Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

Ooooh goody bonuses! biggrin.png

Bonus Question #1: What's your top favourite soundtrack from a CLASSIC game?

Sonic CD, and as I have said elsewhere I do like both of the soundtracks but the Japanese/EU one just about edges it as my favourite. :V

It's crisp, it's cool... it's a cider? No... I mean it's CD quality music, and I like how each zone has it's own theme and the Past, Present and Future are all variations on it.

Also it has this, yeah;

Bonus Question #2: What's your top favourite soundtrack from a MODERN game?

Sonic Unleashed. Because there's so much variation in there and it has some very catchy tunes.

Bonus Question #3: Have you ever created your own fancharacter, and if so, what are they all about? ]

Errr.. yeah, sure when I was like 8! XD I actually had several, including a whole world-building exercise but the only one I am willing to admit to is my first one; her name was Spinney Taylor (spinney is British slang for a small forest and Taylor because er, it sounds a but like Tails I guess? I dunno, I was 8!!) and she was basically a less psychotic fox version of Amy Rose. She was, obviously, a bit obsessed with Tails. biggrin.png She was also a waitress in a chilli dog restaurant. Yeah, it was during those days.

Bonus Question #4: If a Black Warrior and an Iblis Biter engaged in a standoff in the style of Sergio Leone's Once Upon a Time in the West, who would be the last one standing?

Umm, can I go with a draw? They both shoot each other at the same time? biggrin.png

Bonus Question #5: Who would you say are your best/closest/etc friends on the Sonic Stadium?

The folks who I already know from STCO, so people like Stiv and Adamis and a looong time ago, I'm sure Hogfather posted there. tongue.png However I don't think they're particularly active posters on here... and I haven't really made any actual friends through SSMB itself. Sorry, guys! biggrin.png

Sonic 2 takes the cake for me. I can't help but love all the tracks raging from Emerald Hill to Hill Top Zone. And Eggman's theme in that game. Hoo boy. Can we say best Eggman theme ever? 

Sonic and the Black Knight. Okay so maybe I've never played the game, but I do enjoy listening to the soundtrack. Tracks like Dragon's Lair and Crystal Cave are some of my favourite in the entire series. And let's not forget the amazing vocal tracks like Through the Fire and Knight of the Wind.

Bonus Question #3: Have you ever created your own fancharacter, and if so, what are they all about?

I'll be honest about this one. Yes. But I only ever did a small sketch. I can't remember exactly but I think it was a female rabbit with the colour palette of Amy and clothes similar to those of the modern Sally in the Archie Comics. 

Bonus Question #4: If a Black Warrior and an Iblis Biter engaged in a standoff in the style of Sergio Leone's Once Upon a Time in the West, who would be the last one standing?

Obviously an Iblis Biter. That thing would tear a Black Warrior to pieces with those teeth. Not to mention the lava body would probably burn him upon contact. 

Bonus Question #5: Who would you say are your best/closest/etc friends on the Sonic Stadium?

Friends? With an s? Ha ha... Um well I have made a few friends here but I've never really had a conversation with them besides Crash. But man, Crash. He's awesome. I was honestly surprised the first time he messaged me here, as no one had ever done that before and as soon as I saw that message I instantly knew we'd become friends. So yeah, I've had a few conversations with Crash and we've played Loadout on Steam together. Good times. As for other members, although I haven't talked via PM, I've had small conversations with on several threads and status updates. I don't want to mention any specific names, because I don't want people feeling left out if I don't mention them. I'm at good terms with all members here and I'm always glad to have discussions with others. 

More questions?! Okay here we go. X3

What's your top favourite soundtrack from a CLASSIC game? Sonic 3 and Knuckles hands down! Love the variety of music within each stage and the Michael Jackson-esque tracks are amazing.

What's your top favourite soundtrack from a MODERN game? Sonic Adventure 2, once again for its wide range of music genres including rock, hip hop and electro. My favourite being the hip hop tracks, obviously.

Have you ever created your own fancharacter, and if so, what are they all about? Iris the otter! She's a baby blue coloured otter who wears a tank top, short skirt and sandals and she's obviously a great swimmer. I haven't used this character for a loooong time but she used to be my OC back when I was really into Sonic.

If a Black Warrior and an Iblis Biter engaged in a standoff in the style of Sergio Leone's Once Upon a Time in the West, who would be the last one standing? Errr..I'd say Iblis Biter since, unlike Black Warrior, he has a huge gob and could easily lunge forward and bite Black Warrior to pieces! Even if Black Warrior was armed with a weapon he wouldn't be fast enough to see Iblis Biter coming at him with its massive jaws.

