Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

I assume he's saying "Let's rock the earth!", but don't quote me on that.

Day 12: What is/are the most unintentionally funny quote(s) for you?

The overly repeated voice-over lines in boss fights or gameplay from Dr. Eggman. 

Almost every game in the series where Eggman is voiced has at least one or two lines of this nature which instantly become the go-to quote of the game. (besides other possible non-mad scientist ones too)

From the classic "Get a load of THIS!" and "No Way, I can't Believe this!" from Adventure, to the obnoxious "You know what they say, The More The Merrier!!" from Shadow, to the minimal but effective " You Little! You little..." from Unleashed, to the pretty great "Time for a Change of Pace!" from Generations, the Doc always seems to find a way to just say these lines in the most ridiculous manner possible.

But the one quote that has stuck with me throughout this series, one that has had me pondering through restless days and nights, trying to pinpoint what exactly it's use conveys, is this:

"Yosh!" 

Ju-Just ...Yosh... What does Yosh even mean?

Is it an exclamation point taken vocal form?
Or it could be the satisfaction of the care and petting of a Chao?
Perhaps a pleased aura of triumph and charisma when destroying his enemies and frolicking about with hops?
Maybe it's the ancient Robotnik mating call, passed down through generations to ensure the next kin of evil genius will be born? 

Whatever the origins of this "Yosh" may be, it's definitely one of the weirdest lines that Dr. Eggman has been quoted saying, and it is why it intrigues me so.
  • Thumbs Up 3

Or it could be the satisfaction of the care and petting of a Chao?

Don't joke like that, man.

Besides, we know he's satisfied at the care and feeding of a Grinch.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 12: Most Unintentionally Hilarious Lines

"Great party, Eggman!" - Sonic after defeating the final boss (Sonic Heroes)

The line itself isn't all that weird, it's more how throughout the game, Sonic's constantly refering to Eggman's plans as a "party". From the very first cutscene it's just Sonic being his usual cocksure self, but as he keeps making that joke, I can't help but imagine Sonic actually believing that Eggman's throwing a real party and doing something ridiculous, like bringing chips and dip to the final boss and acting like this battle of life and death is actually a party. Or some alternate universe where Eggman making a declaration of world conquest is 'friend-code' for "Party at my place".

Aside from that, all of Eggman's boss boss dialouge in SA1

My personal favorite is "No way! I can't believe this!", because he constantly says that during the fight with Chaos 6, and then makes the same reaction after the fight. It's like that's the only way he knows how to react to anything.

"Wahahaa! See if you can make it through HERE Sonic!"

*gets hit*

"No way! I can't believe this!"

*Egg Viper gets destroyed*

*Chaos betrays him, transforms into a giant monster and starts destroying the city*

*accidentally oversleeps*

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 12:

Quotes...

"LOOK AT ALL THOSE EGGMAN'S ROBOTS!"

WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU GO TO SCHOOL, TAILS?

"It's not just a race... But a special race to see who's the fastest!"

WHAT IS "just a race" TO YOU, EGGMAN?

There's probably more, but I can't think at the moment.

For me its a tie between this

and this

Seriously shadow is just a wellspring of comedy gold sometimes but these two lines right here are probably some of his best ones for me in comedic value.

Special shoutouts to eggmans very slow "yosh" that he says whenever he pets a chao in sonic adventure 2.

• Thumbs Up 4

Unintentionally funny Sonic quotes, eh? Well, I can narrow the SCORE of amazing ones down to my two favorites. First, the obvious:

No matter who you are, what your backstory is, how many people you've killed, or how soon you're going to blow up the Earth, you CANNOT expect to be taken seriously when you just made a time travel analogy relating to chickens hatching from eggs.

As for my second and absolute favorite. Well...

2l9gtxg.jpg

"HO!" I LOVE the amount of verve that Dan Green puts into this single line. I always chuckle quite a bit every time that I hear it. You can really tell that he was born to be in an Arthurian story like this with the effort that he puts into making Gawain's accent slightly different than Knuckles' and more "ye olde English-y." He's clearly having a lot of fun in this game. laugh.png
  • Thumbs Up 1

Tails knows something that we don't.

But he doesn't know that we don't know.

Why is Tails so tragic...

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 12

There are the obvious ones that have reached meme status already but my favorite comes from Sonic Riders:

riders_zpsb337e367.png

It took me years to catch onto this but now I can't hear it the same way again. I'm really curious to hear if this is another translation fail or not.

Nuff said.

I couldn't beleive something like this made it into the game. It almost has to be an epic translation fail, but I find it hard to beleive someone missed that. I mean, c'mon?! Seriously?! Its so outlandish its funny.

• Thumbs Up 1

One quote that I've always found so hilarious is this little gem from the end of Sonic Adventure 2, said by our good friend Tails:

"I don't know, but what I do know is...

WE ALL DID IT TOGETHER!"

Any remnant of me taking that scene where Eggman was speaking about how he wanted to be a great scientist after being inspired by his grandfather seriously was thrown out the window as soon as Tails says that, and the fact he says it so cheerfully breaks the dramatic tension. Hell lasted time I played the game I laughed my ass off when that quote was said. xP

Any remnant of me taking that scene where Eggman was speaking about how he wanted to be a great scientist after being inspired by his grandfather seriously was thrown out the window as soon as Tails says that

Good.

