 5

I don't remember saying it had to necessarily be a "better" story.

And also, I'm really sorry, but your current answer is not what I'm talking about when it comes to this question. I'm talking about combining two actual stories, not simply taking one story and giving it the "quality" of another.

Ah, so it can be as crazy as we want it to be? Alright, allow me to revise my entry, then...

Shadow_the_Hedgehog_Coverart.png

+

Soniccolorswiithumbg.jpg

Sonic and Shadow: Colors (and lack thereof)

Sonic is busy throwing Shadow a 50th birthday party, but Shadow isn't enjoying it. He's too busy brooding about his lost memories to bother giving the hedgehog who is busy blowing a noise-maker in his ear a satisfying pounding. Just when he's starting to have second thoughts about this, though, they receive a call from the President. 

He informs them that the time of the century when the great alien migration takes place has arrived. However, most aliens take this as a vacation, and sometimes stick their noses where they don't belong. A race of aliens, for example, have been reported streaking ("not that kind of streaking" as he says) through a company's private property, destroying several outlets and factories and injuring several workers. He asks Sonic to take care of these aliens, as he supposes that he's the only one fast enough to keep up with them. Shadow, on the other hand, is asked to monitor a strange set of alien scouts that have landed in several cities, as they look suspicious and appear to utilize powers that Shadow only has access to. Seeing this as a chance to grab more info from someone other than a particularly annoying pincushion about his hazy past, Shadow accepts the mission. The two go their separate ways, and thus both stories split off into the dark path of Shadow the Hedgehog and the incredibly cheesy path of Sonic Colors.

As the basic events unfold for Shadow, Sonic finds out that Eggman had built an interstellar amusement park right behind his back, and is in fact the company under attack. Reluctant to help, Sonic asks around about the place, to which he finds out that all citizens who have been to the place give it their seal of approval, stating that this was all part of Eggman's plan to turn over a new leaf and amend for his crimes. Sonic obviously scoffs at the idea, but decides to investigate the scene with Tails anyway. Cue the basic events of Colors.

Shadow's story is basically the same, save for a few alterations, less Sonic and Tails, having the Eggman levels take place on the interstellar amusement park (Asteroid Coaster, Starlight Carnival, and Tropical Resort), and a whole lot less swearing. In this case, Gerald made his black market negotiations behind the government's back through the spectacle of the Great alien migration, making Black Doom's visit look just like another "vacation" of his.

However, as the two stories come close to their finales, Eggman reveals that he never intended to brainwash the planet, and instead aims the cannon straight at the great alien migration. He succeeds in enslaving the caravan, and then orders them all to converge on Sonic. Sonic then has to outrun all the aliens with the help of his new (fast) color powers, and basically enacts Terminal Velocity act 1, without the crumbling amusement park. Fortunately by the end of the level, a streak of light pierces through the amusement park (thankfully closed), and causes the mind control ray to malfunction, granting the aliens their free will back. Foiled again by stupid plot convenience, Eggman goes into a fit of rage, and disappears into his factory, saying "I will have the last laugh, and I will crush Sonic!".

It is revealed that the streak of light that destroyed the amusement park came from the Eclipse Cannon, as Shadow destroyed the Black Comet. He stated that it "Just happened to be one of the things in the way", shrugging it off as several satellites burn up in the earth's atmosphere. Eggman, however, bursts out of the elevator in his mech (a much faster, more competent version of the Colors boss) and proceeds to beat up Shadow and Sonic. The mech matches the doctor's persona at this point: Unhinged, hasty, and destructive. Tails asks Sonic if he's okay, which Sonic, having the wind knocked out of him, only responds to by shoving Tails into the elevator and jettisoning him back down to safety. Not a second too soon, either, as the mech strikes at the elevator almost at the same time as Tails had shown his face. Sonic Recuperates, and asks Shadow to help him take this thing down, to which he agrees with a nod. 

Cue the Colors final boss battle, except a lot faster. The running from and at perspectives would be for Sonic and Shadow respectively, with Shadow battling the front, power-based side of the mech, and Sonic battling a quick moving tail the mech had in the DS version. Eventually, the final blows are initiated, and both hedgehogs attack from both sides simultaneously, with Sonic's side using the colorful wisp powers, and Shadow's using the dark Chaos powers, creating a yin-yang type of attack. It works, and destroys the mech, sending Eggman spiraling into space. 

This triggers the Black Hole Terminal Velocity, in which you control Sonic only, as you watch Shadow fall behind and disappear with chaos control. If you're good enough, you can get out of the black hole by yourself and get an S rank, but if not, you just trigger the wisp-rescuing-you scene. Back on earth, Sonic explains to an irritated and confused Tails why he threw him into the elevator, and the two make up, calling it even. Shadow broods in the space colony, and proceeds to leave the past behind him. The migration ends, the world is saved from the black arms, and the wisps go home. The end!

So yeah, that's my mash-up story. It also works because Sonic was rather obnoxious in both games, Colors didn't use the chaos emeralds, they both involved aliens, and both utilized plot convenience to mess up the villains initial plans, forcing them to initiate a back-up plan.

That, and the fact that they're polar opposites, and would totally be hilarious to play side by side.

Day 30: Complete

Day 30 - The final Spin-dash!

2 Stories I'd combine? Hmm... I'm not great at writing these sorts of things but I guess I'd combine Sonic Chronicles and Sonic Adventure, the only connection I'm making is to spend more time with Knuckle's ancestors and his past and his race, long before Chaos becomes a thing, I'd like to see events unfold as Knuckle's clan gradually become power corrupt and fighting other settlements before learning of the Chaos Emeralds, then instead of Chaos killing the Echidna's for killing the altr's Chao, I'd imagine Chaos seals them in the master emerald in another dimension which would become the twilight cage. Kinda like Hyrule and Twilight realm coexisting beside each other, but in different dimensions/time frames.

I'd also like to see interaction between Omega, Gamma and the E-Series robots. So Sonic and the gang will be dimension hopping thanks to Chaos being awakened by Eggman in the current time verse, causing balance problems with the Master Emerald being shattered, causing the Twilight Cage to phase in and out of the current dimension, constantly throwing the cast back into the past to solve the true mystery and orign's of Chaos and the Master Emerald.

That's all i've got I'm afraid!

FINAL ZONE: What two Sonic stories would you combine?

Okay, here I go!

Sonic Battle + Shadow the Hedgehog

You take the role of an android that has awoken from a long rest, with no memory of your past. It's up to you to figure out your path in life.

Do you:

- Join the Guardian Unit of Nations and fight for justice along with Shadow and Rouge?

- Follow Sonic and co.'s advice and live a life of your own?

- Align yourself with Dr. Eggman and bring in the glorious reign of the Eggman Empire?

- Swear loyalty to the Alien Overlord who claims to have created you and destroy the Earth?