Who would you say are your best/closest/etc friends on the Sonic Stadium? I like a lot of the members here but the closest friends are Kevin, Jovah, Teoskaven, Verte, Felix, Roborick, Al Gore and of course Kaabiitorori who is not only a close friend of mine but also my boyfriend! <3 You guys are awesoooome.

This was great fun Dr Crusher. Thanks a lot for organising it!

• Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_inline_n2r5vuessA1spvrli.png

Zzzzzz... Zzzzzz... Zzz...

I'll Would you believe me for a second, or even a minute, if I were to inform you of the very real and serious possibility that there is, in fact, shall we say... an extra day?

tumblr_inline_n2r5uzaLuc1spvrli.png

...eh? Huh?

...oh all right all right, let's do this...

My favourite Classic soundtrack is: Sonic 1.

My favourite Modern soundtrack is: Sonic Lost World.

My fan characters created are: none.

The winner of the match is: Iblis Biter because... I don't know, I just like Iblis more.

My best friends in alphabetical order are: ChaosIncarnate, Dr. Crusher, Kiah, and Naid.

I hope these things I just wrote are legitimate sentences. Can I go back to sleep now?

I'm really sorry if this post looks really poor but at the moment I'm not in the right mood

unsure.png

• Thumbs Up 5

Day 31: Bonus Questions!

The last day of Dr Crusher's 30 Days of Sonic The Hedgehog comes to an end! But not without some bonus questions which I'll gladly answer, so here we go then~

Question No. 1: What's your top favourite soundtrack from a CLASSIC game?

Sonic CD Japanese/European Version. I love the upbeat rhythm and the 90s feel of the soundtrack composed by Naofumi Hayata compared to the North American's ambient focused one by Spencer Nilsen (its boss theme is scary as heck!). Sonic The Hedgehog 3 is a really close second to me as well, with Michael Jackson's involvement and Jun Senoue's first composer work as acknowledgments to take in mind alongside many others who were involved in their composition.

Question No. 2: What's your top favourite soundtrack from a MODERN game?

Sonic Adventure 2. One of my favourite soundtracks of all time and possibly the finest work accomplished by Jun Senoue and the rest of the cast. Sonic Unleashed is a close second for its tremendous diversity and use of different genres, being my favourite from Tomoya Ohtani's work.

Question No. 3: Have you ever created your own fancharacter, and if so, what are they all about?

Straight answer: Nope. I am not considered an OC creator at all, sooo yeah... XD

Question No. 4: If a Black Warrior and an Iblis Biter engaged in a standoff in the style of Sergio Leone's Once Upon a Time in the West, who would be the last one standing?

Iblis Biter. It's a freakin' lizard ON FIHAH! 'Nuff said. XD

Question No. 5: Who would you say are your best/closest/etc friends on the Sonic Stadium?

As I already have mentioned back on Day 25, my closest friend on the Sonic Stadium community is without any doubt Gabz Girl and, as we both have mentioned, we are also together as a couple. =3 As I have mentioned back then as well, I joined the Stadium a couple of months ago and I haven't established as many contacts as I would have liked, but again, I am always open for a good chat on Skype and befriend lots'o nice people around here. =)

Alright then! With all that said, I want to say thank you to Dr Crusher for these amazing 30 Days of Sonic The Hedgehog. It's sad this challenge has to come to an end, but all I can say is I have had lots of fun posting on this topic! Kudos for all the hard work and for granting us this amazing opportunity, which I can gladly say that I have enjoyed it so much; you are awesome! =D

• Thumbs Up 1

Bonus Question 1:

My favourite Classic Soundtrack is Sonic 3D Blast (at the moment, it changes quite a lot. Either version, I just think the tracks are catchy and fitting to their zones. Very good vibes from the songs.

Bonus Question 2:

My favourite Modern Soundtrack is Sonic Colours. Good mix of genres, and I love guitars and soundtrack incorporates them very well. I love playing the game for these songs.

Bonus Question 3:

No, no I have not. The concept of a fan character, and using them in my own stories has never appealed to me. It's just something I don't find fun.

Bonus Question 4:

Erm... Black Warrior. They're a well equipped race. Well trained, buff. The Biter seems a bit of a weakling compared...

Bonus Question 5:

To name a few, Anna/Felix II would probably be the closer of my friends, we talk a lot. But to be honest, I consider everyone on my friends list as a friend like that. They're all cool people and deserve praise. There's also a few others but you know, I don't want to make a long list.

Wait, there's more questions?. Sorry guys, back into the capsule you go...

