Awoo.

Mega Man

Cortez

Mega Man sounds like a deep voiced guy trying to be a kid. Oof. It's like HJO on Sora. Dr. Light sounds fine, though. Keith Silverstein is a good actor, but I wish they could've gone with an older guy for Wily. The Japanese voices are on point, though.

On 8/2/2018 at 11:26 PM, Forte-Metallix said:

Anyone up for some voice clips?

I still think Rock "Mega" sounds a bit too old, but other than that, this is a rock-solid cast!

...Blast Man sounds like Kirishima from MHA. Mega Man sounds a bit old tho.

• 2 weeks later...

Wily took over Mega Man's Twitter account today, and the results were glorious:

Highlights: Wily still recognizes Eggman as a fellow evil genius and professional mustache-groomer, he completely defends Top Man's design, Guts Man is his favorite (I KNEW IT), he takes great pride in how much players hate Yellow Devil and disappearing blocks, and he spent all his free time practicing his eyebrow-wiggling during his Robot University years.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 2

36 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Wily took over Mega Man's Twitter account today, and the results were glorious:

Highlights: Wily still recognizes Eggman as a fellow evil genius and professional mustache-groomer, he completely defends Top Man's design, Guts Man is his favorite (I KNEW IT), he takes great pride in how much players hate Yellow Devil and disappearing blocks, and he spent all his free time practicing his eyebrow-wiggling during his Robot University years.

My personal favourites

• Thumbs Up 4

Thought this deserved some attention:

Mega Man's getting his own pachislot game in Japan, complete with radical redesigns, new characters, and a FEMALE Dr. Light! (Images spoiler'd for size)

Spoiler

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-08-13%2Bat%2B6.33.58%2BPM.png

new_4.jpgnew_3.jpgnew_2.jpg

(Trancy, a new protagonist)

DkJdZHlUcAAN71-.jpg

Is it sad that this'd probably make a much better animated series than the one we just got?

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1

Why do they always waste the good designs on stuff like this? I would totally buy a game with the designs present here in like some new rebooted classic megaman spin-off or something.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

9 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Thought this deserved some attention:

We should had got something like these redesigns for a CGI TV series instead of what happened. These actually look decent. Feels like TV Show & movie versions of games always have the worse luck.

• Nice Smile 1

• 2 weeks later...

Introducing the fifth guy on Mega Man's latest hit list!

It’s time for some heavy metal. Joining the four previously revealed Robot Masters for Mega Man 11, the large and in charge Impact Man has assembled an army of building ‘bots at an old construction site, and it’s up to Mega Man to tear down his ambitions. A dedicated robot who likes to see a job through to the end, Impact Man is focused solely on spiking Mega Man into the ground… permanently! Read on to learn more about this riveting boss robot and his unique special weapon.

As a heavy-duty construction robot, it makes sense that Impact Man was designed to withstand some of the toughest working conditions, and was previously tasked with constructing solid foundations for future building projects. Perhaps because of his single-minded nature, Impact Man has tunneled deep within the caves and caverns of a construction site, ensuring that only the most diligent of heroes can pierce through to his lair hiding within. With a stage design calling back to the construction-themed Robot Masters from the original Mega Man, you’ll need guts to survive this challenging stage filled with moving platforms, pitfalls, and deviously placed enemies that are all looking to bring the hammer down on the Blue Bomber.

Pierce through to the boss room at the bottom of the site, and you’ll meet up with Impact Man himself. As a robot who likes to get right to the point, don’t be surprised if he tries to impale you at the very start of the fight. At first, this building ‘bot seems pretty straightforward, with simple attacks such as jumping into the air and slamming down, or dashing across the room before crashing into the wall. With a spike that goes through metal and an ensuing explosion that would make Blast Man proud, you’ll definitely want to keep your distance when you see him getting ready to dash. Don’t count him out too early, though; when he activates his Power Gear, he becomes an unstoppable force, attempting to pulverize you with his souped-up form.

Your reward for punching out Impact Man is a spike of your very own, the aptly named Pile Driver. It’s great for dashing horizontally at high speeds, temporarily sticking to anything solid you impact before shoving off with an explosion and doing severe damage to enemies. By utilizing the Power Gear, you’ll get a longer dash and a more powerful explosion! Pile Driver makes a great way to get across gaps or to cover ground swiftly, and can even pierce straight through weaker enemies. It’s a great choice for completing stages quickly, or for clever movement tricks as long as you have the weapon energy to use it.

