Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

I got all the Chaos Emeralds in Sonic Rush Adventure without upgrading my ships. Before I even knew I could upgrade them. Before, like, Sky Babylon. It was hell though. Took me weeks of frustration and ragequits.

Day 13: My Proudest Sonic Achievement: 

I think I'll go with 100%-ing Sonic Heroes.

Sonic_Heroes_Boxart.png

As I said earlier, this was my first Sonic game, but I was only able to beat Team Rose's story at the time. Fast-forward a few years, and I managed to get all 120 Emblems! (Team Chaotix's Extra Missions can bite me.)

Then I got this message...

185px-Tsonic_win_2011-07-27_15-22-58-74.

I had no idea this existed! And after I cleared that and got this screen:

Ending_picF.png

...I felt a personal sense of satisfaction- one that made me want to try out more Sonic games! And the rest, as they say, is history.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 13: Amazing Accomplishment Zone

Aside from that, I was able to do all the missions in Lost World and get all the Red Rings which was cool. I haven't S ranked all the time trials, though, and while I do love the game I don't see myself 100%ing that. Like Crusher, I generally didn't have a hard time with the game, and beating the supposedly dreaded Lava Mountain 3 with little issue surprised me.

Hmm...finally acing all the special stages in Sonic 3, I suppose? It feels good to finally master them. Same with Sonic 2 which were generally tougher.

I was very proud of myself for S ranking every single Act and Boss in Sonic Colours. It was the first time I had accomplished such a feat, after all, and I earned it. It took me weeks, but it was worth it. It even inspired me to A rank everything in ShTH! ...Yeah, I know. I...I know. *buries face in hands*

...Aaand that's all I can think of in terms of accomplishments that I consider notable.

I got all the Chaos Emeralds in Sonic Rush Adventure without upgrading my ships. Before I even knew I could upgrade them. Before, like, Sky Babylon. It was hell though. Took me weeks of frustration and ragequits.

You...you can upgrade them?!

Day 13: Sonic Acheivements.

There are a lot of games I felt proud of really.

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was the first game I truly 100%ed. All emblems, all missions, high level chao and even the Maria theme. I felt fulfilled when I did that last mission (Hard Mad Space is abitch) and in the end, it was worth it. Though I can't bring myself to do it again on PS3.

In the last few years we've mostly all got addicted to trophies. I suck at them. Whether it being too hard challenges, online multiplayer or just picky systems, I could never do all of them. Que Sonic Generations. I loved the game so much I mastered it. Got the Platinum trophy. Even reached 95th fastest on modern Seaside Hill for a time. Now I've fallen but I still feel good that this game showed me I could get all the trophies. It helped me complete All Stars Racing really.

Lastly, I have to mention Sonic Battle. I played this game non stop for about a year. I had friends to play against too. We fought and traded every friday till we split up. I had 96% of the moves. That was damn impressive. A couple of years ago I picked up my old copy and came up with a scheme to get me more moves. I called it Operation CleanSweep. I borrowed my friends Gameboy Advance and copy of Sonic Battle. I transferred all of my moves to his game. I then wiped my save file and transferred them back. This allowed me to unlock a lot more moves in an easier virtual training. The result? I fucking 100% this game. I was proud it worked out and I had the Emerl I'd dreamed of.

Not particularly any moment that stands out as a proud achievement, to be honest. Even with the classics, when I completed Sonic 2 and S3&K, I was more like "Okay, finally done" than "Oh my God, I did it!", I think there's something about the progression of those sorts of games that makes completion feel more like an inevitability than an achievement.

I think the closest to a feat I thought would be impossible and thus gave me the most satisfaction would be...strangely enough, getting every medal and in-game unlockable in Sonic Unleashed. Bear in mind that I first played Unleashed, I got stuck on Mazuri night for over a year due one particular segment I couldn't solve. Revisited it in 2010, and I got past it, but didn't dream of getting everything, just the bare bones. However, I found that part a bit easy compared to others, so I went back and utilised my Spyro love of getting everything to explore everywhere I could using the skills given to me (which is far less suited to exploring nicely than Spyro, let me assure you!) and managed to eventually get all 200 medals for both Sun and Moon, and all the cool little extras. The missions can go jump off a cliff though. Good thing you only need them for a single achievement.

