Awoo.

How Would The Likes Of Shadow, Silver, Blaze And The Others Fit Into Boom ?

SuperBrandon

I was curious to find out how you guys think the likes of Shadow, Silver, Blaze, Rouge etc would fit into the Boomverse. Here's my predictions how they would fit into the Boom World.

Shadow: As he's bound to appear, not sure about the game but, probably in the cartoon as one of the characters from the main series in the first season in Boom. I would like to see him used asGUN agent in Boom and in the Main Series,as he as potential. His story arc which we saw from SA2 to STH, is over altough his first and only appearance to date as a GUN agent was in 06 which is a new arc for him in my opinion could be used in the series. Would like to see how he would interact with Tails, Knuckles and Amy in this.

Rouge: Would like to see her in role as GUN agent altough I think she is better as a Treasure Hunter. She could be Knuckles's girlfriend or rival in the series.

Silver: He's one of my top 10 favourite Sonic characters, altough he does not have a big fanbase and is disliked by some because, he appeared in the trainwreck of a game that was Sonic 06. In Colors DS, his future was happy I am not certain whether he'll appear in a main game altough he is a serious character, think he can fit into the Boom series. Perhaps one episode when Sonic and the gang end up in the future, or Silver originally from the future but, resides in present day or not being from the future in the series.

Blaze: I would have her as a resident of Sonic's Dimension, perhaps as a Princess like she is in the Sol Dimension. I think She could be Sonic's love interest too as Sonic and Blaze, fit well together. Also would like to see around with Marine as I believe Marine is a better sidekick to Blaze than Cream is.

Chaotix: They can easily fit into Boom with the goofiness and are hilarious especially Vector and Charmy.  Espio is the serious one of the gang, would like to see him have some sarcasm and he is cool character on a whole. Reckon we'll see them in the first season of Boom.

Omega: His whole motivation of destruction and defeatingDr Eggman can be funny. Compared to Shadow and Rouge, he can easily fit into Boom. Would love to see how he'd interact with Sonic and the Gang I know he regards them as MEATBAGS laugh.png . Also with Orbot and Cubot, he has plenty of potential to be a good character in Boom. He should work for GUN in the series in my opinion.

I do expect to see some cameos from the characters I mentioned in the game. Either later on today or tomorrow I'll talk about how I expect to see a few more of the characters fit into Boom.

Shadow: As he's bound to appear, not sure about the game but, probably in the cartoon as one of the characters from the main series in the first season in Boom. I would like to see him used asGUN agent in Boom and in the Main Series,as he as potential. His story arc which we saw from SA2 to STH, is over altough his first and only appearance to date as a GUN agent was in 06 which is a new arc for him in my opinion could be used in the series. Would like to see how he would interact with Tails, Knuckles and Amy in this.

No, no, no. You got it all wrong.

tumblr_mywa1ibyLT1r6h8m0o1_500.png

This is what Shadow needs. Hawaiian Shadow is the best thing to happen to the character in a decade. 

I'm half-joking here.

I honestly would like to see an "I don't care" take on Shadow in the games. The character was heavily dependent on his back-story in SA2 for character development, and seeing as how he let go of that at the end of Shadow the Hedgehog the character hasn't exactly made leaps and bounds. I think it would be cool to see him let go of all that anger and not be so god damn boring. All he has done for nearly a decade now is try too damn hard to be serious; I just wish the writers would just let him change.

• Thumbs Up 2

I can easily see Silver being in Boom, the whole "don't change the past!" concept could result in some hilarious situations as well as Silver being clumsy and naive as a nod to the fanbase's opinion on him

Shadow being a GUN agent COULD work since Boom will not have chaos emeralds, they could also do a story reminisent of SA2 without emeralds if they think it through well but my best hope is that they will introduce chaos emeralds if they make a season 2 and introduce Shadow then.

Another thing, it's pretty much confirmed that Boom will cross with other universes so I would find it funny if Shadow from one of the other continuities appeared in a fight reminisent of his multiversal fight with metal sonic that lead to sonic universe 

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm, since Chaos Control appears to be linked to Time Travel I guess I would imagine Shadow being a bit like Old Father Time! biggrin.png

Or something like this:

http://hylian-rinku.deviantart.com/art/A-Different-Shadow-342457270

Snooty and smart! :D

Blaze I can imagine being very similar to the main team; sports tape, I guess... and since in Boom the gloves appear to represent their function, perhaps to help her handle the flames, she could wear those massive thick gloves welders and metalworkers wear?! biggrin.png

Rouge, I dunno... is she is still a jewel thief? If so, she's super fancy, absolutely no sports tape as she thinks it looks ''common''. Lots of regal colours like purple!

Silver... eeeeh I dunno. They could put a neat spin on it like he's done a Philip J Fry and gotten himself in suspended animation, so he's actually from the past! biggrin.png So he could wear really outdated looking clothes, or if he is super ancient, have something like a roman robe on! biggrin.png His hair style would definitely have to change, make it look a bit neater or smoothed down, I reckon.

