Awoo.

Mega Man

Cortez

Spoiler

I was believing it for the first three. Bit-Man made me suspicious and Shogi Man and Career Woman confirmed it being an April Fools joke. Fun joke, but the first four are actually cool and I'm disappointed they're not real. lol

Spoiler

Dark roll

I don't care if this is an April Fool's joke. 

Make this a real thing or no buy.

7 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:
  Hide contents

Dark roll

I don't care if this is an April Fool's joke. 

Make this a real thing or no buy.

The Battle Network series has already got you covered:

latest?cb=20120713164906

Besides, the Japanese version identifies her as "Dark Roll"

• 2 weeks later...

Mega Man X Anniversary Collection 1 and 2 announced in Japan, release date is July 26th. No info yet on the western release.

• Thumbs Up 2

I wonder if the Day of Sigma OVA will be included in the wester versions as well, that would be a nice extra.

Considering that the OVA is included, that leaves a lot of questions that need to be answered because of how it was used for the Maverick Hunter X remake:

latest?cb=20070622225201

In this case, in the OVA, it shows Dr. Cain's residence being engulfed in a nuclear explosion set off by Sigma as the first part of the Maverick Rebellion.  Considering that this is the prologue to Mega Man X, that would imply that Cain has been dead all along.  But X2-3 show him alive and well, acting as a mission control for X and Zero in those games before disappearing from the plot entirely after X4.

There is also a big contradiction shown in this OVA as well:

Shining Gundam Mega Man X

In the OVA, it shows X giving Sigma his scars via the Shining Finger (good actor allusion, Capcom) as a last ditch effort to slow him down.  But then explain this?

hqdefault.jpg

Sigma did not go into battle with those scars when he went up against Maverick Zero, but rather, Zero did them to Sigma.  Now Capcom can just cover it up by saying that Sigma had a syth-skin graft to cover the scars up, only for X to make new ones in the same spots.  But then there's the Archie comic which has stated that Zero's scars are the canon ones.

Even though the inclusion of this OVA is a good idea, it does leave a lot of unanswered questions.

So, one collection features two of the best X games (with a couple okay games), while the other features two of the worst.

...Yeah, I think I'll pass on the second collection.

7 hours ago, Tailikku said:

Considering that the OVA is included, that leaves a lot of questions that need to be answered because of how it was used for the Maverick Hunter X remake:

latest?cb=20070622225201

In this case, in the OVA, it shows Dr. Cain's residence being engulfed in a nuclear explosion set off by Sigma as the first part of the Maverick Rebellion.  Considering that this is the prologue to Mega Man X, that would imply that Cain has been dead all along.  But X2-3 show him alive and well, acting as a mission control for X and Zero in those games before disappearing from the plot entirely after X4.

There is also a big contradiction shown in this OVA as well:

Shining Gundam Mega Man X

In the OVA, it shows X giving Sigma his scars via the Shining Finger (good actor allusion, Capcom) as a last ditch effort to slow him down.  But then explain this?

hqdefault.jpg

Sigma did not go into battle with those scars when he went up against Maverick Zero, but rather, Zero did them to Sigma.  Now Capcom can just cover it up by saying that Sigma had a syth-skin graft to cover the scars up, only for X to make new ones in the same spots.  But then there's the Archie comic which has stated that Zero's scars are the canon ones.

Even though the inclusion of this OVA is a good idea, it does leave a lot of unanswered questions.

I don't think Archie can't be used as evidence because it's their interpretation.

I am not so familiar with the X series but I don't see the problem of including the OVAs. Not all OVAs are canon, and as long as people know why it's in there (attempt to remake entire series, but eventually scrapped) , why not. The animation is awesome, and people love it.

Put the events of the OVA and Maverick Hunter X entirely out of your mind when looking at later games' story. It was a failed attempt at rebooting the story and went nowhere.

5 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

English Trailer:

July 24th release date.

So they even bothered to improve the visuals of X7....... will they improve everything else? :U

It amuses me that you think Capcom actually cares about fans of any of the Megaman franchises at this point. Even Sonic doesn't get this level of treatement from Sega, and Sega can only make truly good games by outsourcing.

Story wise the x series was meant to end at 6. 6 leads into the zero series in which they are meant to be connected but then they went and made x7. So it got odd

I thought it was X5 that was meant to end the X series, and jump forward to the Zero series. But then X6 was made anyway, regardless of what Keiji Inafune had planned.

• Thumbs Up 1

It was X5, yeah. Although it's worth noting that many elements of the Zero series were altered in order to allow the post-X5 games to exist; I'm almost certain the elf wars idea was invented in order to provide an alternate reason for Zero being in stasis, so you can't just neatly pretend that the conclusion of X5 is where X definitively stops.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Sean said:

It was X5, yeah. Although it's worth noting that many elements of the Zero series were altered in order to allow the post-X5 games to exist; I'm almost certain the elf wars idea was invented in order to provide an alternate reason for Zero being in stasis, so you can't just neatly pretend that the conclusion of X5 is where X definitively stops.

Not only that, but I'm pretty sure Capcom denying the real X going Maverick in the Zero was because they feared it'd hurt the sales of future X games, so we got a weaker narrative with Copy X.

X6 I can see fitting in with the Zero series, since it came out before Z1. But what about X7-8?

3 minutes ago, NegaMetallix said:

X6 I can see fitting in with the Zero series, since it came out before Z1. But what about X7-8?

In the end of X6 Zero puts himself in stasis, at an unknown point in time, that was the excuse they added for future X games, they happen before Zero seals himself.

Gosh this is already looking better than the original MMX collection, and with alot more artwork/music too! Just the sight of brand new Megaman X content has reignited a part of my heart that will always love this series to death, and I'm sure as heck going to buy both collections. As mixed/hated the later games tend to be, I legitimately enjoy X5 and X8 enough that it's worth it. Plus if it can help support a possible new MMX game, I'm all for it.  And seeing how both collections come out the day after my birthday, I can't think of a better present! 

If there's one thing I'm curious about, it's if X7 will still be the slow mess it was originally, or if they managed to fix the speed/loading times any. I'll be surprised if they did, but fixing the speed alone would make an awful experience be an almost tolerable one (bad audio aside). This is a bit nitpicky, but I also hope the audio problems from the original collection won't be here as well; it was always offputting how tracks could never seamlessly loop, especially in the older games. I've yet to play MM Legacy Collection 1&2 to know how they are, but surely Capcom knows how to better emulate their games now... I hope. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, NegaMetallix said:

We quietly push them under the bed

3 hours ago, NegaMetallix said:

For the Zero series they don't do much - however they are important because they lead up to the ZX series.

Which I remain almost as eternally salty about them not getting sequels as I do for Battle Network ending.

ZX was just bad and messed up a lot from the zero series. Honestly zero should have just ended with 3. It was a perfect ending. Though zero did not end up with the perfect water based guardian like i wanted lol

12 hours ago, Meta77 said:

We quietly push them under the bed

X8 was actually pretty good though. 

I mean, I don't want to get into a discussion/argument about exactly how good it was compared to everything else, but it definitely wasn't "let's pretend this never happened" level.

• Thumbs Up 4