And I guess getting all 120 emblems in Heroes counts somewhat to given that it took me years to do it with my original save from when I first bought the game, although I didn't actually try Super Hard Mode. Oh well, having access to all the multiplayer stuff was good stuff.

Oh, and having both different versions of Sonic Generations complete. Getting all the S-ranks and unlockables on the HD version is very neat but pretty easy. The 3DS version on the other hand required days of grinding for points, and the S ranks are pretty note-perfect there. Now I have a profile card that's fully tricked out and bamboozles any poor sod that I happen to Streetpass with. 

Day 13 : Sonic Achievements.

You know what? Everytime I'm able to turn Super, everytime I collect all the Chaos Emerald, everytime I smash Robotnik's robots and the game ends...those moments make me happy....

But, oh boy, one of the achievement that made me proud was wiping that smug smile off this guy's face:

4L0UWvM.png

Fuck you, Lancelot. I completed that game, 100%. I love Sonic and The Black Knight. It's one of my favourite games in the series. But whoever invented that sub-mission where you have to 5 stars the second battle against him, without getting hit AND make sure that EVERY slash of your sword hits him, should be hanged. That's all.

For the 2013 Holiday event in December, I tasked myself to beat Sonic 1 and collect all the emeralds... without using savestates. That shiny badge you see under my name explains the rest. First time I ever beat the game while not being a filthy casual. laugh.png

I would say I'm proud of 100%ing Unleashed, but the very last Eggmanland challenge says other wise.

WAYizYi.png

Fuck

THOSE

PIPES

• Thumbs Up 1

This is a toughie. I think my biggest accomplishment was A ranking almost every character in SA2 and getting all the Emblems in the Chao Garden. It took me ages but I managed to do all of them...except for Sonic. I just could not do most of Sonic's levels, the worst ones being Metal Harbour and Final Rush. Still, I think this is a great accomplishment simply because of how unbelievably long it takes to get an A rank with everyone! >_>

My other big accomplishment was collecting all the Red Rings in Sonic Colours without using a guide. Amazing, I don't even know how I did it.

Sonic Achievements

Mine's not great, to be honest. Just 100%ing the Classics and Boost games. I want to do more though.

Also, getting Eggmanland HD in under 10 minutes is something I'm proud of. I think it's just in to 9 minutes.

PRESIDENT CROW'S DAY 13 OF GETTING MEDALS!

Green_Hill_05.jpg

Getting all 180 Emblems in Sonic Adventure 2!

Man was this a pain. A lot of this stuff in SA2 can be hard if you don't know what you're doing. Like knowing where the Mystic Melody shrines are so you can win the Chao missions and obviously hard mode. I'm actually pretty surprised that I managed to complete all of that, including Cannon's Core on Hard. If anything on hard mode that's easy is the Treasure Hunts since all the pieces are always at the same spot so it comes down to knowing what to do and speedrunning it.

The hardest part about it though was obviously the Chao Races and Chao Karate cause you needed to put time into raising a powerful chao to win all these races and that is very time consuming. Not to mention you're not in full control of the action either and better hope your chao doesn't fuck up.

With that said I do feel accomplished for beating all that. Its probably the first game I've 100% and probably the only one that I have done so with. At the end of the day it was fun and I hope there will be more challenges for me to take on. Until then CROW out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qkSe4YM7EY

• Thumbs Up 2

Achievements? I would have to say overcoming one of the hardest bosses I have encount-

260px-I_do_remember_too_that%2C_how_hard

No, not you, Mr. Obvious Choice. While the Death Egg robot was definitely a challenge, it at least had a logical way to be defeated and a certain learning curve. No, I'm talking about a boss that is truly frustrating, a boss you couldn't just beat by strategy, a boss that was, in a word, annoying:

Annoying_projectiles.png

This guy. Argh. Artificial difficulty is something I'm used to seeing in games, but Eggman's not-at-all-complex ostrich walker just takes it to a whole new level. Projectiles that just keep bouncing and bouncing, again and again, while he himself keeps moving to force you into hitting them and dying again... sorry, I'm letting go of myself. To make matters worse, the doc apparently used the best quality metal he had available because holy cow, this is a durable machine. Maybe that's why it's such a simple design? He takes 17 hits to defeat, but it feels like 50 considering how easy it is to slip up and die. When you destroy him, Robotnik tries to ram you with the Eggmobile in a final attack - which, thankfully, is easy to avoid.

