Awoo.

Hmmmmmmmmm... the aftermath

bmn

*snip*

How did you find it, anyway?

A PAIN TO FIND BOTH BOOM AND REVERSE OMOCHAO. Urgh. Cool concept tho, wish I found at least one of them.

This is was so amazingly tense yet fun, I applaud you guys for doing this. 

Those probability of finding Backwards Omochao/Boom Omochao was like hunting for Shiny Pokemon...so addicting.

*snip*

I would like to say that with the joking and foolery aside, the SSMB-specific ones I thought could be quite useful for newcomers to the forum. Stuff like advising them of the strike system, the like system etc...

Perhaps it is also possible to make condensed or summarised versions of the rules to remind folks both old and new?

:B

Also thankyou to the SSMB team for this April Fools' gag. It was great stuff. biggrin.png I actually thought I had to beat up/dismiss Omochao to get him to wear the sports tape/bandages! So I was sending him away sooo many times in a row, it took me a looooong time to get the Boom and Backwards Chao. Nice one, guys.

One or two people noted that the best strategy for seeing him as much as possible was to just leave a page open, and that refreshing the page didn't help. 

Spindash's daily tips~

But yeah, I loved it! It took me ages to finally find the sportstape and backwards Omos but overall it was a bucketload of fun and hilarious to see others' experiences.

All I can say is I'm never going to Vegas :P

Saw omochao about 80 times and all were normal front facing haha. Guess I'll stick to buying sodas instead of lottery tickets

Ack if I knew about the badges I would had snapped the sportstape Chao when it came up on my screen. Ah well.

The whole entire event was awesome, mainly for the reactions people were having towards Omochao himself. Rage is always a sight to behold. I think the real question now is how do you top yourselves next year. xP

My strategy, honestly, was leaving not one but three tabs open: Two in the Omochao thread and one for general browsing in case shenanigans were to be had elsewhere. Every minute or so, I'd just be flipping back through them just in case. It was quite the sight to be greeted in each page at the same time, like the little douche was Slenderman or something and wouldn't leave until I read something.

This was honestly the funniest thing to see happen, I loved it. I especially loved the first sighting of Omochao before he was meant to officially begin appearing on April 1st when everyone went crazy over it in a confused frenzy, even if it wasn't meant to happen, haha

Ack if I knew about the badges I would had snapped the sportstape Chao when it came up on my screen. Ah well.

So did I. Hopefully something cool would come up for April Fools next year :D

The whole entire event was awesome, mainly for the reactions people were having towards Omochao himself. Rage is always a sight to behold. I think the real question now is how do you top yourselves next year. xP

My strategy, honestly, was leaving not one but three tabs open: Two in the Omochao thread and one for general browsing in case shenanigans were to be had elsewhere. Every minute or so, I'd just be flipping back through them just in case. It was quite the sight to be greeted in each page at the same time, like the little douche was Slenderman or something and wouldn't leave until I read something.

I actually made a status where I copied the quote based off the infamous "What Am I fighting for" quote from Megaman X4. Just replaced "what am I fighting for" with "Why is omochao here!"

Joking aside though, Omochao is actually a helpful guide for those new to sonic games so he's usually only annoying to those who played past sonic games.

I only found the Sportstape Omochao in the end, I posted it in the "Hmmmmmmm" thread (albeit a little late).

Still great fun though! We should have him around at all holidays dressed up for that particular holiday (Easter bunny, Santa, etc).

I thought it was pretty charming, actually.  It was a nice little thing and it was a nice excuse to give out badges.

The only thing that bothered me is that there were some complaints that Omochao was causing some computers to lag,  Is it possible for some of those complaints to be alleviated next year if we do something of this scale again?

Maybe Omochao could be placed on random pages and there could be a scavenger hunt with clues?

In fact, we should totally do that for Easter. Have an image of an Easter bunny Omochao placed in some popular topics, then give out clues. Whoever finds a large amount of Easterchaos gets a badge.

• Thumbs Up 1

Lol I didn't even know there was a "Boom" or "backwards" version of Omochao. I only saw the regular one.

I really enjoyed that and had fun taking pictures of omochao! he was hillarious!

I miss him. I really want a button for Omochao to turn him off and on. lol

• Thumbs Up 1