- Turn on everyone to make yourself the most powerful being in the galaxy?

The choices are yours and yours alone.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oy. Mixing two stories? There's so many to choose, Chronicles and SA1, Riders and Heroes, Unleashed and Zero Gravity, Colors and SA2...

I guess I'll wing it and go with Unleashed and SA2

Reason? The scale, the locations, the stakes, and the connections. The all around world building that would be a real serious challenge to top.

If Crusher didn't restrict me to just two games, I'd add SA1, but that's perfectly fine. SA1 works well as a standalone title in a small local area, delivering the tension it did very well. SA2 however, put things on a more worldwide scale, with Eggman holding the entire world hostage, and I feel it would be more fulfilling to visit some of the locations in Unleashed, starting with Eggman's demonstration of the Eclipse cannon. And really, when you start nitpicking, it becomes clear that we had a glimpse of places like Shamar and Spagonia back in SA2 - it's an asspull on my end, I know, but it's a real interesting asspull. tongue.png

So we've gotten the scales and locations out the way. What about the connections? Well why not Professor Pickle and Professor Gerald Robotnik? Many of us are fond of these two characters, and some of us developed fics of them knowing each other in the past. Why not make that a reality, and add an even bigger sense of tragedy to them, with Pickle on the loss and worry of his old friend, and Gerald's misanthropy adding to that tragic moment? Plus, it would really bridge the ARK's core with that of the Emerald Shrine it was based off of. With Pickle being the archeologist, they could travel parts of the world and visit places like the Emerald Shrine, leading to Gerald using it as the core's base.

But what about the characters, you might ask? Well, this gives them even greater reason to be active. Sonic obviously gets captured by GUN, then breaks free, gets captured again, then gets busted out. And afterwards, the Heroes go in hiding in various parts of the world as they search for Eggman and try to stop him.

Eggman's side is unchanged. He busts into Prison Island, awaken's Shadow, and they go to the ARK. As is Shadow's parts when he first meets Sonic.

Rouge however, has some slight changes. She goes treasure hunting on Angel Island, finds the Master Emerald, tries to take it, and gets found out by Knuckles. They fight, then Eggman comes along to steal the gem. Knuckles shatters it, Angel Island falls, with Rouge clueless as to why that was. She gets clued in on the Master Emerald being able to be restored, but is still in the dark of how essential it is to hold the island up, hence why she continues to search for the gems. As she leaves the island, she gets informed by her superior to look for information of Project Shadow, and so her part begins.

Rouge goes looking for information about Project Shadow, leading her to Professor Pickle in Spagonia, an old acquaintance of Gerald, who is researching the Gaia Scrolls. The scrolls serve as a Chekhov's Gun like the Master Emerald did in SA2, it seems unimportant until later on when shit really hits the fan. She pumps him for information on what he knows. Brings a mood whiplash of comedy, lighthearted fun, with tragic, horrific moments as she gets information that Gerald was arrested for crimes against the world, which shocked Pickle at the time as he wonders if he really knew Gerald as well as he did.

This leads to her connecting Gerald as Eggman's grandfather, and so she decides to join him under the pretense of helping him, while she's spying for information and then plans to steal the Chaos Emeralds he has, one of which she willingly gives to him as her way of infiltrating the group.

Returning to the heroes, they're on the run from GUN, and they seek refuge in various places around the world, starting with Empire City, then they see Eggman blow up the moon with the Eclipse cannon after obtaining five Chaos Emeralds and gives the world the ultimatum of surrendering to him or die. The heroes then go Shamar where Eggman's base is located, then they go into space. Much of what happens in SA2 is somewhat the same, except that Eggman gets a sixth Chaos Emerald which he uses to recharge the Eclipse cannon and shoot a blast at the ocean when the world's refuses to submit to him, thinking he's bluffing about using the Cannon. He uses it just to show that he will make good on his word while at the same time keeping the countries intact for him to rule over. Knowing that even firing at the ocean can cause significant damage, causing a tsunami that floods a city, he plans to use that city as a base for Eggmanland as he continues his work in space. This, however, carries the side effect of causing fissures in the world that threaten to crack it into pieces. Nobody knows of what's really going on, thinking that it's merely an earthquake as a side effect of Eggman blasting the oceans, but because the Eclipse cannon was using Chaos Energy like that which was used in Unleashed, it threatens to unleash Dark Gaia.

However, that part won't come until later, as right now we're doing SA2. So the story at this point continues the way it does in SA2, except better written of course, and then the tensions flare as Eggman gets the last Chaos Emerald, triggering the colony drop set up by Gerald as it falls toward the earth. The usual "Last Story" bit happens where the heroes and villains work together to stop it, unleashing the Biolizard as it tries to continue the ARKs descent to the Earth. They stop it, Shadow vanishes in a flash of light, and then the world is saved.

Or so they think...

Pieces of the Ark, charged by the Chaos Energy from the Cannon, were broken off from the descent and smash into the earth, spreading the energy that further splits the earth apart and unleashes Dark Gaia. Then the parts of Unleashed kick in, with everyone rushing to put the world back together, or in Eggman's case conquer the segments of the world. The world is under threat of Dark Gaia's influences, and although no one knows about what's going on Professor Pickle comes in to fill the gaps. This knowledge leads Eggman to kidnap him to understand more of what's going on, leading him to take the Gaia Scrolls, which he uses to take advantage of Dark Gaia's energy to power Eggmanland and continue his schemes.

At some point, Chip is found, who rescued Shadow from his fall (I cannot believe how fast I loopholed this!). Shadow, unaware of what happened, how he survived his fall, goes on his own, but takes Chip with him as he tries to continue his promise to Maria of giving people a reason to be happy. Now, Shadow doesn't have amnesia here, but Chip does, and at some point Shadow encounters Sonic and Tails once again. Dark Gaia's minions attack, and Shadow goes to fight them off on his own, leaving Chip with Sonic and Tails.

And thus the Unleashed saga begins. Here, everyone is under threat, so everyone is present to deal with the crisis. Angel Island is affected, GUN is affected, etc. Knuckles comes in to help, as does Rouge, the Chaotix, Cream and Big, and the Babylon Rogues.

And everyone travels to the multiple corners of the world to find the Gaia Temples.

Beyond that, just imagine the wasted potential that Unleashed had by shunning these characters, and just make use of it. Sorry for the rushing the last part, but I really wanted to bridge SA2 with Unleashed. If you want a final part, everyone goes to Eggmanland to stop Eggman, who fights everyone in his Egg Dragoon.Then comes Dark Gaia, where Chip, Shadow, and Sonic fight him in their superforms, and then everything ends there. Shadow goes his own way, encountering Rouge once again, and everyone else relaxes...until Heroes (or my ShTH fixfic). tongue.png

EDIT: Also, this combination allows me to cheat a bit, as thanks to Unleashed being about a world adventure, visiting various real-world inspired locations, you can use that to visit older places in the games, such as Angel Island, Station Square post-Chaos, Mystic Ruins, the wreckage of the Egg Carrier, along with the locations in Unleashed such as Chun-nan, Apotos, Mazuri, and Adabat.

