Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

s2-mz-badniks.jpg

While they're a real pain in the ass, the infamous Metropolis Trio (Metrio...? Nah.) are admirable and deserve a--

tumblr_mnn5sfA73W1s201hzo1_400.gif

.....One of those. They're some of Dr. Eggman's most efficient and effective bots. You can almost never see Shellcrackers coming, Sonic has to act very quickly to avoid an Astron pack's spear attack, and Slicers always know where to stand so they can effectively strike. All three have a 99% success rate. Why Eggman doesn't just spread these guys everywhere, I'll never understand.......... Though it's probably for the best of our patience.

• Thumbs Up 2

There's only one badnik I can think about at the moment (and I want to precise that this is not meant to be as an April's Fool)

I actually believe he can be cataloged as a badnik, since who created him got inspiration from the actual creation process.

Don't worry, I can definitely assure you that he's a Badnik, full stop, no questions asked.

Really effective one too, had Sonic on the emotional ropes and everything.

While they're a real pain in the ass, the infamous Metropolis Trio (Metrio...? Nah.)

Use the name that I always give them.

The Badnik Bastards.

• Thumbs Up 8

I do like how so many people ended up picking Egg Pawns/Egg Fighters/etc even though the original point of the question was strictly Badnik-types. That's okay though, I gave up with the original intention ages ago as a result of that, you can choose whatever at this point. tongue.png

I'm sorry, but I missed that bolded, yet important detail with the original question. Seeing that I am the one that will be issuing the badges for this event, which calls for me to pay attention and not miss important details to determine who earns what in that regard, I feel that I should hold that standard even in regards to my participation and posts during this event as well. That said, I went on and edited my happy.png

• Thumbs Up 3

I forgot this isn't day 2 yet.. Shoot. But everyone is coming up with such good badni-- OMOCHAO! GET OUTTA HERE. Um.. sorry.

But E101mk II was the freaking best! I forgot about him even though I mentioned E102 Gamma. He really should have been massed reproduced, rather than the gamma badnicks in SA2 =P Good job you guys! Also by badnik 'types' what did you mean? =P I'm not good with them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also by badnik 'types' what did you mean? =P I'm not good with them.

By "Badnik-types", I meant... well, um, any robots that "look" like proper Badniks. That is, not Egg Pawns, Egg Fighters, Egg Gunners, and so on. It's not just limited to the Badniks in the Classic games either, you can choose Badniks from other games like Adventure 1 and the Advances as well.

However, because a lot of folk went ahead and said Egg Pawns and other things anyway, I decided to just let them be. tongue.png

This sounds great! Nice OP crusher, I think I'll try get in on this action, if no-one minds.

My favourite badnik?

Motobug.png

The Moto Bug.

Rolling through these guys is a blast -- found in Green Hill zone, it's quite to normal to rack up some immense momentum and not realise how many of the little fellas you're popping open as you pass by. In fact, their role as spin-fodder is one of the main reasons they're so awesome; the sound of them breaking in their dozens as I carve a route through Green Hill is something I always find to be very satisfying.

The design is, for me, one of the most iconic badnik designs ever (not surprising, given where they are found, but still). The bold red shell, cutesy face and deceptively fun-looking pincers make up a look that is more than at home with the Sonic series. Bear in mind the whole 'nature vs. industry' thing the classics had going on, and you can also headcanon why it (and a lot of the badniks) look like animals, that the good doctor camouflaged his deathbots to take over the island as inside men.

Moto Bugs: cool dudes.

(Also: WHY HOMEM DAMNIT YOU'RE MAKING ME LOOK BAD I mean ninja'd sad.png )

• Thumbs Up 4

As no one seems to have mentioned them. I am going to go with Buzz Bombers.

Much like the Moto Bug they have been there sense the first game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Egg Pawns baby.

Expressive in their own right, simple yet efficient enough to stay on board since their Heroes debut and just oh-so ADORABLE (especially their Lost World looks). I hold a soft spot for them (shaddup Heroes was my first main series Sonic game :u)

• Thumbs Up 1

Question #1: What are your favourite Badniks?

Well, this is a tough one to start the 30 days thing.

I don't really have a favorite Badnik. For me they're just random enemies with the usual predictable patterns that every platformer has.

To tell the truth, I don't really remember many of them. There's the Motobug, the Eggrobo, the Egg Pawn and its multiple recolors and of course Metal Sonic (this one's a different story), but if I had to name a "favorite" by design alone, it would be the Turtloids.

878JjZ8.png

I mean, just look at it and tell me it isn't the hypest shit.

It's a turtle dude riding another turtle dude. You just can't go wrong with a design like this.

• Thumbs Up 2

For me they're just random enemies with the usual predictable patterns that every platformer has.

ngbbs514caed60e6fc.jpg

You have failed me, young Padawan-na.

• Thumbs Up 5

Personally, I love whatever that blue armadillo thing in Spring Yard Zone is. I think someone mentioned it was called Roller...?

I'm not a big fan of anything from the 'classic' series, but I do fondly remember that git. Sure, he's a pain in the ass, and he was annoying as hell at the time, but looking back? It feels clever to have an enemy use your own attack against you. I never saw him, and always ended up getting smacked as he just... Spins past you.

Almost makes me understand Eggman's frustration with Sonic.

Aside from that, the striking red and blue colour combo really does it for me. Again, I guess that's another imitation of Sonic? What really makes the design for me though is the V shaped head. So cool!

Back when Sega did the needlemouse badnik design contest, Roller was the one I took a stab at. If only I could find that picture...

