Awoo.

Mega Man

Cortez

Oh my god the Quick Man lasers in X5's Zero Stage 1 can get bent.

And now I'm a filthy savestate-using scum because that seemed less horrific than another twenty or so minutes getting killed by them. I can put up with a lot of things when it comes to Mega Man, but not Quick Man lasers.

I noticed that lives in X5 are completely useless.

Did you know that Dr. Light is actually voiced by a Japanese person? That explains why the voice actor can't say his 'L's' all that well.

That explains so much

Oh my god the Quick Man lasers in X5's Zero Stage 1 can get bent.

And now I'm a filthy savestate-using scum because that seemed less horrific than another twenty or so minutes getting killed by them. I can put up with a lot of things when it comes to Mega Man, but not Quick Man lasers.

I noticed that lives in X5 are completely useless.

Dark Dizzy's weapon makes it a lot more tolerable.

Edited by Wearied Flames

Dark Dizzy's weapon makes it a lot more tolerable.

The time stop? it only works for a short while, by the time it's run out, you're at the hardest part :T

The time stop? it only works for a short while, by the time it's run out, you're at the hardest part :T

You mean the part where you drop down and there are lots of platforms in your way? I usually save the time stop until the first checkpoint, if I try to move as fast as I can, it lasts up to the end stretch. Using the Falcon Armor helps too.

I actually haven't obtained any of the armor or health upgrades due to playing the game blind and not revisiting any of the stages. I should probably work on that since I'm up to the boss rush now.

I actually haven't obtained any of the armor or health upgrades due to playing the game blind and not revisiting any of the stages. I should probably work on that since I'm up to the boss rush now.

Unfortunately you might have to restart the game to get most of the upgrades.

This reminds me of what I hate the most about X5, the upgrade system is extremely awkward. When you beat each boss you have to choose between a health upgrade or a weapon energy upgrade, meaning you can't max out both health and weapon energy and there are only enough in the game to max out either X or Zero.

If you defeat a boss when they're at a high enough level each upgrade option will also come with a unique upgrade item. The problem is that bosses only level up as the countdown decreases so you need at least 8 gameovers before you could unlock the item upgrades. Also you don't know what item you'll get until you select it so it's very likely you get a upgrade that's exclusive to the character you aren't using.

It's impossible to collect more than half of the upgrades in a playthrough and each can only be applied to either X or Zero, not both. It's really asinine if your playing Zero because there's a chance that Zero will go rogue just before the Sigma stages, causing you to lose all your upgrades on him.

Sorry for the rant but this is my only real problem with this game, it would have been better than X4 if it weren't so complicated.

• 1 month later...

Yes finally I found the latest general thread.

Time to break out that GBA or DS collection today, because:

They Grow Up Fast: Mega Man Zero Turns 10 Years Old! (TMMN)

And to celebrate, lawlcapcom Fans are putting together a special 10th anniversary manga:

zero10-323x450.jpg

If want to see more of it go here.

Ah this game, I have soo many great memories with it and if it wasn't for MMZ (and battle network) I would've never liked megaman! so I thank this series for turning me onto the blue bomber.

Happy Birthday Megaman Zero!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 months later...

After a long time of no posting, I'd say I want to do a Classic series best of, since I've played every game in that series. If anyone wants to do one for the X series or any other, feel free to do so. ^^

Anyway, on with the list:

Best Character: Mega Man (Obviously, since he's the hero and is very awesome and stylish)

Best Robot Master: Ring Man (For one, he has an awesome design, and is made of RINGS!!)

Best Weapon: Hornet Chaser from MM9 (They can grab items from hard to reach places, are spammable, and can take items from enemies)

Best Stage: Gravity Man from MM5 (While it's easy, the neat Gravity gimmick makes it fun)

Best Song: Wily Stage 3-4 from MM3 (It's such a slow, yet very catchy and evil sounding song, I prefer it from any other Wily theme)

Best helper: Rush (He can transform, with my favorite form being the Super Adapter from 7)

Best Wily Castle: Mega Man 7 (Challenging and has some nice bosses)

Best Final Boss: Mega Man 9 (Challenging and epic)

Best new ability: Sliding

Best soundtrack: Mega Man 3 (My favorite soundtrack ever, as of late)

Best new item: E-Tanks from MM2 (Help you refill health, and makes it easier to stay alive)

Best game: Mega Man 3

• 1 month later...

