Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

One more thing.

That better constitute as orange Fanta.

They're about the same thing.  Only Crush leaves you with the feeling of CRUSHING YOUR ENEMIES AND TAKING IN THE LAMENTATIONS OF THEIR WIVES.  Er, but yeah, it's essentially the same stuff lol.

They're about the same thing.  Only Crush leaves you with the feeling of CRUSHING YOUR ENEMIES AND TAKING IN THE LAMENTATIONS OF THEIR WIVES.  Er, but yeah, it's essentially the same stuff lol.

I don't care about sex.

I care about ruining people's lives.

(Because, y'see, it sounds like you're referring to sex, so I misinterpret it in a comical manner, and I'm the disinterested villain type, so I answer bluntly, and it's all... n-n-nevermind.)

• Thumbs Up 2

Ah, it's been fun. I didn't make all 30 days but... what? More? MORE?! Ain't this about a...

Bonus Question #1: What's your top favourite soundtrack from a CLASSIC game?

Favorite Classic soundtrack...? Probably be a toss-up between Sonic 3 & Knuckles or Chaotix, I think both have some very strong tracks. I think Chaotix is a little more consistent sounding considering the development history behind the former's soundtrack, but S3&K is more memorable and, due to the way the game progresses, has its own narrative flow. I can do without the Super themes though...

Bonus Question #2: What's your top favourite soundtrack from a MODERN game?

Ooh, that's even tougher. I think I'll go with Sonic and the Black Knight. I like that it's both very different in its arrangements, but very familiar and fitting within the franchise. It also feels like a love letter to the fans with some of its throwbacks.

Bonus Question #3: Have you ever created your own fancharacter, and if so, what are they all about?

Nope. I haven't given much thought; the Sonic multiverse, as it were, is filled to the brim so many great and interesting characters, I spend enough time as it is thinking about things that can be done with them that I think would be fun.

I did, however, draw an interpretation of someone else's fancharacter (you know who you are) when I was bored once, and that was pretty well received (maybe I ought to post it at some point...?).

Bonus Question #4: If a Black Warrior and an Iblis Biter engaged in a standoff in the style of Sergio Leone's Once Upon a Time in the West, who would be the last one standing?

I dunno, I'll go with the Black Warrior, considering they have guns that can lock-on and summon down fucking lasers.

Bonus Question #5: Who would you say are your best/closest/etc friends on the Sonic Stadium?

Haven't we had a question like this before...? I suppose it bears repeating that I'm cool with pretty much everyone around here. SSMB now is definitely a different community than the one I remember from 2005 or so, and I can really enjoy jumping into a discussion. I'm admittedly not close to anyone in particular, but that has more to do with the fact that I'm terrible at communication. I suppose if I had to wrack my brain a little to shout out to some cats because I respect them, have talked to them, or it's just plain fun to trade posts on my favorite subjects with them: CSS, Verte, Dejimon, Mando, biznizz (presuming our shared dislike of Penders counts for something), Nepenthe, Akito, YoshiUnity, Crusher... you know, this is why I don't like doing shout outs, I don't want to appear to forget anyone (which is what happens). There's them and more, but that's enough for now.

That's all, folks!

I don't care about sex.

I care about ruining people's lives.

(Because, y'see, it sounds like you're referring to sex, so I misinterpret it in a comical manner, and I'm the disinterested villain type, so I answer bluntly, and it's all... n-n-nevermind.)

DON'T EXPLAIN THE JOKE!!! D:

You even need to ask? How’s about the one that contained the best BGM in the series, Mystic Cave. S3&K got a thought because of how big the thing is, but I have to give the nod to S2. Everything about it is just a hit. I mean, you’ve got chemical plant,  oil ocean, aquatic ruin you can’t got wrong in there. Top quality stuff so it gets the nod from me.

Generations gets the handcuffs for technically cheating, so I’ll ignore it.

Unleashed probably takes this award in its place. Its got an amazing sountrack of ethnic tunes and bangin beats. Its awesome – doubly so because the soundtrack isn’t 99% compromised of single jazz loop that plays over and over again… even if it is a good tune.

Seriously though, Dragon Road, Jungle Joyride, Arid Sands, Cool Edge, Savanah Citadel it just goes on and on.