I know this probably comes off as a strange choice. The Laser Walker isn't really a difficult boss in the traditional sense, but the articial nature of the challenge makes him a needlessly frustrating foe. I guess what makes this a personal achievement for me is that I managed to finish the game with all Chaos Emeralds on my very first run. It was the first time that happened in a 2D Sonic game, since I usually go for the 100% completion on my second playthrough. So in a way, I felt accomplished in reaching the end of Sonic Chaos.

• Thumbs Up 4

This is going to sound lame, but completing Sonic Unleashed.

It took me nearly a year to beat the game after first buying it, but christ was the the final area of the game such a pain in the ass on every level. The overblown final level Eggmanland, having to fight the Egg Dragoon so many times after rage quitting the final boss, and failing to press X 60 times (I'm sorry but that is the epitome of shitty button mashing) brought my stable completion rate to a dead halt, and it took me a long while to conquer it.

Still, I finally defeated Dark Gaia and got to watch that ugly sonuva bitch get his ass kicked by Super Sonic when finally succeeding. After that, I get a satisfying ending with all of the hub world characters cheering my accomplishments, Professor Pickle's speech on light+darkness, and a melancholy moment of Chip having to seal himself in the Planet's core for another several years. Finally, Sonic runs off into the sunset in search of a new adventure with Endless Possibility playing in the background. 

It's simply a triumphant ending that makes me feel like all of my hard work has payed off, so yes it's my proudest Sonic moment. Sonic Unleashed was one of the most challenging titles I've ever played, but in the end, it was all worth it. Plus, I get an awesome photo album montage of Sonic's world travels, how can you not love that?

sonic_unleashed_credit_photos_by_sonic19

• Thumbs Up 3

Probably when I the speed and points runs I did in Sonic 1, 3, &K, 3&K and 3D Blast got marked for 1st place in the Twin Galaxies scoreboard. Though some of those runs were in honor of my late grandmother. You can read more on why I took up competitive gaming for Sonic here:

Day 13: Sonic Achievements

I got all 130 Emblems in Sonic Adventure DX and unlocked Metal Sonic. It wasn't the most difficult thing to do, but it took a while, and felt fulfilling. Besides that I've done Sonic 1, 3&K, Sonic Unleashed, Generations and a few others 100%. I don't know if any of these really stand out. Sonic games aren't that hard to begin with. 

Well, 100%ing Secret Rings was a pretty decent accomplishment. Between the difficulty of the controls and the very tight requirements for some of the missions, I figure a lot of people put it down a long time before they even come close to 100%. Especially since, if I remember right, there isn't even any reward for 100%; you get some stuff for getting all silver medals, but nothing for gold.

100%ing Unleashed HD twice is also sort of a twisted badge of honor. That glitch with the quiz lady and the art books hit me on my first file, though I didn't realize it until I had done most of the rest of the game. At the time I figured I'd just 99.999% the game and leave it at that, but eventually, boredom and OCD tendencies drove me back to the game and I did it properly.

And yes, that includes the Eggmanland hotdog missions. Both times.

But then, 100%ing a game is nothing more than what the designers expected. Not everyone can do it, not everyone will do it, but they expect that it will be done. What's really interesting, though, is not just beating the game, but beating the designers.

Shadow the Hedgehog's all A-rank reward is Expert Mode. It's pretty clearly intended to be a post-game experience, since it's harder versions of every level, including the Last Story's level. Except...you don't actually need to beat the game to unlock it. It's an all A-rank reward, but nothing in the Last Story is ranked. What's more, you don't even need to unlock the Last Story; that requires getting all 10 normal endings, but the two neutral path endings use the same boss, as far as rankings are concerned. So all you need to do is play through the game, unlocking each level, and getting 9 endings, leaving aside one of the neutral endings, then cleaning up the remaining missions/rankings in trial mode. Expert Mode is unlocked with little fanfare, and you can even play through and beat the hard version of the last level before even being able to play the normal version.

Day 13: Sonic Achievements.

100% completion in Sonic Adventure DX, 3&K and Generations, Tails Adventure and probably some others. 