Now for my answers, in the same order as the questions presented:

1. Sonic the Fighters has one of the most dynamic soundtracks ever. It sucks that none of its music has ever been remixed or even acknowledged in later games...
  2. I really like Lost World's soundtrack, not just because of how diverse it is, but because a lot of the music is just amazing.
  3. While I've never been that into fan characters, I once created an electrokinetic ferret named Ampere. I never actually used him in anything though, so I'm not sure if he counts.
  4. That depends on what kind of weapon the Black Warrior has. Otherwise, I imagine the Iblis Biter would have the advantage.
  5. Didn't I answer something like this before? That's okay, I'll just answer it again. I consider Ogilvie, Jet Prower, and Sonikku/ to be my closest friends here.

...Suddenly Bonus Round...

Um...Okay?

Question No. 1: What's your top favourite soundtrack from a CLASSIC game?

Sonic 3&Knuckles without question, I love every piece of music from that game. Its soo catchy, and I'd go back time and time again to listen to it when I have the chance. I'm always trying to time my actions with the music when playing the game if I'm not just simply "ducking" to it already.

Question No. 2: What's your top favourite soundtrack from a MODERN game?

In terms of which game has the most tracks that I like: That would be...Sonic Colors, its such an amazing soundtrack. Each track is just so wonderful and so good to give a listen. The 8-bit remixes are also very good. The music in this game just makes the levels so much more enjoyable to play than they actually were.

Question No. 3: Have you ever created your own fancharacter, and if so, what are they all about?

Never have I once made a "fan-character" of...Anything! I have a harder time trying to make them look original than I do with those that are my own originals.

Question No. 4: If a Black Warrior and an Iblis Biter engaged in a standoff in the style of Sergio Leone's Once Upon a Time in the West, who would be the last one standing?

What is this, I don't even...?!?

*Question unanswer-able*

Question No. 5: Who would you say are your best/closest/etc friends on the Sonic Stadium?

...um...

*Question unanswer-able*

BONUS ROUND GO

Favourite classic Sonic soundtrack:

http://youtu.be/8Y6Hk4KI4as

That's gotta be my earliest Special Stage up there.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles. My most memorable tunes are in here. Ice Cap (the ice levels where always a favourite in my childhood for whatever reason), Launch Base (love that "GO, GO, GO-GO-GO-GO" in the background) Flying Battery and Hydro City (both for the same reason: the differences between the act 1 and 2 music. The act 2 songs give the impression of a much more pressing need to get to Robotnik. I mean, listen to this: http://youtu.be/_T7hdIh-gtw

And compare it to this: http://youtu.be/wDTqpIPLGx4

You see what I mean?)

And finally, one that you actually need to remove the "& Knuckles" part to hear:

http://youtu.be/2V76oNRWRAs

Would you believe I actually prefer ending themes that aren't just a clusterfuck of level music?

Favourite modern Sonic Soundtrack:

This question is a tad unanswerable. Mainly 'cos I'm torn between the two Adventure games. Adventure 1 for the nastalgia. Adventure 2 for the reason that was mentioned by Kaabii up there, it's basically Jun Senoue's masterwork.

Have you ever created your own fan character:

No. Although my two OC's could pass maybe, possibly pass for Sonic characters...with some tweaking. Although that wasn't their purpose :P

Black Warrior vs Iblis Biter:

Black Warrior is basically the extension of Black Doom's brutal hive mind. Iblis Biter is the extension of Iblis, who in turn is the extension if Solaris, the god of time. I'd say Black Warrior pretty darn outmatched...

Who are you best/closest friends?:

Mark. We talk a lot through PM, and we can relate to eachother. He's a great guy to talk to. Love ya Mark :)

Another, who actually doesn't log on here all that much: Adamis. Again, we can relate to each other, we have a lot of things in common, and he's just been generally helpful and supportive with my art stuff, particularly now that I've joined StCO :)

Speaking of StCO, Mambo, your pretty awesome too. I may not have spoken with you that much, but you're always fun to interact with :D

I also have an acquaintanceship with Meliden. A familiar face from BumbleKing who is about as enthusiastic of Archie Sonic as I am.

Bonus Day!

Hmm I wasn't suspecting this (ok a little but not much!)

Definitely has to be Sonic 3 & Knuckles for me. I has loads of great tunes like Hydrocity Zone, Flying Battery and Sky Sanctuary (<3). I love how each act has a slightly different tune which builds on the one from Act 1.

Hmm, I would say Generations, but that seems a little easy. So i'll say its a draw between Adventure and Unleashed. Unleashed is great and contains a wide variety of music and instruments while Adventure just fits. These soundtracks gave us tunes such as Sky Deck A Go Go! Mechanical Resistance, Cool Edge and Rooftop Run.

Bonus Question #3: Have you ever created your own fancharacter, and if so, what are they all about?

