Awoo.

Mega Man

Cortez

Still playing through Mega Man 11 but I’ve figured out about six of the weaknesses, so if anyone wants it - here’s a boss order.

Spoiler

Pile Man (possibly stock up on e tanks if need be)

Bounce Man (weak to Pile Man)

Fuse Man (Weak to Bounce Man)

Tundra Man (Weak to Fuse Man)

Torch Man (Weak to Tundra Man I think)

Blast Man (Weak to Torch Man I think)

Block Man (Weak to Blast Man)

Acid Man (Weak to Block Man)

The unique style with every Robot Master feels refreshing and new.

There's Tundra Man with his passion for figure skating, Torch Man and his... "Torch-jitsu" fighting style, and even Blast Man with him wanting to turn his explosions into attractions in an amusement park. They feel new and different, instead of falling into the trap of being too similar to old Robot Masters.

And such cool designs too! Blast Man, Tundra Man and Bounce Man are my favourite designs of the lot.

As for stages, Bounce Man and Acid Man both offer unique gimmicks in their stages that I enjoy, making them my favourite stages.

21 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

So, no Bass or Protoman, huh?

Sniff, sniff,  anyone else smells future DLC?

If they are DLC (slimmer chance but we may get Roll too), wonder if they'll get the double gear system too.

For Bass I'd get it, maybe Wily upgraded him, but I can't think of how Protoman will get the dg system due to his relationship with both doctors.

Really missing ProtoMan here.

But hey, the game is sweet and the Robot Masters are really inspired and solid, I like how each of them has style and small bits of personality, as well as their upgraded powers via the double gear. I think there are some nice additions to this game as well, in gameplay. Still, I wish there were more cutscenes to showcase the Robot Masters' personalities because I believe they deserve it, not just Block Man.

I just realised, this is the first classic Mega Man game without an appearance by Proto Man since his first appearance in Mega Man 3.

Fancy that, huh? Seems as this new game is focused on going back to basics and building upon the foundations by updating everything. No more fancy stories, robots from space, and whatever else. Just a pure Mega Man experience. To be honest, for a revival, that really feels like the right decision to have made. And now that Mega Man is back, a potential MM12 can bring back Mega Man in full force, with Proto Man, Bass and all.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

I just realised, this is the first classic Mega Man game without an appearance by Proto Man since his first appearance in Mega Man 3.

Fancy that, huh? Seems as this new game is focused on going back to basics and building upon the foundations by updating everything. No more fancy stories, robots from space, and whatever else. Just a pure Mega Man experience. To be honest, for a revival, that really feels like the right decision to have made. And now that Mega Man is back, a potential MM12 can bring back Mega Man in full force, with Proto Man, Bass and all.

Yeah, but to be honest, I kind of really would’ve loved a boss battle against Bass and Treble using the double gear system.

Also, that first Wily castle boss really screwed me up, those who played the game know who.

• Thumbs Up 2

It may be pretty by-the-books Mega Man fare, but you can tell a lot of love was pumped into this game. The graphics are gorgeous, the level designs and new enemies are super-creative, and the extra modes are enjoyable too. Especially loving the gallery and all the little tidbits about the enemies and robot masters (guess who's robotics company built Tundra Man!).

Welcome back, blue buddy.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

...sure why not. Little risk.

Will it be good? Yay, first good video game movie is about Megaman (unless Detective Pikachu beats them to the punch)

Will it be bad? No one cares, throw it on the pile of bad game movies,next to Warcraft, Street Fighter and Assassin Creed. IP will still remain respected.

I might been worried if Megaman was perfect franchise that never did wrong before, but X-Over exists.

Here my short wish list

Spoiler

Don't be Fully Charged. No stupid glowing lines on design. Don't adapt Mega Mini or any othet character from cartoon.

Don't leave Protoman and Bass for sequel, you might not get it (of course don't force them into story either).

If Bay comes near this movie, just sell suicide pills in cinemas. For convenience sake.

With that said, I can't imagine Mega Man in live action not looking stupid. He might be CGI cartoon, but my point stands. At least Sonic in live action works on Roger Rabbit logic, Megaman is just uncanny valley.

I think Mega Man works better than Sonic as a live-action movie. Because Sonic does interact with humans in various games, but the Mega Man world IS set among humans, hell, Rock and the Robot Masters have human faces as well. The whole point of the series is humans and robots living together and their acceptance, I don't think they could have done it in a different way. Sure it could have been animated instead of having actors, but it wouldn't change much, it'd still have to use humans.

• Thumbs Up 3

That's actually a pretty strong argument, although I have to say that Robot Masters who just look like humans in armour are some of my least favourite designs.

