Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

I'll go with classic, though you never did say, do we get both the normal and the bonus day one, or just get to choose the bonus day one if we did it?

edit: sorry about that, didn't think it through, I have the flu so not thinking everything through overly well at the moment

My favourite question had to be the one about first Sonic media. The memory of walking home and seeing Sonic on a lot of Tv screens in a local shop is a very fond one. I'm just happy to share it with all of you. My preference would be MODERN Sonic please. Though, do you get a Super Sonic and a Sonic Boom one if you did 31 days? Thanks a bunch Lady Sonico, looks fantastic ^^

• Thumbs Up 1

Beautiful badges. Soniko really outdid herself. smile.png I'd like a selection from the Modern Set, please.

As for my favorite question, I'd say probably either the non-Eggman villain one for managing to get a "Eureka!" moment out of me when I was thinking about it and allowing me to give the Battle Lord some love or the VA one, as I feel a lot of Sonic VAs get a lot of unnecessary hate and the chance to give a shout-out to some of the lesser-viewed ones was just awesome. (Though I also did love sharing my weird Knuckles Chaotix story in the game-beating one. XD)

Thanks again to Crusher, Kiah, and Verte for making this event possible and I finally bid you adieu.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'll go with classic super, though you never did say, do we get both the normal and the bonus day one, or just get to choose the bonus day one if we did it?

Kiah just said not to do this and it'll be counted as spam. Read over the post outlining going with option 4, dude. 

To answer your question, you'll get both.

• Thumbs Up 7

Badge preference: Modern set

As for my favorite day: I'd probably say the one about the "making friends through the Sonic fandom" one. It brought back a lot of pretty amazing memories of recent times and the old days. I got to pretty much pour my heart out and it just felt extremely good to write about all the amazing people I've met.

Either that or the favorite villain one. Merlina is amazing and I just sat in my room and laughed when I remembered my reaction to the end of the story.

I wish I could've been here for every day, but oh well. Props to all of you for putting this on and getting a bunch of people who don't post much (like myself) involved.

Because I wanted to answer these questions.

Bonus Question #1: What's your top favourite soundtrack from a CLASSIC game?

Sonic 3,  I just find such tunes as Angel Island and Hydrocity super catchy.

Bonus Question #2: What's your top favourite soundtrack from a MODERN game?
Argh so hard! But Colours, just has a really nice atmospheric tone to and is a bit more original than say Unleashed, which while it has really nice music, it was very much trying to emulate certain styles. Sonic colours had neat remixes for each act too.

Bonus Question #3: Have you ever created your own fancharacter, and if so, what are they all about? (Note: Please don't feel ashamed if you have made one/a few, because I believe that there are good Sonic fancharacters out there, overshadowed by the majority as they may be.)

I have a couple of concepts that never left the drawing board, such is my life.
I was considering an AU project for quite some time, therefore I suppose not fancharacters as such as alternates of the originals, the core of it was Sonic OVA with those portrayals, with stuff from the games added on top.
One genuine character I'm considering; a morally gray or evil female(?) with telepathic powers, thoughts are usually abstract and products of experience she doesn't have, in addition to other characters subconsciously and consciously preventing their minds from being "tappable" so it's not always easy to use those powers. The character herself is stoic and selfish and is difficult to read even through traditional means.

Bonus Question #4: If a Black Warrior and an Iblis Biter engaged in a standoff in the style of Sergio Leone's Once Upon a Time in the West, who would be the last one standing?
I havn't a clue what Once Upon a Time in the West is, buuut, if they fought then I think the black warriors would win, because they were tougher enemies.

Bonus Question #5: Who would you say are your best/closest/etc friends on the Sonic Stadium?
Well you and Verte really, I just find you two to be people I really enjoy there presence of here, becuase you do come up with such interesting things say and are quite freindly and polite.

Today's question

Favourite question? the "combine the stories of two games" one, too bad I couldn't come up with a good idea for that one, I would have loved to participate, it was the one with the most interesting answers I think.

Call me lazy, but my favorite post to write was my favourite non-Eggman villain, It's nice nicking someone else's post being able to talk about a character you appreciate and find someone that totally likes them the same way and is able to post awesome essays about it.

And can I have the modern set please? :D

I could go down with the Classic set.

