Awoo.

Mega Man

Cortez

Oh, and its coming late to 3DS and not to Wii-u at all, where is the justice in that

Nice to see something megaman-related, but eeeeeeeeeh day one

I´d love to see a X HD collection too...

Damnit, it isn't for the Wii U. Probably because of the Virtual Console ports.

At least I have a 3DS!

Damnit, it isn't for the Wii U. Probably because of the Virtual Console ports.

At least I have a 3DS!

They are already on the 3DS VC as well

Wow, no mention of the fact that this is being made by Backbone or now known as DigitalEclipse? Because yeah my wallet shut when I heard that, Backbone isn't going to burn me again.

Also this.

Who's Backbone?

They made the Rivals games, as well as ports of Sonic 1 & 2 to PSN and XBLA.

They also did the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection which was really awesome.

So uh, yeah, it'll probably be fine. not to mention I never had any problems with the Sonic 1 & 2 ports on Xbox buuuuut

The UGC was just a collection of emulator+rom ports, kind of hard to screw that up. I'm pretty sure they will take the same route with this collection but I'm just gonna hold off until I hear good feedback.

The UGC was just a collection of emulator+rom ports, kind of hard to screw that up. I'm pretty sure they will take the same route with this collection but I'm just gonna hold off until I hear good feedback.

So what was the Xbox 360 port of Sonic 1 or 2? How was it different? I never noticed any problems in them.

Unsure, but I know sonic 2 had online multiplayer so more must've been done to them then just standard porting otherwise they wouldn't be disregarded as the 2nd worst ports next to the old iOS ports.

• 7 months later...

Quite a few months ago, having finished Mega Man ZX (on the recommendation of this thread, I think) and ilked it, I started playing Mega Man ZX Advent.  After a break enforced by a long period of not really having time to play video games, I finally finished the game today.  Finished at what I suppose you could call 99% - all upgrades and Datadisks and the vast majority of the sidequests done, but I ignored a few repeat quests which didn't net you anything.  Overall, I liked it, but it definitely had some issues.

• To start on a positive note, a highlight for me was that you could transform not just into the enemy Mega Men, but also into the bosses exactly, no matter how stupid or impractical they were to use.  I thought it was really great that you could do that.
  • ...But on the other hand, I felt that they didn't provide enough areas and circumstances where it was actually useful to use a lot of them; it was just like, transform into Argoyle to get this Datadisk behind a wall, transform into Bifrost to bite through these blocks, then change back and keep going.
  • Similarily, the legibility of the map was much improved and was actually useable this time.
  • ...But it didn't really need to be as the map is much more linear than ZX's, and after the halfway point you just teleport to all the new areas anyway, which undermines the sense of the game really being a proper world like the first one.
  • The checkpoints you could unlock throughout the levels were... an interesting device, in that you could transport to them but not from them, which meant that their usefulness was often limited; a lot of the later levels just locked you into the area so the only way you could get out was by getting all the way to the end, so being able to teleport in felt like comparatively far less of a time-saver than if they just let you warp out.  I'd have preferred it if they did it that way around.
  • The game needed a few quality-of-life improvements in the menus, specifically in the quest screen, where you could look up the name of a quest and who and where gave it to you, but if it was a sidequest you couldn't check not any further details of what it was actually asking you for.  I found that surprisingly antiquated for a DS game.

I think that about covers the outstanding points for me.  It would've been interesting to see a third game, but... well, I suppose that ship has sailed.  But there's still Gunvolt and Mighty No. 9, right guys?  Right?

• 1 month later...

Oh, look. They realized Mega Man fans want new games. Journey of a thousand miles and all that.

Just finished the survey.  For anyone out there that needs help with the address I punched in 061 811: 06/18/11, the date of the Legends 3 cancellation with the blank underneath saying から私を取得します」 <Tsuki kara watashi o shutoku shimasu. >  or "Get me off the moon."

Yeah I let them know that we want Legends 3 to be uncancelled.

• 3 months later...

For those who didn't know:

You can now grab Mega Man rewards for Badge Arcade in North America

2016-07-08 11:00:00  ·  Chris Carter@DtoidChris

They've been up in other regions for weeks

All the way back in February, we heard that Mega Man was gracing Nintendo Badge Arcade, to celebrate the release of Mega Man Legacy Collection on 3DS. Then in May, they actually came -- for the UK that is.

I reached out to Nintendo to get some sort of idea of when they'd be coming to the US and didn't get a definitive answer other than "soon." Well, two months later, here they are! You can now boot up Badge Arcade and bask in the glory of 14 sets of badges, complete with a free play.

