Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

Day 9: Fave character and did you always like them?

I'm going to pick a marmite topic.

Shadow_06.png

Shadow the Hedgehog has been my fave since day 1. He had a cool backstory, he had rocket skates and he could match Sonic blow for blow. I was miserable that he died but was confused when he came back. Happy to see him, sad by how different he was. When 06, his last hoorah really, appeared though. He became the badass he once was again. Sadly, he's on the backburner now. Please Boom, give Shadow a chance.

Day 9: Tails Triumphs, AKA This is My 1,600th Post

Tails_in_Sonic_Lost_World.png

My favourite character since my days of playing Sonic & Knuckles Collection has been that lovable little fox boy. After all, for a kid who sucked at Sonic 3 to an embarrassing degree, being able to fly was great! But really, I just always found him really endearing in pretty much every way. His roles in the Adventure games were really great and had a cool little arc for him that I still appreciate to this day.

He's also just plain fun to play as, in most of the games that he's playable. He was probably one of my fav characters to play as in Adventure, even if his flight was a bit OP...especially with that one upgrade. 

Seriously though, Tails flies. By spinning his tails. How does he do it? Who freaking cares, it's badass. Get outta the way.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 9

Right, well I can easily say that Sonic is my favorite character. My first exposure to Sonic was Sonic 1 when I was REALLY little and at the time he was probably the fastest thing I'd ever seen which made me enthralled. When I was re-introduced with Sonic Heroes I found that Sonic had a lot more going on. He was cocky, confident and out to have a good time. Ultimately he was the good guy who you could trust would save the world in the end and he would have a blast while doing it. So yeah, I've liked him from the start and he continues to be my favorite today.

• Thumbs Up 1

Question #9: When it comes to your top favourite Sonic character, were you always a fan of him/her from the very beginning, or did it take a while before you warmed up to him/her?

To be honest, once I've seen, read, or played as a Sonic character, I become a fan of them and they become my favorite character. Whether's it from a game, cartoon, comic, or other form of media.

Therefore, I can't say I actually hate any characters.

However, there were some cases where it took me some time to get warmed up to certain characters.

Thrash.jpg

Ok, why is Sonic's head on Wave's body and why does it have Knuckles' dreads? 

…..

what's that? His entire species was experimented on by Knuckles' people? Oh, Ok. I can work with that.

I have two favourites!

As for Eggman, I was always fond of him, but his character was just too serious in games like Adventure 2 and '06. Colours, Generations, Lost World, and Unleashed (to a slight extent) made him my favourite character. I still think of him as the main character of Colours and Lost World even if you do technically play as Sonic.

Sonic? I always preferred Tails and Knuckles as I related best to underdog characters as a kid. Growing older though I realized Sonic was the coolest design and the character I resonated best with.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nah, Sonic's been my favorite since I was a kid. Started with not wanting to play as his lame friend Tails and actually take control of the game (Sonic 2 single-player w/ 2 controllers), then the TV shows, and then the Adventure games. Nowadays he is a little bit of a Spider-Man expy, but... eh, I've loved Spider-Man since I was super young as well. 

I just really have a fondness for that character archetype. Sort of a bias of mine. The cocky hero with a heart of gold - it's nice to be able to look up to a genuinely good guy, while still having a fun time laughing at the jokes he dishes out at the assholes he regularly fights. Kind of a bias thing, but hey, I like it.

Question #9: When it comes to your top favourite Sonic character, were you always a fan of him/her from the very beginning, or did it take a while before you warmed up to him/her?

The characters I like significantly enough to consider myself a fan of earned my adoration at the very outset of their appearances, although the high of fangirling over them initially wears off in-between games and cartoons, and is sped up by venturing onto the Internet where everyone is inevitably cynical. But while I generally calm down about them after major outings, this doesn't indicate a loss of love. The two who consistently vie as my favorites- Sonic and Shadow- haven't really left my consciousness ever since they first appeared, both because they're popular and because they've received the most interpretation by the games for me to latch onto and appreciate.

I've enjoyed seeing Sonic go from a non-talkative pudgy cute thing in the games into an action hero with defined yet creative code of conduct. His reason for doing most of the things he does is mainly for the thrill of seeking adventure, an attitude which directly ties into the undercurrent of exploration concepts I liked about games like the Adventures and Unleashed. He's not particularly over-complicated nor intense; his cockiness isn't mean-spirited or in the territory of smugness, and he doesn't claim to be anything more than he is. Sonic is just a devil-may-care dude who just so happens to have super powers. He'd be the guy I'd have a drink with if I could ever catch him. Finally, his athleticism is just plain cool on its own due to its built-in offensive and defensive capabilities and action-oriented nature. He's really fun to watch in action, but glorious the day will be when we can play something similar to the Unleashed opening.