EDIT2: Just realized that this combination also synergizes the themes of duality in both games. The Light and Dark, Hero and Villain, in addition to Revenge and Forgiveness. Amazing how you can connect things...

• Thumbs Up 1

So I had a bit of a brainstorm for a future Unleashed adaptation, and it's a mix between parts of Unleashed and Sonic 06 (don't run just yet):

this is pretty much early alpha stage ATM, but the basic gist involves Solaris usurping Chip as Light deity, and manipulating the world to make everyone worship and destroy under his name (under construction, still thinking over things). Dark Gaia isn't happy, and let's itself collapse under its own weight to spread his dark nature to counter Solaris, taking advantage of Eggman's cannon firing the Earth. Sonic becomes a Werehog as a side effect, and he finds Chip and will eventually lead to him trying to help Chip regain his position as Light Gaia, while also dealing with the machinations of Solaris' cult and Dark Gaia trying to manipulate the transformed Sonic into becoming his feral slave of sorts. This will include just about everyone one of the major Sonic characters and have cameos and stuff.

This is still a work in progress, and I am trying it fit in with the theme of dark and light balance, while also showing how dark and light are not inherently evil and good and other junk like that. Also trying to make sure it stays consistent with my Colors adaptation.

Question #30: If you had to combine the stories of any TWO Sonic games, which stories would you combine, and can you think of how it would work?

I thought about it. I really, really thought about it. My first thought was Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Triple Trouble. Triple Trouble seems to borrow a bit from S3&K, and even shares a few level tropes (notably Ice Cap and Robotnik Winter could be mashed together or even Tidal Plant with Hydrocity and naturally Death Egg and Atomic Destroyer). Add to all the confusion going on, what if Sonic and Tails landed at just the wrong time...? Obviously Knuckles has already aligned himself with Eggman, believing Sonic is the bad guy and steals the Emeralds under the assumption he's keeping them safe. So maybe while all the confusion is going on, we've got Fang sneaking around in the background, trying to take the Emeralds for himself.

While I mostly go by Archie's interpretation, Fang doesn't strike me as a smart character; he has some tricks up his sleeve and, as a treasure hunter, he probably has some specialized knowledge in that field and making machines that aid him in his hunt, so it's not unheard of he's come across some information about a giant Emerald in his travels and tales of a floating island, so it's not unbelievable he makes his way there and takes advantage of the guardian having his hands full with the famous Sonic. The Special Zones could even be mashed up into two segments, keeping the blue sphere game but also including a chase/battle component a la Triple Trouble's Special Zones (in which you battle Fang).

I can even see this leading to a huge, chaotic tussle in the climax of the game, with Sonic and Tails just making their way into the Hidden Palace and battling Knuckles, to Eggman busting in to make a grab for the Emerald and Fang coming in to take it for himself. Knuckles just doesn't know what to believe anymore and proceeds to strike a truce with Sonic until the two crooks are vanquished and the Emerald is restored. Eggman of course gets away and powers up the Death Egg/Atomic Destroyer, but Fang boards the Death Egg as well, either to form an alliance with the Doctor or to just take both the Master Emerald and Sonic's Chaos Emeralds (only to quickly get tossed aside because it's Fang, come on now).

I could even see Fang working his way back with Knuckles's story, eventually leading to him getting run off the Island for good when Mecha Sonic makes a surprise appearance to take the Master Emerald to power up himself.

I'm not saying this is triple-A material and would need substantial reworking of Sonic 3 & Knuckles's plot, but this is a mash-up that makes sense to me.

------

I'd also like to see Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog be mashed up, allowing it to be more of a follow-up to SA2 and open doors for future stories with Shadow.

See, I believe both games their strong points, Heroes with its multiple team gimmick and Shadow with its level variety, paths, and exploration of Shadow's past. While neither game was amazing by any stretch, I can dig 'em, and see good and potential in them because I'm that kind of guy.

I think we can keep the teams, as almost all of these character make encore appearances for Shadow (Big and Metal Sonic being the only exceptions, I believe). So what does that leave us with? We've got the Chaotix working a big case, similar to what they were doing in Shadow's game, which presumably deals with Gerald's Diary, the history/truth of the ARK and even Shadow. It's possible that, like Heroes, the crew was covertly hired by Eggman, too. We can also have Eggman mobilizing the Shadow androids, which were only hinted at in the cutscenes of Heroes, but to my knowledge, did not appear in the levels. While that's all going on, we have Team Rose searching for missing Chao that were likely kidnapped by Eggman for some reason, Team Dark searching for answers for Shadow and revenge for Omega, and we have Sonic and co doing that hero thang they do so well going after Eggman and Metal Sonic. Metal Sonic, in the style of the Adventure era, could even defect against the Doctor in the eleventh hour, having copied everyone's data. Why does Metal do this though? Why, because it believes that Eggman is looking to replace it with the Shadow androids! Now it feels it has to prove its worth/superiority by killing both Sonic and Shadow so it'll take the combined efforts and the REAL SUPERPOWER OF TEAMWORK to take this suped up Metal Sonic down (also, it'll transform into Metal Sonic Kai because fuck Metal Overlord)!

Each team has their own story and unique levels, occasionally crossing paths, Shadow still being alive is a bigger deal than it was in Heroes (perhaps first when everyone else encounters an android in their respective story, leading to confusion when Team Dark appears), and we start getting answers a little earlier regarding him.

This one is something I'd have to give more thought to, but I think it could solve the monotony and lack of a plot issues Heroes had, whilst more cleanly exploring Shadow's past without nearly as much confusion as his own game presented, but still leave doors open to continue exploring it or even having him be satisfied and pursue new goals as a result of achieving clarity. Hell, we can make way for the Black Arms in a different way in a future game, because, darn it, I'd like to see them handled in an interesting way, with or without needing to be tied down to Shadow's past (I wanna know more about Glyphic Canyon, for example).

EDIT: cleaned up some of my writing, I'm kinda jazzed about this Shadow idea now...

Edited by Zaysho

[ Day 30 : Cominbing Stories! ]

This is admittedly not the question I was expecting to answer, but here goes.  Really, it's hard to think of any stories that would go together, but two games I think that could really benefit from being put together.... SA2 and Shadow the Hedgehog.  Neither of these are my favorite games, but they have potential to be better together!  This is all mainly due to...

