Awoo.

Avatar Upload: Could not save the URL image specified

JezMM

Last couple of days, every time I've tried to import an avatar from a URL, I'm met with this error:

9l0c.png

Things I've tried include using a different computer, using a different image, checking the image by putting the URL into my address bar, and even entering an exact same URL from a previous avatar that was accepted at the time.  Every URL has been an imageshack.com one, for example: http://imageshack.com/a/img571/1594/9l0c.png (the image above's URL) but there doesn't seem to be anything unusual about how their URLs are structured and obviously it's worked in the past.  Has anyone else been getting this?

I always tend to use URL upload because in the past, direct uploads tend to have cache issues where I'd noticed on other members, their avatars remained the same but stretched to match the size of the new avatar.  A Ctrl+F5 refresh was usually required (sometimes viewing the image on its own) to fix.  If you can see my new avatar now obviously that's not an issue anymore, I know I haven't seen anyone else with stretched avatars in what feels like more than a year so perhaps that happening has been fixed behind the scenes long ago.

BUT I still figured I'd make this topic because why have an option there that isn't working, etc.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JezMM

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days