Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

Day 12 Challenge: What is/are the most unintentionally funny quote(s) for you?

11/30 Challenges Completed

Another fun challenge!

I know it'll take me awhile to complete this day challenge since I really need to find some funny lines. laugh.png

Though, below I'll make sure to list the quote, where the quote comes from, and explain why I find it funny. 

315px-Sonic_vs_metal_sonic.png

1. "You might know everything I'm going to do, but that's not going to help you since I know everything you're going to do! Strange isn't it?!" - (Sonic OVA - Sonic vs Metal Sonic)

Reasoning: I'm quite a huge Sonic OVA fanboy, so of course this had to be mention! This mostly seems like it's trying to be a serious moment between Sonic and Metal Sonic, but it comes off as hilarious because of how Sonic sounds saying it. It's just one of those moments where a line can easily turn what's suppose to be a serious moment into a funny moment, and maybe that's really for the best to some degree seeing how other goofy moments happen during the fight (Knuckles whack-a-mole anyone?)

hqdefault.jpg

2. "I'll make you eat those words!" - (Sonic Adventure 2 - Sonic vs Shadow)

Reasoning: Another moment where a serious conversation ends up being funny, but this time it isn't exactly because of what was said, but as to the bad timing it was said. When Sonic tells Shadow that he'll make him eat those words, the line comes in right when Shadow is talking, pretty much cutting Shadow off. Whether this is intentional or not, it's still just hilarious to know that Sonic ended up getting so upset to the point where he would cut Shadow off from talking and want to quickly get into a fight with him right here and now. 

tumblr_mm58cySHHe1r49fsdo1_400.jpg

3. "That was a whole minute ago, man! Keep up!" - (Worlds Collide Crossover)

Reasoning: Nothing says I can't bring up comic moments! For people who don't know, Sonic and Mega Man had their own crossover, and it's pretty simple to figure out what all goes down. A misunderstanding happens, they realize the misunderstanding, team up, and go on a wild adventure to save the day. Simple stuff. What make this little moment very funny is that Mega Man is confused that Sonic could easily brush off their fight and go straight to trying to team up together. Could you honestly blame Mega Man for being so confused? If you were in a fight with someone and it seemed like you both were pretty serious about beating each other, would you expect the person you're fighting to just quickly come to the understanding that "Hey! This was all a misunderstanding! Okay, let's team up and fight the true villains who caused this mess!"? Mega Man really just isn't use to knowing someone that just has to go fast. 

hqdefault.jpg

4. "Even with wings, I can still fly!" - (Sonic Riders

Reasoning: There was always just something about that line and the entire scene that never sat right with me. Maybe it's because Sonic sounds so happy when he says it, maybe it's also because for some mysterious reason, Jet ends up flipping off his board. I'm honestly not sure, but Sonic, really, no. Stop it right there. Please. Don't believe that you can fly without wings. (Then again, there's Super Sonic...)

hqdefault.jpg

5. "Don't touch it!" - (Sonic 2006)

Reasoning: This one always makes me laugh. I know Shadow was serious about Rouge not touching that Chaos Emerald, but my goodness! He said it in an extremely serious voice! 

12/30 Challenges Completed

• Thumbs Up 5

"This blue sky... staring at it from afar... have I seen this before?" - Shadow, Sky Troops

hqdefault.jpg

Why yes, Shadow. I do believe you have!rolleyes.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Question #12: What is the most unintentionally funny quote for you?

When I read the question, I remembered immediately this one quote from Sonic Adventure 2: I'm the coolest!

What the fuck. You introduce this super serious character, a counterpart to Sonic in basically everything and then outta nowhere he says a completely out of character line that would sound cheesy even coming from Sonic's mouth.

TCCi92X.png

You know what's even worse? I only played Adventure 2 for the first time last year when it had that "HD" update. I experienced the edgelord that Shadow was in his own game and then I'm blasted with this 30 minutes in.

• Thumbs Up 2

Question #12: What is/are the most unintentionally funny quote(s) for you?

... Well, damn. Everyone here's already talked extensively about the particularly narmy material in various degrees. At this point, I do have one silly line that no one's talked about yet.

"Cool, it's raining fire!" by Sonic the Hedgehog, from Sonic the Hedgehog (2006).

Go to 2:16 for the line in question. To give this some context, he's saying this in the midsts of a very active volcano in the doomed, fire-torned ruins of his world, after exclaiming, "The whole city's on fire!" just a level before. The probable intent for the line is to make Sonic come across as a badass, willing to shrug off what would almost certainly be a ghastly sight for the common man for "excitement." However, to me, it just comes across as a silly thing to say especially when he's already expressed some form of shock that all this is happening. On top of all that, it's also just another instance of Sonic talking to himself in response to things happening around him. Perhaps he's trying to psyche himself up from everything quite literally going cattywampus on him? Eh, either way, this line is simply narmy as heck.