Seems this game is giving us two not-Guts Men, but anyone who gives Mega Man a weapon called "Pile-Driver" is okay in my book. Only three more mecha-minions between now and October. The Blue Bomber's revival is just over a month away..

15 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Introducing the fifth guy on Mega Man's latest hit list!

It’s time for some heavy metal. Joining the four previously revealed Robot Masters for Mega Man 11, the large and in charge Impact Man has assembled an army of building ‘bots at an old construction site, and it’s up to Mega Man to tear down his ambitions. A dedicated robot who likes to see a job through to the end, Impact Man is focused solely on spiking Mega Man into the ground… permanently! Read on to learn more about this riveting boss robot and his unique special weapon.

As a heavy-duty construction robot, it makes sense that Impact Man was designed to withstand some of the toughest working conditions, and was previously tasked with constructing solid foundations for future building projects. Perhaps because of his single-minded nature, Impact Man has tunneled deep within the caves and caverns of a construction site, ensuring that only the most diligent of heroes can pierce through to his lair hiding within. With a stage design calling back to the construction-themed Robot Masters from the original Mega Man, you’ll need guts to survive this challenging stage filled with moving platforms, pitfalls, and deviously placed enemies that are all looking to bring the hammer down on the Blue Bomber.

Pierce through to the boss room at the bottom of the site, and you’ll meet up with Impact Man himself. As a robot who likes to get right to the point, don’t be surprised if he tries to impale you at the very start of the fight. At first, this building ‘bot seems pretty straightforward, with simple attacks such as jumping into the air and slamming down, or dashing across the room before crashing into the wall. With a spike that goes through metal and an ensuing explosion that would make Blast Man proud, you’ll definitely want to keep your distance when you see him getting ready to dash. Don’t count him out too early, though; when he activates his Power Gear, he becomes an unstoppable force, attempting to pulverize you with his souped-up form.

Your reward for punching out Impact Man is a spike of your very own, the aptly named Pile Driver. It’s great for dashing horizontally at high speeds, temporarily sticking to anything solid you impact before shoving off with an explosion and doing severe damage to enemies. By utilizing the Power Gear, you’ll get a longer dash and a more powerful explosion! Pile Driver makes a great way to get across gaps or to cover ground swiftly, and can even pierce straight through weaker enemies. It’s a great choice for completing stages quickly, or for clever movement tricks as long as you have the weapon energy to use it.

Seems this game is giving us two not-Guts Men, but anyone who gives Mega Man a weapon called "Pile-Driver" is okay in my book. Only three more mecha-minions between now and October. The Blue Bomber's revival is just over a month away..

Welcome to the Robot Masters with no hands club, Impact Man.

Here's a group shot for Rockman Ability, featuring the six new Robot Masters (Coin Woman, Lever Man, Choice Man, Reversi Man, Replay Man, and one more yet to be named), as well as our new Wily:

rockmanpachislot.jpg

Dude kinda looks like an evil Professor Kukui, and I'm down with that. Also, Proto Man's once again a bad guy.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Here's a group shot for Rockman Ability, featuring the six new Robot Masters (Coin Woman, Lever Man, Choice Man, Reversi Man, Replay Man, and one more yet to be named), as well as our new Wily:

rockmanpachislot.jpg

Dude kinda looks like an evil Professor Kukui, and I'm down with that. Also, Proto Man's once again a bad guy.

The Silver one on the bottom left is called Chance Man.

I am still not over what they did to Dr. Light lmao

Guess what's up?

As someone who's not that invested into Megaman, and even couldn't really get into the original Megamans...Damn, I'm impressed.

Platforming's tight, the Double Gear system aids in the gameplay smoothly, the animation is super crisp and has that Megaman charm to it, the enemies have that quirky element to them (fucking anti-Eddies), it's all here.

It really, genuinely, feels like the evolution of Megaman people have been waiting for, which is strange to say speaking as an outsider. Gonna get this at launch no doubt.

• Thumbs Up 3

And we've got Boss #6 on top of that!