My favorite question would be the character spinoff question since it's nice to see a lot of people that would like to see spinoff games based on other characters then again it's kind of a given when all we get is solo Sonic playable games. >_>'

The post I enjoyed writing the most would be the one about what friends you made in the fanbase question since it brings back good memories of me and my best friend hanging out in the day. 

I can not thank you guys enough for providing us such an awesome topic for us to give our opinions/answers. I really hope we will do this again next year maybe. 

Finally, the gold at the end of the (brilliantly set-out) tunnel. I've had my eye on those badges for a while, good job Soniko m'lady! I'd like modern please, thanks.

Favourite question was definitely the music question where we had to give the tracks from out favourite games, really allowed me to express my passion, which is music. It was also my favourite to answer, due to that.

Overall, this was fantastic fun, and really encouraged me to post more on the forums.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll take the modern, please!

Also, gee, Soniko, nice work.

Anyway, my favorite question?

Well...can one of the questions count? Specifically the third one about fancharacters. It was really fun seeing just how much I remembered about my old 13-year-old creations, and reading about others' FC's was really interesting, too. Some people here have some pretty nice ones! (On that note, that's a pretty clever idea you have there, Crusher!)

If that doesn't count, I'll go with Because I got to gush about how awesome Jennifer Douillard is. Seriously, she's the best.

Honestly, I wish I had done more of the questions than I did (I counted and it was 20 exactly). Not just for the full 30-day badge (which I lost my chance at anyway), but I probably could have come up with a good answer for more of the questions if I hadn't been so lazy, especially day 30...

Oh well. This was an awesome thing. I'm really glad we all had a good time.

Oh, and I also loved 

for obvious reasons. GLUBOLBUBBULBULGULKGULAGOP

• Thumbs Up 1

Oooooo, this is a neat idea! I personally really want one of the Modern ones...and if choosing one is a thing, I'd really like the Modern Sonic Silhouette in particular since it's my favourite of the bunch. <3 But Super Sonic would be good too.

Thank you Soniko!!

Day 32???: A Question About Questions

In all honesty, it's a tie between two really good ones!

It was the one that most intrigued me and had me thinking for some time. Not only was it fun to answer myself, but it was cool to read everyone else's ideas!  Because not only was it a cute question, but I got to gush a little about friends~

I wish I could say this question, actually. I mean, it's good, but not my fav. A shame, since it would be fun to say "my favourite question was the one about your favourite question", creating an endless loop of confusion. The world is a cruel place.

And don't forget that adorable Bonus Boom Sonic!

• Thumbs Up 1

For my own, I believe I answered around thirteen/fourteen questions, including the Bonus Day? I'd love the Classic silhouette badge, if I may.

Since I only really stuck around for the first dozen of days, I don't know the full range of questions. I remember the Sonic 06 animation one standing out as a very different and unique idea for a question the community could laugh at as a whole, because y'know. It IS Sonic 06. I also liked the Bonus Round questions and the one where we gushed about friends in the community. Positivity and all that jazz.

And massive props to Crusher and Kiah for putting on this event. It mustn't have been easy (especially for you Kiah... I do NOT envy you counting all these posts but it shows just how lovely you are honestly) but it pulled through! Also, she knows this already, but I absolutely adore Soniko's badges here. I've gushed too much for her to not know. That talented poop.

• Thumbs Up 2

First off, I'd certainly love a badge from the modern set. ^_^

As for the question at hand, I'd have to say it's Day 30's question regarding how we would put two stories together. I like to consider myself a creative person, so that question was write up my alley. biggrin.png (Plus I still want to make a fanfic with the basic idea I presented in that question)

Can I please have one of the Modern Sonic badges?

As for my favourite question, mine would probably be the Cameos one because it found out about a lot of interesting cameos I didn't even know about. My favourite post was probably the one I did for Day 25 because I felt like the members were good ones. (Especially Kiah. If Kiah is reading this I think you are probably the nicest staff member on this site).

I have now officially completed the 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog. I really enjoyed it and I really want to do it again next year.

P.S. Well done on the badges Soniko.

P.P.S. I have have some thanks I'd like to give. I have to thank Crusher for running this event ever so well and Kiah for making sure it ran smoothly and of course all you Wonderful Members on this site and taking part, I really enjoyed reading the posts. Until next time, Sly out.

