Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

My favorite design of my favorite character?

I have 2 favorite designs of Tails, the Classic and Boom design.

20130127222913%21Classic_Tails.jpgTails_Sonic_Boom_V2.png

I like the Classic design because of how adorable he looks. It makes you want to give him a huge hug after hearing how he lost his parents and the bullying he got because of his 2 tails.

I like the Boom design because he looks somewhat different but still manages to look like the character we know and love. Oh and Tails is totally rocking the goggles and tool kit in this design, and never forget the sports tape!

• Thumbs Up 1

Question #10: What is/are your favourite design(s) for your top favourite character?

Crusher's Thoughts: The Classic Robotnik design is brilliant in all it's simplicity, although for a while, I didn't know that the yellow part - the walrus tusks, if you will - was supposed to be a little cape (I just assumed it was part of his shirt).

I didn't either.

Anyway, as far as designs go I really enjoyed Amy's Riders and Olympics Outfits:

Amy_rose.pngAmy_32.png

They take her modern look and add elements that make her look athletic and more like a fighter.

…also, I just now realized her Modern shoes are designed almost similarly to Sonic's except the colors are vertical instead of hornizontal (how have I missed that all these years?).

I also like Rouge's Riders Outfit, mostly because of that floral design on the pants.

Rouge_1_Tails19950.png

….moving on….

Sonic-Free-Riders-Vector-artwork.png

Also, really liked Vector's shoes from Sonic Free Riders. They more detailed than his regular shoes and match his cufflinks.

news_illustre_1392064256_303.jpg

Whoever decided to redesign the Satam Cast, in the Archie Comics, to look more like Sonic characters in the games deserves a promotion.

archie-sonic-universe-issue-32.jpg

Say what you will, but giving Evil Sonic a power boost, making him even more of a chaotic version of Sonic, and giving him the name Scourge was also another cool idea.

7790894.png?450x682

Also, making his Super Form purple while giving him Metal Sonic eyes was also cool.

Too bad we may not see him in the comics anymore….sad.png

There are many designs and forms I like of other characters but I feel like it would it take more than 1 post to go through them all.

• Thumbs Up 4

DAY 10 What is/are your favourite design(s) for your top favourite character?

This is really tough, I don't know if I could choose a favorite design for tails, the only design I've never cared for was heroes'.

Hmm... well I love classic tails, he's so cute, generations classic tails is also very cute. I love the classic design cause it makes you see just how brave he is to be going on dangerous adventures at such a young age.

The adventure look is great, it makes him look a little older, and shows his smart side.

The modern look is good, still cute, and still has the slightly older look. My only complaint is how they got rid of the orange. It's funny because his first design was completely orange, not even with a hint of yellow, and it was a fairly dark orange too. He got progressively lighter and yellower until adventure DX when his in game model was completely yellow, and he's been that way ever since. I prefer him to be orange, having some yellow doesn't bother me though.

I will talk about two designs I love that aren't from the games.

imagejpg1-4.jpg

I love his OVA design, it's pretty much classic Tails, but I love how he looks. His animation is adorable too.

imagejpg2-2.jpg

I love his modern archie look, he looks very cool.

Day 10: insert terribly overused joke about green eyes here

I'm quite fond of all of Tails' designs, really. There's not a whole lot of differences between them--even the changes from Classic to Adventure were little. That being said, I'm most fond of his Modern self, particularly how it appears in Sonic Unleashed and onward. He just...looks like Tails. And looking like Tails is good, because Tails is good. I'm saying "Tails" way too much here, dammit.

500px-sonic-generations--modern-tails---

I appreciate your hard work Mr. Rush, but unfortunately all it did was remind me of the Sonic X comic.

And that makes me angry.

• Thumbs Up 1

...was it really worth bumping to the next page for that?

I mean really?

:/

#10:

sonic_the_hedgehog_unleashed_pose_by_min

I always thought that Unleashed Sonic was his best look.  I feel that this is the perfect appearance for the Modern day Sonic as it has still retains the charm of Sonic's past years while also showing that Sonic has been around for a while and has grown up.

...was it really worth bumping to the next page for that?

I mean really?

:/

I don't have next-page prevention powers, alas.

(It wasn't serious. I don't actually hate the Sonic X comic. It's not my thing admittedly, but I don't hate it.)

Day 10: What is/are your favourite design(s) for your top favourite character?

Giving props to this bad boy right here:

6vH5oQe.png

Truth be told, Metal Sonic is actually my overall favorite character in the series (any Metal Sonic fans out there? lol) This 'modernized' design of Metal Sonic in particular is sleek, easy on the eyes, and still looks menacing. I have a soft spot for the detail to the more mechanized areas of his body (namely the joints and what not) as it compliments the other more simplistic areas of Metal's frame. With that being said, I too find his Generations (Classic) design to be really well done too.

Call me a sucker, but I also love Metal Overlord's design; metallic robot dragon thing with makeshift wings is still awesome to me no matter what.