Yes I have, he was a green hedgehog with Tails' little fringy bits, a red full length coat, fingerless gloves and a sword. He was my first fancharacter and has gone through many revisions, firstly just being a straight up recolour of sonic. I really need to update him sometime soo. He has a sword that he can uses to attack and Jewels that he uses in his shoes, similar to those from 06 (but not broken). He had a backstory involving my friend's FC where both of their homes were attacked by an evil group and his brother was thought to be killed along with many others. In the end he finds the group and fights one of their higherups who turns out to be his brother who had lost his memory, but had been getting it back slowly and after fighting he remembers and they reunite to take down the group. Yeah it wasnt very good but I was proud of it at the time.

Obviously they would both loose to the might of Dr. Crusher!
seriously though the Black Warrior can use weapons and appears to be a faster moving target, while the Iblis Biter could just be reincarnated again and again. Hmm I think this is probably going to go to the Black Warrior because they can use ranged weapons and are slightly faster.

Hmm, im ashamed to say I don't really know many of the members here all that well, i'd probably say Ogilvie, Mando, Jova and Super Soniko. Of course its not just limited to those guys I love you all!

• Thumbs Up 1

Day X-zone: Bonus questions!

Favourite Classic soundtrack?

Sonic 1. It has Star Light Zone, Spring Yard, Scrap Brain, Labyrinth and that superb staff roll theme. That kind of variety and consistent quality is music to my ears (huehue).

Favourite Modern soundtrack?

Adventure 2. It's got a great diverse library of sound; from shredding guitars to cheesy rap and smooth jazz, everything is there. and it's all enjoyable -- the level themes, the character themes, even the cutscene scores (which are amazing, by the way).

Have you ever created your own fancharacter?

Nope. I have assumed control of "Zero the artificial hedgehog" for an animation though.

Black Warrior vs. Iblis Biter?

Black Warrior because guns.

Best/closest friends here at SSMB?

I don't really have many friends here -- I haven't really bonded with anyone, probably due to being new and all, and not sharing interests with anyone. That said, there are some who have been exceptionally pleasant since I came here, so a big thanks to Crash for his supportiveness and Doc Homem for both his jokes that make me crack up and his personable attitude.

--

I already said all my thanks on day 30, so I'll just gloat here:

Pants cleared the Final Zone! Ya-hooo!

• Thumbs Up 1

Bonus Question 1:
My favourite Classic Soundtrack is Sonic CD EU/JP. Naofumi Hataya and Masafumi Ogata are freaking Sonic OST GODS. I've adored CD's OST ever since I stumbled across MP3's on the now long-defunct Sonic Foundation fansite for the first time. What I find endearing about it in particular is the way each zone has an extremely distinct musical theme to it that is carried over in all level timeframe themes. That's genius. And it gives each zone a kind of identity in a way.

Bonus Question 2:
My favourite Modern Soundtrack is Sonic Unleashed. The variety of instruments used to give real cultural flavor to each country's themes is astounding, especially the Gamelan used for Adabat's hub themes. And yet it still sounds "Sonic" despite this incorporation of cultural flavor to the music. Some of my absolute fave songs in the series originate from Unleashed and overall the OST is a great accomplishment.

Bonus Question 3:
I only have one FC; Verte Sinople, a Tailless Tenrec I created WAAAAYYY back in 2005. I made her design revolve around the colours and textures seen in Sonic CD's Quartz Quadrant in the Past timeframe because I wanted to 1 - Make a character based entirely on a Sonic game zone and 2 - Have a unique subject to practice pixel art techniques on back then as a newbie pixel artist. I elaborate more on her here - http://greenyvertekins.tumblr.com/post/79282717075/do-you-have-a-fan-character

Bonus Question 4:
Iblis Biter. Lava-bites must burn...

Bonus Question 5:
Kiah and Crusher are easily my closest friends and I have the greatest degree of trust in them biggrin.png In fact, if there's one thing I'd like to accomplish in life, it's to meet them RL. I get along very well with Amomynous and it's fun to discuss the finer details of characterization and stories with her as we have a mutual liking for the Storybook games. Same goes for DC111.

• Thumbs Up 4

People have already mentioned it and I actually agree on them is Sonic CD (JP/EU version). While Sonic 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles are very very close and some days they are my favourite soundtracks (50hz for Sonic 1 though), I decided to go for Sonic CD due to having the soundtrack consistant between the time eras with good future being a happy take while bad future being a depressive/menacing take of the song. I don't think that there is a song that I don't like throughout the soundtrack, plus the songs mentioned on a previous 30 Days of Sonic have been hard choices and missed out on Stardust Speedway, the other mixes of Metallic Madness/Wacky Workbench as well as the Special Stage. The special stage is one of my favourite songs in the game. I think I would have been impressed if I managed to have both a Mega CD and Sonic CD back in 1993/1994 due to the superior sound quality compared to the SNES and the Amiga (these two are sampled, stuff like the Mega Drive is chiptune).