• Increased emphasis on Shadow's past - More exposition towards Shadow's past.  Preferably ignoring the Black Arms, but if they had to be there, I think they'd be pretty cool if images of them occasionally appeared in his flashbacks in SA2.
  • Blending of the lighter and darker tones - Basically imagine Shadow and everyone and their uncle saying "damn" in a much more lighthearted environment.  It would be perfect!  Okay, no.  But I'd say that in combining them you could lighten up ShTH and give it a bit more of an upbeat tempo while still retaining some of the darker elements, such as Maria's death.
  • Multiple plot choices - Imagine in City Escape, you didn't have to do the truck, but it came at the cost of not meeting Shadow until later.  Or in Radical Highway as Shadow, you could choose to pursue a more peaceful route.  All these could determine when and how you meet Shadow and defeat him, and on the darker side of things, it could determine how long it takes before Shadow remembers his real promise to Maria.
  • Increased expansion on GUN's backstory and operations. - So basically imagine hearing the GUN Commander TELL his soldiers to send in the truck.  It would just be interesting to see things from their perspective and why they're willing to destroy hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of property to catch you.  I imagine it would be due to you being such a renowned hero and thus a more elusive perceived villain.
  • More Rides! - Imagine having a variety of plot-related vehicles in the Tails/Eggman stages!  That would not only benefit the gameplay, but it would give the plot a bit more depth.  Maybe eben show Tails and Eggman working on something for a specific section.  (Perhaps a vehicle which helps dispose of the bombs in Central City)

Something else I was going to mention, but I forgot it entirely.  Anyway, yeah, I think SA2 and ShTH could actually be something pretty good, if done properly.  I'd like to see it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Preferably ignoring the Black Arms

But that's the best part!

You call this a Shadow game? Without Black Doom's contradictions and bling-bling?

• Thumbs Up 6

Day 30: Combine Two Stories Into One

Story-telling has been another key aspect in-- *record scratch* WAIT WHAT!? o_O; Damn... now THAT is a tough final question to answer. Ahem... let's try again then, shall we?

... *takes a deep breath* Here we go...

Day 30: Combine Two Stories Into One

Story-telling has been another key aspect in the Sonic The Hedgehog series ever since its inception. While the classic series have had a certain degree of plot, Sonic Adventure was the game that kickstarted the complexity of their story development which has remained ever since. All these stories have managed to gather the attention of different corners of the fanbase, and as result, fans are always keen on commenting on the different aspects of any game's plot and how the characters are portrayed and interacted in the story.

The fact we have got a good array of stories featured in the series brings us to this interesting (albeit very difficult to answer, I admit!) question: if I had to combine two stories of two Sonic games in order to create a brand new one, what would it be? Well, hopefully this one should work very well; I would combine...

4666.Sonic_5F00_Adventure_5F00_2_2D005F0

she3logo.png

Sonic Adventure 2 + Sonic Heroes

After playing both Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes, I always wondered how the story of the latter game kickstarted right after the events of the former; Heroes never explained what drew Dr Eggman to return back to his evil schemes despite leaving things seemingly in peaceful terms after helping Sonic and his friends back in Space Colony ARK, why Shadow was alive yet suffered amnesia and doesn't remember who he is, or what the rest of the cast were doing before each of them teamed up. I think something that ties in both games would be quite interesting to attempt, but I'll do my best and explain what it could be like (even though admittedly I am not good at creating interesting stories, at all!).

The story would begin right after Sonic and Shadow defeated the Final Hazard and saved the Space Colony ARK from crashing into Earth. Sonic returns back to the space station and inform the rest of the group the sad news, all quite upset to hear about Shadow's sacrifice in battle. As we hear at the end of Sonic Adventure 2, Eggman still feels surprised about his grandfather Gerald Robotnik's revenge against humanity while Tails comforts him by reminding him about all the teamwork they have done in order to save the Earth. Once all the guys are back down to Earth, Eggman decides to put aside his schemes since he believes the world should be at peace and not in threat. However, after taking a look back at his notable works such as Metal Sonic, Eggman realizes of his past intention to dominate the world by establishing an empire of his own. In order to do so, he decides to bring Metal Sonic back into shape due to its defeat from Sonic and updating its intelligence, speech and abilities, being the acquisition of his foes' abilities by copying them one of these upgrades. One day he takes his improved creation to different locations across the planet to test him out; on his travels, Eggman finds Shadow who appears to be unconscious yet surprisingly alive. Shocked at finding Shadow (who was believed to be dead after his collapse down to Earth), he decides to take him back to his base and decides to lock him into a capsule to preserve him. Back to his lobby, he reviews all the progress done on Metal Sonic and seems very satisfied and surpassing all expectations brilliantly, even more than his ultimate creation in the E series line of robots, E-123 Omega. Knowing that Metal Sonic can be a better match for his plans of world dominance, Eggman decides to lock Omega in the room where Shadow is capsuled as a guard robot, not without showing absolute disappointment from Omega itself which thinks its creator abandoned it after all what it did for the evil scientist.

Eggman, alongside Metal Sonic and its new creation of Egg Pawns abandon the base, leaving Shadow and Omega locked up, and then go aboard of the brand new Egg Fleet. Right there, Eggman shares his plans of building his own empire with Metal Sonic being his close co-operator. The robot questions his creator's plans to dominate the world, which seems not ambitious enough. Frustrated, Eggman attempts to shut it down but Metal Sonic knocks him unconscious and locks him up on his Egg Fleet, not before he copies his abilities and physical appearance. Metal Sonic decides to start his plan to conquer the world and in order to do so he will attempt to collect as much data from Sonic's friends as possible.

As for Sonic and his friends, the rest of the cast are set to different pathways which ultimately lead into the teams formed in Sonic Heroes. The teams are formed as follows:

- Team Sonic: Tails has been spending his time at the workshop refining his Tornado with new tricks and new tech, and decides to test it out. But before he's set to go, he finds a message from Dr Eggman on his post, saying that he has developed a weapon that will take over the world in three days. Surprised at his apparent return to evil deed, he decides to go and find Sonic and Knuckles. He meets Knuckles at Angel Island who has been guarding the Master Emerald since then, and echidna decides to get on board after Tails explaining the situation. Later on they find Sonic and Tails passes the message left by Eggman; Sonic agrees on taking the challenge and then Team Sonic is ready to go.

- Team Dark: Being an agent at G.U.N., Rouge takes on a mission left by the Commander, giving her a request to research more into Dr Eggman's past schemes across the different bases he has established in the past; she believes this mission is right on her books and feels she will find plenty of treasure sealed in these bases. One day, she infiltrates the base Eggman recently abandoned, and to her surprise, she finds the capsule where Shadow is sealed inside, but the present Omega activates and attacks Shadow and Rouge. Rouge stops the fight and decides to put the conflict aside by teaming up together in search of Doctor Eggman while gathering clues about Shadow's identity along the way.