I also toiled with all achievements in Sonic 4 Episode 1 for some reason. I don't know why. It wasn't satisfying and all I got was a headache. 

Not much else really, I am kinda bad at Sonic games. :c

oh, and I beat Sonic 06 without puking. Does that count for anything? 

Day 13 Challenge: Proud Sonic game achievements

12/30 Challenges Completed

rsz_shadow_ruling_the_world.jpg

All achievements, bow down to me! 

Ahem. Sorry about that. Sometimes my inner conquer side comes out. 

Ah yes, Sonic achievements. I had many great achievements that made me just feel extremely proud of myself, and while I probably wouldn't mind typing up a list with 100 proud achievements, I'll save everyone the trouble (and mostly myself) by just listing the top 3 achievements that I'm extremely proud of. 

1. Ranking #3 on Classic Crisis City in Sonic Generations (PS3) leader boards

385359_524083974293963_690619449_n.jpg?o

*Wipe tears away* My greatest Sonic achievement...

This was seriously a big moment for me personally. Actually, it's my most proud Sonic achievement of all time.  While it may not seem like anything to people who doesn't have a passion to speed run and try and get top rankings on leader boards, it meant a whole lot to me. Back in my golden days, I was extremely crazy about Sonic Generations. I was always speed running pretty much every day, always improving my times here and there, always getting multiple friend invites from other PSN players because they seen my high scores, always bragging to my friends who had the game, and even challenging some who had the game. It was really some great times. For whatever reason, Classic Crisis City stuck out as the one true stage that I was extremely good at. Yeah, I was quite good at Classic Planet Wisp, and even somewhat good at Modern Seaside Hill, but Classic Crisis City was really where it was at for me. I practiced so much, trying to get faster at certain parts, and trying to learn new shortcuts. It finally came where I hit rank 3 and I just knew that I finally pushed past my limits and I couldn't get any higher. I still can remember that when I got rank 3, I had the biggest and most painful I ever had in my life. Was it worth it to reach rank 3 on one level and get a massive headache in the end? It sure was. 

2. Getting all emblems on Sonic Adventure 2: Battle 

264579_526779017357792_1040908005_n.jpg

Do you want to be a Hero? Yeah, I really want to be a Hero. 

Mhm... It was glorious to finally get all the emblems in the Nintendo Gamecube version of this game. I worked so hard trying to get all the A ranks for the treasure hunting and shooting levels, and even just trying to raise up Chaos so that they could win the tournaments to get me all the other emblems. It was a tough and long road, but when I finally did it, I was rewarded with that magnificent Green Hill Zone. Not just any Green Hill Zone, but a 3D Green Hill Zone! I still ultimately think it was worth it to unlock Green Hill Zone since I play through it quite a bit still. Also, when I took this picture it showed that I put 82 hours into the game. Of course, this picture is quite old (not sure when I took this), but I can certainly say that I put more hours into this game. I guess in the end this only shows how much I love Sonic Adventure 2.

3. Destroying all Robot Generators + getting all Time Stones in Sonic CD (2011)

1497744_608375779198115_271944102_n.jpg

I finally found Cosmic Eternity...

So far, I only managed to do this once during a playthrough of Sonic CD. What happened was that the day I bought the game from the PSN Store, I just decided for my very first playthrough, I would try and get all the story related trophies in the game (such as getting a hug from Amy, finding that fountain in Wacky Workbench, etc.) and that's what I ended up doing. I destroyed all the robot generators and when I got to Metallic Madness I got the final Time Stone and went on ahead to stop Dr. Robotnik and end the game. It's just an overall great feeling since I managed to do both big things, and that great feeling only felt even greater with the message popped up saying "You're Too Cool!" I really love that message...

13/30 Challenges Completed

• Thumbs Up 3

Day 13: Sonic Achievement

Hmmm, there is only one thing that I could never beat on any of my one player sonic playthroughs, and that was heroes' special stages, UNTIL one year ago, last summer, when I finaly beat them all and went off to take down the final form of Metal Sonic, and I felt quite good about it

Though I also enjoyed beating the original DC version of Sonic adventure for the first time last fall, that was a good one

Days Complete: 13/30

Sonic game achievements that I'm proud of...hm...a lot of the major tasks that I've accomplished have been fairly simple (Sonic 06's hard mode, SA2 emblems), so I'm going with something a bit different...