2 hours ago, I Love Sticks said:

I think Mega Man works better than Sonic as a live-action movie. Because Sonic does interact with humans in various games, but the Mega Man world IS set among humans, hell, Rock and the Robot Masters have human faces as well. The whole point of the series is humans and robots living together and their acceptance, I don't think they could have done it in a different way. Sure it could have been animated instead of having actors, but it wouldn't change much, it'd still have to use humans.

This is a very good argument and I feel that an actual live action Megaman movie could work. But seeing as how the current efforts to transfer video games into movies are going I just can't see them not doing a completely different story than the one the source material has. Taking any cynicism I have towards the Sonic movie aside and just going by Capcom properties we have the amazingly bad Street Fighter movie (often contended to actually be one of the best video games movies because of how amazingly bad it is), the RE movies that picked a director who really loved his wife and Monhun turning into one of them Isekai animes that are so popular lately (mostly on Japan tho).

I mean, it could still be great. But just don't expect them to follow the source that much.

Also somepages from Production Notes, posted by various twitter users: (No spoilers for the game, it's just long)

Spoiler

• Thumbs Up 1

I see that Cossack hasn't been completely forgotten.  Also those redesigns for Cut Man and Fire Man.  It makes me wonder if they were going to return as NPCs (much like in SAR and the fanmade 8BDM) or if they would be minibosses of sorts like in the Saturn version of MM8 (albeit with Fire Man replacing Wood Man).

Or perhaps they will be DLC?  That option makes me wonder how they would redesign the other six Robot Masters, especially since Ariga pretty much perfected Guts Man in his manga (and to a lesser extent Time and Oil in the Maniax segments) with Ishikawa more or less perfecting Bomb, Elec, and Ice Man.

I honestly would hope they were NPCs. Mainly because I prefer the Archie continuity where they were repaired and wiped clean of Wily’s reprogramming. 

The thing to remember is 1, 9 and 11’s Robot Masters aren’t meant to be violent and try to destroy Rock, it’s because Wily reprogrammed them so they’ll be forced to do it while also making them more aggressive. So it depends really - If they brought Cut and Fire back, I really hope they’d have a good explanation for them like Wily’s captured them too as gear system test subjects or something as opposed to them just being outright evil, especially with the voice acting and writing being there to let Robot Masters displays some personality.

• Thumbs Up 2

Finished the game. It's guuuuud

But real quick: I discovered a MUCH better way to grind bolts than Block Man's stage, but it's pretty spoilerific:

Spoiler

1) There are two items in the shop you gotta buy to make this bearable: 

• Screw Catcher (Only available in the shop on Saturdays, for whatever reason): Makes enemies drop bolts 30% more often
  • Mystery Chip: The faster you clear any stage, the more bonus bolts you're rewarded

2) With at least the Mystery Chip equipped, plow through Wily Stage 3 ad nauseum. (It's just one short hallway and the obligatory boss rush) With some practice, you can get near 100 bolts per visit, provided you don't die. (It doesn't disqualify you from the bonus, but it wastes time)

3) There are multiple shortcuts I've discovered to cheese many of the RM's, such as hitting Acid Man with Block Dropper at any point during his Speed Gear phase, even when he's swimming, and repeatedly zapping Tundra Man as he's doing his "wounded and getting ready to Speed up" animation. (You'll need to use Speed yourself) General rule of thumb: Spam Speed whenever possible and wail on the boss any time they leave an opening.

Even without the Screw Catcher, I've been able to grind over 6000 bolts in just a few hours, which is exactly enough to buy the two most important items in the game (Both only available after you beat Wily the first time): Awakening Chip (Infinite ammo for all Special Weapons) and Cooling System Infinity (Unlimited gear usage) I recommend buying the latter first, since infinite Speed Gear will make grinding the boss rush less tedious than infinite ammo.

23 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Finished the game. It's guuuuud

But real quick: I discovered a MUCH better way to grind bolts than Block Man's stage, but it's pretty spoilerific:

Hide contents

1) There are two items in the shop you gotta buy to make this bearable: 

• Screw Catcher (Only available in the shop on Saturdays, for whatever reason): Makes enemies drop bolts 30% more often
  • Mystery Chip: The faster you clear any stage, the more bonus bolts you're rewarded

2) With at least the Mystery Chip equipped, plow through Wily Stage 3 ad nauseum. (It's just one short hallway and the obligatory boss rush) With some practice, you can get near 100 bolts per visit, provided you don't die. (It doesn't disqualify you from the bonus, but it wastes time)

3) There are multiple shortcuts I've discovered to cheese many of the RM's, such as hitting Acid Man with Block Dropper at any point during his Speed Gear phase, even when he's swimming, and repeatedly zapping Tundra Man as he's doing his "wounded and getting ready to Speed up" animation. (You'll need to use Speed yourself) General rule of thumb: Spam Speed whenever possible and wail on the boss any time they leave an opening.