I also enjoyed Shadow's development, which I saw less as detrimental personality changes versus the same character responding to different stimuli and circumstances of the particular games he was in- a character who could be a charismatic liar if the situation called for it, a short-tempered lancer when he knew he was being strung along, or a pleasantly-snarky comrade in less serious matters. There's lots of different facets to Shadow's personality that I would like to see more in display in later games (if Sega remembers he exists). And despite all of the shit he's been through, Shadow doesn't particularly feel sorry for himself or brood or whine to the extent that other distinctly Japanese badasses will. Shadow is ultimately the guy that knows how to just shut the fuck up and get things done efficiently and astutely. Kinda annoys me when both characters are dismissed as either "Boring" or "Emo Loser" respectively, but right now I don't care. They're still hedgehogs after my heart.

SA2B_7.png

(I'll) Never Forget.

• Thumbs Up 3

Day 9: My Favorite Sonic Character and Whether or Not I Always Liked Him/Her.

screen-2.jpg

As much as I love Robotnik and Metal Sonic, The Blue Blur will always be my #1.

I actually didn't really know about Sonic until Heroes came out a decade ago. (I feel oooooold)

But when I picked up the game for the first time, I knew Sonic was something special. Unlike most other video game protagonists, Sonic isn't a bland Gary Stu or loaded with angst. He's genuinely flawed: cocky, impatient, always running headfirst into danger, cracking jokes in the middle of a fight; and yet his heart is always in the right place. He rarely holds grudges and never hesitates to help someone in need. To me, Sonic's not only a compelling character; he's relatable.

Not to mention all the high-speed adventures he's taken me through! Sure, he's had his ups and downs (and all-arounds), but I'll always be excited to see what the hedgehog has in store next.

My favorite character that took time to get to know him/her?

Well if I think about it, Silver was a character that I like now but took time to get used to.

A year after getting Rivals 2 and pretty much got better at video games, I went through Silver and Espio's Story. The cutscenes with Silver were genuinely very nice and makes you think how much of a nice guy Silver really is, it has to be one of the few moments where Pete Capella voiced Silver right. And when I played 06 a year ago for the first time, I can actually like Silver's development throughout his story to a wannabe hero to an actual saviour of his timeline.

I know that some people dislike him but he really doesn't deserve all the hate he gets, he's a genuinely nice character that I wouldn't mind seeing. I mean the Archie Comics wrote Silver pretty well so he has potential to be a good character.

Nepenthe has convinced me that Shadow might just have more potential as a character than I thought.

I remember in 2004 when I was getting back into the Sonic franchise again, I always saw pictures of Sonic, Tails and...that red guy. Huh, he looks cool. What's his name? Who is he?

Sonic_Channel_-_Knuckles_the_Echidna_201

It's Knuckles the echidna. Knux. Rad Red. Echidona. Whatever you may call him, this is the character that always stood out for me. Red is my favourite colour, I liked his cool looking attitude (I'm a sucker for cool, silent type characters X3), his spikey Knuckles, his dreadlocks and those weird LEGO shoes. And after playing Sonic 3 I instantly fell in love with the guy!

He can glide, climb walls, he actually defeats fecking Super Sonic by leaping into him and taking the Chaos Emeralds! THAT is cool! Oh, and he's a treasure hunter with a nifty looking hat. Despite his flaws, being hot headed and gullible and all this character has been a favourite of mine for many years...

Well, I still like him now but even I can admit he's not the same anymore. <=/ SEGA has ruined the character for me by making him a doofus and the comic relief buttmonkey of the gang which annoys me to no end. While this trait hasn't really been seen for a while, it was definitely prominent in games like ShtH and Sonic 06 and it hurts me to see SEGA treat the character, one of the main trio no less, like that! 

I hope that with Sonic Boom, we can finally see a good side to Knuckles and have him be the awesome echidna from the Classic and early Modern era. If SEGA can't do it, then let's see if BRB can.

Knuckles was my favourite character from the start and he will always be my favourite. No matter what!