Just remembered another quite unintentionally funny quote, this time from Sonic Adventure 2. In the first cutscene from the Last Story arc, Eggman alongside with Sonic and the rest of the guys agree to work together in stopping the Space Colony ARK from crashing into Earth. After Sonic agrees on Eggman's plan to reach the Cannon's Core, the doctor says this line:

Eggman: "Then, let's get to work!"

(Play the video at 6:27 to reach his quote)

However, I always found that line to be a little out of place as you can hear in the cutscene. To me it sounds more like this...

Eggman: "Then, let's get tooooo wuuuooorrrk~!"

Sounds quite inconsistent compared to most of Deem Bristow's performance throughout the game. You had Eggman sounding cool and villanous with a consistent tone of voice whereas here it sounded loud and excited.

• Thumbs Up 3

Ohhh, this is gonna be hard to find something unique...let's see...

From Sonic 06, the game that is RIPE with unintentional hilarity.

Well, the entirety of Elise's 'prayer' to bring Sonic back to life...it makes me cringe so much, so much that I can't help but laugh. Why the damn melodrama? My pick of lines include such...shit as...

"And I wish to talk to Sonic...once again."

"I care not what happens to me, but please hear my voice"

and finally, the perfect end...(?)

"Sonic come back...to me...to us."

Romance!(????)

Harharhar...NO! Nothing makes me laugh harder than melodrama, especially when that melodrama involves giant cartoon hedgehogs.

OH! and don't get me started on the...THING that completes the 'prayer'.

800px-SonicEliseKiss.png

WHAT DID I JUST SAY

• Thumbs Up 3

Question #12: What is/are the most unintentionally funny quote(s) for you?

"Attention all units! Attention all units! A blue hedgehog is headed north on Central Street. Shut down all thoroughfares that lead into and out of Station Square and set up a roadblock just before the on-ramp to 101!"

-A police officer in the first episode of Sonic X

Let's break this down, shall we?

1. Sonic encounters the policemen.
  2. The policemen try to capture Sonic for little to no reason.
  3. Sonic runs away.
  4. The policemen FREAK OUT, shut down all thoroughfares leading into and out of Station Square, set up a roadblock, and even send a HELICOPTER after Sonic, simply because Sonic RAN FAST.
  • Thumbs Up 4

"Look out, you're gonna crash, AAAAAAH!" ~ Come on, do I really have to say it? The terrible voice acting makes the line even funnier!

"There always seems to a bunch of cops around when you don't need them" ~ Yep. Where they making a statement about real life here? cuz this is TOTALLY true.

The entire exchange bewteen Team Rose and Team Chaotix in Sonic Heroes ~Cream and Charmy are so adorably hilarious, Amy is such a sass, Vector isn't gonna take anyone's shit, and Espio is being all intimidating. Also, it seems somebody pressed Big's Berserk Button.

STRANGE ISN'T IT!? ~ Who DOESN'T love that scene!? It's just so... silly.

"Did you know? Dr Eggman's mustache is fake." ~ Just. What. XD

"Wah, we're hit!"

"YEAAH. WHOOAAAAAA" ~Sonic, are you insane?

"GET A LOAD OF THIS!" ~ Yeah, real intimidating, doc.

"I shouldn't have said anything it must be a jynx..." ~ Aaaaaw, Cream, don't blame yourself for your bad luck!

Yeah, I'm just going to say, anything from Sonic Adventure, and Sonic Heroes. Plenty of others from that general Era, but those 2 games are one funny line after another!

• Thumbs Up 1

Everything that Eggman says during the Egg Dealer boss battle in Shadow the Hedgehog. My favorite being "N-no! Not Shadow Fever!"

Something about the term Shadow Fever really makes it. Especially considering it prompts Shadow to go into homicidal maniac mode. Which brings me to another line from the same game.

"Death to all who oppose me!"

Shadow please.

• Thumbs Up 1

day 12: Unintentionally funny quotes

Hmm, a lot of things from the dreamcast era here.

LOTS of Eggman's quotes from Adventure

"He's not going to get away with this!"

"Get a load of this!" or my favorite from the Egg Viper battle "Get a load of, Get a load of, Get a load of this"

"Tails! Wait for me!"