*crosses arms*

I couldn't beleive something like this made it into the game. It almost has to be an epic translation fail, but I find it hard to beleive someone missed that. I mean, c'mon?! Seriously?! Its so outlandish its funny.

It's not just redundant racing.

It's racing... to see who can get to the end the quickest!

On that note, a similar instance of redundancy would be Eggman's quote in Sonic 2006:

"His power... can change time... and even manipulate the fabric of time itself."

Hm. Maybe it's just Eggman in general who's redundant. 

I can't decide. Can I just say every "falling into a pit" noise ever? Whether it's Shadow's "NOOUGH!!!" in Sonic NextGen or Gamma's "Mission Failed" in SA1, it seems like no Sonic character is able to fall to their death without sounding weird in some way.

Seeing as how "Taking candy from a baby" and "it's no use" have already been claimed, I'll go for another - 

"SHIT! ROCK! NYEH!! SHIT! ROCK! NYEH!! SHIT! ROCK! NYEH!!"

To this day I have no idea what the hell Knuckles was actually saying. Cracks me up whenever it isn't driving me insane.

I think he's saying "shift rock". That makes the most sense to me, anyway.

But I can think of one that stands out for being a product of sheer stupidity on Tails' part:

I could go into an explanation on why I think Tails was absolutely right in that situation, but I don't want to derail the topic.

Hm. Maybe it's just Eggman in general who's redundant. 

Robotnik will say anything he has to, if it gives him more time to pull off his hand gestures.

Day 12~! 83 

Quotes huh? I'll give this one to~ 

Team Rose and Team Chaotix. 

Their pre-boss fight dialog. It makes me giggle hearing Vector's smooth voice being all polite only for it to become rough when Amy brushes him off. XDD 

I don't really notice unintentionally funny lines. I honestly never put together the whole Tails "All's well that ends well." thing until it was mentioned here.

Others like "Find the Computer Room" and "that DAMN forth Chaos Emerald" have never made me laugh...just cringe.

Unintentionally funny Sonic quotes

I do like Eggmans line during the race with Tails. "Tails, wait for me!" But I think that was supposed to be funny. Why would Tails wait?

I did come across some videos of all of Sonic and Shadows lines (and some that had been cut.) from Adventure 2. Judging by the Shadow quotes, Shadows first flashback before he starts his first level, that had gasping and what appeared to be running. Was Shadow himself gasping. I guess it's kinda silly that "The Ultimate Lifeform" can run out of breath, even though he technically doesn't use his feet to run.

You can view the video yourself, if you wanted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY0b87Pdfs8

Also here's Sonic's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ2scwnzKRw

There's a line that was cut, before Sonic sees Shadow at their first meeting. He goes "Those robots are a real pain in the bu-WHAT!" Then he sees Shadow. That line made me giggle.

• Thumbs Up 1

Imma go with something a little less common:

Day 12: Most Unintentionally Funny Quotes In The Sonic Series

Now; it's just the line spoken itself, but the little part of the scene that makes it funny to me, and also points out Tails'...hmm..observational skills.

http://youtu.be/XwtNXo1aQgs?t=1h21m46s

The way Tails was criticizing Sonic for 'gawking' at how huge the Egg Carrier was upon (crash)landing and telling him there's no time to waste, Tails being Captain Obvious points out the airship changing shape. Cue Sonic with a '..Really, Tails? Really?" expression that gives some unintentional funny ha-ha's.

Yeah...(I hope this counts :c)

• Thumbs Up 1

The way Tails was criticizing Sonic for 'gawking' at how huge the Egg Carrier was upon (crash)landing and telling him there's no time to waste, Tails being Captain Obvious points out the airship changing shape. Cue Sonic with a '..Really, Tails? Really?" expression that gives some unintentional funny ha-ha's.

Sure, Sonic. You've never been a Captain Obvious at any point in your life. Not even once.

• Thumbs Up 1

Huh, this is a tough one. However, I do happen to have some quotes I can use for this;

"That's Eggman! I wonder what happened to Sonic." - Tails, Sonic Adventure 1

The line starts off fine, but when he says the last few words, Tails suddenly goes into a complete different tone. It's so weird.

"Ahh! What happened to the floor?!" - Amy, Sonic Heroes

Said by her during Hang Castle when it flips back rightside up. I know she's supposed to be freaking out, but it just sounds so hilarious.

"Oh no." - Knuckles, Sonic Adventure 1

Why this line? Simple. It just sounds so flat, like he doesn't even care that he's getting hit. xD

To be fair, regarding the infamous racing line, in the context of the game it's almost certain he means "fastest ever", since it was a big tournament and all that. I dunno, it still sounds silly, but I sorta see what the writers/translators meant.

Day 12: Hilarious quotes.

YO PUNCH AIN'T GOT NO JUICE FO!!!! - Emerl, Sonic Battle. I mean really, who did he copy to talk like that?

"Heeeere Chaos!!" Eggman before Chaos 4 fight in Knuckles story, Sonic Adventure. Listen to the delivery. He sounds so drunk every time.

That's nothing, what about the Tails version of the pre-Egg Hornet scene? When Robotnik says the "I am Dr. Robotnik..." line, he's screaming at the top of his lungs like he's had a few white lines.