Unlocking Battle 100 mode in SatBK's multiplayer. Yes, it's a fairly weird thing to be proud of, but there was literally NO information on how to unlock it on the internet at the time and it was bugging me SO much that it kept on staying locked. That is, however, until I randomly had a thought on HOW to unlock it that actually turned out to be correct. It was on a completely random day several months after the game's release, too. To this day, that remains one of my proudest "random genius moments" regardless of how simple the actual task ended up being. tongue.png

Question #13: What Sonic game achievements are you most proud of?

Well if this counts...

Beating Sonic Heroes (all four teams and getting to the Last Story). I was, like, 10-11 at the time and I cannot tell you how happy I felt at completing my first main series Sonic game. 

Day 13: Sonic Accomplishments

*ahem* Well, I believe I'll start with the most interesting one first. 

I have legitimately figured out how to sequence break the frack out of Sonic Adventure 1. Well, the Dreamcast version anyway.

No, seriously. What is this sequence break, you may ask?

Well...with a thorough knowledge of SA1's amazing collision detection, I can get this:

86o5s.jpg

And then go here:

86nP2.jpg

And then here:

86oap.jpg

Before even going...here:

86ocW.jpg

This is all entirely possible in the original Dreamcast release of the game. The method of doing so involves a very complicated series of collision detection exploits, spindash jumps, and light dash jumps that is very, very difficult and tedious to execute, but I will try to explain it.

*long-winded and convoluted explanation that almost no one will want to read forthcoming*

Have you ever seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnAc3YZfb3Y

A fairly simple glitch, easy enough to pull off. But what if, say, you jumped up above the doors with Sonic? Then you will be able to roam around inside the building, and from there, escape (or get the Crystal Ring) by going behind the hotel doors, moving into areas of Station Square you're not meant to visit yet. Typically, there's a barrier separating you from the city hall section of Station Square at this point, but, if you jump on one of the awnings on the building next to the barrier, and then spindash up the building, with a very well-timed jump, you can actually gain enough momentum to jump over the barrier. Getting into the sewer early requires a very similar procedure, and is easily the hardest part. You have to jump on the nearest awning to the sewer, spindash up the side of that building, and then run along the wall until you've almost reached the building right next to the sewer. If you jump at just the right time, you will go through the building ahead, and then land on a small patch of ground inside. From there, you have to very carefully jump off of this patch of ground and then homing dash back into the sewer. This is incredibly difficult since you can't see what you're doing at all, but if you pull this off correctly, you can get the Light Shoes early. To get past the barrier again, you will have to once again use a well-timed spindash-jump up the building next to it.

As for how to get into Twinkle Park, go into the other sewer-ish area next to Twinkle Park, hug the wall near the entrance, build up a light dash, jump, and as soon as you do so, release the "B" button. You may have to try this multiple times, but if you do it right, you will go through the wall here. From there, simply walk through the building until you're right under the entrance to the tube that leads to Twinkle Park, and then jump up. To get back out, push against the glass part of the tube and repeatedly light dash against it and eventually you'll make it. To get back to the hotel area, go to the small set of stairs near the dock and spin-dash jump off of them to get on top of the train station building. This should also allow you to spindash-jump back behind the hotel doors, and get inside.

But, if I recall correctly, you can also get behind the doors to the train station from here. From here, you can get into Casinopolis. To do so, jump up on the roof of the train and start running, pushing against the invisible force that holds you back. As you do so, move to the left side of the train, and then jump, holding the "A" button. This should get you over the train station's glass ceiling. Once that happens, homing attack quickly to the left to get on top of the tube the train usually goes through when you ride it to Mystic Ruins. From there, you can get into Casinopolis. To get back out, repeatedly light dash against the left corner of the door that blocks the casino part from the train station, then repeat the procedure from before, instead spindash-jumping from the tube to behind the door to the hotel

*GAAAAAAASP*

So yeah. I can do that.