Bonus Question #3: Have you ever created your own fancharacter, and if so, what are they all about? (Note: Please don't feel ashamed if you have made one/a few, because I believe that there are good Sonic fancharacters out there, overshadowed by the majority as they may be.)

Not really. I’ve made a few anthro OC’s every now and then, but all the fancharacters I do for this franchise never make it past the concept phase.  

That’s not an accident mind you…

Bonus Question #4: If a Black Warrior and an Iblis Biter engaged in a standoff in the style of Sergio Leone's Once Upon a Time in the West, who would be the last one standing?

Iblis Biter. Both were terribly slow, but the black Warrior especially so. Furthermore, the Biter is made of lava, so just by walking into him, you’re going to catch a nasty amount of damage. That gives him the edge methinks.

Bonus Question #5: Who would you say are your best/closest/etc friends on the Sonic Stadium?

Hmm, I haven’t been nearly as active here since I starting shifting my attention to my work on DA. But I did have a really good time here in the height of the Unleashed Speedrunning thread.

Frokenok3 and Eternal EX were a source of constant entertainment for me then. Hopefully I’ll get back in touch with you guys soon and I can continue my dominant and never ending reign as King of the Rooftops.

Day 31: DAWN OF A NEW DAY

CRRRUSHERRRRR *shakes fist at sky, bemoans existence*

1. CLASSIC SOUNDTRACK: Sonic 3&K, without a doubt. Mostly because I can't remember anything else.

2. MODERN SOUNDTRACK: Sonic Adventure 2, as I spent much of a few days elaborating on. It's so cool that it's like... twice cool, man.

3. FAN-CHARACTER SOUNDTRACK: Actually yeah, I did. A stripety raccoon Sonic named Rocky. If it's any consolation, I was like seven and it was a gift for my bro. I will defend that story to my grave.

4. MORRICONE SOUNDTRACK: Iblis's guys win, because I have a soft spot for underdogs and they would make the most adorable gang of misfit characters I ever did see <3333

5. BEST BUDS SOUNDTRACK: Speederino, Wraith, Element, Endy, Joker, Sloth, Haden, Symbrad, UniDOOM, Akito, Trixie, you, Homem, T-Min, NG, Shrek, and MANY, MANY MORE

NOW IF YOU'LL EXCUSE ME I HAVE A JIG TO DO

• Thumbs Up 5

Tough… Sonic & Knuckles, I suppose? I’m especially fond of the Act 2 Boss theme.

Sonic Adventure 2. Don’t shoot me! City Escape, Live and Learn, etc. I understand SA2 has no shortage of flaws, but it’s nostalgic to me and that’s the end of that.

Bonus Question #3: Have you ever created your own fancharacter, and if so, what are they all about? (Note: Please don't feel ashamed if you have made one/a few, because I believe that there are good Sonic fancharacters out there, overshadowed by the majority as they may be.)

Oh god. I made way too many. Fortunately, they’ve been lost to time.

So I’ll instead talk about Ogilvie, my namesake. He’s… sort of a fancharacter, but sort of not, it’s really weird.

So let’s do a brief recap. The origin story of Sonic, also used in various books and Sonic the Comic, has him start off as a brown dude.

STC70-BrownSonic.jpg

No, I’m not joking.

Then, on top of that, former Archie writer Ken Penders was asked what Sonic’s first name was, since Sonic had kept people from finding out what it was by shutting up his father before he could say it. Penders stated that Sonic’s full name was “Ogilvie Maurice Hedgehog.” Despite Penders’ reputation being… umm, well, pretty sure there are children here so I won’t say it fully, I took a liking to the name. I like the idea of Sonic trying so hard to be cool, and it turns out he has a really embarrassing, borderline lame name. Add in the fact Ogilvie’s a surname and not a given name and it gets even better.

So where does the fancharacter come in? Some more story time. A few years back I decided I wanted to create my own Sonic universe (I’m so original, I know), so I created the “Sonic Shift” comic. It’s pretty much dead now, but it did take on a life of its own. Sonic Shift’s idea was blending the various continuities into one, while also using some ideas of its own.