Plus I don't know any other game that samples "Work That Sucker to Death" and managed to make it fitting especially the Quartz Quadrant boss.

Can I take the easy option and say Sonic Generations? I do like the soundtracks to Sonic Colours (with 4 favourite songs and some others that I like), a few songs to Lost World, Adventure and even Heroes even though I prefer the beta Casino Park to the final however Generations pushes it to the top. It isn't because Green Hill and Chemical Plant are there (Casino Night as well for the 3DS version), it is because of the handling of the songs. There are songs that are faithful to the originals with some extra punch such as the improved drums in Chemical Plant or a changed instrument, the remixes of the songs are also pretty good with Rooftop Run Classic being one of my favourite songs of the series. The few new music tracks such as the White Space and the Time Eater, I also found to be pretty good.

The only thing that I didn't like was one of the mission songs being just a simple beat. Plus the soundtrack is pretty much Sonic's Greatest Hits even if calling that is a bit over the top.

Bonus Question #3: Have you ever created your own fancharacter, and if so, what are they all about? (Note: Please don't feel ashamed if you have made one/a few, because I believe that there are good Sonic fancharacters out there, overshadowed by the majority as they may be.)

This is actually iffy to say. A Sonic fancharacter? Nope however there has been what can be considered a recolour of a character partly linked to the Sonic series. It was a Dynamite Dux character recolour to a duck colour, then again the two characters in that game are recolours of each other anyway and Bean who is an official Sonic character is a slight alteration of Bin and Pin.

The reason why I haven't mentioned much about it is because it has got some changes through the years and the chance that it might happen someday. Some of the changes include a redesign, own characters from love interests and friends to villains and not in the Sonic or the Dynamite Dux style (there are hedgehogs in it however look more of an actual hedgehog than Sonic, Shadow, Silver and Amy) and different locations to Sonic & co. It is pretty much top secret if I mention more.

To be honest, I don't even know who they are apart from that they appeared in a Sonic game. From the names alone, a warrior sounds stronger than a biter so it ends up being the last one standing. Plus Black Warrior reminds me of Arrival of the Black Warriors from Double Dragon and Double Dragon has various strong enemies including the strong Abobo (Abobo and Black Warrior both have strong muscles) so that would be my guess.

This is actually quite touching but sadly I don't have any friends whether it is here or anywhere else. The closest people that I had despite more of a brief encounter and even then it is very small talk are Komodin, Dr. Crusher and Verte. Komo who write in my opinion pretty good stories and is easy going towards members who tries to be friendly as possible. Dr. Crusher is an intelligent, yet humourous and friendly person and even though he has some issues (that I can relate myself), he tries his best and is likeable. Verte really is passionate regarding Sonic and has made intelligent posts, and is understanding as well.

Just hope one day that I will be able to answer this question with confidence. :)

MISSION ALL OVER.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic 3 and Knuckles easily wins the spot for my all time favorite Classic Sonic soundtrack. Not to say the soundtracks for Sonic 1 and 2 were bad, but Sonic 3 and Knuckles has tracks like Hydrocity Act 2, Carnival Night Act 1, both Acts of Ice Cap, the Boss Themes, Flying Battery, Lava Reef, Sky Sanctuary and--most especially--Doomsday Zone going for it. The way I see it, none of the other classics come close to it in terms of musical majesty.

Sonic Adventure 2 has my overall top favorite soundtrack from the Adventure-onwards games. Again, that’s not to say that the soundtracks from the other modern Sonic games are bad (really, only the entirety of Sonic Chronicles and the vast majority of the Sonic Rivals games’ tracks fits that bill); it’s just that compared to them, this offers so much more variety to its music choices. Whether it’s Sonic’s hard-ish rock, Knuckles’s hip-hop/rap, Shadow’s techno or Rouge’s jazz, there’s always something that I’m more than willing to listen to for hours on end. Seriously, it’s this game that I have the most tracks of in my personal music collection--I like its soundtrack that much!

Yes, I have, actually. 

It was a tall, elite Komodo Dragon badnik called the Dragobotnik (I wasn’t exactly an original sort of fellow back then). He was basically an assistant robot for Eggman, kinda like Scratch and Grounder or Orbot and Cubot, except Dragobotnik was the Grounder/Cubot to Metal Sonic’s Scratch/Orbot. In fact, back in the day, I think around 2004, I actually wrote up a little adaptation of Sonic Advance where he (and Metal Sonic) replaced Eggman as the Big Bads while the good Doctor was prepping up his Egg Fleet. If I can remember correctly, it featured parts where Eggman threatened to have him melted down if he screwed up with maintaining the Cosmic Angel space station from said game. I think I wrote him as a comical, overly boisterous and loud mouthed badnik that used to piss Metal Sonic off with his genre blindness.