"Behold my floating masterpiece the Egg Carrier!" (the delivery of this one always makes me laugh)

"Look at all those eggman Robots!"
"Don't get too excited boys, those were the easy ones"

and I do love the classic "how did you get here so quickly"

DAY 12 OF 30 (SKIPPED DAY 11)

UNINTENTIONALLY FUNNY QUOTES

"TIME TO ROCK AND ROLL!" - Sonic (Shadow the Hedgehog)

I wouldn't really mind this line if it weren't for Sonic movement and facial expression

sniD3jC.png

I don't know why but his random emphasis with unnecessary forward thrusting just made me laugh awkwardly.

Also, can we please do one about the bad facial expressions in these games?

46piJ0G.png

ahhh i'm scared!

• Thumbs Up 1

~SSMB Has Cleared Quote Quality Qualm Act 12!~

Enough, all of you... this is all I really need...

Question #13: What Sonic game achievements are you most proud of?

Mega_Man_2_-_NES_-_Ending.png

Without context, we can just assume that he sacrificed his life to save the world from Quick Man's lasers. Makes about as much sense as it does with the actual context.

You beat a game, and you'll feel content (usually). But sometimes there are challenges or victories that make you feel really satisfied, some examples being more specific than others. Are you happy about beating the Special Stages in one particular game? Are you happy with beating a certain boss, or completing a certain mission? Are you happy with simply beating the game in itself? Please provide your own examples of gaming satisfaction in the comments below, a-thankyouverymuch.

Crusher's Thoughts: I was once able to beat the entirety of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for the Master System/Game Gear without dying once. I didn't even realise that I had unintentionally pulled off a no-death run until the credits started rolling.

I was also pleased with the time in which I was able to complete the Special Stages of Sonic CD without cocking up once. These ones are infamous for being some of the more tricky Special Stages the series has to offer, so it felt really good for me to strike them all down without them striking me down.

Thirdly, I was pretty happy about overcoming the challange of beating Sonic Spinball. Yes. That counts as an achievement. Give me my money.

It has now become a tradition for me to collect all the rings and get the Perfect in every Sonic 3 & Knuckles Special Stage. I know them all from the back of my hand.

Perhaps it's not something to be proud of, but I did manage to complete all of the Town Missions in Sonic the Hedgehog 2006. I passed through the rings, I collected all the rings, and I threw some apples into a barrel.

Finally, this might be another strange example to be pleased about, but seeing how Sonic Lost World (the console version, I mean) is generally considered to be a bit of a tough game overall, it took me by surprise when I was able to beat the game without too much trouble. Lava Mountain Zones 2 and 3 were fine with me, I didn't get too frustrated with Sky Road Zone 4, I even thought Silent Forest Zone 2 was relaxing. The only example that I can think of in which I had a lot of blunders with was one part of Frozen Factory Zone 1, but even then, once I knew where it was I had to go, things went uphill from there.

So with that out of the way, you may now post awaaaaaayyyy!~

• Thumbs Up 4

Day 13: Sonic Acheivements!

I once played through Angel Island Zone and actually knew where I was going.

The bar has been set so low that it's somewhere in the earth's core.

Finally beating all 7 special stages in Sonic 2. Even with the ability to save, those stages were grueling. Going Super Sonic for the first time was so satisfying. It felt like it was all worth it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't think of any achievements that really stand out to me. I guess there was the first time I played through Dessert Ruins and learned that Sonic can beat the Antons if you press X in midair. Seriously, why didn't Lost World have a tutorial?

Come to think of it, I've never really done anything that extraordinary when it comes to Sonic games. I'm not a fan of self-imposed challenges and I really can't be bothered to 100% any of the 3D Sonic games.

If I had to pick it would be being able to suffer through the entirety of Sonic Adventure 2. That game is just horrible! I hated almost everything about it and yet I still went and completed it. Go me.

I have collected every single Red Ring in Sonic Lost World, but I haven't completed all the mini missions. I will eventually do that but for now I don't feel like it.

One day I will 100% Unleashed. I swear I am going to be in my twilight years when that happens.

Question #13 Sonic Achievements 

Beating Sonic 2 with all emeralds for the first time was the greatest feeling in the world. As a kid that game kicked my ass 50 shades of blue and it was so satisfying to finally beat the game that was mocking me for the longest...

Another was completing the original Sonic Riders 100%, including all the missions and acquiring all the gear in that game, with it's high learning curve and steep difficulty.

A sort of regrettable achievement would be getting 1000 gamerscore on Sonic 06, like it's an incredible, but shameful feat. I'm 50 gamerscore off 1000 on Sonic Unleashed too, fuck the Hot Dog missions in Eggmanland.