OgilvieProfile.png

In that comic, the main character is a disgruntled freshly-turned-18-year-old by the name of Ogilvie Maurice. This guy absolutely hates Robotnik with a passion, the latter having caused the deaths of all three of his family members through one method or another. So yeah, lots of hate. One night, while scoping out a meeting between King Elias Acorn (a villain in this continuity) and the Robotnik-admiring Gabriel “Grimer” von Greim (who is a “villain” in the sense he desires to be Robotnik’s senior scientific advisor), Ogilvie is blown up alongside a Chaos vat. He is presumed dead by the local Freedom Fighters and the Robotnik Empire alike.

…it goes without saying he didn’t die, though. He wakes up in the Green Hill Zone and to his shock discovers he’s not only alive, he’s blue, all his quills have regrown to full size despite just having been buzzed, and of course, he has incredible speed and agility… barring the occasional instance where he runs into a tree.

Long story short, he ends up being more or less coerced into joining what remains of the South Island Freedom Fighters, and when asked his name, he crafts the name “Sonic” for himself, associating “Ogilvie” with the name of a powerless freedom fighter who had nothing to look forward to and was seen as expendable by all his so-called allies.

So yes. Ogilvie sort of is/sort of isn’t a fancharacter. I mixed Penders’ name with the origin backstory, while also throwing some of my own ideas in there, particularly that the Sonic of the SS timeline isn’t exactly mentally stable or entirely altruistic.

To promote the comic, I took the name Ogilvie for myself... and it sort of became an identifier and a fursona of sorts, even though it wasn't meant to be. Ogilvie originated as a term to describe Sonic's original state, but it now refers to me as much as the character.

The Black Warrior, because bipeds were meant to rule the world. Hands are easily classed as one of the most OP weapons.

Swords aside, the Warrior would probably bust a cap in that Biter's ass from a fair distance.

I’ll probably miss someone, but I talk frequently to Bishop Graham and Sly4Good. I don't really talk to most off the board. I have met Strong Bad, Emperor Metallix, and Ravenfreak in person and they were all fairly wonderful people; unfortunately I didn't get much time to really speak to Emperor Metallix given Sonic Boom 2013 was over.

I’d say I’m on good terms with most people here. Even if I haven't mentioned you, don't feel left out; if I listed every person I'm on good terms with I'd be here all day!

After all, most recognize me as their board-conquering overlord.

• Thumbs Up 2

DAY 31 BONUS STAGE!

SONIC 3 & KNUCKLES, every song Is amazing in its own way and if it was made today I think it would have a lot of variety. The special stage song is one of my favorites in the series. A close second would be SONIC CD (JP) It has some amazing music, quarts quadrant (present) is one of the best songs in the series, if not one of the best songs in video games all together, it's such a beautiful song.

SONIC ADVENTURE, lots of variety, and has some of the best vocal tracks. It doesn't matter and believe in my self are some of my favorites.

I was about to say no, but I remembered I thought of one years ago. He was a wolf, I don't think I gave him a name, if I did I don't remember what it was. He was an explorer/archeologist, who didn't have any special abilities, so he used what ever was in his backpack, like a grappling hook for example. He never made it out of my head.

I don't get the reference, but I'll say the Iblis Biter, because he's basically magma. It's hard to fight magma.

Well as I said with the previous question I haven't been here very long, so I haven't made any friends yet, but every one seems cool. I will say that if it wasn't for this thread I might not have started posting here, so,

thank you Dr. Crusher.

I’m seriously caught between Sonic 3 & Knuckles, because I grew listening to the soundtrack and loving its music like Launch Base Zone and Lava Reef Zone, and Sonic the Hedgehog CD (Japan), because of how everything sounds so funky and awesome it just screams 90s music and especially I love Collision Chaos and Stardust Speedway. I guess I’ll have to pick Sonic 3 & Knuckles as the one, even though I love Sonic CD’s Japanese soundtrack.

Sonic Adventure, without a doubt in my mind is my favorite Modern Sonic game soundtrack. This soundtrack is what I loved about the modern Sonic games’ soundtrack. The music team of Wave Master would create some really awesome tracks that were diverse in many genres of music. They fit the theme of the level, it’s also atmospheric and I absolutely love Sonic Adventure’s soundtrack.

Bonus Question #3: Have you ever created your own fancharacter, and if so, what are they all about? (Note:Please don't feel ashamed if you have made one/a few, because I believe that there are good Sonic fancharacters out there, overshadowed by the majority as they may be.)