… Hmm, maybe I should reuse him in a future story sometime… 

I’d say the Thriller LizardIblis Biter would be the victor of such a standoff. It’s a lizard-like creature made out of active lava. Any bullet from the Black Warrior would probably pass through it with little effect or just melt on its 1,000+ degree skin. From there, the Black Warrior would just angrily fire at it, to no avail while the Biter just sighs. From there, since the Black Warrior doesn’t have such an advantage, the Biter would just shoot in the head or something. The alien’s head is huge--it won’t be a missable target.

… Well, that’s a tough one to answer.

I want to say that those folks are Kiah, Robo Rick, Felix, Don Corleone, and our own Crusher, but… it just doesn’t seem all that right to me to put them on the spot for this. This is not because I hate any one of you guys -- an earlier post of mine about a similar subject would easily disprove that. It’s just that I was raised to not really be one to go for picking favorites for this sort of thing--it just doesn’t feel right for me to pick a certain group of people over others in this regard. Honestly, you’re all either my friends, my acquaintances, or people whom I’m generally cool with. The way I see it, that’s the best way to describe what I feel about this subject. You’re all really cool in my book--I just hope that you all are cool with me.

I’ve already said this before, but once again, thank you for making this thread, Crusher. It was quite a blast. smile.png
  • Thumbs Up 4

Bonus Question 1:

I refuse to count Sonic CD's soundtracks among the Classics, because its obviously of higher quality and is already in league of its own. So, Sonic 3D Blast's Genesis soundtrack by far. Green Grove, Diamond Dust, Panic Puppet, HECK the intro theme- it's Sonic Genesis music going out on a high note, beautifully summed up by the Credits theme.

Bonus Question 2:

God, such a tough question. I really want to say Sonic Rush, being the Hideki Naganuma music whore that I am, but Sonic Unleashed's OST has it all. Such a diverse range of songs varying from multiple musical genres, inspired by the world locations the game takes you to. Backyard Jazz, Oriental Ballads, Electric Rock, whatever. There's something to be found here for everyone. Can't forget about Endless Possibility and Dear my Friend either. Best song of the bunch would have to go to Savannah Citadel Night, however. It's just so soothing and fits the beautiful night trek of the African inspired Mazuri at night impeccably.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoLN6uVtb_o

Bonus Question 3:

Never. I'm not one to create random Sonic characters, I'm happy with the ones I have right now, thank you very much. tongue.png If I ever did some day, you can bet your ass he's a lazy bastard that of course doesn't take after me, though...

Bonus Question 4:

I never played Shadow or got far enough in 06 to really know either enemies well, but Iblis Biter I suppose? If not that, best be left to a coin toss. 

Bonus Question 5:

• SonicDude, who has remained a vigilant and always stellar bro to be around and talk to. It's been a pleasure commentating on Sonic games and just getting to know each other, and I have you to thank for all of it. smile.png
  • Jovahexeon, who I've known since my Sega Forums days, and continues to be an enlightening comrade with a heart of gold spunk, as always.
  • Knucklesgirl, such a sweet, kind, and gentle person who is quick to make friends with anyone. Just an all around amazing person.
  • And last but in no way least, TamilSoni, who I've had had the pleasure of getting to know better as time passes through our daily Skype chats. An introvert with exquisite taste that can be very personable if you get the pleasure of chatting up with him, he's just a guy I'm proud to know.
  • Some special shouts to other fellow broskis I've got massive respect for would definitely be Crash, Dejimon11, FearTear, ImPantsAtThis, MegaMonster54, Kiah, Princess Ganondorf, RoboRick, and root08. All of you mentioned make my forum-going experience amazing. Here, a giant cookie for all of ya. biggrin.png

Late posting this as I literally just discovered this minutes before posting, but thanks for the ride Crusher. It was great being able to talk about Sonic after a while without coming off as a broken record as I have the past few months. I salute you for all the hard work you've clearly poured into this, and I can't express my gratitude enough. So Merci, and Adieu 30 days topic, it's been a pleasure. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Ah, a bonus round. This oughta be interesting;

1) My favorite classic soundtrack would have to be the one from Sonic 3 & Knuckles. With the tunes of Hydrocity, Marble Garden, Ice Cap Zone, Flying Battery, and Lava Reef among the rest, I find them to be the most memorable of all the classic songs in general.

2) As for the modern games, I want to say Generations, but with the fact that all but one song in there is a remix.... eh. So, I'll go for a soundtrack that is mostly original and say Unleashed. I find that the songs fit their respective countries well and it's just another element that shows the care and passion that went into this game.