• Thumbs Up 4

Day 9 Challenge: Have you always been a fan of your favorite character?

Completed 8/30 Challenges

Black-Knight-Storybook-Cutscene.jpg

Absolutely.

I have always from the very beginning loved Sonic. No other character in this franchise will ever end up becoming my absolute favorite in this franchise. 

I came into this series back when the adventure games hit the GameCube, so I came in during the beginning era of his modern design. For a blue hedgehog, Sonic had quite a nice design that made him stand out to me. It also really helped that Sonic represented the definition of "cool" to me. Sonic can run really fast, has some cool moves such as the "Spin Dash" and "Homing Attack", had great personality, and never was afraid to crack a joke about our favorite great villain, Dr. Eggman. Sonic also has the greatest character theme song I have heard in this franchise. 

Adventure2-CityEscape.png

"Trust your feelings, got to live and learn"

One of the most memorable moments in the entire history of this franchise to me was this exact scene in Sonic Adventure 2 where does does a little pose, then starts to spin out of control while screaming "Yeah!" That moment really just says "Hey, look at this cool dude striking a pose and spinning like crazy. Have you ever seen someone so cool pull this off? No? Exactly. The one and only dude with the 'tude can pull this off so epicly!" 

Though, as I have grew older, I have started to appreciate more and more of how Sonic is... 

How he isn't afraid to be a bit goofy...

tumblr_mvia5dgn6m1s6u1j5o1_500.png

How he isn't afraid to help a friend when in need... 

800px-Shahra_promise.png

Certainly how he isn't afraid to have some fun with his close friends...

Tag.png

Even mess around with enemies... 

ZazzFixed.png

tumblr_mrhftoDoRC1qkye9go1_500.png

His name is Sonic The Hedgehog, he is the fastest, coolest, and greatest character ever!

One who shall never quit running and shall forever fight for freedom! 

Challenges 9/30 Completed

• Thumbs Up 7

Now this I can work with.

Hmm, I'm gonna go with Sonic and KnucklesNow I was a stupid little kid, I only liked the "cool" characters, and naturally my only favorite character was Shadow; I thought he was the bees needs. But it recent years, I've found myself growing extremely fond of Sonic & Knuckles. I dunno, something about their personalities just clicked with me.

Sonic is pretty much what every youngin would be with superpowers. Arrogant, cheeky, but have a heart of gold underneath all of that childishness. Sonic is no exception, he lives and dies by his own rules and manages to be a constant source of hope in the universe. He has inspired many, and never looks back on his actions, because that's just the kind of guy he is. He's the type to run down his own path, and not let anyone deter him. It does kind of bother me that he tends to get more flak than he deserves for being ya know, a hero, but I digress. Sonic wouldn't let it bother him, and neither will it do the same to me.

Knuckles on the other hand is pretty much the opposite. Stubborn, and focused on what he has to do, no matter what it is. Knuckles could easily go off on his own adventures, or just shirk responsibilities in general, but he chooses to stay loyal to his heritage and look after the last relic of their past, sacrificing his own freedom in the process. I guess that's why I love Knuckles, he's just so...loyal, to anything he does; his friends, his job, anything he does. It took me a while to see that because he is massively overshadowed in the fanbase by the likes of Sonic, Shadow, or Silver and doesn't really get much recognition, especially nowadays where he's basically a non-entity within the games. But I'll always appreciate ole Rad Red, and look forward to his future appearances.

Beyond anything however, I just love their dynamic; Sonic & Knuckles are literally opposites in every way. Red to Blue, Power to Speed, laidback to hot headed. They play off each other so well, and it just makes their interactions so entertaining, that their very lifestyles are at such odds with each other, yet still remain friends despite that. Its the best case of an odd friendship that you can get.

So yea, Sonic & Knuckles are awesome.

Day 9: Favorite Sonic Character, have been a fan from the beginning or took some time to notice:

Miles_Tails_Prower.png

Miles Tails Prower

As much as I've been a huge fan of the blue hedgehog, but I will have to pick Tails. I have always been a fan of Tails ever since from I started playing Sonic games; maybe it's the fact that he has flight, which pretty much screws a level design up the ass, but he just has such an adorable appearance and he's the sidekick of Sonic. In Sonic Adventure, when Dr. Eggman was trying to nuke Station Square and Sonic was nowhere to seen, Tails had to man up and learn to stop depending on Sonic and do it himself. He finally beats Eggman to the rocket and whoops his ass and saves Station Square. :D Showing his independence and courage to hopefully be as good as Sonic... That made me love the two-tailed fox even more! I just hope in the future Sonic games, Tails will be able to shine again and show that he can be courageous and not need to depend on Sonic all the time to finish the job.