In fact, I consider it a personal accomplishment that I'm the only one who has messed around in Sonic Adventure enough to find some of the things I have. For instance, I think I'm the only one who has ever bothered to press the "Y" button during the Egg Walker boss fight - just to see what would happen. It actually makes the boss walk towards you, no matter what attack phase it's in. I am the only one, to my knowledge, who has used Tails or Knuckles to fly around behind the mountain that makes up the entrance to Angel Island and then get inside from there. My biggest accomplishment as a Sonic fan is screwing around in Sonic Adventure far too much to the point that it's almost scary when I think about it. Help.

But as for more mundane accomplishments.

*ahem* BULLETPOINTS PLEASE

• I have collected all 180 Emblems in Sonic Adventure 2. I did not accomplish this until 2010, when I had already owned the game for nine years.
  • I got all seven Chaos Emeralds in Sonic Advance 3. No, seriously, that's an accomplishment if there ever was one.
  • I got all Red Rings and all S-Ranks in Sonic Lost World, despite the latter being fairly pointless. I felt compelled to do it anyway.
  • I 100%ed Sonic's Episode in Sonic 06. Never could be bothered to do the same with the others even as a kid.
  • I have completed Sonic 1 and 2 with all Chaos Emeralds in one run without ever using save states or continues. Sonic CD as well.
  • I also S-Ranked all of the Challenges in Sonic Generations, thinking there would be some reward for this. ...There wasn't.

But yeah, I think that about sums it up 8D

• Thumbs Up 4

I have legitimately figured out how to sequence break the frack out of Sonic Adventure 1. Well, the Dreamcast version anyway.

Oh, hey. I've actually done some very similar things in SADX, though through different methods.

SADX fixed the doors near the pool pushing you through the ceiling, so instead, you can go to the corner between Emerald Coast and those doors, and spindash into the corner. It takes some effort to force your way through, and once you do, you need to immediately jump and pull back, since there's very little solid ground back there. If you do manage to land behind the barrier, you can climb around the outside of the world and trigger either the casino area or the area outside the train station.

Getting into the city hall area is similar, you just spindash into the corner of the barrier and the wall until you pop through. It seems like it's easier to get through than the one above, though, and you also don't have to worry about falling off the world (usually). Getting out also works the same way.

To get into the sewers with the light dash shoes, I use the burger man statue. Set it next to the car (I always use the sidewalk side) and jump between them; with the right positioning and a few attempts, you'll be pushed into the car and fall into the sewer. You can get the shoes and exit as normal, or, you can go to Twinkle Park through Big's route. The manhole shaft that you drop in through doesn't have any collision, so you can hop on the pipes along the walls, then hop up and out of the world. You may or may not need an extra boost from the light dash to get behind the box blocking the path, I can't exactly remember.

It's also possible to get into Speed Highway; go to Knuckles' entrance, get into the corner to the left of the pillar just to the left of the doors, and spindash into the corner towards the doors.

Question #13: What Sonic game achievements are you most proud of?

I have several:

Going back and Finally Beating the Genesis Era Games

Sonic_Mega_Collection_Coverart.png

Back when I was younger and a newb at videogames, I was never really able to beat any game at the time. I believe the farthest I've gotten on my own was to the second zone for most of the Sonic games at the time (I didn't even defeat the Elite 4 in R/B/Y Version).

So after it released, I bought Sonic Mega Collection for the Nintendo Gamecube, I went back and replayed some of the Genesis Era games from start to finish. Not only was it fun to enjoy these Classic games and think back to the those times, it was great to see how much I had progressed as a gamer.

100% Completion of Sonic Adventure DX

242px-Sonic_adventure_dx.jpg

By 100%, I mean I got all 130 Emblems, unlocked Metal Sonic, and unlocked all of the Game Gear Games. So now not only can I enjoy Adventure as any of the 7 characters (not counting Super Sonic), I can go back and play any of the Game Gear games I unlocked as well, which was a bonus for me because I used to have a Game Gear until one of the volume button broke.

Clearing all of the Boss Rushes of Sonic Adventure 2

Sonic_Adventure_2_cover.png

Remember that mode in Sonic Adventure 2 where you can fight all 8 of the bosses of 1 entire story, back with back, without any breaks? Hero and Dark are pretty easy. However, when the third option called "All" appear, you have to fight 20 bosses, including the 2 Biolizard fights.