I did. I remember back in my sophomore years in High School that I made a fan character named Drake the Lizard. Drake was a red lizard, having the power of strength and speed and could shoot out spikes from his spines or used them as a means of defense, who had set on a journey to find his missing family and friends who were captured by Eggman’s Badniks. Along the way he meets Sonic and others, Drake plans on sticking them for a while until he finds his friends and family and Dr. Eggman’s Badnik factory is taken down.

Black Warrior, because they’re quite quick on their feet and since their weapons are technologically advanced with its firing rate and good range, they can quickly waste an Iblis Biter.

I can’t really say answer that, because so far I haven’t gotten really buddy-buddy with anyone yet. It might happen eventually, but I just don’t know who yet.

Thanks for the Bonus Questions Dr. Crusher! Once again, it's been really fun. ^^

Gonna have to go for Sonic CD (both versions), with Sonc 2 coming in behind.

Lost World, definetely. It's got soooo many awesome tunes: Honeycomb Highway, Desert Ruins 1, Midnight Owl, Sea Bottom Segue, Dragon Dance, all the variants of the Deadly Six's theme...

...yes... I made one guy named "Stingers the Scorpion" who had pincers for hands, three small eyes around one large eye, and IIRC he was meant to have a cyborg tail. He basically lived underground (think the Penguin from Batman Returns) somewhere - I forget if it was the Sol Dimension or not. He didn't have any powers aside from the fact that his tail could produce a certain toxin/acid whenever a certain Chaos Emerald was put into it.

I literally made him up on the spot about one hour before I had a maths exam for some stupid dA thing I didn't even win, and looking at the thing on my dA page (you might have to dig into Scraps to find it), you can tell it. Trust me, I don't look back fondly on Ol' Stingers.

Probably the Black Warrior by virtue of it actually having a gun.

Easily guys like Dr. Homem, Super Spindash, Komodin, Joker/Starscream/Whatever his name is this week, Indigo Rush, Jovahexon, RosaRosaRosalina, Felix, dwibs93, Vertekins... and Dr. Crusher! IIRC Doc, our shared contempt of Nega was a factor in convincing me to join when I was lurking for about half the year.

With that, ALL QUESTIONS CLEAR!

• Thumbs Up 2

BONUS ROUND OF PRESIDENT CROW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95UT6EbkHzI

Let's get to it!

Question 1!: Favorite Classic OST!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WklPJsbnDTc

Sonic 1!

Eh. This is probably my most nostalgic OST. I always seem to remember it somehow and it always makes me feel good when I hear it. Good stuff

Question 2! Favorite Modern OST!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJA4MokCHSM

Sonic Lost World!

While its not as rocking as Sonic is known for I suppose, I do love the jazzy numbers they use in this soundtrack. I give credit where credit is due.

Question 3! Fancharacters!

Well I did make a couple but I don't remember them. For the ones I remember I vastly changed them into actual characters I wanna use but there is one in particular I do wanna mention.

I did make a fancharacter named Hedgehog Master which was a gray Sonic recolor who was pretty much had Goku's powers. He went around fighting various things, namely his nega self if that makes sense and gets into a lot of hi-jinx. I don't have any art of him any more since I evolved him but I'll say it at that.

Question 4! Black Warrior vs Iblis Biter?

Huh? I dunno either of those but I'll bet on Black Warrior.

But ultimately PRESIDENT CROW WINS!

Question 5! SSMB BESTIES!?

sample-d28f24d70986a6a50e28abca92d725fc_

Jin, SinfulNoir/Noel, Jude/Lhancat/Terumi, and RAGNAR/Ninja Disco Frog/Whatever he goes by these days!

These guys are definitely my best buddies and if it weren't for us dicking around on SSMB, none of us wouldn't had met. And man we've been through a lot together all thanks to some Sonic forum and some anime fighting game. So here's the good times my friends.

And I don't want to leave the rest of you out SSMB. You're all wonderful people here in your own unique way. Whether or not you came here for Sonic or not doesn't matter. What does matter is that you're all here being a part of this fine community and I must thank you all for everything. We would be nothing without each other and we are truly a part of something big.

So that's my 30 days of Sonic SSMB. Thanks for having me and I hope you all had fun typing and reading others responses.