- Team Rose: Amy Rose, who happens to be at Seaside Hill with Big The Cat for a small holiday break, befriends Cream The Rabbit at Seaside Hill, who is also holidaymaking with her mother Vanilla The Rabbit. Big The Cat lost his little friend Froggy once again and has been on an attempt to find him, while Cream's also little friend Cheese lost his friend Chocola. During their holidays, they hear the news from the newspaper about a sudden upswing of animal robotization; the headline picture depicts what seems to be Sonic running away with both Chocola and Froggy. Cream, Big and especially Amy Rose couldn't believe that the Blue Blur kidnapped them and they question why would he do such a thing.Then they decide to team up and set out on a quest to find clues about their whereabouts.

- Team Chaotix: Espio, Charmy and Vector formed the Chaotix Detective Agency long after the events of Knuckles Chaotix. They work under a contract basis, being hired by different clients across the globe for their investigation services. They used to be very renowned for their combined skills which helped to solve many cases and left many clients happy. However, competition was fierce and the rise of other agencies have left Chaotix not getting as many contracts as they used to, running into serious money troubles to pay the debts and bills of their own business. One day, the team receives an attempted delivery note from an unknown client, so Charmy decides to go and collect the parcel containing the information of the contract. This client would give them incredible amounts of cash for completing his request, just what they need in order to save their agency, an offer impossible to refuse. Therefore, Team Chaotix sets free into their mission.

In conclusion, all the details explained throughout the post would serve as a good connection (or so I think!) between Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes, bringing up plot points that were not discussed or even mentioned in the latter title of the series. Again, I admit I am not a storyteller and I did all I could to make this a decent story, but I think there could be some potential to create not just a story but even a game that connects both entries and timelines effectively if Sega ever wanted to do so but, to be perfectly honest, they never will. Oh well, at least this was fun to do! X3

• Thumbs Up 2

Heroes never explained what drew Dr Eggman to return back to his evil schemes despite leaving things seemingly in peaceful terms after helping Sonic and his friends back in Space Colony ARK

As we hear at the end of Sonic Adventure 2, Eggman still feels surprised about his grandfather Gerald Robotnik's revenge against humanity while Tails comforts him by reminding him about all the teamwork they have done in order to save the Earth.

I'll pretend I didn't hear any of this.

Now then...

