Awoo.

Mega Man

Cortez

9 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Honestly zero should have just ended with 3. It was a perfect ending. Though zero did not end up with the perfect water based guardian like i wanted lol

It was gonna end at 3, but they decided to make another one because of the massive loose end that was Weil escaping and now ruling Neo Arcadia.

2 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

It was gonna end at 3, but they decided to make another one because of the massive loose end that was Weil escaping and now ruling Neo Arcadia.

I remember.  the collection books stats that and shows that picture of the 3 guardians. I felt 4s ending was just bad. Poor Ciel

Hey I was looking for this topic, awesome!

Megaman Palico armor just dropped on Monster Hunter World today:

1 hour ago, goku262002 said:

Hey I was looking for this topic, awesome!

Megaman Palico armor just dropped on Monster Hunter World today:

I hope they use Tango as a Palico costume one day. Cuz you know...he's actually a cat.

Wait. I just realized, is there two Mega man topics right now?

Ehhh...

Well the other topic was made first (I guess it was overlooked that there were multiple MM topics due to the Mega Man/Megaman spelling... psst, "Megaman" is wrong btw) and if I tried merging the two topics at this point, it'd cause some confusion in the convos, so I'm gonna lock this one and deem the other topic the official one. and also I'm gonna fix the damn spelling

actually looking at the other topic it's only three pages long versus this one's 28, so I'll try merging them and hope it doesn't wreck things too badly.

• Thumbs Up 2

• The topic was locked
On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:42 AM, G-Force said:

X8 was actually pretty good though. 

I mean, I don't want to get into a discussion/argument about exactly how good it was compared to everything else, but it definitely wasn't "let's pretend this never happened" level.

Yeah, I played the hell outta X8. Really enjoyed it and even the twist ending. Too bad it was a cliffhanger. Now X6 and X7.

Also, I probably should double check, but I heard something about remixed music? I wonder if those are the tracks that were going to be used in the original Mega Man X collection before they were scrapped in favor of using them for the once-thought-to-be-upcoming Maverick Hunter X series. If so, 'bout damn time.

I always liked the X series more than the original mainly for the fast paced gameplay. I'll try to get them both.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mega Man's getting a concert in July, with some special announcements planned:

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/04/18/mega-man-30th-anniversary-concert-new-announcements-set-july-8/

rockman30th-live-main

The concert will be held at the Nakano ZERO venue in Tokyo, with two shows on July 8 at 12:30pm and 5:30pm JST. Tickets will go for 7,500 yen. As for the concert, it’ll feature music from Mega Man, Mega Man X, Mega Man Battle Network, and other entries from the series.

Music arrangement will be done by Noriyuki Iwadare who worked on Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Trials and Tribulations, Dual Destinies, and Spirit of Justice. He also worked on the Ace Attorney Investigations series and Mega Man X7.

Should be cool. Hopefully we'll be shown more on Mega Man 11.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Potential awful news for Mega Man fans, while nothing is confirmed...Archie App no longer lists Mega Man on the front page. If you search on the app, you can still find the issues and graphic novels fine, but the actual portion of the front page that's supposed to take you to the Mega Man portion of the app is now gone, and all that remains is comics Archie specifically owns the characters for.

Of course, it could also hint at an opportunity - there has to be a reason Archie is dropping its exposure of its last licensed comic now rather than earlier. Archie has been heavily focused on consolidating its lineup on its in-house properties for a while now, and Mega Man was already on 'hiatus' as it is. And I doubt Capcom would like the comic to stay on hiatus with the MM11 on the way.

Considering Sonic's move to IDW, I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom decided to follow suit - the existing comic was already well-received as it is, the events of the crossovers can be retconned or ignored, and IDW would probably do a better job of promoting and getting decent sales than Archie.

But considering how long it took for news of the Sonic comic move to come out, we could be waiting a while for word on what the license's status is.

• Thumbs Up 2

The only good thing is MM has fifty times a better chance of getting a continuation as opposed to new series and since it's reprints aren't stuck in legal hell, we could even see a full series of reprints at long last.

Capcom has a better legal grasp of its own properties than Sega does, really. There are bizarre legal issues with certain bits of the Sonic franchise such as the OVA to the point where Sega actually got mad at the Archie writers for referencing it at one point. Continuing from where the Archie run of Mega Man left will be significantly easier.

The only issue right now with Mega Man is Viz Media having the publishing rights to Battle Network and Star Force stuff despite not having utilised either of them for a long time and only for translated material.

If a new Megaman comic comes out I hope it's a new series. Preferrably not-classic, I know it's the most iconic series but the other series deserve some attention.

If Archie Megaman comes back, I hope Archie is the one to handle. There would be some confusion if another company picked up where it left off (and idk how they'll deal with reprinting past issues).  ...okay, I just prefer each company have their version than having one version continued through multiple companies. I also enjoy seeing various takes on the series with different writers.