PRESIDENT CROW, PRESIDENT OF SSMB OUT 2 DA NEXT GALAXY!

• Thumbs Up 5

BONUS STAGE:

1. What's your favorite classic soundtrack?

Sonic 3 & Knuckles. The soundtrack fits the zones while all being memorable and I like the 90's pop feel to it.

Would put After the Sequel's if fan games counted, tho.

2. What's your favorite modern soundtrack?

Sonic and the Secret Rings. All the tracks use rock without getting stale, thanks to using middle eastern and orchestral instruments, and the lyrics can give the player insight as to what's going on or how Sonic feels during all this craziness.

3. Have you created a fan character?

Yes, I have! There was a whole mythology to the world he and other characters inhabited. It took place about 800 years after Silver's time and civilization has been rebuilt. In this world, there are robots that look like they were modeled after anthro-animals, forming there own species. There are robots that want to defect and take over the world and a faction that wants the robots to be stripped of their free will.

4. WHO IS THE ULTIMATE?

I'd say the Iblis Biter. If only because I like Iblis' design better

5. Who is your closest friend on SSMB?

You, Crusher. Friend...

• Thumbs Up 2

Day: Extra

Question 1

I'd probably go with Sonic 2 for an overall soundtrack, nice variety and I still love the Sweet Dream ending melody.

Question 2

Very tricky this one. I'll go with Sonic Colours. All the tracks are memorable to me and again I love the ending song.

Question 3

I've never made a fan character aside from me a couple of people jokingly coming up with the worst names we could, none of which I can remember right now sadly.

Question 4

The Black Warrior has a gun but a shoddy aim, the Iblis Biter stands in place and breather 2 feet of fire. The Black Warrior has surely got to accidentally shoot the space the Iblis Biter is in EVENTUALLY so I'd give it to him.

Question 5: This is it Crusher, prepare for another defeat!

Similar to a question that came up in the main 30 days. Like I said there, I don't really talk to people enough to have made proper friends here yet (not an intentional thing and I'm working on it) but in terms of having people around that I can share a joke with then everyone's a friend of mine. I'll give extra mention to The Eleventh Doctor though since I gave him a paragraph in the Member Association Topic. Also, bowties. Yes.

Da Da Da, Da Da Da Da Da Da, Da Da Da, Da, Da Da Da Da. 

...I was...doing the Sonic Cd stage clear theme...no? Right, try again next year.

30 Questions Completed, Question 29 late, Bonus Day Completed

• Thumbs Up 1

1. Favorite classic soundtrack

Sonic CD, the US version. Much as a lot of people tend to dislike it, I find it to be some of the absolute best of Sonic to come out of the Genesis era, and I can't emphasize how much I disagree with those who claim it to be soulless or uninsipired when I consider the opposite to be true. Compared to the Japanese version's J-pop-like tunes, its atmospheric and understated melodies feel much more ingrained in the game's environments and match their surreal imagery perfectly. It's also home to my two favorite vocal songs in the series, each fantastic for specific reasons.

Some other favorites that I feel like mentioning are Sonic 3D (Saturn), Sonic the Fighters, Chaotix, and Sonic 1 8-bit. Oh, and favorite Sonic song of all time? Wacky Workbench Past, despite not belonging to any of the above mentioned soundtracks.

2. Favorite modern soundtrack

Sonic Unleashed, although I tend to listen to it a lot less than other soundtracks such as Generations or Colors. I cite this game however because you can tell a lot of love went into the making of every facet of this game; the night levels are gorgeous while the daytime stages are the perfect complement to Sonic's character and style. Both sets have their own hub music that I can't get enough of, and despite my general disinterest in most Sonic vocal songs, I consider Endless Possibility to be very good, bizarre rap segment notwithstanding.

3. Fan characters

In 2002 I made a fancharacter named Jake, who was a jaguar and modeled heavily (read: essentially a recolor in every way) after Tails. I'm not ashamed to admit this because counting my numerous revamps both in design and overall personality, Jake is my oldest surviving character despite the changes he has endured over the years. He is a plain old cat now, and in contrast with his excitable and adventurous personality of his recolor days, he's a quiet and shy dork who keeps to himself but isn't much one for brooding. He has nothing to do with Sonic now, so he's just another furry character of mine. Here are some of his designs; the very bottom one is his most recent, although I whipped the first image up just a year ago as a joke.

http://i.imgur.com/OgrV3Pb.png

http://i.imgur.com/a0oXBFV.png

4. Black Warrior vs Iblis Biter

Whichever one wasn't in 2006 I guess. I saw the word "iblis" and immediately pretended that I didn't. I don't even know what the other one is.