*ahem*

~SSMB Has Cleared Final Story Act 30!~

~~~SSMB Has Cleared the 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog!~~~

~Hip hip hurray!~

Hey.

Guys.

Got a secret to tell you.

Come closer.

Closer.

Closer.

Nearly there.

...There we go.

So. Guys. And also girls. Guys and girls. Girls and guys. Women and men. Females and males. Ladies and gentlemen. XX chromosome individuals and XY chromosome individuals. Would you believe me for a second, or even a minute, if I were to inform you of the very real and serious possibility that there is, in fact, shall we say... an extra day?

hqdefault.jpg

"No way!"

1360096-crush.jpg

"No way!"

mouser.jpg

"No way?"

yay.jpg

"No waaaayyyy!"

Way.

Yes, for one close-to-24 hour period only, there is a surprise bonus round, and yes, it comes with it's very own badge as well. All you have to do is answer the following extra questions, and you shall be awarded with such a badge in due time.

...No. That's not a typo. I did indeed say "questions". There are a list of questions, you see. But fear not, for your answers do not need to be as detailed as your answers with previous questions. As long as you do provide an answer for each question (and as long as you have at least typed up a legitimate sentence of some sort), everything will be jake.

Let's not waste anymore time. Here are your questions.

Bonus Question #1: What's your top favourite soundtrack from a CLASSIC game?

Bonus Question #2: What's your top favourite soundtrack from a MODERN game?

Bonus Question #3: Have you ever created your own fancharacter, and if so, what are they all about? (Note: Please don't feel ashamed if you have made one/a few, because I believe that there are good Sonic fancharacters out there, overshadowed by the majority as they may be.)

Bonus Question #4: If a Black Warrior and an Iblis Biter engaged in a standoff in the style of Sergio Leone's Once Upon a Time in the West, who would be the last one standing?

Bonus Question #5: Who would you say are your best/closest/etc friends on the Sonic Stadium?

I will provide my own thoughts for these questions... tomorrow. Tomorrow? Yes. Tomorrow.

Now... Go.

• Thumbs Up 6

No way

SSMB is Bill & Ted. Crusher is Rufus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp67K_Sqd-8

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 31: Figured would do this, will reply shortly

BQ#1: Favorite classic game sound track would be Sonic 1, I mean its original iconic and has a bunch of great tunes

BQ#2: Favorite modern game sound track is proably sonic heroes, sure it can be corny at times, but its also quite fun upbeat, and has some fun vocal tunes, some of which we need to do for another SSMB sings

BQ#3: I've never made a fan character, wasn't much of an artist myself, and I enjoy a story for what it is, but if I'm going to make a new character nowadays, I'd much rather put in the effort to make it work as a standalone, even if its similar in some ways it could fit within an existing universe

BQ#4: I have no idea what you're referencing to, but I bet that if eggman was anywhere nearby, he proably mined the place with explosives

BQ#5: Hmmm, as for my friends around here would proably be Zaysho, JaidynReiman, Doctor MK, and Da Victoes, I have a good mix of buddies around here, but these are proably the ones I interact with the most, and have a form of kinship with

This has been fun Dr Crusher, thanks the fun event

31/30 days complete!

• Thumbs Up 1

DAY 30 If you had to combine the stories of any TWO Sonic games, which stories would you combine, and can you think of how it would work?

Another question I've never thought of, and a good one for the final day.

I have to say The combination of S3&KxCD is very intriguing.

I'm going with,

SONIC ADVANCE 3 & SONIC LOST WORLD

Dr. Eggman is up to no good once again, this time the planet's been shattered, thanks to his meddling with chaos control. "I can't rule a planet if it's in pieces, Orbot! Cubot! were going to the lost hex." "The lost hex, why!?" "Because it is the location of the conch, and before you ask what that is, with the seven chaos emeralds, it will bring the shattered pieces of this planet back together and make are home whole again." "But what if that whack hedgehog gets all up in our grill, my hard boiled homie?" "I have something to care of him, and this time it will obey every command."

Elsewhere a blue hedgehog is tapping his foot impatiently while a fox with two tails is furiously typing away on a keyboard. "Eggman's really done it this time, have you figured anything out yet." "Not yet, but I'm sure I'll find something soon."

A pink hedgehog and a rabbit with a chao walked in. "Sonic this is bad, we have to do something, all the animals are very upset." "Yes we must do something soon mr. Sonic." The fox speaks up, "I can't figure it out sonic I'm sorry." "You need the conch." Interrupted a red echidna. "Knuckles!" "What do you mean the conch?" asked the hedgehog. "Legend says that the conch together with the chaos emeralds will fix the broken planet." "Well then let's get going!"

So every one goes to lost hex to get the conch and chaos emeralds, they meet the deadly six and each character faces of with one of the deadly six. Sonic vs Zazz, Tails vs Zomom, Amy vs Zeena, Knuckles vs Master Zik, and Cream vs Zor. Zavok, and Gmel serve as the final boss.

I can't believe that it's over, tears are streaming down my face, I can't control myself. Seriously though, this was really fun, thank you so much Dr. Crusher, you did an excellent job!

Day #30: If you had to combine the stories of any TWO Sonic games, which stories would you combine, and can you think of how it would work?

...Hmm. Well done on this question, Crusher my friend. A question that involves deep thought. The Sonic question to end all Sonic questions. Alright...

Let's do it!

Oy. Mixing two stories? There's so many to choose, Chronicles and SA1, Riders and Heroes, Unleashed and Zero Gravity, Colors and SA2...

...Curse it all, you read my mind.

Anyway, I feel Knuckles's backstory from Adventure in particular would tie in perfectly with Chronicles, especially since it's directly referenced in Chronicles's codex that the Knuckles and Nocturnus Clans were rivals with each other. And of course, the mention of Perfect Chaos. Plus echidnas. So many echidnas. Luckily not the ones from the Archie comics.

So here's how I see the story going:

• Knuckles is kidnapped by the Marauders/Nocturnus.
  • Chaos senses something is wrong and is released from the Master Emerald, along with Tikal.
  • Little glowy spirit Tikal tells Sonic and Tails that Knuckles is missing.
  • Sonic and Tails encounter some of their friends and go looking for Knuckles.
  • They find Knuckles in the Mystic Ruins. (Which is ironically a location that's in both games, and in both you encounter Knuckles.)
  • Tikal gives flashbacks of the battles between the Knuckles and Nocturnus.
  • Perfect Chaos strikes
  • Knuckles and Shade end up helping Sonic defeat it

...Yeah. I'd add more details, but my brain's starting to become mush.

AERO HAS COMPLETED 30 DAYS OF SONIC ZONE: ACT 30

Ring bonus: what

Time Bonus: 720 get it because that's how many hours are in 30 days

sonic_wallpaper_by_zerox900-d5qfxpi.gif

Aw yeah! 100%'ed the 30 Days of Sonic! Where's my badge?

MORE QUESTIONS!!!!

Favourite Classic Soundtrack

Sonic CD JP. Its so upbeat, manages to deliver great atmosphere and is just overall a high quality soundtrack.

Favourite Modern Soundtrack

Ill have to go with Unleashed or Adventure on this one. All the tracks in Unleashed are so varied, and that night music rocks! And pretty much every song in Adventure is downright amazing, there isn't one song from it I dislike!

Fan Characters

When I was a little kid I made some fan characters. To be honest they didn't really have much to do with Sonic other than being inspired by his personality and stuff. I don't remember all the details though.

Edgy vs Edgy

THE EDGYNESS OF BOTH EDGY EDGYNIES WOULD BE SO EDGY THAT THE EDGE WOULD MAKE EVERYTHING EXPLODE WHERE ONLY THE EDGE OF THE EDGE OF THEM WOULD SURVIVEDGY. Iblis Biter.

TSS Friends

Wraith, Joker, Soma, Element, Speederino, Rawrdom, NGW00d, Sloth, Brad, Soniko, Docazure, Cakemiester Cero, Chibi, Xenos, King Edward, Lime, Rosarosarosalina, Rants, Soniman,, and I'm probably gonna miss whole bunch of other guys too and if I don't I'm sorry!

And with that, 30 Days is overrr. Again, thank you Crusher (and everyone else who set this up too).

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm returning for this oneeee~