As I've said many times before, I'm not as crazy about Badge Arcade as some, but I haven't spent any money on it still and I have tons of fun free icons.

https://www.destructoid.com/you-can-now-grab-mega-man-rewards-for-badge-arcade-in-north-america-373827.phtml

I didn't know there was a Megaman thread!...I don't think I knew. I don't remember if I ever saw this thread before. Anyway...

I collected the Megaman badges for 1-6, and the only problem I have is that you can't flip the badges. I want to make them look a different direction to decorate but I can't making it frustrating...

On 2016/3/22 at 8:35 PM, Tailikku said:

Just finished the survey.  For anyone out there that needs help with the address I punched in 061 811: 06/18/11, the date of the Legends 3 cancellation with the blank underneath saying から私を取得します」 <Tsuki kara watashi o shutoku shimasu. >  or "Get me off the moon."

Yeah I let them know that we want Legends 3 to be uncancelled.

Sorry to bother and I think you won't care much, but I just wanted to correct: when you translate から私を取得します。its "(someone) will achieve/gain me from the moon" in a very polite/formal way. 

It reminds me of a tweet I saw that looks like from one of the staff, saying they are really surprised at the amount of foreign people answering the survey. Yes of course they know, especially by the randomly filled information and the broken/directly-translated Japanese. Which makes me wonder if it was ok for foreign people to answer, since it may have been done only in Japan for a reason.

• 1 year later...

Couldn't quite find and see if there was a Megaman X thread, so I figured this might be the best thread for such.

It would appear that the awaited Megman X collection will be split in two, akin to its classic counterpart, as per ratings that have surfaced in Australia.

Mega Man X Legacy Collection and Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 rated in Australia
posted on 02.14.18 at 09:48 PM EST by Sal Romano (@salromano)
Eight numbered Mega Man X games likely due out across two collections.
Mega Man X4

The Australian Classification Board has rated Mega Man X Legacy Collection and Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2, suggesting the eight numbered Mega Man X due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC this summer will be released across two collections.

Capcom has yet to announce official details.

Read more at https://gematsu.com/2018/02/mega-man-x-legacy-collection-mega-man-x-legacy-collection-2-rated-australia#Ixl5TMttqbEp7HQI.99

https://gematsu.com/2018/02/mega-man-x-legacy-collection-mega-man-x-legacy-collection-2-rated-australia

Question! I missed Mega Man in my childhood but want to try it out now. It looks like a cheap option is the PS1 version of Mega Man 2, Japanese original from the PSN.

Anyone know if this port is a good one? Can I enjoy it even if I don't read Japanese?

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like MMX is joining the fun, finally!

Now whether this is for the collection or there's something bigger in store, we'll see.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd love an X9, but I doubt we'll be seeing anything of the sort until we see how well Mega Man 11 does in sales.

thenmaybelegends3atsomepoint

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

• 2 weeks later...

"sneak peek" at the Robot Masters in upcoming MM11:

I'm working on the translation right now. I'll add it here when I finish.

EDIT: here we go. I need more time for one of them.

EDIT2: Alright, everything is translated.

Spoiler

Advertisement Team K (“K” from now on): Mr. Ucchi, It seem we have information about the robot masters from the upcoming MM11! I heard the team have been brainstorming hard. Let’s see what they look like!

Ucchi (“U” from now on): Oh BOY! What a big scoop!

WhipMan.thumb.jpg.9757f64b77143e0704e565a29f2e559d.jpg

K: First off, WhipMan! Classical and stylish! Interesting their weapon is a whip and not a gun, despite based on a gunfighter. Don’t you want to see him on a horse?!
U: Wow very cool indeed! The whip must have a long attack range! (more if it was a gun...)

NecroMan.thumb.jpg.fbab3a3ae10ae18712e36530c8879dd2.jpg

K: Next is NecroMan! Based on a skull, his design fits right in with the Wily Numbers**!  It’s cute that he’s working at an amusement park (laugh)
U: I have the urge to say “Nee, Necroman, saa~?” There’s also part of me wanting to make it into a sticker.
K: So nostalgic!! I wonder how many people reading this would get the reference...

(I have no clue what they’re talking about.)
**In Japan they call the Robot Master “numbers”

5ac00d21135b9_ReelMan.thumb.jpg.b66caf738037ba8d70934b24c8bb7fd6.jpg

K: Next up, ReelMan! That unique silhouette reminiscent of Airman! His entire right arm is a weapon! It looks like a fun weapon for Megaman to use.
U: Maybe he catches Megaman and reels him in!? That would be useful for Megaman to use! “panicking when he get's his hook stuck” This is me whenever I go fishing in the ocean.