Heck YEAH! 

Hail the mighty Metallix!

362px-Metallix_emperor_58.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic has had plenty of designs over the years. There are many I like, such as his classic design (strictly speaking of the Japanese/Generations version), the way he looked in the OVA, some Archie designs, his Adventure era designs, and even his Boom design to an extent. Except for those blue arms. But the best design, by far, is this;

0152_sonic_unleashed.png

His Modern design.

With quills that are not too long or too short, bright vibrant emerald eyes, just the right height and proportion, and the perfect shade of blue, this is the design that I feel epitomizes how to design a character in this series.

• Thumbs Up 1

Any problems that comic had were forgiven at this very sequence.

Er... with all due respect... the whole El Gran Gordo routine was one of the things I disliked the most about the whole thing. But let's move on before this gets too off-the-rails.

Er... with all due respect... the whole El Gran Gordo routine was one of the things I disliked the most about the whole thing.

post-35593-you-make-me-sad-gif-Monty-Pyt

But yes, let's move on I suppose.

Since Big doesn't have any differing designs, will the personality differences do fine enough?

Or should I pick another character?

• Thumbs Up 6

Sonic Riders Knuckles is best Knuckles! His skiing goggles (I think they're skiing goggles) are cool and his shoes have a cool design. Actually, I think all the characters generally look cool in their Riders gear. =3

Knuckles_-1-1-.png

I also have a great fondness for the Classic designs. Sonic was cute and podgy, Tails was simply adorable, Dr Eggman looked funny and round and Knuckles had a buff chest signifying his strength! Classic Amy is cute too, but I have to say her taste in fashion was...kinda out there. XD

Since Big doesn't have any differing designs, will the personality differences do fine enough?

Or should I pick another character?

Because of the effort you put into your post about Big, I wouldn't want you to waste it. So it's fine.

• Thumbs Up 1

Because of the effort you put into your post about Big, I wouldn't want you to waste it. So it's fine.

Hooray!

My runner-up was going to be Dr. Eggman, but I really didn't want to compete with you.

• Thumbs Up 1

Question #10: What is/are your favourite design(s) for your top favourite character?

Favorite designs for your favorite characters? I switch between Sonic and Shadow, so why not do both? First up is Sonic.

sonic03_32.png

How can you not love Classic Sonic? He's short, pudgy, wide-eyed, friendly-looking, and colorful, which just makes him all-around affable and cute. I would've used the model from Generations instead, but I realized the buttbrow and smaller mouth just kinda made him look gruffer, and it takes away a bit from his overall appeal. So nope; give me this little sucker in traditional airbrushed glory all day every day.

Sonic_29.pngSonicadventureretouchraresdisco.png

Adventure and Adventure 2 Sonic still. The crazy, noodle-y graffiti-esque look to it just had instant appeal as a rebrand for the character. The curves and exaggeration make him feel energetic, and the poses were a lot more unique and fan to the eye, much more so than current traditional pieces from Uekawa. And screw everyone; I still like the SOAP Shoes. The sneaker shape makes sense and acts as a nice contrast to the rest of his curvy frame. They were awesome.

Riders_sonic05.png

Riders Sonic is cool too. I like his lighter blue color, as well as the athletic additions to his attire like the glasses, thicker gloves, and boots. The in-game exaggeration of his lower limbs doesn't bother me; it's a design decision that points focus to both the act of controlling an Extreme Gear as well as the overall more cartoony nature of the series. Speaking of which, props also go to the in-game models having comparatively great facial rigs and expressions. It was a breath of fresh air at the time to see them with a greater range of emoting.

Last but not least:

Sonic_pose_110.png

Modern-era Sonic. I think Verte explained why really well why Sonic looks great her in a technical sense. In short, he's just a nicely-balanced character, and much more softened from his earlier counterparts. He's feels like an amalgamation of the best of all of the earlier designs, and it's a really good solid design. Hopefully he's here to stay for a long time, barring everything else around him changing.

As for Shadow, he honestly doesn't have a lot of radically different designs but umma do my best!

Shadow_2.png

SA2 Shadow's a handsome devil. He plays into the same appealing qualities that SA2 Sonic does; same long-limbed exaggeration, same sharp, energetic feel. He's just kinda cool-looking. Doesn't hurt that he had a way of carrying himself that was a bit more dignified and serious- a good serious- than his more action-oriented outings in ShtH and Sonic 06.

spoiler'd for size:

S.T.H._-_Artwork_-_9_%28Shadow%29.png

I'm not fond of the Heroes-era designs at all- either in-game or the models- but I will admit they improved them significantly in the high-quality renders for ShtH, and Shadow here looks cool. Less harsh lighting and texturing, smoother surfaces, better-defined surfaces, and better proportions between the head, feet, and hands tones him down but still keep him appealing. This was also the start of the "fur texture-knitted gloves-dirty shoes" cliche, and it makes him look that much better here.

