Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

Anything from Shadow the Hedgehog.

Damn.. we been deteted - Espio

Damn they got away - Sonic

Dammit only a few second to the bomb goes off! - Knuckles

It looks like (they got away/light the fire/hop the fire well lend the rings/ran away/your on guns most wanted list etc)

Why? Because this isnt ment to be funny but the writers of this game fail to write a good scrip for this game. Its just the amonts of hard core egdy that they try to make the game be is what makes these lines unintentonal funny when its not really something to be laugh at. They over do it but this is a gulty pleasure to me. So yes these as unintentonal funny.

oh and Shadows "you got this Sonic" from Sonic Generations. i dont know but it makes me laugh for some reason. maybe its his voice.

"I was supposed to be the fasted, but I was too slow to save my buddy...." - This line from Lost World is awful. This seems more like a line that would come out of a Sonic parody rather than an official product! I can just imagine a picture of that crudely drawn Sanic Hedgehog photoshopped over a picture of space with this quote.

"How'd you get here so quickly?!" - Again, another awful line. I can't tell if this line is supposed to be a joke or its just bad writing. Considering this is Unleashed we're talking about I think its the latter.

"Get ready to be schooled!" - A line from Eggman in the Sonic Rush games. What is this Eggman? A 90's dance off?

Day 11 - What is/are the most unintentionally funny quote(s) for you?

"Yes, but that alone is insufficient!" - Sonic '06 (Shadow the Hedgehog)

"Well then, it'll be a date to DIE for!" - Sonic Heroes (Shadow the Hedgehog)

"It's No Use" - Sonic '06 (Silver the Hedgehog)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tMyzJSauOg

"As soon as I conquer the world, I will pay you!" - Sonic Heroes (Dr. Eggman)

"This presents a problem." - Sonic Adventure (E-102γ Gamma)

• Thumbs Up 2

That little dance Eggman does when he's vunerable has and will forever kill me.

..."Eeehhh, macarena!"

• Thumbs Up 3

Question #12: What is/are the most unintentionally funny quote(s) for you?

This is actually a hard one for me, because most of the ones I can think of or ones that people listed just come off as cringe-worthy to me versus outright funny. An easy one though would be Tails' "We all did it together! =D" at the end of SA2, where everyone is brooding about the events that just transpired, like, you know, someone is burning in the atmosphere right now.

However, there exists an in-joke between me and my friend when Black Doom is supposedly mind-controlling Shadow as he shows him what's happened on the ARK here (19:53). Doom soon instructs Shadow with a "Now GO!" and gestures really hard with his arm. It's only funny to us because we imagine him accidentally smacking Shadow in the face and sending him tumbling through the vacuum of space.

... Oh yeah! Am I the only one who's heard Lancelot's failure line when you fall into a pit? =D Seriously it's amazing guys. Right now, go boot up Black Knight, go to the difficult dragon slaying mission as Lancelot, and just fall into a pit before you reach him. He literally screams "I HAVE FAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIILED!!!" in Griffith's gruffest, most narmiest Shadow voice ever. First time I heard that shit, I literally bust out laughing. Yeah, that's my pick. xD

"As soon as I conquer the world, I will pay you!" - Sonic Heroes

But... but that one's intentionally funny

Day 12: Unintentionally Funny Lines

ELLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSEEEEEE!!!

This is supposed to be a rather sad moment but Jason Griffiths delivery just makes it funny and narmy as all hell.

Also we have these gems:

"GET A LOAD OF THIS!"

"TIME FOR A CHANGE OF PACE!"

"NO WAY I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!"

"WORTHLESS CONSUMER MODELS!"

"WOO! FEELING GOOD!"

"WATCH OUT YOUR GONNA CRASH! AAAUUGHH!"

Favorite most unintentionally funny quote:

For me it would have to be...

"Too bad its all over...FOR YOU!"

I don't know what it is about that line, its sooo over the top that it just ends up being more humorous than it would serious. This is one of the narmiest quotes I've heard in a Sonic game, that it will take this spot.

As a runner up, there's also...

"I wonder what happened to..." Just listen...

This one line is so hilariously bad that I just can't help but laugh. Its just so awkwardly said, it ends up being something I would end up just laughing at it than cringing at it.

... Oh yeah! Am I the only one who's heard Lancelot's failure line when you fall into a pit? =D Seriously it's amazing guys. Right now, go boot up Black Knight, go to the difficult dragon slaying mission as Lancelot, and just fall into a pit before you reach him. He literally screams "I HAVE FAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIILED!!!" in Griffith's gruffest, most narmiest Shadow voice ever. First time I heard that shit, I literally bust out laughing. Yeah, that's my pick. xD

How could I forget this one? :lol:

I also find Sonic's "Oh no!" line when he falls into a pit in SatSR  highly funny because he's saying it like it's only a minor inconvenience to him XD

Shadow's "Nuooooo!" scream when falling in a pit in '06 is funny because of how over-dramatic it is as well.