3) Oh yes, I've create fan characters. My username is actually derived from one of my original FCs, actually. Right now, however, I'd like to focus on my newest creation;

His name's Hal Vesper and he is a wolf. And yes, I know wolves are one of the most oft-used species for FCs... but I like canines, okay? He is a reflective sort, often spending nights in his home town of Empire City quietly thinking about life. He is also able to hide within the shadows for brief moments. More about him can be seen on my tumblr here; http://snowcappedrose.tumblr.com/post/81260808214/thats-right-people-i-create-fan-characters-like

4) I'd go for the Iblis Biter. Why? Because it has freaking fire breath. That's all you need to know.

5) This is a tough one, considering I don't really associate with anyone here all that much. I mean, I talk to Verte via PM every now and then and I chat with Speederino on Skype on occasion. And there are others I've had conversations with but... I dunno, I feel like I should better associate with people here in the wake of this question. ^^;;

Yes, okay. This bonus round was a surprise. It is also entirely optional... 

There is no such thing as a "unanswerable" question. Now whether one knows the answer to a question or whether you want to answer the question or not is another thing. Anyway, seeing that everyone else has answered these questions in this round so far, I can't accept this if you want the bonus day badge and I won't accept it, either. So please change your replies to these questions if you want the badge. Question #4 is a joke by the way, so feel free to answer it accordingly.

I mean that Questions 4 and 5 are "Unanswer-able" to Me, as in...I seriously am not able to answer the questions. I know it was an optional round, but I would've felt weird if I didn't answer the 3 questions that I actually was able to answer...

The badges aren't even my reason for even answering the questions, its really just participation.

B-B-B-B-BONUS ROUND!

Favourite OST from Classic era
Going with Sonic 2. Chemical Plant, Casino Night, Metropolis Zone, SKY CHASE <3 They're all such amazing tunes.

Favourite OST from Modern era
Unleashed, no contest. From the fast paced Day stages, to the smooth and jazzy Night stages, it's a fantastic soundtrack to listen to. Really fitting for a world adventure.

Your fan-character
I never made one. Thank Christ...

If a Black Warrior and an Iblis Biter engaged in a standoff in the style of Sergio Leone's Once Upon a Time in the West, who would be the last one standing?
Superman, of course.

Best/closest/etc friends on the Sonic Stadium?
Well, I'm not so good with talking about other people, so I'll just say that if you have mentioned me in your post, you're definitely a friend of mine. And if not, I probably still like you regardless biggrin.png. Big shoutout to the folks in the SSMB Skype Chat. You're all lovely people and I sincerely mean that. As with everyone else on SSMB. Stay cool, friends!

BONUS ROUND

Hmm, well, I haven't exactly been participating too much in this thread as of late, but I suppose I'll get this in at the last minute while I still can. SO

QUESTION JUAN: Either Sonic 2 or Sonic CD US. Sonic 2 is basically the definitive Classic Sonic soundtrack, while CD has the best atmosphere and is probably my most nostalgic personally. Both are fantastic, either way.

QUESTION TOE: Sonic Colors, no question. Pretty much every song is delightfully energetic, wonderfully instrumented, and tons upon tons of fun.

QUESTION TREE: I created a few in my younger days. "Dark the Hedgehog" (of course) was a Shadow recolor with Sephiroth spikes who had psychic powers - like, actual psychic powers, not Silver's psychokinesis. As in, she could see things that people were doing or actually travel inside people's minds. Also, she was really angsty and had a dark disposition, hence the name. 13-year-old T-Min was at least clever enough to avoid Mary Sue and gave her powers some pretty heavy drawbacks if she wasn't careful with them, so there's that, I suppose. She was also really tsundere for Shadow. T-Min came up with this really convoluted mythology inspired by Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children and Sonic 06 that involved her being from this apocalyptic future where she fought Nazo (yes, that Nazo) and succeeded but nearly died or something, then she was sent back in time along with three "pieces" of Nazo that she had to kill and I think she lost her memory too and I don't know, it was weird. I was going to write a fanfiction about it, but I didn't get very far. Oh yeah, and I also gave her a love of reading, particularly horror novels. Of course. I guess she was kind of original by recolor standards, but eh...

Also, there was Sara the Echidna, a purple Knuckles recolor who was Knuckles' sister. I came up with a weird mythology involving her as well where she could actually physically channel Chaos Emerald energy through her body because she had blue eyes instead of the typical echidna purple and that was a sign of her special ability or something? Yeah, I don't know. Anyway, once upon a time, she tried to channel the energy of the Master Emerald because it would bring great prosperity to the echidna tribe, but then she accidentally unleashed Chaos who nearly destroyed everything, so she sealed herself in the Emerald with Chaos out of angst. Then when Chaos was released in Sonic Adventure, she was released again too - with amnesia, of course - and now she has an affinity for exploring ruins because that's what she likes to do. 