• Thumbs Up 1

Day #1 - What are your favourite Badniks?

I had to think about this one for a while, but in the end I decided to go with this fellow...

8tzqmek.png

Because I like bunnies and it's adorable?

I had a bundle of the TOMY Badnik figures when I was a kid and the Splats one always confused me because it was the only one I couldn't find anywhere in the games despite searching for it, so it stuck in my mind for a long time just for that reason. After I found out it was scrapped, its design still appealed to me a lot and I remember it was one of the Badniks I would draw quite a lot when I was younger, and it was cool to finally see it make an appearance in the iOS port last year.

I also like Motobug, although a lot of other people already made some good points on why I do.

Day 1 of PRESIDENT CROW'S Sanic Crusade!

tumblr_lg28r1cmQi1qelw8lo1_1280.jpg

Scratch and Grounder!

I absolutely love Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, to the point that its my favorite Sonic anything. Scratch and Grounder will always be my favorite duo of the series because they're so damn lovable. They constantly struggle to get Robotnik's attention and while proving their worth. They do try their best at catching that blue rodent but unfortunately Sonic always manages to trick the two into falling into their own trap every single time. They also have a bit of a rivalry going on as well, trying to prove which one Robotnik likes better. While they may be bumbling robots who face a lot of abuse but they're just so entertaining to watch. They're some of my favorite Sonic characters ever and I can't help but gush on how amazing they are.

But yeah, outside of the games, it's totally these guys.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 1 of PRESIDENT CROW'S Sanic Crusade!

Scratch and Grounder!

What our glorious president just said. They are badniks too, after all!

Penguinator is still the best, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 1: What is your favourite badnik?

Well... in no particular order...

Mecha-Bu.PNG

Mecha-Bu

SSMB... this badnik... has a saw for a face! It has a saw for a face! Do you have a saw for a face!? NO! THATS WHY YOU'RE NOT AWESOME!

Sasori.PNG

Sasori

This dude I love, something about the colour of it, the fact it's a huge scorpion thing and that laser thing! I love this guy, I don't know what it is but it just looks so cool. 

But I keep thinking of this one most of all...

Grabber.png

Grabber.

There you are... minding your own business, when all of a sudden... GIANT MECHANICAL SPIDER! Something about this combinattion.

* I am a giant spider.

* I live in the shadows of a chemical plant.

* I can grab you and kill you.

* When I explode... the animal inside me dies!

* Did I mention I'm so scary that they coloured me the same colours as a killer bee!? 

There's something about this badnik which almost everybody does and I can't think of any other badnik that has this effect on a player... that being... when Grabber grabs you for the first time... you go out of your way to find a second and try to get him to grab you a second time just for the hell of it.

SSMB... Grabber is the first example of a psychological badnik.

Otherwise my favourite is Metal Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 5

My favorite badnik, huh? That one's easy!

Sa2_monobeetles.png

Oh GUN Mono Beetle, being my stepping stone to victory...

Okay, but seriously. It's the Orbinaut and it's different iterations.

Orbinaut.png

Sol.png

Star_Pointer_in_ICZ.png

It's the simplicity, a orb with four spiky balls. The ones in Starlight Zone are kind of cruel, you have to get hit and lose you're well earned rings in order to free your animal friend from being used as a battery.

• Thumbs Up 1

By "Badnik-types", I meant... well, um, any robots that "look" like proper Badniks. That is, not Egg Pawns, Egg Fighters, Egg Gunners, and so on. It's not just limited to the Badniks in the Classic games either, you can choose Badniks from other games like Adventure 1 and the Advances as well.

However, because a lot of folk went ahead and said Egg Pawns and other things anyway, I decided to just let them be. tongue.png

Wait a minute, isn't the one thing badniks have in common the tiny animal they use as a battery, meaning that Egg Pawns technically count as badniks as of Lost World? Not criticizing your opinion or anything though...

Wait a minute, isn't the one thing badniks have in common the tiny animal they use as a battery, meaning that Egg Pawns technically count as badniks as of Lost World? Not criticizing your opinion or anything though...

But they didn't in their debut, hoho.

But they didn't in their debut, hoho.

Good point, I didn't think of that.

Oh so Egg Pawns don't count.

Well darn. Gotta try to come up with something else that I remotely like on par with them...

uh...

Motobug? I mean, they're the f-first sort of enemy in the games proper...and then there's this...? 

• Thumbs Up 1

My favorite badnik, huh? That one's easy!

Sa2_monobeetles.png

Oh GUN Mono Beetle, being my stepping stone to victory...

These aren't even made by Eggman...let alone badniks.

These aren't even made by Eggman...let alone badniks.

See the spoiler, mate. It was humor.

I don't know if I have a favorite badnik especially, but I've always been fond of the Orbinaut line. 

Orbinaut.png

I'm not sure why, exactly. Maybe it's how they've been in more games than most badniks, maybe it's their simple but memorable design, but it's the first thing that springs to my mind when I think badnik. 

EDIT: Just saw Crusher's post. Whoops. 

• Thumbs Up 1

top 5 favorite special stages

1. Sonic Colors DS - i love the idea of running and collecting the blue circles and sometimes and red and yellow ones. I also love the music and its a joy

2. Sonic 4 Episode 1: I like that I control the board instead of controling the character.

3. Sonic 4 Episode 2: The music and I love that Tails helps this time.

4. Sonic 3 and K - i like collecting blue sphres and I like the music

5. Sonic Advance 2 - i like running around in the stage and fighting during it. and the music! 

• Thumbs Up 2