Just now, KoDaiko said:

If a new Megaman comic comes out I hope it's a new series. Preferrably not-classic, I know it's the most iconic series but the other series deserve some attention.

If Archie Megaman comes back, I hope Archie is the one to handle. There would be some confusion if another company picked up where it left off (and idk how they'll deal with reprinting past issues).  ...okay, I just prefer each company have their version than having one version continued through multiple companies. I also enjoy seeing various takes on the series with different writers.

I don't want Archie handling it anymore. Between the disgraceful reprint situation, the poor treatment at several points, random hiatus that is never ending and now making it harder to find on the app, it's being held back more than anything by Archie's treatment.

There wouldn't be much confusion as other companies have picked up and continued runs of comics before from another publisher and on top of that, they typically reprint all previous material to ensure no confusion before the actual ongoing itself begins. This is why IDW especially would be preferable. Not only is their reprints extremely high quality compared to the varying and often lacklustre quality of Archie, but if there is no legal issues surrounding it, they tend to reprint and republish old material from other publishers. Like literally - one of their ongoing graphic novel series is reprinting ALL of the TMNT lines because they have no legal issues with it. Not only including the original Eastman and Laird issues but even Archie's old TMNT Adventures line. 

Seeing as Mega Man would have no real legal problems since Ian was the only writer on it but Ian and a lot of the artists are currently at IDW anyway working on the IDW Sonic series. So even the likes of Quake Woman and Vesper Woman - original characters by Ian wouldn't cause an issue because not only has Capcom likely put it in the contract that they own characters created for the series but obviously Ian the original writer of the series would likely work on it.

Considering Archie Mega Man is one of the best versions of the classic series that adds a ton more to the lore of it all and makes it really interesting, as well as adding interesting new sides to the likes of Wily, Light and the sheer majority of Robot Masters themselves, it was an absolute shame that it got cut short because of what was likely Archie's own assaine kickstarter that blew up in their face. It deserves to get finished properly, and it's history reserved through a proper set of reprints as opposed to living in hiatus limbo because of Archie's nonsense.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah, I don't have any confidence in Archie as a publisher anymore. Their mismanagement goes back decades and has resulted in numerous issues for their licensed material, especially Sonic. And they clearly aren't interested in anything other than the "Archieverse" anymore, either.

It's for the best that IDW continue things from where they left off - they've already got a lot of existing talent who were working on the comic, and the comic was so well done that I honestly feel it'd be a massive waste (and frankly pointless) to start anew. Though I do feel Flynn isn't handling the X side of things quite as well as I hoped, if only because he's adhering a bit too closely to the original material, which honestly could do with some revisions and expanding, and is too unrealistically unconnected from its predecessor.

• Thumbs Up 3

Besides,  if IDW get Megaman,  then we can have some more Sonic crossovers to boot as well. 

25 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Sonic Heroes said:

Besides,  if IDW get Megaman,  then we can have some more Sonic crossovers to boot as well. 

That's another thing - possibility of omnibus collections. Worlds Unite never finished it's GN run and Worlds Collide's collection is average quality. IDW would mean the possibility of IDW Collections for the crossovers and Mega Man (Generally, imagine the "Master Collection" reprint that was cancelled. Since it was Archie, it was manga sized and likely going to be low grade paper to off set the cost). If we got an IDW Collection, it'd be hardback collections with really high quality paper along with the normal GN reprints like always.

Guess I’m the only one then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do agree new series will be pointless. If they did Classic again with the same staff members, that is. Archie Megaman was put on *hiatus* AKA cancelled, but it had a conclusion unlike Sonic’s abrupt “it’s gonna be exciting from heeere---nvm” so in my mind the series reached a proper end. I dunno, I feel there should be more adaptations of Mega Man.

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Sonic Heroes said:

If Megaman was continued, it’s gonna be so weird since Sonic is already hard rebooted. The first crossover is fine except for the final part where Sonic remembers pre-reboot  Mecha Sally (right? My memory is vague), but the second crossover has the FFs fully in it. I wonder if that means Archie Sonic will be reprinted too?

• 3 weeks later...

Update on the X Legacy Collections: X-Challenge will apparently have a story mode:

DdyhuSbVMAEPfU9.jpg

XLC1's X-Challenge will even feature Mavericks from XLC2, and presumably vice versa.

https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/309544-mega-man-x-legacy-collection-1-2-s-x-challenge-will-feature-a

For those of y'all who wanted a new X game...it's better than nothing? *goes to watch anime*

I like what i'm seeing so far (well, except for fuse man seemingly having one move anyway) and the level design looks incredibly fun. Don't know why i'm surprised they got VA's for this one (with Bryce Papencock seemingly voicing Mega himself from the sounds of it) since it seems to be the thing to do these days with 2D action platformers. Hopefully the voice lines don't get too annoying.