• Thumbs Up 2

Silver... eeeeh I dunno. They could put a neat spin on it like he's done a Philip J Fry and gotten himself in suspended animation, so he's actually from the past! biggrin.png So he could wear really outdated looking clothes, or if he is super ancient, have something like a roman robe on! biggrin.png His hair style would definitely have to change, make it look a bit neater or smoothed down, I reckon.

Now I'm imagining Silver as so ancient from the past when he's unfrozen he's forced to rely on cybernetic implants and speaks with very limited grasp due to a voice box thing, like 'Hi, Sillllverrrrrr....'  and his telekinesis is applied by anti-gravity technology.tongue.png

I would like to see Blaze be given more of a tribal guardian design. I've brought it up before, but something along the lines of this.

sonic_boom___blaze_02_by_libbykeppen-d75

It goes well for her being from another dimension and all, and even if that's not the case for Sonic Boom's potential version, I would want her to go for a more mysterious-yet-capable and fierce look.

• Thumbs Up 2

ok, this was kinda a joke, however I could see Shadow as a goverment funded explorer/adventure with a shady past, and mysterious origins

Pith helmet because why not, they rock!

shadowboomaf_copy.png

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to see Professor Pickle return in Boom. Maybe he could work alongside Amy in archaeology.

Huh, that reminds me that the anthros have outnumbered the humans again for a little while now.  Suddenly it's Professor Pickle who feels out of place rather than Sonic and his buddies.

I think it's all in how they're handled. Their backstories probably wouldn't fit real well (alien government project? Distant ruined future?), but the characters themselves wouldn't be anymore out of place than, say, Knuckles. Well, okay, Shadow's kinda iffy, but make him the comically serious rather than "the emo" and he could work as well as anyone else.

Edit: What's up with my post???

• Thumbs Up 1

Personally I would love to see the characters in the Boom Universe.  But only if they know how they want to write them in.  Blaze being the guardian of the Sol Emeralds does make things a little bit challenging since we are still speculating weather or not the Chaos Emeralds are going to be in this Universe or not.  But as a fire caster from a different dimension I know can be worked with providing they don't go over the top with it.  Shadow I would honestly like to see become something among the lines of a time traveler, but since time travel is such a hard thing to deal with lets just same he has the ability to freeze time and not go back or fourth.  Also maybe it would be a good idea to get rid of the whole angst-y feel to Shadow since I feel we have too many emo-y characters in nearly every franchise out their now.  I don't mind him being serious and direct but just not this whole "Oh, Maria, why?  Why?  Why?  Why did you leave me?"  bull(a word that is not suitable for a forum based of a childrens franchise).

Tying Shadow's speed exclusively to time-manipulation abilities would counterpart Sonic's more natural speed in an interesting way.  It's also a perfect set-up for boss fights against him, or indeed regular gameplay as him.

Has anybody wondered how they'll handle Omega should he show up in Boom?

Hmm.  Well their is nothing wrong with Omega to begin with I think.  He still looks like one of Eggmans robots, his personality of hating Eggman could still be delivered in Boom and in terms of gameplay mechanics for him he could just be like Knuckles but witha bit of a ranged offense rather than melee.

The Burnbot from the cartoon trailer seems to me to have quite a few design standards in common with Omega.  I think Omega wouldn't require much adaptation, actually, either visually or as a character.

We all need Shadow with an hawaiian shirt thats what.

Anyways, I'm just wondering how probable it is for the rest of the cast to appear, though I guess Shadow Rouge and such would be expected maybe. I don't know if putting Blaze or Silver there is pushing it though, Blaze above all since we're not sure about her "im from the future in 06 but from another dimension in SR" for starters.

One thing's for sure, theyll be quite cartony so some of them might have exagerated features like knuckles or clothes changed like amy most likely.

We all need Shadow with an hawaiian shirt thats what.

Anyways, I'm just wondering how probable it is for the rest of the cast to appear, though I guess Shadow Rouge and such would be expected maybe. I don't know if putting Blaze or Silver there is pushing it though, Blaze above all since we're not sure about her "im from the future in 06 but from another dimension in SR" for starters.

One thing's for sure, theyll be quite cartony so some of them might have exagerated features like knuckles or clothes changed like amy most likely.

Like I said, I'm sure the character's personalities will work fine if the writers ditch their backstories. And besides, do we really want to see the same stories repeated in this new continuity?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm all for Hawaiian Shadow. But if I was to answer seriously, I would think, at least for Shadow and Rouge, they end up being 'Team Dark like before. Except now that we have 4 Heroes on the good side, we get 4 Dark too.

Basically, what I'm getting at is 'Sonic = Shadow, Amy = Rouge, Knuckles = Omega, and Tails = Eggman.' This is why I think, that if these 3 do appear, they'll be working with or at least alongside Eggman.