5. Closest friends

Wolfy and Pelly. I feel like of all of the members who currently are on the forums, they have by far had the most impact on my life and I would be an entirely different person without them. There's nothing I can say that would adequately sum up how much I adore and respect these two. I consider myself pretty close with the other mods too and they are basically my internet family. I love each and every one of them and I wouldn't know what I'd do without them, even once the day comes that I decide to hang up my mod badge.

There are also a few members here with whom I converse somewhat regularly and have helped me through some tough times. Just off of the top of my head, Noire, Solkia, Jez, and Soniko are all just swell people and I am glad I got the chance to get closer to them.

• Thumbs Up 3

1. Ice Cap Zone VS Lava Reef Zone

….it's hard to choose between them.

2. Planet Wisp Act 1

3. I've created my own versions of Chao, each with elemental properties similar to Pokémon. That's about it.

4. The Iblis Biter

5. I would post their Usernames….but I think they changed them since I last met them…:P

(I'm not sure if people who didn't go through the other questions are allowed to answer these or not...if the latter, please disregard this post!)

Sonic CD without a doubt. Both versions too. I could listen to those tracks all day. <3

Sonic Unleashed! Savannah Citadel, Arid Sands, Jungle Joyride...I could go on. It's an amazing soundtrack that actually makes me feel I'm in the level itself. One of the best soundtracks to date.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't, but I can't really remember much about it sorry.

Iblis Biter just because it can breathe fire. :U

Oh boy. I have a lot. Crow/Jin/Ragna/Noel/Chooch/Soniko. These are my bestest friends ever and I couldn't imagine this place being the same without them. They make my SSMB experience all the more pleasant. I love you guys! <3

• Thumbs Up 1

You sneaky devil, Crusher.

Very well, let's get this over with!

1- Though I don't hold any of the 'classic' series in particularly high regard, Sonic 1 is the only one in the series I can hum the music for any given level for.

2- Favourite modern game OST is easy: Sonic Unleashed. The variety of tracks is brilliant, and certain gems really stand out, like Rooftop Run.

3- Hahaha... Ha... Ha? Oh boy. Yeah. Loads of fan characters. Some better than others. Many worse. Anybody who WANTS to see them can take a look through my DeviantArt gallery- I won't post any of them directly, as I'd rather not force everyone to view them.

4- ...Huh? Y'mean the alien foot soldiers from Shadow? Er... I guess the alien would win? Iblis Biters don't really have much offensive capability, and tend to rely on the player running into them, so... Yeah.

5- Closest friends on here. Hm. Gotta be honest, I'm not majorly close to anyone on here. It'd be great to actually meet some of you guys eventually, though. I'm sure a few of us have at least passed by each other at Summer of Sonic. Maybe next time let's stop and chat?

And with that... I believe I'm done. Again. Unless there's a 'Bonus the Day 2' hidden up Crusher's sleeves.

I'm gonna have to go with Sonic 3 & Knuckles here... I enjoyed how the new composers brought a noticeably different tone to the game than Sonic 1 and 2 had, and I think it's a great bridge between the Classic and Modern musical stylingz. If I had to choose just one half of the game, it'd be Sonic & Knuckles.

Sonic Adventure had amazing variation and everything just sounded so unique. We had some pretty jazzy songs, some electronic songs, and some rock songs that put future games' rock to absolute shame.

I don't remember ever drawing up a fancharacter or anything, but as a child I'd use the name Shanic the Raccoon occasionally online, with Shanic not being a reference to the fanmade Shadow/Sonic fusion but rather a mix of Sonic's name and my name, Shane.

Probably the Black Warrior. The Iblis Biter would probably glitch up or something, giving the Black Warrior the chance to attack.

Hmm... Hazel, Fantasy the Almiqui, Steve, Hero of Legend, and Aquaslash I met elsewhere... I am generally acquainted with Katzii on another forum. I don't talk a lot here. I've communicated a bit with Shadzter, SheWhoRantsTooMuch is a sweetheart, I've talked a bit with sonfan1984Ming MingFaseeh, and S0L. If I've missed anyone I deeply apologize.