Day 9! \o/ Okay uh recent fav character huh? Hmm~~~

Hmmm~~~~~~

HMMM~~~~~~~~~

*brain fart* Uh *scratches head* Damn you got Doctor. To tell you the truth I tend to like characters the moment I see them. xDD;;;; But um I guess I have to give this one to Sonic. 

Sonicchannel_sonic02_nocircle.png

Yeah this guy I guess. You see I've been on and off with the series. And I the reason I come back is because of Sonic~. ♥ 

I came in when Adventures of Sonic was on TV. It was the highlight of my day to see Sonic zip around foiling  Robotnik and his goofy bots. But when the show ended I completely forgot about Sonic. =w=

Then I came across this show.

Sonic_X_DVD_vol_1.jpg

Randomly saw this on TV with my cousins, it all came back to me. "Oh no way Sonic got another TV show?! MUST WATCH~!" @w@ 

So my Saturdays were spent watching Sonic X until, once again, the show was over. And once again, I forgot about Sonic. 

So one night I was washing dishes, listening with half an ear to my cousin in the other room playing something when I heard:

Good Great Awesome Outstanding AMAZING~! 

It completely brought me to a stop. Bemused I walked into the room and once more I saw that hedgehog streaking across the TV. 

"Heh~ that hedgehog again? A new Sonic game huh . . ." 

I finished the dishes and sat down to watch him play, he died alot in game so I asked if I could play. He gave me the controller and I started the level. 

I couldn't stop. ♥♥♥ 

Sonic_Colors_box_artwork.png

With it's fun levels and Adventure of Sonic humor I was drawn in like a magnet to metal. And much like a magnet I stuck to him. I honestly adore Sonic. He's a mix of coolness, kindness, snark, and seriousness. There are times when his character is hit or mix but he never fails to bring a smile to my face. My favorite renditions of him is his Colors and Secret Ring self. I still need to watch the Black Knight Self.

So yeah Sonic is my favorite at the moment. In a way. 

Lul~~ my longest post on this board. xD;;;;;

#9:

Sonicchannel_sonic02_nocircle.png

It's the only and only Sonic the Hedgehog.

It took practically no time at all for me to like this guy.  First of all, his my favorite color.  Second, he's fast, which was something I admired as I kid because I prided myself on being a fast runner.  His athleticism and skills were already impressive in the classic era and he's only gotten better since.  He's very tenacious and determined, which something else I admire(especially nowadays as an adult).  I also really dig his personality quite a bit as he can be funny, witty, understanding, brave, and just all-around cool.

Not only is the Blue Blur my favorite character in the series, he's one of my favorite characters in entertainment media.

• Thumbs Up 2

I am a simple creature with often simple tastes, and I was going to talk about how despite my juvenile tastes, I couldn't bring myself to not like Shadow the most, but then I remembered Team Chaotix.

180px-Team_chaotix.png

I think the moment they really started to grow on me was, oddly enough, after watching them in Sonic X. So, starting from Heroes when I was first introduced to them, I'd say around 4-5 years. They were by far the most unique characters in the series and had the most down-to-earth personalities of the cast, and it really blended well with the anime's general tone which left a lasting impression on me.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 9!

While I quite like Sonic himself, I'm going to exclude him because he's an obvious answer.

I'll roll with Shadow instead. I'm not as much of a Shadow fanatic as I was when I was younger, but that's probably mostly because I think he went in the wrong direction and he hasn't really appeared that much to keep me hooked.

I liked Shadow from the beginning. For starters, well, he was finally someone who could match Sonic. Though Eggman looks to hold all the cards with his resources, genius, and vast forces... he still can't beat one stinking hedgehog. Shadow on the other hand, shows that less really is more. He doesn't need a huge armada to back him up - he's his own one-hedgehog army, just like Sonic is. He's easily able to match Sonic in strength, speed and overall potential, and has an arsenal of Chaos energy-based superpowers on top of it. As a villain, this works extremely well - Sonic is essentially fight himself, in a way that hits closer to home than even Metal Sonic given Shadow is also organic. Only an actual clone of Sonic or an alternate dimension self would be more of a mirror.