Naturally though, that's just my ideas. I'd be all for Hawaiian Shadow, like I said. On the other two, Blaze and Silver? Hrm...

Blaze I can see being a recluse still. But because she's one of those 'I must stay alone forever to mull over this piece' artists. Specifically in welding and metalworks, where fire-powers come in handy. - 3- I dunno, I'm throwing crazy ideas out here.

Silver. Oh Silver... uh... I really don't know. Though naturally I'd like to see him in just a silly situation as the others. Hawaiian Shadow meets Surfer Dude Silver. Silver Surfer lolololol

Like I said, I'm sure the character's personalities will work fine if the writers ditch their backstories. And besides, do we really want to see the same stories repeated in this new continuity?

Exactly.  Boom is not an adaptation of the Sonic series; it's a new story.  I expect that they would break every character down to their key elements and build them up from there, and that's probably going to involve quite a few differences to most backstories (not that most characters even have a backstory).

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm all for Hawaiian Shadow. But if I was to answer seriously, I would think, at least for Shadow and Rouge, they end up being 'Team Dark like before. Except now that we have 4 Heroes on the good side, we get 4 Dark too.

Basically, what I'm getting at is 'Sonic = Shadow, Amy = Rouge, Knuckles = Omega, and Tails = Eggman.' This is why I think, that if these 3 do appear, they'll be working with or at least alongside Eggman.

That's not how I see it going down. I don't see Shadow or Rouge as being characters who would work for Eggman, except perhaps maybe once, and a key part of Omega's character is his hatred of Eggman. These characters are far more likely to be separate threats from the doctor.

I could, however, see a scenario in which Eggman, aiming to create a hedgehog even more powerful than Sonic, comes up with Shadow. After an episode of putting up with Eggman's crap, Shadow leaves to do things his own way. The next time he appears, he's formed himself a new band of bad guys, consisting of the treasure hunter, Rouge, the killer robot, Omega, and (hopefully) the bounty hunter, Nack/Fang. After that, every time Team Dark appears, they've grown stronger and challenge the heroes to another fight. I think this could be a good way to do things.

Well their backstories will be ditched to a certain extent to be fair, since this seems to be aiming at making new fans so lots of them won't know a thing or two about the characters. But they also need the character's backstory to define their personlity at least a bit.

And technicaly since this is somewhat a spin off they could just do what you said and ditch the character's backstory and put them in, sure that works. But I think that Shadow and so on are probably more manegeable characters from a "cartoon/show" point of view, since they're sort of main character's to an extent, they're also main character's counterparts like Sonic = Shadow, Tails = Eggman and and such, that alone is easy to handle, and theyre also the type of characters that seem to rely on archetypes, at least I think so. So what I see there is a cast of characters that you can easily manage in terms on story, narrative and all that stuff we know. It's not a hard concept to handle, but actualy a simple one thats often used.

The others I mentioned like Silver and such, well they can be in the show, I can definately see them showing up for an episode or two though, just not as fixed characters that will always be there throughout the story. I just can't see them as that type of characters at all, unless there's something about them thats incredibly relevant to the story, like Tikal was on Sonic Adventure or Blaze on Sonic Rush for example.

Then again it's just a point of view, they technicaly can do anything with the show, from putting Sally Acorn there to bringing Mighty out of the depths of oblivion and putting him there as well. This is just spectulation and no one really know where Sonic Boom's heading. But personaly I'm fine with either seeing it carry the characters backstory or start it fresh, I think good things can be done either way.

That's not how I see it going down. I don't see Shadow or Rouge as being characters who would work for Eggman, except perhaps maybe once, and a key part of Omega's character is his hatred of Eggman. These characters are far more likely to be separate threats from the doctor.

I could, however, see a scenario in which Eggman, aiming to create a hedgehog even more powerful than Sonic, comes up with Shadow. After an episode of putting up with Eggman's crap, Shadow leaves to do things his own way. The next time he appears, he's formed himself a new band of bad guys, consisting of the treasure hunter, Rouge, the killer robot, Omega, and (hopefully) the bounty hunter, Nack/Fang. After that, every time Team Dark appears, they've grown stronger and challenge the heroes to another fight. I think this could be a good way to do things.

Understandable. However, this isn't to say that these four could, perchance, be working with Eggman at first. after all, Rouge worked with Eggy in SA2. And you can't tell me that Omega wasn't obedient to Eggman at least untill he was locked in that room.

I merely see it as them, if they are lets say in Season 2 of Boom, being working alongside Eggy. Then, perhaps, at the last episode of it, break the 'We can watch these in any order' fashion and have them break off from Eggman. Either to just make a rival team of their own, or to merely become heroes themselves. Y'never know.

I kinda see Rouge and such more as the type of characters that would probably work for Eggman for personal gain more than anything. So I can see the easily team up with Eggman as being agaisnt him the next moment.