Even without the Screw Catcher, I've been able to grind over 6000 bolts in just a few hours, which is exactly enough to buy the two most important items in the game (Both only available after you beat Wily the first time): Awakening Chip (Infinite ammo for all Special Weapons) and Cooling System Infinity (Unlimited gear usage) I recommend buying the latter first, since infinite Speed Gear will make grinding the boss rush less tedious than infinite ammo.

Uh, Forte...

Spoiler

You do realise you don't need to finish the stages to get the bolts, and you can pick up the 100 bolts on Block Man's stage in about 20 seconds?

I was gonna ask "where the heck is Tango", but then...

Darn. Looks like the MM11 team was experimenting a whole bunch. They're trying everything...well, more like throwing a whole bunch of ideas and see what sticks.

Developing characters, clarifying details, change in design, totally new features....MM11 is a drastic change from the past. Maybe because it's a new team (...right? I am still not sure), and kind of like a reboot? They don't have the fixed concept/rule from MM10 and before. It's a completely fresh start for them. They will keep parts that they feel are essential, but is willing to change what they can. Though I hope they keep some of the ambiguous parts as is (Like what specifically happened between Proto man and Light). That's what makes Mega man interesting for me. But I hope they officially retcon Inafune's joke-design for Protoman's hair cuz I still hate it.

57 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

I was gonna ask "where the heck is Tango", but then...

Darn. Looks like the MM11 team was experimenting a whole bunch. They're trying everything...well, more like throwing a whole bunch of ideas and see what sticks.

Developing characters, clarifying details, change in design, totally new features....MM11 is a drastic change from the past. Maybe because it's a new team (...right? I am still not sure), and kind of like a reboot? They don't have the fixed concept/rule from MM10 and before. It's a completely fresh start for them. They will keep parts that they feel are essential, but is willing to change what they can. Though I hope they keep some of the ambiguous parts as is (Like what specifically happened between Proto man and Light). That's what makes Mega man interesting for me. But I hope they officially retcon Inafune's joke-design for Protoman's hair cuz I still hate it.

The second armor design from right to left on the lower part of the picture. Holy crap

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxtTop4adJg_jNARo8RWj

They referenced Inafune's early concepts for X!

17 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Uh, Forte...

Reveal hidden contents

You do realise you don't need to finish the stages to get the bolts, and you can pick up the 100 bolts on Block Man's stage in about 20 seconds?

Did a quick time comparison, and yeah, yours won by about a minute. My bad.

But today, there's an even better grinding opportunity! (Tested this one up front) In addition to that bolt-drop-increasing item available on Saturdays only, Light's shop is having a sale today! If you need E-Tanks or 1-Ups, now's the time to get them!

And with the Bolt Catcher equipped, the beginning of Tundra Man's stage is the perfect farming spot! I managed to get a rough average of 600 Bolts per minute!

Who relates to who in Mega Man 11?

Well, with the translation of a page out of the Rockman 11 Production Note book, we know every character's relation to each other. Such as Blast Man having his own column that he authors in the "Boom Monthly" magazine, and Impact Man is an avid reader of said column. And also, an old friend shows up too...

DpWOghdX4AEOCgQ.jpg+orig.jpg

I completely forgot to share this, but the opening animation is pretty funny:

• Thumbs Up 1

I am a bit upset after seeing someone praise the MM:FC cartoon for having female robots and characters, which is nice....by calling Capcom sexist and toxic for not doing the same in MM11. Ah, Tumblr....

Anyway, related to @Polkadi~♪'s post: I'm sure most Megaman fans know but just in case,  if any of you want to see scans the Production Note this person is posting them:

...yeah they're not translated yet, but you can still enjoy the images. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Could've sworn those pictures were already posted here...

I really like these concepts of a casual Rock. When you strip away the Mega Man part of his life, he really does seem like an ordinary boy in these concepts (albeit still being a robot). It's quite charming, actually. And I like that they still keep him in blue, as all other casual Rock outfits have been.

And also, from other pieces of the Production Notes shown, Torch Man had some interesting designs, like his head resembling a campfire in one concept. Too bad some of those cool ideas didn't make it to the final design (but they do look a bit gaudy on him, so maybe it's for the best).