• Thumbs Up 2

My Badge preference would be the Modern Set; it looks more appealing to me. (Thanks Lady Soniko for making the badges)

What a wild ride we been on eh? Many questions I answered I had a good time talking and discussing about; I give myself a little victory for being quite participate as I drone on about how I'm not as talkative about my like of the Sonic franchise. So it felt good to be more open on that front.

As far as my favorite question of the bunch? Hmm...it'll have to be not one, not two, but THREE questions. and

For Day 10, it's because it allowed me to give praise for Sonic's robotic doppelganger, Metal Sonic. Since playing Sonic Heroes I've been enamored with the character; he sleek, fast and overall my favorite character bar none (second to Blaze, and that's REAL close). With that said, that ties into my other two favorite questions.

I think at this point it's clear Sonic Heroes is my favorite Sonic game. That's why these two latter questions gave me the character to elborate on why I like it through different aspects, namely the music and levels. 

You know, and I'll be honest, I kept on doubting myself in regards to completing each and every day because I still have that silly thought of not being able to exactly show my appreciation for Sonic. More than a month later, this whole little event helped me show why I like the series and I appreciate that. Dr. Crusher, you done a excellent job with this, and it's even better you have changed positively (even if, in your words, ever so slightly) after this and that's awesome. 

Thanks to Kiah as well, this must have been crazy to keep track of all of this, so I must commend you for taking up in helping him. I can just feel things were a bit stressful, especially reading though EVERY post to make sure things are running as smooth as possibly. Again, great job.

Thirdly, thanks Vertekins for having the initial idea and passing it along to the Doctor for the go ahead. I know you're really proud of him for doing this, and it's much deserved. 

In fact, everyone who partcipiated deserve a round of applause. So here you go:

E38Nu.gif

So about that month's supply of PowerVerte...

• Thumbs Up 7

Ending
30/30 Challenges Completed + Bonus Challenge Completed

Preference: Classic 

Anyways... My favorite was

I honestly felt that post right there was my best post out of all 30 days in this event, and it's easily my favorite because I got to talk about how much I love Sonic as a character. I guess that was really main reason why it was my favorite. laugh.png

tumblr_mrhftoDoRC1qkye9go1_500.png

Now, I guess my favorite one that I enjoyed typing up was

That one was really fun to type up because of the fact I got to mention members here on SSMB that I enjoyed interacting with for different reasons. Of course, that wasn't the full list of SSMB members because a whole lot of members here have done something that is extremely memorable, makes me look up to them, make me want to get to know them, and many other things. That post really doesn't do any justice to all the people on SSMB that I have witness showed their passion for this franchise and whatnot. 

Friends.png

Well... This is the end. Again, I would really like to thank Dr. Crusher and Kiah for all the hard work they been doing throughout this event, and special thanks goes to Lady Soniko for the sweet designs on the badges. I would also like to give a big thanks to every member who participated in this event...consistently. I'm talking about people who made quite a lot of postings during this event, like at least 10+. The reason why I'm personally giving my thanks to everyone is because it was great seeing a bunch of us all come together and participate in an event where we showed our love for Sonic for these different questions. I'm quite a passionate person who love this franchise to death, and one thing I truly do love and enjoy is seeing the many wonderful Sonic fans do wonderful things to show their love for this franchise too, so just seeing many of us SSMB members take part in this event makes me really feel happy to be a Sonic fan (and SSMB member). smile.png

ev113sfdsnapshot0135201.jpg

Until next time... 

THE END

• Thumbs Up 7

Modern plz Mama-Kiah~! And and my favorite questions were the ones where I gushed about Sonic Colors. xDD;;; And one the with the Fav Sonic Level Trope. And the one where I gushed about Sonic music. And the ones when I gushed about AoSTH. @w@ Yeah them. 

This was fun~. If I actually played games I'd try the 30 Games thingy but meh. 

OH and Soniko the badges are delicious looking! 8D Love them!

• Thumbs Up 1

My preference is modern, thanks!

My favourite question was the one about friends on TSS. I like saying good things about people and namedropping sure is fun. I love you guys so much.

And again, thanks to Crusher and Kiah for putting this all together. I can't possibly imagine how stressful it must have been to read over 3000+ posts in the same thread. That would drive me absolutely insane and I respect your dedication to make this entire thing possible!