Not like it would've come out anyway.

Fixed LOLOLOL

But anyways, yeah, there was no way it was ever getting finished.

Hell 4 months ago, "Rockman Online Cancelled" was one of the top searches in google. Most people already saw it coming.

With some help we got this Megaman cycle down.

Step 1: Capcom announces a new Megaman game

Step 2: Capcom get fans excited with game promotions

Step 3: Capcom cancel the game

Step 4: They blame the fans for some reason or another

Step 5: They re-release a "super version" of a previously released fighting game

Step 6: Said game has misspelled words on the cover

• Thumbs Up 7

So that's why they told us the plan to localize Ace Attorney 5.

"I guess if we announce the localization of AA5, we can cancel Rockman Online and they won't be mad!"

Wrong Capcom, WRONG.

This is probably the final nail in the coffin, and the closest thing to a confirmation of Megaman's end.

Capcom VP: Mega Man Has Too Many Competing ‘Sub-Brands’ For A Reboot

Capcom fans have gone from pitchfork-bearing rage to a “Cold War-level” grudge over the Mega Man series, or how the developer has seemingly abandoned it. According to a Capcom executive, even a reboot is unlikely.

Surprisingly, Capcom USA senior vice president Christian Svensson himself weighed in on a rather small “Ask Capcom” community forum post—titled “How about a Reboot to the MM Legend Franchise into a new entry in the MM”—throwing in his two cents on why a reboot of the Blue Bomber’s origins just won’t work:

I (and probably I alone so please don’t ascribe said belief to “Capcom”) think one of the problems MM has had as a brand is that we’ve had too many competing splinter sub-brands within it. I’m not sure starting yet another is the way to get the franchise as a whole back on track more than creating greater brand confusion but we’ll take it under advisement.

To date, there are currently seven Mega Man sub-series in the franchise’s portfolio, with only six of them having produced a game with in the last console generation: the main Mega Man games, Mega Man X, Zero, the Battle Network spin-offs, the ZX line, and Mega Man Star Force.

All those brands alone are a headache to keep tabs on for most fans, but the biggest problem is likely that Capcom just hasn’t seen any worthwhile returns on the investments they’ve made in recent Mega Man titles. According to most sources, no Mega Man game has broken a million copies sold in almost 10 years.

Capcom never released sales info on Mega Man 9 or Mega Man 10—although the company stated that they were “pleased” with both games’ performance. However, the company did go on record saying that MM9 was the best-selling WiiWare game on the network (which doesn’t say much, considering the shallow pool of worthwhile titles).

Edited by VisionaryBlur
  • Thumbs Up 1

More like "Fuck you we don't give a shit about Mega Man, have some PR bullshit excuses instead"

Edited by Solkia-kun
  • Thumbs Up 3

This is probably the final nail in the coffin, and the closest thing to a confirmation of Megaman's end.

Capcom VP: Mega Man Has Too Many Competing ‘Sub-Brands’ For A Reboot

No, it really isn't. Firstly, it's just one VP stating his own personal opinion. Same guy also hinted at something big for Mega Man in december.

And secondly, he's right, if not for those specific reasons. Classic, X, ZX and Legends still need to be finished, ZX and Legends especially. There's seriously too many loose ends to tie up before Capcom can consider another sub-series.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I know the 'lot of you don't like Battle Network but you may get a kick out of this:

Rockman.EXE WS has been fully translated and was released yesterday.

Can you actually guard in this one? That's the only thing I can't stand about the Battle Network games is the inability to guard.

Rockman Online was finally cancelled? I was wondering when Capcom would finally cancel it to fuck is over, again.

I'm done with Capcom and their BS Mega Man excuses. I'm writing my adaptations.

Mega Man 1 is first.