This one absolutely has to go to Sonic CD, Japanese or American. Both are so groovy and ear wormy and such a blast to listen to and really capture the zones they're made for. Thank lord for Sonic CD remake with both OSTs included.

This one has to go to Sonic Colours. Every zone in the game has an absolutely wonderful theme and several remixes than just improve on them and I couldn't stop listening to it for months on end. I still revisit it every so often, more than any other Sonic game.

Bonus Question #3: Have you ever created your own fan-character, and if so, what are they all about?
Yes, I have. His name was Lasteka, a grey hedgehog with a weird hair quiff thing on the front of his head. He could control ice, wore a blue jacket and black trousers and was positively as lame as every fan character, despite young me trying to diverge from that when creating him.

Bonus Question #4: If a Black Warrior and an Iblis Biter engaged in a standoff in the style of Sergio Leone's Once Upon a Time in the West, who would be the last one standing?
I honestly have no idea. I guess I'd go with the Black Warrior because it can use weapons and dash away on foot? Distance would probably be a key advantage for it over the other Iblis thingy. 

Bonus Question #5: Who would you say are your best/closest/etc friends on the Sonic Stadium?
Most of my good friends on here are on Skype who I already had a little gush about, but there's also other members on here. My list of good friends would probably include Soniko, Cero, Chibi, Xenos, Solkia, Wraith, Endy, Soma, NG, Eddy, Rawrs, Trey, Azure, Winston, Cake, Warp, Rosa... but there's a ton more people on here who I have passing conversations with who I very much enjoy the company of also.
  • Thumbs Up 4

Question 1) Favorite Classic Soundtrack?

Gonna pick S3&K, mainly because of Lava Reef, Ice Cap, and Sky Sanctuary

Question 2) Favorite Modern Soundtrack?

SA2, mainly because it has one of the most diverse range of genres in the franchise, from different variations of Rock, to Hip Hop, R&B, Jazz, Bossa Nova, and Electronica/Industrial

Question 3) Have I created my own fan character?

Actually, no. Surprisingly. I've written fanfiction when I was a kid, but I never made any fancharacter based on a Sonic character. Closest I would have ever done is use other people's fancharacters privately, but no fancharacters on my end even at an age where you'd expect one.

Question 4)  If a Black Warrior and an Iblis Biter engaged in a standoff in the style of Sergio Leone's Once Upon a Time in the West, who would be the last one standing?

Wha-? I guess the Black Warrior? The Biter seems to have limited offensive abilities, but the Black Warrior can use weapons...I guess.

Question 5) Best/Closest friends of SSMB?

This isn't really an easy question to answer. If anything I feel like we've answered it before. If I had to be selective: Nepenthe, Komodin, Tornado, Dr. Crusher, turbojet, RoboRick, Johnny, YoshiUnity, Zaysho, Goku, Verte, Olgivie, SenEDtor, and that's as far as what automatically comes to my head. Generally speaking, if you're on my friends list, or mentioned here, then you're a close friend to me.

Edit: and that's not to say those not mentioned don't count. If I haven't mentioned you, but you think you count, then you'll know in spirit if you are. wink.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Alright here we go.

1. My favorite classic Sonic soundtrack would be Sonic 2 since it's just filled with awesomeness like Metropolis, Chemical Plant, Mystic Cave and the Final Boss theme. 

2. My favorite Modern soundtrack would be Lost World since it has just the same amount of variety in music genres as Adventure 1's but being much more lively and memorable.

3. ......sadly yes....I did.

https://www.facebook.com/mathan.sivanesan/media_set?set=a.148109088564803.23589.100000971393465&type=3

I got my username due to my fancharacter. It was all edgy and dark, it was rather ridiculous. Like my fancharacter was the cliched overpowered, immortal cousin of Sonic with a one-tailed Tails recolour, a Knuckles recolour that does stuff and a Shadow recolour that's religous and has the same attitude as Shadow. 

I made an entire universe of this in my head and I completely removed due to how silly it was.

4. Black Warrior to be honest since it can hold guns and vacuums, so it can just shoot the Biter since an Iblis Biter can only attack with fire and claws.

5. My closest friends in this site would be RoboRick, Chic, Mysterion and Chaos Incarnate. These guys are pretty cool to hang out with and I enjoy our chats. They are great people to be friends with and I'm grateful

And with that I would like to say YOU DID GREAT, Crusher. Making posts for this topic was great fun but i'll be honest that there were times that felt like the topic wasn't as interesting but this was a great topic regardless. Hope this becomes a yearly thing!

Day 30: What Two Games Would Azoo Slam Together?

Look at me being late for the last day. Wowee. LMAO. But here's my thing I guess.

fsxyN.png320px-Sonic_The_Hedgehog_(2006)_-_Logo_-

Sonic Rush  and Sonic 06. Sorta.

I originally had this really complex write up telling a super overdeveloped story about this, but I'm going to be honest: I really just think Blaze should have background information that using a few of 06's names and ideas, could've worked. Blaze would end up being princess of the kingdom of Soleanna, which is named after the great monster-god Solaris that in the midst of it's rampage and destruction was trapped into a Jeweled Scepter (seen in Rush Adventure) with it's master (the Sol Emeralds) by a great fire mage cat lady who became queen and passed down her royalty, the scepter, and the responsibility of taking care of the Sol Emeralds to each heir to the throne.

But that's really all just a bunch of backstory. Other than that, I'm really just wishing 06 didn't exist and that Sonic Rush was a 3D Sonic that played just like Unleashed (plus bumper button tricks and Spin Dash to stay accurate); featured both playable Sonic & Blaze, and was just as funky as the original.

Just include the Kingdom of Soleanna in this somewhat (a cartoonier Kingdom Valley?), and include some backstory for Blaze to add to the depth as well as give a reason for the 06 blend, and there you go. tongue.png

So I don't know if that counts or not. I wrote this massive story that I've already chunked out the window at this point without saving, so there's that. XD

Day 30.. Completed? 

//////

I'd like to say that Dr. Crusher was a trooper this whole time, and I really appreciate him as well as any mods or other people involved on the 30 Days of Sonic project. You guys did great. =)

I definitely didn't make it in on all of the days, and I gotta apologize for my performance on them myself since lately I've had so many things to do with my personal life (as well as new interests to pursue) that doing this hasn't been my first priority by any means. But I at least wanted to have a reason to walk in on the last one and give a hand for Crusher and whoever else involved for making this happen.

I hope to be a more active part of this next year, at least! XD

• Thumbs Up 2

Bonus questions? Well, alright. tongue.png

...Definitely Sonic CD, with S3&K coming close behind.

Hmmm. Sonic Adventure? Sonic Colors? Sonic Lost World? Sonic 2006? I don't even know--I'd say nearly every modern game but Chronicles. AKA the #1 thing I don't like about Chronicles. I actually find it rather enjoyable otherwise.

Bonus Question #3: Have you ever created your own fancharacter, and if so, what are they all about?

Y'know what, I'm just gonna copy/paste and spoiler my post from the Fancharacter Showcase topic.

Full name: Aero Windsworth

Species: Lynx

Relatives: Julie (mother), Azure (father), Skye (little sister)

Personality: Energetic and bringing new meaning to the term "airhead," Aero is often found soaring the skies on her specially-crafted Extreme Gear, the Cyan Shockwave. While normally upbeat, she has a bad temper and is very stubborn in her ways. She's a determined young girl who hates when things don't go her way, though luckily she doesn't throw a hissy fit whenever that happens. She also has a tendency to be rather lazy, occasionally bringing up the argument to her parents that her younger sister Skye needs to learn responsibilities too when she doesn't want to do chores or anything along those lines. (Mind you, Skye is only 4.)