• Thumbs Up 1

First of all, I would like to say thank you to Dr. Crusher and everyone else who made and participated in this topic.  This was easily my favorite since I've been a part of Sonic Stadium and I quite enjoyed answering the questions in it.  Again thanks a bunch! biggrin.png

As for my favorite question it would definitely have to be number 22.  I just love talking about the level themes in Sonic so much!

And as for my choice of badge.  I would like the Modern please. Thank you.

Thirdly, thanks Vertekins for having the initial idea and passing it along to the Doctor for the go ahead. I know you're really proud of him for doing this, and it's much deserved. 

Indeed I am :D I do truly feel that this topic has completely and utterly exceeded my expectations and I can't even put into words how pleased I am with how it turned-out with the passion that's been shown and the questions that have been posed. My only regret was being unable to partake in the full 30 days due to having no home internet connection for two weeks T_T

Day 12's question regarding which are the most awkward lines stuck-out to me because it was so funny reminiscing about just how bad the VA'ing and script could get in some Sonic games :lol: -

As for the badges? I do strongly favor the Modern ones :)

• Thumbs Up 4

Hmm. Can I have the Modern silhouette, please?

Now, as for favorite question, I'd have to say it was Question #23: "What are your top FOUR zone themes for each of your top five/ten/three/etc games?", because 1) it gave me a chance to listen to some track I hadn't listened to in a while (seriously, I forgot how good Sonic Adventure music's was. So thanks for that, Crusher), and 2) if there's one thing I can talk about in detail, it's music.

That said, my favorite post of mine would be because I did just that.It's the only post I've made that I feel like I put some real effort into making. Rarely if ever do I make a post of that magnitude, and it certainly took a long-as-hell time to write.

Also props to Soniko for making the badges.

With that said, till next time, SSMB.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm…

To be quite honest, I think both sets look quite great. I don’t get to say this a lot, but that I’m a little indecisive on this is a testament of the excellent job that Soniko has done with illustrating them (seriously, great job, Soniko). I’d go for the Modern set, just for the Adventure-esque style that they got going for them. Speaking as a fan who really got into the series through those games, seeing them really make my inner child’s heart get filled with rainbows. I especially like the Modern Super Sonic there and the serious, focused-on-getting-things-done look on his face.

As for my favorite question, I say It was the first one where I felt comfortable enough to actually tap into my inner novelist and take about said moment in a storyteller sort of way. For a while, I felt that I wasn’t really getting my seeming talent for writing out there here, being self- limited to just relatively brief posts so as to not drown the reader in unneeded details. By the time I was writing up the post in question, several people already talked about the moment I was writing about (Dr. Rogrimnik bouncing off the metal arm thing like a handball). I was concerned about having to write about a different moment to not come across as aping the others, but then I thought: “Hey, you’re apparently a good writer here. Tell it like a story.” And so, I rewrote what was originally just a straight explanation into something that I felt would be more… memorable, I think? The fact that 17 people liked it shows that I succeeded on that front, right?

There’s also three others that I would like to honorably mention. In order: first, just because I was not only able to talk about a relatively unknown Sonic cameo, but also share my knowledge on a show that I loved when I was a kid. Next, as someone who rarely gushes about music, I think I did a pretty decent job with describing my feelings for my music choices there. Lastly, for how I finally told a summation of my history as a Sonic fan over the years.

And with this, I guess I’m finally done. Gosh, it feels like it was only yesterday when this thread started! Thank you, Crusher, Kiah, Soniko, and Verte for making this possible; thank you, my fellow participants for your awesome post entries; and I hope you all have a nice day/night/whathaveyou! smile.png 

• Thumbs Up 2

My preference will be the Modern Set.

Favorite Question:

I actually have more than one; My favorite questions are the ones where I talked about my favorite character, top 3 level themes and the Sonic cameos in other media.

I think I've already repeated myself about how I felt about this 30 Days of Sonic, it was a very fun topic to partake in and it was really cool where everybody got together and listed their answers in the questions related to the Blue Hedgehog and his series. I want to thank Dr. Crusher again for making this topic, Kiah for keeping track of all of the posts made and Soniko for making the Badges. Those Badges look absolutely amazing! You guys rock! :D

• Thumbs Up 2

This is exciting!

I'd like the Classic set, please!

And as for my favorite question, I'll pick Zone 30: Combining Two Stories, because this one made me think the most, and it's the one I put the most effort into. I mean, it was a really fun exercise after all!