Completed Generations 100%, including S ranking all side missions, and collected all Red rings in Colours despite hating the game, and Lost World too.

Day 13

Well if there was any Sonic achievement that I had to be proud of it was finding all of these STUPID DAMN ROBOT GENERATORS!

299128-sonic_cd5.jpg

Now seeing as I am extremely stubborn and have OCD when it comes to stuff like this I decided to try and get all of them when the 2011 remake came out, without using the internet. Needless to say this was extremely annoying and rage inducing. 

Admittedly they weren't all horrible, some of them were actually pretty easy. But Wacky Workbench however *shakes fist in anger* oh I hated that one so much. It took me almost a year.....a YEAR to find all of them, but needless to say it WAS satisfying to finally get all of them.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Sonic game achievement I'm most proud of is my attainment of every single gold medal for every mission in SatSR

S1010086.jpg

Why am I especially fond of this one?

Well, when I first started playing this game, it was immensely difficult to me. The controls are infamously imprecise and require a lot of getting used-to and quite a lot of the missions really require honed skill to clear in the first place let alone get golds on! As a result, I never thought I would achieve this accomplishment.

But I persevered. After much play, I learned how the score system works for medals and also learned how to apply the many different types of skills to specific missions. The game absolutely demands intimate knowledge of it's intricacies including how to approach each specific type of mission if you want to master it utterly. Heck, I think I even leveled Sonic up to level 99 to attain this. SatSR's difficulty is truly hardcore when it comes to Sonic game completion and still stands as my fondest achievement because as I said, I initially never thought I'd pull it off smile.png

My success in SatBK at attaining all 5 Star Mastery Ratings is also a notable one to me;

PIC_0270.jpg

I wouldn't say it was as hard as SatSR but it was close and it had certain missions that made we want to throw the Wii Remote at the wall such as Lancelot Returns and the enemy chain mission in Deep Woods. If SatSR tries your grasp of the skill system and precision regarding controls, SatBK tries your grasp of the Knights individual abilities, how items affect scoring and your individual style. You will not get anywhere randomly flailing the Wii Remote and Nunchuk.

Both of the Storyook games are unique and difficult when it comes to Sonic games completion-wise because they demand great knowledge of their mechanics and honed skill. And because of that, my achievements in them are what I consider the proudest.

• Thumbs Up 4

Day 13: Sonic Achievements

185px-TROP039.png

This seriously took me forever long and a day to complete, but once I got it, I felt so happy that I actually pushed myself, despite thinking it was impossible.

As for a regular accomplishment, I'd say being able to beat the Classic's in less than 2 hours.(not all together, separately of course!) Feels good speedrunning.

And last for me would be actually getting through 06 from start to finish. I swear I went borderline insane at some points, but I tuck through to the end and lived to tell the tale.tongue.png I even got a few of the achievements that weren't story related as well, so yeah.

Oh and 100% Generations, Sonic 2,3&K and SA1 on my Xbox.

I don't think I've ever really done anything when It comes to Sonic Achievements to be honest. However, I guess that the first ever Classic Sonic game I ever beaten was the Mobile port of Sonic CD counts.

Sonic game achievement(s) I'm most proud of:

Completing Sonic 3&Knuckles 100% for the 1st time and in one run through.

Blue Sphere may be one of the easiest Special Stages in the series, but they do get challenging. Getting all of the Chaos Emeralds and Super Emeralds was a great feeling, great in knowing I'll never have to do it again and also in getting Super/Hyper Sonic to access Doomsday Zone. I'm proud of it, because 100% is not something I normally do and actually getting 100% is limited by knowledge of the stage along with some required attention...I didn't think I'd be  able to do it all in one run, due to either stage fail or missing more than enough.

Complete SeaSide Hill...Sonic only.

It may not seem like a real accomplishment, but having the idea in my head when playing the game...I don't know what caused me to think of it other than "...can I beat this stage without using Tails or Knuckles?" Due to technicalities, you can't actually complete the entire level as Sonic alone, being forced to Tails in the bob-sled sections(you can skip the 1st one)...but that doesn't matter. Knowing that I could actually do it by abusing the regular Speed character game-play mechanics was actually a great feeling of Satisfaction, especially considering how you can easily screw yourself over with one mis-step.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 13: Sonic achievement you're most proud of?

Greased Lightning from Generations for me. Beating that time on a classic stage -- the type at which I'm an utter failure, I should add -- felt immensely satisfying.

An honourable mention goes to 6 year-old me for getting all characters on the PC version of Sonic R. Getting all those coins and emeralds was more irritating than I expected. Using WASD to find them and then do those bonus races with a keyboard? ...ugh.