Pretty much everything in this cutscene.

It's like Omochao's spirit was set loose when you threw him into the pit in city escape, found the nearest host, and possesed Tails, making him even more of an expositional-spouting robot than he was before.

"Oh no!" - Sonic's death line in Secret Rings

To me, it comes off as if he's only mildly annoyed about dying. Pretty damn hilarious at times.

Then we have Generations' one...

"WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!"

(Oh, and the other languages used for Sonic never cease to crack me up)

Which sounds extremely comical, as if he fell off a cliff, Wile E. Coyote style.

And here's a few from SA1 that I find equally funny:

• Time to make a house call! - Knuckles
  • This is the wrong room - Gamma
  • That's Eggman! IwonderwhathappenedtoSonic - Tails
  • Every Eggman line from the boss fights
  • TAILS! WAIT FOR ME! - Eggman

I could go on, but I'd be here all day. The rest of the thread will surely post the rest. laugh.png

Oh man, I almost forgot this beauty:

"WOO! Feelin' good!" - Sonic in Unleashed

Edited by TheCakeMeister
  • Thumbs Up 4

Shadow's "Nuooooo!" scream when falling in a pit in '06 is funny because of how over-dramatic it is as well.

I think everyone in Sonic 06 sounds really OTT when they fall in a pit. Silver's all like "NnnnOOOOOOOOO!" and my favourite one, Rouge, sounds like she's about to have an orgasm.

"Ahhhhh~"

How could I forget this one? laugh.png

I also find Sonic's "Oh no!" line when he falls into a pit in SatSR  highly funny because he's saying it like it's only a minor inconvenience to him XD

I don't know; the severely melodramatic delivery is completely unforgettable. <3

You also reminded me of two more: Knuckles' Virtua Cop-level "oh no :/" when he gets hit by Sonic in the vs. fight in Adventure, and Shadow's "LET'S GET MOVING!" in Flame Core. I imagine the latter line was supposed to be accompanied by the characters actually going extremely fast. But that section is easy to get clipped on something and slow the character to a comparative crawl, yet they still say it. It's like they're judging you and hurrying you along.

Question #12: What is/are the most unintentionally funny quote(s) for you?

maxresdefault.jpg
"IT'S NO USE"

The line itself isn't particularly special (although the delivery is kinda odd) but context is important. When you first start playing the boss fight with Silver, your first instinct is going to be to close the distance and try to attack him. That's how these all go, right? Wrong. You can't get close to him for if you do, you get stun locked against an invisible wall until you're dead. It really is no use. The repetition of this quote upon being chain-smashed against an invisible wall- just the thought of that is funny to me. 

"Find the Computer room" is also kinda funny, achieving meme status from just the delivery alone. 

"OUT OF MY WAY OR YOU'RE TOAST"

Shadow always brings the cringe but this time it's funny because the line itself is kind of unlike him. Seriously who still uses that phrase?
  • Thumbs Up 3

If this counts, I wanna throw in

"CHECK OUT THA CONSOLES. WHOOOOOOA."

If not, I'm going with this quote from Sonic Shuffle (8:19):

"Why was I... BAAAAAAAUUUUUURRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH??????"

• Thumbs Up 3

This is actually a hard one for me, because most of the ones I can think of or ones that people listed just come off as cringe-worthy to me versus outright funny. An easy one though would be Tails' "We all did it together! =D" at the end of SA2, where everyone is brooding about the events that just transpired, like, you know, someone is burning in the atmosphere right now.

However, there exists an in-joke between me and my friend when Black Doom is supposedly mind-controlling Shadow as he shows him what's happened on the ARK here (19:53). Doom soon instructs Shadow with a "Now GO!" and gestures really hard with his arm. It's only funny to us because we imagine him accidentally smacking Shadow in the face and sending him tumbling through the vacuum of space.

Tails is actually doing a great service, I reckon. He brightens everything up and interrupts the blasphemous sentences coming out of Robotnik's mouth, yet he gets treated like scum. Wake up, Sonic's world. Earth. Mobius. Planet Freedom. Something.

Black Doom is just proud of his boy, but he hasn't seem him in a long time, so he doesn't know how to interact with him like a proper dad. Totally canon.

Let's not forget another favourite relating to '06 Shadow...

Shadow: "AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!"

Subtitles: "Ack!"