If you beat 18 of the bosses, only to be killed by accident by the Biolizard, it was so annoying have to start all over again! I believe this happened to me about 3 times or more, where I either killed by the water in the Biolizard stage or I accidently went into one of the exploding eggs when it has 1 hit left. I also think I died in the Finalhazard fight, too, because of the lasers.

Getting all the Emblems for Chao World in Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

4-Chao3_30000.jpg

I loved Chao. They were like Pokemon and Kirby fused together. So when they revised the Chao Garden and Races, I made sure to take good care of my Chao and unlocked everything.

One of my Chao was originally from the Tiny Chao Garden from Sonic Advance. When I imported it over to SA2B, it had a sharp tooth smile, so I called it "Sneaky" and turned it into a Dark Chao. Sneaky was one of my champions who crushed many opponents in Jewel Races, Challenge Races, Dark Races, and Chao Karate. It had very high intelligence and could figure out the Jack-in-the-Box faster than any of the other Chao and was able to get a Head Start most of the time.

Clearing all the Stories of Sonic 2006

256px-Sonic_the_Hedgehog_Next-Gen_Box_Ar

This was the game that taught me to never move any game system while it's on and a game is inside. So my copy of the game had extra glitches and issues, such as automatically skipping cutscenes, more lag, and other weird things I can't remember.

This is the only Sonic game that I haven't replayed just to beat the game's entire story mode after the first playthrough.

Unlocking everything in Sonic Riders

Sonic_Riders_Coverart.png

Every track, character, and Extreme is available to use and play. Unfortunately, I haven't finished unlocking everything in Zero Gravity.

100% Achievement and Cleared every Act in Sonic Unleashed HD

270px-Box_141916-hd.jpg

Have I mentioned that I love Unleashed? The Xbox 360 Version is probably my most played Sonic game currently in my collection, at the time of typing this.

It took some time, but I finally got every achievement and Cleared every Act and Boss in the game at least once, including the DLC.

This was also the second Sonic Game I created a FAQ for.

Unlocking Everything in Sonic Generations

242px-Sonic_generation_q342_cover2321.jp

Whether it's the HD or 3DS, you gotta love the collection of concept art, music, and 3D models that both game offer is nice for any Sonic fan. While they could have been even more creative and challenging with the achievements, it was still fun to unlock them all.

Being able to play most of the Sonic Games in Existence

This is the biggest one. Many people missed out on some of the Sonic games for several reasons. However, I'm happy to say that I've been able to buy, play, and complete most of them in my lifetime. There are a few I've never played such as Knuckles Chaotix, the Rival Games, Sonic Free Riders, and Sonic Dash, but that's about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

6uaIh4l.png

Unlocking Green Hill in the DC version of Sonic Adventure 2 is definitely number one for me. At the time I had no idea what Green Hill looked like in the game since I couldn't just look up some video like I can now. It was a magical achievement, even if the level itself was underwhelmingly short and ultimately disappointing for all of the effort I had put into unlocking it. But what was there was fantastic.

4FbiWQu.gif

A minor one in comparison, but now I'm able to defeat Under Ground Zone's boss in the GG version on a regular basis with only an occasional slip-up. The trick is to jump over all of the boulders, even the high bouncing ones - trying to go under them is just asking for trouble.

• Thumbs Up 1

My biggest accomplishment?

How about this guy.

Sonicchannel_emerl.png

I love how you can customize the guy to the ends of the earth to suit your playstyle. His jump, his second punch in a combo, his air special you name it and Emerl can rob it off of any character in the game and add it to his arsenal.

All of this comes to a head during the final Boss fight, and you face a last show down with the bot where he utilizes his "awakened" moveset. Punches and kicks that not only serve their regular function, but also emulate the special moves of other characters. We are talking insane levels of power.

imagine my delight when I discovered you can unlock these moves for yourself during the postgame.

So began my journey logging countless hours in Tails VR training to hunt down the ultimate cards. Each day acquiring some unthinkable power to add to my fighting robot. Piece by piece re-building the powerhouse that was only meant to be contained as the final boss. I was more than a tad disappointed to discover that Emerl's skill points eventually had a cap on them, preventing you from equipping every ultimate move - thus falling short of true god-hood, however building the best possible Emerl on the planet was more than enough to be my biggest Sonic Achievement.

• Thumbs Up 1