I also enjoyed Shadow's motives. Whereas Eggman is blatantly interested in power and glory, Shadow's motive is far more personal: granting the dying wish of a friend. The wish he was trying to achieve was incredibly twisted, likely by a mixture of Gerald's tampering and Shadow's own personal desire for vengeance, but he was willing to grant the wish. Killing everyone on Earth seems like an insane request to grant, but at the same time, it's perversely touching that he'd do such a thing if it's what Maria wanted.

And on the same token, when he sees what a fool he's been and has nearly done exactly the opposite of what Maria wanted... he sheds a single tear and immediately goes about rectifying his mistake. And he gives his life (presumably) to make sure that the Earth Maria showed so much affection for is spared. He was willing to sacrifice every piece of his mental and physical well-being just to grant a sick girl's last wish.

While I dislike the fact they went the amnesia route, I like how Shadow was reformed into a foil to Sonic. He ultimately has the same goals, but goes about them in different ways. Whereas Sonic does his own thing, Shadow signed up to serve the government (and humanity by proxy)... a Chaotic Good versus Lawful Good situation. And while Sonic has very clearly shown he will save even his enemies, Shadow seems all too content to crush bad guys like bugs if it will make everything better. Sonic feels the means must justify the ends, whereas Shadow easily flips the logic. Shadow is no longer the enemy he once was, but he's still very much a rival in that he and Sonic will often be pursuing the same objective... and Sonic has to hope he gets to Eggman or whoever before Shadow does.

I've rambled. Overall though, I've liked Shadow since the start. I like his sort of shades of gray morality and think it would allow for him to be an interesting character, whether as a hero or villain, provided he had the proper writing.

PRESIDENT CROW'S DAY 9 OF SHOWERING FAVORITES WIFF LUV!

Alright so time to reveal my favorite character of the Sonic series!

tumblr_lu4wsi9S8B1qzypfko1_500_zpsa3d937

Dr.Robotnik!

Specifically AoStH's Robotnik

I know I keep bringing up AoStH a lot in this thread and I absolutely love it. Dr.Robotnik is my favorite character in the Sonic series and I can talk a lot about him. He's hammy, over the top, and so lovable. He's definitely an entertaining character in his own right and I'm proud to say he's my favorite Sonic character.

To answer the second part of the question which I want to focus on in this post, I originally didn't like Robotnik at first and warmed up to him in my later years in life. My first exposure was AoStH and that was when I was a kid so obviously I did find our blue hero to be the best thing ever. After a decade or so and the internet started to evolve we had gotten ourselves Youtube. I did discover YTP and Robotnik became the most hilarious thing ever. I did watch the show again afterwords and I did found how great of a character Robotnik is. Zany scheme after zany scheme Robotnik never gave up his goal at all and he's always hilarious about it too. He may had been humiliated terribly but he entertained me and that makes up for it. So know you know.

I promise I'll do my best to not mention AoStH tomorrow

• Thumbs Up 1

How could my thoughts ever change on Sonic the Hedgehog himself?

I've stated this time and time again, but my first exposures to Sonic was in Satam and X. So yes, I was weaned on cheesy one-liners by Jaleel White and Jason Griffith, but I always stood by how endearing and fun of a protagonist he was. When I was a child, I viewed him as a fun loving, free spirit with a sense of justice that would always be there to stop evil regardless. Now... I still see him as a fun loving, free spirit with a sense of justice that will always be there to stop evil regardless. 

It's just nice to have a hero who loves what he does and knows how to lighten up, which is such a breath of fresh air from the brooding protagonist. Still love ya, Sonic.

Sonic was a favorite for me since day 1.He's always resonated with me even right from the start. His blue hue, his fast paced game and aggressive marketing edge, the hedgehog has always been something I've thoroughly enjoyed. even when he started to gain personality, via the TV shows, comics and side medias, I still lapped it all up.

Not much to say here. I'm a fan.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 9: Were the Chaotix ALWAYS the best non-egg-based characters??

vsf9d0.png

MMMMMM YEP NEXT QUESTION

What can I say about the Chaotix that hasn't already been said louder by a variety of shrieking blue armadillo fans? They're one of the few comedy acts the series has that's legitimately funny (Eggman gets lumped in too, of course), they kick butt, and they have that awesome theme song that redeemed all wrongs Sonic Heroes inflicted[citation needed]

Plus, they had the good sense to mysteriously disappear or make show stealing roles in the series worst installments, so that's awesome too. I've loved 'em since Baby Soma first blasted through Seaside Hill with Sonic speed looking for Chao with them, and I've had no problems keeping up my enthusiasm in the years following.