Also, this little sub-plot was something I didn't expect to resolve:

2agufk1.jpg

i53r4z.jpg

RuiERXU.gif

Dorp.

And final thoughts... hrm.

1387954186074.jpg

I'm thankful for those who put this together to celebrate the Sonic series. Really, it was a delight! 

See, one thing you gotta consider; I'm graduating and leaving college within a few weeks. In that time period, I've been going through wave after wave of nostalgia from my childhood right up to the present day, and this 30 Days of Sonic community activity really helped push that along even further. I've been looking at all aspects of the franchise that I don't always have the opportunity to look at. 

I spend a lot, and I mean a lot of my lazy, free time mentally analyzing the series in one way or another. It's a very huge passion of mine, and I have to say, being able to sit here and channel all of those mindful hours into an activity that structured itself entirely around my favorite character made it feel all the worthwhile. 

I've been a Sonic fan since I was a little 4 year old boy. I've always loved playing the games, watching the shows, reading the comics (whenever they were available to me) and playing pretend... and growing up and being able to use it as a channel for creativity with fan characters and fan fiction. Yes, the fan characters and fan fictions were... typical... for your average Gaia Online using teenager, but nonetheless it provided an avenue for creativity, the likes of which I may never have attempted.

Some of you older members may actually remember me when I first joined a really long time ago back in 2006. SSMB wasn't allowed, since it disrupted me from school... so... I had to be very tactful. Got into trouble a few times, actually.

...got sent to military school.

thx for banning me temporarily, Dreadknux, so I could focus, love you babeh

...but hey, they were my teenage days. And I'm glad I stuck to my guns and associated myself with you guys. It helped cement my love for the series and how it can really be used for good... as long as it doesn't become an obsession. I had to learn a lot of those lessons here. Teenage life. Hmm. 

And ya know, aging into a full grown adult has always made me wonder if Sonic is something I'll always be as passionate about. I can't say this with certainty, but I think that while it won't always play a big factor in my life as an adult, it is a big cornerstone in my childhood and adolescence, right up to the fringes of adulthood. 

Let me put it to you another way: Sonic is the primary focus of this very forum. And in this forum, we conduct friendly discussion, as well as some pretty engaging debates. I've participated in a quite a few of them myself, and I have to say, the past... wow... eight years I've been a member on these forums have provided a way for me to think critically and write with elegance. In fact... it's because of this very place that I even enjoy writing now. In any other instance prior, I would have hated it. But not now, not here.

This is because this community exists, and it's because it adheres to the focus of my favorite blue hedgehog. I often look back and think; "yes, I could have grown up just as easily had I not been a Sonic fan." But to be honest, it wouldn't have been in the same way, and it wouldn't be with the same people. It wouldn't be complete with the same moments of nostalgia, joy, excitement, anticipation, apprehension and even some instances of dread, frustration and the occasional "purist" bigotry and mindset. We've all been there.

So... being able to condense all of it into an entire month means something special. 

Y'know, in a way, this is like Sonic Generations.

The Sonic Stadium Generations. 

I like that.

Thanks for a wild ride. While I may not be an active fan in the future as I head out into gradschool and serious adulthood, I can't deny that this place has changed me and shaped me into who I am. I really do think that, and I mean it, I think that this community is an avenue that God has used to, ironically, mature myself and to learn to think critically and analytically... and to appreciate things more. It sounds corny, and yeah, it kind of is, but it's the truth.

You guys helped raise me a bit. 

That's a scary thought.

Hrngngngggnn.

But yes, it's been real. With that, I'm off. It's been a blast, guys. Keep dreamin', and keep runnin'.

project_m_big__amp__sonic_by_sonicboom40

And with that, I'm off to get myself a chili dog.*

*foreshadowing.....................? Mark this post here, conspiracy theorists.

• Thumbs Up 7

Whew, what a month. I've thoroughly enjoyed this event. It's really got me out of my posting slump. Hopefully this encourages me to start posting regularly on the forum. Thanks again to Crusher and Kiah for handling this!

As for the questions, I loved Day 30's one. I honestly didn't think I'd go into much detail about putting two stories together, but before you know it, I was completely lost in writing. That was seriously great fun.

And finally, I'll take a Classic badge for my efforts. Thank you for making those, Soniko!

• Thumbs Up 2