(Geez, I'm surprised I remember all this stuff...)

My favorite of them all was Pyro the FoxBat. Yeah. My rationalization of this was that he was from Blaze's dimension where such a thing was somehow physically possible. He had a massive affinity for fire because he had fire powers of course, and was also deathly afraid of water like all fancharacters. Except water and cold actually physically weakened him. I don't know how that made sense when it didn't do the same to Blaze, but oh well. I envisioned his personality as a bit of a womanizer, always going after the "chicks" and having delusions of grandeur. He did this indiscriminately to all female characters (much to their chagrin), but especially Amy, for whom he saw Sonic as a competitor for his affections. I think I came up with him because I realized that two of my characters were technically recolors, and I wanted to make one that was somewhat original. This was what I came up with. Oh well. I definitely liked him a lot more than the other two.

QUESTION FAWR: Don't know anything about Once Upon a Time in the West, but I'm gonna go for the Black Warrior. He's the original, after all. Plus, he can use ranged weaponry. I think that puts him at an advantage.

QUESTION FIEF: Discoid, Place, Soma, Soniman, Chooch, Komodin, Xenos, Wolfy, Celestia, Kiah, and of course, Crusher (;D), though those are far from all the people I hold in high regard around here. 

So yes!

Though I suppose I haven't exactly been on top of posting here, it has been a good time, and it was a very nice event to bring out some enthusiasm for the series here. It's also great that it avoided a lot of the generic questions. I just...honestly couldn't think of a good answer for a lot of them.

But yeah! Guess that's it!

• Thumbs Up 5

Day Bonus Challenge
30/30 Days Completed

sss_sonic15.png

BONUS LEVEL START!

Bonus Question #1: What is your favorite CLASSIC Sonic soundtrack
Sonic CD hands down. Honestly, there is just nothing that can beat it, especially if we combine the US/JP soundtracks together. The music beautifully capture the Present, Past, Good Future, and Bad Futures in the levels. 

800px-Good_future_wallpaper.png

Bonus Question #2: What is your favorite MODERN soundtrack?

No competition for me, again. Sonic Generations is hands down my favorite modern Sonic soundtrack because of all the amazing remixes from 20 years of this series. I love the classic and modern remixes of "Escape from the City", along with the overall beautiful remix of "Door into Summer".

sonic-generations.jpg

Bonus Question #3: Have you ever created your own fan character?
No, I haven't. I also don't ever plan on creating one.

Bonus Question #4: If a Black Warrior and Iblis Bitter engaged in a standoff, who will be last standing? 

I literally had to Google that movie up because I had absolutely no idea what it was. As for the question itself, I would assume both would still be standing probably? I don't think either one of them would officially be able to take one or the other down. 

Bonus Question #5: Who are your Best/Closes friends on SSMB

Everyone Anyways, on a more serious note... 

Kiah: She's quite a kind member and she's always able to make me smile with her long enjoyable PMs. I really do enjoy how strong she is to try and handle different matters on SSMB concerning different members without the need to cuss out members. 

TamilSoni: Quite a cool guy who is always great to talk to. It's actually because of him that I know Tamil is a language and there is Tamil music in the world. Strangely, if I never misspelled his username on accident before by calling him "Sonic" instead of "Soni", I probably would of never got to talk to him so fast and learn about Tamil. 

RoboRick: Another cool guy that's always great to talk to. Though, it does take me awhile to get back to his messages, he can come up with interesting things to talk about. I also like how he's a Fire Emblem fan (though, a bigger one than me), and we both have somewhat of an interest if human interactions. 

Felix: Felix automatically joined the list because he added me on Skype. I really do like how he has great taste in movies and directors. I really need to start going to him to learn about many great animated films that I never heard of or seen before. 

Dr. Crusher: Even though we really don't have long conversations, I'll still consider you a best friend because I do find it fun talking to you whenever I randomly shoot you a PM. I also enjoy how I'm able to show you a bunch of Archie Dr. Eggman pictures. Not sure if they put a smile on your face or not, but just knowing that I can always just random show you a bunch of pictures always make me feel great since it gives me a reason to gush over the comics. 

gal_sonic12%255B1%255D.gif

Super Sonic Warrior!
Bonus Level Completed

• Thumbs Up 4

Hahaha, you thought I was out of this?

BONUS DAY

I.. Uh... I have no idea. Sonic 2?

Sonic Heroes, so much that I actually asked to get the OST for Christmas one year.

Yes, actually, quite a few that I RP sometimes. ... and three of them are goddamn foxes. and one is a Werekitty Hedgie o.o

Iblis Biter because fire.

I barely chat with anyone here, but I've got Chaos Warp on Skype and we get along.