Also gonna shout out to the Skype crew, I wish my computer worked well enough for me to return!

Bonus day, woo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR41-FLUPwY

The Japanese version of Sonic CD, easily.

I personally love all of the classic soundtracks, US CD aside, but JP CD is just too damn funky. Collision Chaos and Quartz Quadrant are some of the best tunes I think the series has ever faced, and Metallic Madness' epic riffs get stuck in my head every single time.

Also special mention to Sandopolis act 2 from Sonic & Knuckles. My favourite theme out of all of the classic era, it perfectly captures that haunted and abandoned feeling that pyramid takes on whilst really not changing all that much from act 1.

I'm gonna go with Sonic Adventure for this one. It's got so many varied genres-- classic, orchestral, rock, metal, jazz, rap, hip-hop, funk, techno, the list goes on really. Every single level has at least one memorable track that you'll never forget and there's little to no duds in the soundtrack to me, plus the vocal themes' lyrics have so much meaning locked behind them, It Doesn't Matter and My Sweet Passion come to mind regarding that especially.

...yes, I indeed have.

He's a turquoise recolor of Espio... and he throws stones at people as his form of attack.

I WAS SIX YEARS OLD OKAY I LIKE TO FORGET THIS EVER HAPPENED

The Iblis Biter gets the bragging benefit of actually being in a really good game (thank you Gens remake of Crisis City :3) sooooo...

Hoooooo, boy...

XLg1olN.jpg

(Thanks to SheWhoRantsTooMuch for drawing this sometime last year~! And if it isn't obvious I'm Amy. :U)

From the top, I suppose.

AutoDwibsBrad (you're always symbotic to me, nerd)DocAzure, Crusher himselfFelixSlothSoniko, PlaceCakeRosaRantsTomokiChaos WarpSpeederinoSpin AttaxxVerte and w00tkins are without a doubt the people here that stand out most to me. Fun in the status updates and in Skype chats (PMs right now until I bother asking to get into the SSMB chat)  make you guys really stand out to me. Stay awesome.

...I feel like I'm forgetting some people...

Nope, I'm kidding. I'd never forget you guys.

Extra special mentions to Clouder/DaHogCan of Nothing, DizcrybeJude/LhancatSadiq and Sly4Good for our hilarious chats on Skype and also helping me through some pretty tough times. There's no doubt I'm irritating to people sometimes, but regardless of that you guys stick by me no matter what. Thanks a bunch.

Well, that's everything, all 31 days completed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkcmeG73IYs

Once again, thank you so much for this amazing event Crusher, and everyone who took part. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Last story: Bonus questions

1/ My favourite Classic soundtrack would be Sonic 3D Blast Saturn, Its so grand and catchy really and it gives us this gem

2/ My favourite Modern soundtrack is Sonic Generations. This game is Jun's magnum opus, every levels music is brilliantly redone and magical (except Water Palace) and I thank him and his team every day for this track 

3/ Sadly I have. I created a yellow porcupine named Vincent who was Silver's rival in the future. He took advantage of everyone's fear of Iblis and sold weapons at high prices to scared people to defend themselves. In retrospect the idea is ok but the design was so....Scourge.

4/ The two would stare at each other then realise that they are master and pet. The Black Warrior would make a little dog house for his Biter and they'd live out a nice suburban life together until the Biter needs to be put down after a long life, making the Black Warrior unsure of himself and the world.

5/ Chums on the SSMB huh? I don't talk much but I have friended a good few people because I honestly like them. A round of applause for Psychic Time Lord, Eleventh Doctor, Lady Soniko, Doctor MK, CC14, JayZeach, Hogfather, Vertekins, VizardJeffhog, Reggie, DanJ86 and Joker! Your all fantastic and now you are too Dr Crusher! 

• Thumbs Up 2

To me, its Sonic 2. I think I mentioned why in the earlier Soundtrack question - every single level is memorable, as well as the boss music and special Zones. Hell, even Death Egg Zone, first time I stopped to listen to it I enjoyed the different style it went for.