Now if only they'd show up with lines again ;^;

EDIT Also this is my 1200th post so I guess that's something too

• Thumbs Up 5

Yeah, Sonic was always my favorite character, though he got kind of boring to me after Heroes, Colors brought back the Sonic I loved again and now he's back to being my favorite character. 

Be it his joking nature, his sense of justice, his attitude of treating life as one big party and even his emotional depth (when they show it), he always struck a chord for me in a way that someone like Mario couldnt, I saw someone relatable, someone full of energy, I saw Sonic the Hedgehog (yeah that's pretty corny) and chances are he will always be my number one.

Day 9

Hmmm... to be honest I don't really have a favorite character anymore. Either I like them all equally when I'm in a good mood, or I'm indifferent to them all when in a bad one. I had a favorite at one point, though, and that person would be Eggman.

Cosmic_Reset_Button_Fails.jpg

And the answer to the question at hand, is no, I didn't like him immediately. When I first played Sonic 1 to Sonic & Knuckles, all I saw in Eggman was an incompetent bafoon, a run-of-the-mill saturday-morning cartoon villain. And technically, I wasn't wrong. His masterplan to conquering the world involved kidnapping puny animals, building not-so-intimidating and not-so-efficient bug robots out of them, and setting them loose without any rhyme or reason. Plus, he tried to kill me with a slow-moving wrecking ball, a ball that bounces around, and a car that drove at two miles an hour. Seriously, it felt like I was fighting a toddler rather than a fifty-year-old scientist with an IQ of 300. I didn't hate him, as he still was rather enjoyable, but I didn't like him as a villain that much.

Then I played the Sonic games that actually had a story. I started liking him more, as I found there were some redeeming traits of him that balance out the goofy side of him. He's incompetent, but he's also determined. He's goofy, yet still threatening. And all the while, he has some pretty sweet voice actors backing up not only his likable hamminess, but also giving a rather imposing demeanor to the good doctor. Good ol' Eggy was doing alright in my book at this point.

Then I read the Archie comics 150-200, and Eggman shot straight up to No. 1 on my list. He was darker, he was funnier, he was more intelligent, and he was a lot more competent than he ever was in the games I played. He was just so fun to read in these comic books that I couldn't help but fall in love with the character. They even had a lackey in the comic that was the best idea for an Eggman lackey, as Eggman could actually bounce off of him rather than wade through insults like his others, and it worked amazingly well for the dialogue and story. Seriously, if the games had an Eggman like this one, then I am sure that the "best video game villains" polls would be overflowing with votes for him. He's just that good.

So yeah, that's how I came to love Eggman. I still love him to some extent, but not as much as I used to. The games have sort of dragged me down by now, and I've meanwhile been getting into different, better forms of media that actually care about their characters, like Archie did.

In fact, maybe I should go give those Archie comics a re-read. Might re-ignite my spark for Sonic again.

Day 9: Complete

• Thumbs Up 3

My favorite Sonic character is...

wrykav.jpg

Yes, his game's story and tone is completely ridiculous and he's one to be angsty about his past on more than one occasion, but frog help me, I LIKE HIM. I've always liked him. No, not just in Sonic Adventure 2. I like him in Heroes, I like him in Sonic 06, and I even like him in Mr. Needlerat's Gunhappy Escapade. He has an interesting, tragic backstory, a cool design and powers, and a personality that I can really be invested in. He's one of those characters that I always root for because of all the crap he's been through and there's nothing I enjoy seeing more in a Sonic game than an opportunity for him to kick some tail. I also love his camaraderie with the other members of Team Dark, as they perfectly off-set each other and make an oddball, yet legitimate trio. Plus, that's not even getting into how FANTASTIC he is in the Archie comics, able to dominate in both comedic moments...

1zm0a4i.jpg

...and serious ones. This is pretty much one of his crowning moments of awesome in my book:

hwloh1.jpg

I really hope that he makes a grand return in Boom, as I'd love to see him have more of a main role again since he's been mostly relegated to spin-offs as of late. Come what may, I'll always have the Archie comics to remind me of his awesomeness.

• Thumbs Up 8