Shadow_Bios.png

And of course, Modern-era Shadow. Same as Sonic, he's a softer and slightly more refined version of past models. Maybe we'll get to see it in more use in the near future. Please? ^^;;

..... This took much longer than I thought it would.

• Thumbs Up 3

Day 9!!

My favorite character is and always was KNUCKLES!

Knuckles has been my favorite since Day 1. well, honestly. it is hard to say. lemme tell ya that I always did prefer Knuckles, but in the beginning, I threw a fit when I found out sonic x was airing on TV!  Why?? was it because I hated sonic?? no. I only knew sonic existed because  i saw what, from the image from my 4 year old girl memory , must be AoSTH . It was because I was afraid Kirby would have been kicked of the air by it. 

But anyway... my SFD (Sonic Fan Disorder, which seems chronic and long lived) Began in 2004, one rough winter when out only escape from the painful reality of a horrible flu and house hold repairs was to play video games. Honestly, Sonic games were the hit in our house at time. But one day, we were going to do something at a local hardware store, and My siblings and I decided to pretend to be Sonic characters (as we were playing through SA2 at the time) . I decided to be Knuckles. my sister was shadow and My brother was tails. we were pretending to  be on an air plane, and Tails spotted a chaos emerald in Shadows bag. then Knuckles had to distract shadow while tails took it. It was fun.... and the birth of my love and affection (in a normal and not unnatural way) Of Knuckles the Echidna!

He was my favorite why? well, hard to say! I really just liked him, and often pitied him because the other characters were always very hard on him.  

BUT I REALIZE I MESSED UP, and this is not today's question after all :(

Okay, then, my favorite design for my favorite character??

Knuckles_SA2.png  Of course the SA2 version of KTE!

Why? well, simply put, I think this is the most buff and dynamic design (boom knux aside) that Knuckles had. he is stronger than he looks, but in honesty, I like this design because I feel it truly represents Knuckles' character as a outdoors type guy, Rough and tumble, but not completely heartless. He looks nice to me and I love it!!

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, Tails is definitely adorable by himself, but... (images spoilered because I literally couldn't find smaller pictures)

Tails_Sonic_Boom_V2.png

the-blacksmith.png

Tails_53.png

...I swear putting goggles on him makes him 200% cuter. There's really not much to say about this.

My favorite design for Tails? I guess that would be his Sonic Boom design.

640px-Snapshot_-_14.png

He pulls off this look really well in my opinion. I kind of wish this could also become his main series design. Coming second would be the armor he wears in StC whenever he's in the Nameless Zone.

STC61-Tails.jpg

I just love how it makes him look badass without compromising how cute he is.

84438171.jpg

THIS is how you redesign a video game mascot icon. While it changes up Sonic's height and hair style quite a bit, it's still Sonic the Hedgehog in his prime form, growing older yet still doing what he does best as time goes on. 

Everyone in this topic that's already covered it perfectly, as have I ad nausem, but Modern Sonic's look just ticks with me so well. He still looks like a Hedgehog, blends in with every character perfectly, whether it be humans or his fellow animal friends, and he's just so damn expressive, maybe even more than his Classic counterpart. I'm so used to this look that it's not just a redesign. It's what Sonic is at his core, and I would never change a single thing about him. He's just absolutely perfect in his Modern form, and I never want it to go away. Sonic has stuck with this look for a while now, and I couldn't be happier. Rock on, Modern Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 3

Day 10: Favorite Design to Top Favorite character:

Sonic+Generations+Tails.png

I've already picked Tails as my favorite character, but what's his favorite design? I could either go modern or classic for Tails. I just love both of them and find them both adorable. He has two tails and can use them to make him run/fly really, fast enough where he can at least catch up with Sonic.

Sonic-Free-Riders-Tails-art.png

There's also the Sonic Riders design I really love, because it shows Tails' prowess skills as a tech mechanic and also a pilot. I guess the goggles make him look cool, like the Sonic Boom design. I think I'm going to go with the Riders design for Tails as my favorite.

[ Day 10 : Favorite Designs For Your Favorite Character ]

For simplicity's sake, I'll just say Sonic is my absolute favorite since I can't decide. I think my absolute favorite designs for all the characters would have be Sonic the Screensaver's design.  I was actually quite disappointed that there nothing more came of these pictures.  They're absolutely beautiful, not to mention cute!

Sonic54.jpg

Special mention goes to this little tidbit from the Sonic Spinball instruction manual.  It has the sleek physique and flare of modern Sonic with the charm of classic Sonic.

spinball.png

However, I do love the way he's designed currently and would hate to see it done away with.  It's super charming, has just enough of a cutesy kiddy feel for me to love it, but also has just the right amount of edge and attitude to keep him in character.

• Thumbs Up 4

My favourite Sonic design is the classic Japanese Sonic. It looks cute and badass at the same time, it's Mickey Mouse meets Michael Jackson. I also like the newer design used since Secret Rings a lot, it's a lot better than the older depictions of "Modern" Sonic.

I don't like the classic American design.