Sonic Adventure for me. Every level seems to get 3 different themes, and they're all brilliant and suit the stage. Its like they were trying to decide which theme to use for a level, and said "Screw it, they're all badass, they're all going in!". And that was a good decision.

Bonus Question #3: Have you ever created your own fancharacter, and if so, what are they all about?

I wouldn't call it a character so much, but I did edit a Tails sprite to symbolise me. I coloured him red, and left it at that to begin with. Once I realised that was really, really lacklustre, I have him a black top and blue jeans. It was more for when I did a crappy sprite comic, to be fair.

Black Warriors have arms and can use guns. To be fair, they're not really good shots, but hey, at least they can take a shot. Gotta say Black Warrior.

uh...uh...I see I have a couple of people on my friends list (when I just checked, there were 2 names on there I didn't even realise I had Friended. Whoopsie). I think the person who's been on there longest, that is still active on SSMB, is Hogfather. Plus, I met him at SoS a couple of times. Hogfather wins by default!

Anyway, congrats Crusher on the successful hosting of this 30 Days thing, though I still worry when (or IF) you go to sleep...

1 - Favourite Classic soundtrack

This is easily Sonic 3 and Knuckles, as it features some of the series most memorable tracks like Ice Cap, Sandopolis Act 2, Flying Battery, Sky Sanctuary, Big Arm and more.

2 - Favourite Modern soundtrack

I regularly listen to Sonic Adventure's, which is probably my ideal soundtrack for a 3D game. I love that it has multiple tracks per level, with fantastic tunes like Azure Blue World, Dilapidated Way, Red Hot Skull and Theme of E102g to name but a few.

3 - Fan character

I drew a short mechanical Sonic named Spiny when I was around 7. It was pretty awful, being bright red instead of blue and blue in Sonic's fleshy places. He had a lot of visible bolts and nails on his spikes, looking a lot more like the retro Silver Sonic than the sleek Metal Sonic. Knuckles (yep, Knuckles) reprogrammed him to guard the Master Emerald, giving him a childlike personality to match his short stature. I mean, why wouldn't you want a child guarding the Master Emerald? XP

4 - One Upon a Time in the West with a Black Warrior and an Iblis Biter

The Iblis Biter cheats by tunneling underground before the slow Black Warrior has a chance to react. As the Biter makes contact with the Warrior, it causes them to both glitch out and die. TIE

5 - Closest friends on the SSMB

Sadly, I've not become close to anyone here. It takes a while for me to get to know people and my long breaks now and then kind of get in the way of that. Perhaps I should reach out more or as Sakurai said, maybe I'll talk to some of you at the next Summer of Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Multiple questions? What is this, an examination on what we've already done?

1. This is actually a really close one. Sonic 2 and Knuckles Chaotix both have extremely stellar soundtracks that I'd listen to pretty much all of in one go. If I had to make a call, it'd be Knuckles Chaotix. I think I just slightly prefer the funky electronic edge that permeates throughout its soundtrack over Sonic 2's eclectic mix.

2. Sonic Heroes, easily. Again, it's just overall more in line with my musical interests, and as a rock fan I do not mind the sheer amount of guitars present. Runners up would be Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Unleashed, surprisingly enough. Even if the games aren't my absolute favourites, they have an exciting variety with a multitude of hits. Unlike most people, I don't like Sonic Adventure's soundtrack too much.

3. I certainly have. As a matter of fact, right now I have four fancharacters I'd say were active. One is a salamander called Stix who uses his sensitive digits to help him do underwater missions, one is a natterjack toad called Izzy who can use bows and arrows to assist in his farm job (and is also quite quick for his stature), one is a lungfish called Shelley who was really a test of applying the SegaSonic style to fish, and the last is a gnat called Emma who is probably the closest to being a "Sonic persona".

4. I'd say the Iblis Biter because I have a reptile bias and they're just basically fantasy lava reptiles. To be honest though, they're both so dumb that they'd likely just end up in a double KO. Or Sonic would come in and kick both of their asses.

5. I've said before, I don't define the people I see on here as "friends" in the tradition sense of the word, and that I'd place them more as acquaintances. If you really want to know who would be the closest of them though...I'd say anyone I know from the Sega Forums as well as here, and then Komodin and Fat Panda. Then everyone else in multiple circles around that. I dunno.

And that's the end of that.

• Thumbs Up 1