• Thumbs Up 4

Day 11: [Laugh Track]

I might as well go for ones I've always found funny but aren't commonly mentioned among fans.

"The Master Emerald contains special powers that neutralize the energy of the Chaos Emeralds; that makes it very powerful." This is probably an odd choice, but I find it kind of funny that Knuckles explains what the Master Emerald can do to try and dissuade Rouge from taking it, as if a thief would care about that sort of thing. Knuckles is adorable.

One of Omochao's lines if you pick him up and throw him around is "I'll go tell my mom on you!" ...so, about that theory about Omochao being Mr. Know-it-All's mind being shoved into a robot...

"Don't worry, Mr President, everything's under control. Just leave it to us!" I just...I don't know why I find this one so hilarious exactly. I guess it's just the thought of Sonic the Hedgehog just casually talking to this world leader who has no idea what the hell is going on.

"Eggman"/Metal Sonic in Heroes has a lot of funny lines to me, for some reason. I suppose it's not just the lines themselves, or the hilarious delivery, but that it's the supposedly super threatening killer robot Metal Sonic that's saying things like "OH NO!! BOTH ROTORS ARE GONE!!!!!" And then there's some of the things he says as Metal Sonic. "Burn to death!" Oh, you adorable rascal.

"Mr. Yuji Naka is alright!" always makes me laugh.

Every one of Shadow's "this is who I am" speeches are incredibly hilarious. Especially the ones where he starts laughing at the end, but every single one is just so overdone. Also, everything Black Doom says, ever.

"The whole city's on fire!" This one is made fun of a lot, mind you, but it deserves a mention. I mean, wow, I hadn't noticed. Thanks, Sonic.

All of Sonic's in-game voice clips in Unleashed. I'll never not find the incredibly enthusiastic "WOO"s hilarious.

When Charmy chants about being a "free bee" in Generations...I dunno, maybe it was intended to be funny, but either way, it's just weird

• Thumbs Up 7

Day 12: Most Unintentionally Funny Quotes

As any form of audiovisual media with plot-driven narrative elements, it is difficult not to find yourself listening to a particular line and find it unintentionally funny even when that line is supposed to be serious or dramatic. The Sonic The Hedgehog franchise is no exception, and quite honestly there are a good amount of funny quotes to remember. Personally, I can come up with these ones at the moment (I could post more that I can think of later)...

Tails: "It looks like the Princess has been moved to another location" (Sonic The Hedgehog 2006)

Woah there, Tails! Princess Elise has been moved to another location? What, perhaps in any of Bowser's castles? This line seriously reminds me (and quite possibly most of the audience who played Sonic '06) of any Super Mario game, and that's not what I wanted to find out in a Sonic game at all.

Oh, and by the way, that line came right after you beat Wave Ocean. Seriously, don't you just love it when a level means absolutely nothing plot-wise?

Eggman: "You know what they say: the more the merrier!" (Shadow The Hedgehog)

The fact that Dr Eggman keeps saying this line during the Egg Breaker boss fight every... single... damn... time is annoying as hell. And yet hilarious at the same time. If we had the classic "Get a load of this!" line from Sonic Adventure, that one alone could perfectly fit in as well.

Eggman: "Wah-ah! Wah-ha ha ha ha ha!" & "Wah-ha ha! Smash 'em all!" (Sonic Heroes)

Yep, another repetitive line (better yet, two quotes!) from Dr Eggman. This time from Sonic Heroes' Robot Storm / Carnival boss fights. Every time he deploys a wave of robots to destroy you, he says these two lines. Honestly, whenever he says "Smash 'em all!" with an added laugh afterwards makes me wonder if he's pleased that I AM the one who's smashing his robots.

• Thumbs Up 2

Here's another one.

"So, you must be Omega..."

Great disguise and trickery skills, Metal Sonic.

"Where's that DAMN fourth chaos emerald?"

Not unintentionally funny, per se, but it's just so quotable.

Also this gem of a conversation:

"You're comparing yourself to me? Ha! You're not even good enough to be my fa-"

"I'll make you eat those words!"

I forgot about this one. It's actually not particularly hilarious on it's own or anything, I just find it funny because I'm reminded of a certain Stephen King story...

"HEEEERE'S SONIC!"

• Thumbs Up 1

Seeing as how "Taking candy from a baby" and "it's no use" have already been claimed, I'll go for another - 

"SHIT! ROCK! NYEH!! SHIT! ROCK! NYEH!! SHIT! ROCK! NYEH!!"

To this day I have no idea what the hell Knuckles was actually saying. Cracks me up whenever it isn't driving me insane.

• Thumbs Up 2