Backstory: Aero had a pretty good early childhood, but Perfect Chaos struck the town when she was 7. Her family, luckily, lived to tell the tale by chance. They lived in an apartment building that wasn't damaged very badly. While the destruction was terrifying for the young Aero, she got to watch Super Sonic defeat Perfect Chaos outside her window. Admiring the hedgehog, she went out of her way to find him after moving to Route 99, but no avail. A couple years later, her parents managed to buy her tickets to some sort of Grand Prix. Knowing that that heroic hedgehog Sonic would be there, she eagerly awaited the next day.

Once the day came, and Aero was sitting in the bleachers, she was not only excited about seeing her hedgehog hero again, but was inspired by this "Extreme Gear" everyone was using. (She also never knew Sonic's name until this day.) She eventually came around to asking her father if he could build her an Extreme Gear of her own. Being a well-known mechanic in the area, and a great one at that, he happily obliged. (Not to mention he modeled a pair of sunglasses designed after Sonic's.)

While never meeting Sonic face-to-face; watching him save her hometown, seeing him at the Grand Prix, and every so often seeing him on television, Aero considered him to be her hero and has admired him ever since. (Not in the way Amy does, but you get the idea.)

Currently in her rebuilt hometown of Station Square, Aero is living happily with her parents and little sister.

Plus, bonus picture of her I made about a year ago.

aero_the_lynx___redesign_by_c_h_a_o_s_co

Iblis Biter. It's oddly adorable, and with its body made of magma, it can b̨̛͙̹͓͈̬̖̦͍̽̂͂̈́͛̍̇̇̐͜u̬͈͕̳̭̟̣̲̩̅̈́̍̍̒̐͘͘̚͝ͅr͍̞̤̙̟͖̙͍̯̱̿̀̑̆͒́͗̂̇́ņ̺̹̠̙̪̯͙͇͚̊͛͛͐̓̏͊͑̕͘ ͇̟͖̳͇̲̳̩̦̺̾͛͒̏͗̽̓̋̕͘f̡̛̲̦̪̤̫͔͖̫̞͗͑͆̊͌̍͘͘͝l̠̳̙̼̪͓̯̩͕̟̀̇̋̌̈̽̂̚͝͝e̞̻͔̯͙̜̣͖̟̲̽̈́̉̈́͌̔͒͂̕͝s̡̢͖̖̼̺͍͇̼͓̅̌̔̓́͌̚͘͝͝h̨̨͖̺̻̪̝̭̞̊̽̃̆̈́̈́̓̀͜͝. *coughs* sorry

...I feel like I've made a lot of friends here, but I'd say among the closest are Rants, Knucklesgirl, Cake, and the one-and-only Crusher. ^^

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic 3 and Knuckles, easily. Pretty much every level song stands out to me as at the very least good.

Either Sonic Adventure or Sonic Heroes. Sonic Adventure has much more variety, but Heroes's upbeat as hell approach just fits the series so well.

Bonus Question #3: Have you ever created your own fancharacter, and if so, what are they all about?

I created Fire Sonic. Sonic with fire powers. I was a creative spirit in my youth as you can see

The black warrior literally evaporates into thin air after shadow pokes them a few times, so....Iblis Biter.

Endy and Joker are pretty much the closest. Mostly Endy these days though because joker won't bring his beautiful ass back here more often than like once a week. Stupid no life.

There's also the skype chat brotherhood(I'm not going to namedrop every individual because I do that in like every appreciation thread ever now and they know who I'm talking about so yeeeaaah)  Soniko, and Discoid. I love those guys. 

• Thumbs Up 1

IT'S TIME! SPECIAL ZONE EMERALD CHASE!

I'm gonna have to go with the Japanese Sonic CD score, fantastic musicianship here, with so many stand out tracks. In particular mentions, I'd like to bring up the excellent Stardust Speedway, with it's catchy drive, Wacky Workbench with it's nonsense lyrics, and the jolly cheers you get in Palmtree Panic! Lovely game, varied OST. A classic.

For the modern score, I'm going for Sonic Generations, and it's remix masterclass. THIS right here is how you respectfully remix beloved music. Retains the charm Goethe original tracks, and in some cases, like with Rooftop Run, actually improve it. Easily my favorite score from any Sonic game, classic and modern.

Um...oh dear. I made one fancharacter back in the day, and he really sucked. Lightning the Hedgehog, and, along with Sonic's speed (naturally), he could control, yup you guessed it, lightning! He was basically a yellow Sonic, with little to no differences...well, I think he wore boots instead of shoes, a bit like Silver's. Not proud, but I didn't like, commission art or anything, so all evidence is LONG gone.

Great question! I'm gonna go with the Iblis Biter, because reasons. Seriously though, it'd be a close one to call, so I'll only lean towards mister biter, out of sheer guesswork.

I've made many friends here, some I think I've gained a bit more attachment too. I must share a pretty mutual thing with Cake, I mean he's somehow tolerated my shit, and he still talks to me, so SOMETHING is probably there. This one is gonna be kinda weird, considering I've only really been friends with her for a few weeks, but at the risk of sounding clingy, I'm gonna say Soniko, and I know that probably isn't mutual, but she helped me through personal troubles, and I'm so grateful. Thanks a lot, and I know I do this too much, and it's probably starting to grate but...yeah

DONE!

• Thumbs Up 2

BONUS DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_kXq4zc7iI

Alright let's do this.

I'd definitely have to go with Sonic 2 on this one. Emerald Hill, Chemical Plant, Sky Chase, Oil Ocean, Death Egg Robo...so much sublime music in one game. Sonic 3/3&K comes at an EXTREMELY CLOSE second.

Colors. It makes sense since it's my favorite Sonic game as well. I'm a huge sucker for techno/electronic/spacey stuff, and Colors provided all that and then some. Tropical Resort's funky grooves, Sweet Mountains blastin' brass, Starlight Carnival's happy techno party music, Planet Wisp and its perfect mesh of serenity and dark overtones, Aquarium Park with the trademark water music beauty, Asteroid Coaster's rockin' riffs, and who could forget Terminal Velocity? Colors, both the game and the soundtrack, is magical for me.

I did...a long time ago...but I never drew him or gave him a name because I was (and still am) ass at drawing. All I remember is that it was a monkey, because I thought Sonic needed more monkeys. If I recall, I believe he was a mischievous bounty hunter of sorts.

Probably the Iblis thingy. I mean, it is pretty much molten...right? That'll burn for days and days.

OHHHHHH YOU BOUT TO GET ME STARTED ON THIS ONE...AGAIN!

Alright, time for Ren to give some shout outs.

• First and foremost, shout out to that piano-playing maniac VizardJeffhog. For one, if it wasn't for this dude right here, I would have never joined these forums in the first place! Moving on from that, he's kind of a mentor of sorts to me. I really admire his amazing musical skills, cheerful disposition, and devotion to the SEGASonicRadio stuff. Glad to have you back on the boards, man!
  • Next, shout out to Azookara, for just being damn awesome all the time. We have so much in common, from the same musical tastes to some of the same video games. You my bro, man. Keep on being awesome.
  • Shout out to Aptiva/Double Agent Motobug, although he doesn't really come here anymore, but he's still amazing regardless and thus, I have to mention him and his awesome musical stuff. Freen in Green is an amazing band and you should listen to them.
  • Shout out to Cola. You loud as hell, but you's still a pretty cool skype dude though.
  • Shout out to D-Metal X, another cool Skype friend and a total bro. Awesome guy.
  • Shout out to Chaos/Space Warp for being one of the couple people who actively watch and like my videos. Also we're both also pretty similar in terms of stuff we like, especially when it comes to anime. We only really started talking a couple months ago, but he's another really cool dude and I consider him to be a really good friend.
  • Shout out to Felix for chucking me into that Skype group so that I could interact with more SSMB members. We don't talk much, but I admire his passion for animation and movies.
  • Shout out to Ragna/Azure Yakuzu, Jin, and (PRESIDENT) Crow for being fighting game buddies and just pretty cool people in general. Hope I get to play online with you guys a lot more soon!
  • Shout out to TCB, A mutual birthday buddy, cool affiliate of RadioSEGA, and fellow Toonami fanatic. Keep on being awesome!
  • Shout out to Wolfy, a chill dude and an amazing guitar player. BUY HIS HEROBOT 2 ALBUM. I SWEAR YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.
  • Last but not least, shout outs to all the other TSSMA musicians that I didn't mention already, including, but not limited to, Faseeh, Mikeblastdude, Urban Flow, Can of Nothing, and Rexy.

Well, I came in late because I was gone when it started, but I'm pretty sure I got at least 20...Ah well.

Anyways, this was a fun thing to do! Thanks Crusher and all others involved for getting this ball rolling. Was a fun ride!

• Thumbs Up 2