MCsIUJDl.jpg

With a spring in his step and a cheerful outlook, Bounce Man makes for one unlikely Robot Master in Mega Man 11. Compared to the angular Impact Man who’s driven to a point, the concerns of modern robot life simply bounce off of this smooth, round Robot Master. Don’t let appearances fool you, though; Bounce Man’s stage might just stretch you to your limits!

Originally an exercise instructor, Bounce Man’s brightly-colored body and friendly appearance have made him a smash hit with children and adults alike. Despite taking over an indoor wonderland as his own personal playground, Bounce Man still views everything as a playful game, bouncing off the walls with joy the moment Mega Man enters his chamber. Before you reach this rubbery robot, you’ll have to hop to it and navigate your way through the vibrant Boing-Boing Park.

True to its name, Boing-Boing Park is dedicated to safety first. You’ll rarely need to worry about falling into pits thanks to the noble efforts of Tosanizer V, a robot designed to keep people from jumping across gaps. Spikes are nowhere to be seen either, save for small, spiky robots called Gabyoalls patrolling along the ground that are installed for security. All that safety comes at a cost, though; bounding all over the place can make it difficult to get to where you want to go! True to its name, Boing-Boing Park will have you springing off the walls, the floor, and maybe the ceiling on occasion thanks to large parts of the stage being covered in brightly colored rubber balls that keep you on and off your toes at all times.

CesnT8ql.jpg

HPqz0Ebl.jpg

He may be tough as rubber, but if you can best him, you’ll grab a weapon befitting of this Robot Master: Bounce Ball. Firing three rubber balls in front of Mega Man that can be tilted up or down, each projectile will rebound off the walls and enemies for a bit before bursting in a spray of confetti. You can have several shots on screen at once, and unleash colorful chaos with the Power Gear to fire off an additional three bouncy balls behind you with every use.

2SAIAkXl.jpg

That just leaves not-Ice Man and not-Dive Man to be named. You'd think an evil genius would've made Spiked-Wall Man WAY before he made a BOUNCE Man!

I have a feeling that Bounce Man's weapon will be the one effective against Fuse Man, seeing as rubber is a good insulator of electricity, with Impact Man's weapon being effective against Block Man, and Torch Man against Tundra Man.  But that begs the question as to what Blast Man, Bounce Man, Torch Man, and Acid Man are weak against

1 hour ago, Tailikku said:

I have a feeling that Bounce Man's weapon will be the one effective against Fuse Man, seeing as rubber is a good insulator of electricity, with Impact Man's weapon being effective against Block Man, and Torch Man against Tundra Man.  But that begs the question as to what Blast Man, Bounce Man, Torch Man, and Acid Man are weak against

I dunno about that. Impact Man's weapon didn't seem to do much damage at all to Block Man in the demo, so I'm beginning to think that Blast Man's weapon might be his weakness instead.

11 minutes ago, NegaMetallix said:

I dunno about that. Impact Man's weapon didn't seem to do much damage at all to Block Man in the demo, so I'm beginning to think that Blast Man's weapon might be his weakness instead.

It did more damage than either the Megabuster or the Fuse Man weapon. I'd say that qualifies it as a weakness of his. From what I remember, there were a few RMs in the Classics who weren't super weak to anything, just took more damage from their weakness. But who knows, maybe Blast Man is his true weakness. Guess we'll find out.

5 minutes ago, Shade Vortex said:

It did more damage than either the Megabuster or the Fuse Man weapon. I'd say that qualifies it as a weakness of his. From what I remember, there were a few RMs in the CLassics who weren't super weak to anything, just took more damage from their weakness. But who knows, maybe Blast Man is his true weakness. Guess we'll find out.

...Yeah, I see your point. It may also have just not done as much damage as previous weaknesses would, because of the multiple phases each Robot Master seems to have now.

New trailer, showing off Bounce Man, Challenge Mode, and giving us a taste of the pre-order bonus alternate OST!

I played the demo this morning. I could not beat the boss on casual mode and I had to switch the difficulty to newcomer to beat it. Keep in mind, I’ve played Mega Man before.

Level design and controls are mostly fine and all, but maaaaan the music is really lacking. Not catchy at all. Not feeling the gear mechanic either, and it seems they really push you to use it at times (like with that mini-boss).