BitMan.thumb.jpg.77f3948aa6d038d18a40d25594a4d538.jpg

K: Next is BitMan! A cute, child type boss! But he has a sad past, “left in a arcade center abandoned 30 years ago”...It seems his weapon is similar to Soul Body from X4?
U: As someone who worked in an arcade center, the smile and lines bring me to tears. ALso that A@rman’s grudge in the back is so creepy!

5ac00dfb5fc6a_ShogiMan.thumb.jpg.d783dcfa3a6deb575c4df4f56c727ea9.jpg

K: Next is ShogiMan. The weapon and looks, vaguely reminds me of a certain someone.
U: Uh, a boss that doesn’t look fit for fighting. He looks so unreliable, I worry he’ll lose that piece on his head.
K: How does looking at the enemies’ back help?

CarrerWOman.thumb.jpg.722e17c133566ff42a162899b3fa1e7b.jpg

K: Next is the second female Boss from the series, CareerWoman….I’m sure I’ve seen this too!? Is this safe? Are we allowed to post this? “Not that person you see on Television”...wait wait wait, declaring doesn’t make it alright!?
U: It even says “Damage 3.5 billion”

(Based on a popular female comedian Chiemi Blouson. Her skit is how she has a successful and satisfying life, happy she was born a woman, and ending everything with “3.5 Billion”)

21c9ed4b-s.thumb.jpg.57ad9873fb0c8b044f98c6cefcb8342d.jpg

K: Next is one of those “Dark XX” types that always come when we ask for Boss submissions. Wait, alright this is going too far! There’s authority and all those troubles!!
U: This is clearly a different direction of “Dark” here!

5ac00e04a379f_wolfman.thumb.jpg.4950f9ca647b7e065cf5b14dbe5ae209.jpg

K:...Oh? The next look decent. WolfMan! Looks like they already have the sprite ready...wait a minute, Megaman11 is in 3D!! His weapon is “lying that a wolf is coming”...not his fangs?!...It’s the boy who’s supposed to lie, not the wolf…
U: And it’s not a lie anymore since the wolf is here!
K: It’s like Pharaohman. Supposed to be a Pyramid exploring robot, but “Wait, you’re the one who’s supposed to be explored!” (laugh)

5ac00e081793d_faucetman.thumb.jpg.d51632c48a89762fce6ce5ca50eb6a75.jpg

K: Next is JaguchiMan**. A Horrifying robot that release poison from it’s faucet...but Megaman doesn’t drink water…? Also isn’t the design getting lazy here!?
U: How does the connection work? It says “disguises as a facet in Light’s house and poisons” but is he specifically targeting Dr. Light here?! This is horrifying in another level.

(Jaguchi: literally “water faucet”)

5ac00e0d096d8_Showerman.thumb.jpg.34aa677c921bdb6776b2e413442d10c7.jpg

K: Next, ShowerMan…..ok, stop targeting Dr. Light! Also the arms make it too obvious!
U: It’s the same thing!

invisibleman.thumb.jpg.86ffb3e67c8402a33a667b844f4ea226.jpg

K: Next is TomeiMan**….wait, they’re not even trying anymore! Cutting corners are we!
U:...(What if this actually comes out)

(tomei: Literally "invisible" or "transparent")

MAN.thumb.jpg.4f2c1a4c6a4f56c300a05f80ef44037c.jpg

K: The last one...MAN. What? “That thing in the restroom”?! Shouldn’t it be “MEN”!? What are they supposed to do with this!?
U: JaguchiMan and this, why are they pushing water-circulated places? Also the face! Where’s the head?!

7b2443ca-s.thumb.jpg.59d1abecec4f59b0cad304916818f9fe.jpg
K: It’s too late to mention this, but the Title Logo is weird too! Why is it in the NES version’s style!! The Subtitle “The Gear of Destiny!?”, why is it questioning!

...Is Mega Man 11 gonna be okay like this?!

*This blog is entirely fictional. It is partially, no, pretty much entirely unrelated and different from the actual game. (The real "Rockman11: Gear of Fate" is good)

K: .....Hm? Looks like we got an additional file. It's named "Déformer** Woman"
U: (Deform...I'm having bad feelings about it already...)

**"Chibi" in the West?

adbe7853-s.thumb.jpg.0e91120eee87e7a2036cfbe45f1822eb.jpg

K&U: ADVERTISEMENT!!!!!!
* Nendoroid Roll is real

Edited by KoDaiko
Translation of Bitman complete, all finished
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1