Awoo.

Mega Man

Cortez

kinda a shame if it really is cancelled.... seeing how Capcom is technically not even developing it. I do love those animated Trailers

I thought this game got canned last year or something, I wonder if they were even still working on it up to this moment.

Did anyone even care in the first place? the footage shows a bunch of poorly rendered Zeros and Xs running around. I thought it looked awful.

This feels more like a dog with a tumor on it's liver being put down than a "fuck you Capcom".

So that's three 2011 Mega Man games compared to two 2010 Crash games.

Alright, I'll concede, the Mega Man fans have it worse now. Although I suspect that most thought that Online was dead for a good while now anyway.

I though it was cancelled already...

Oh well...That one was interesting for me compared to the others...

It only truly affects Koreans, this. Never really liked the MMO aspect.

New Megaman game in development

After lots of high profile cancellations over the last few years, it looks like Capcom may finally be ready to breathe some life back into the Blue Bomber. Speaking at the World of Capcom panel at PAX East, Capcom community manager Brett Elston dropped some good news for mega fans. First and foremost, Capcom is developing a new game in the Mega Man series, but it's "not ready" to fully announce it just yet.

Two more of the series' 8-bit classics are slated to hit the 3DS eShop in the next two months, with Mega Man 4 arriving April 25 and Mega Man 5 on May 16. Capcom will also be releasing a special light-up figure to commemorate Mega Man's 25th anniversary.

Please let it be an actual new game

Please don't let it be another 8-bit title
Please don't let it be shit
And most important of all

Please don't let it be cancelled

Edit: Removing gif. This doesn't deserve to have a Waluigi gif.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 9

At this rate, I'm eagerly awaiting the cancellation of the next installment in the Megaman series followed by its announcement.

huehuehu

Edited by Dobkeratops

Will Megaman ever beat Cancel Man?

If he does beat him he'll just get the power to be cancelled and never have a new game.

Megaman just can't win.
fatmegamanstreetfighter.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6

Oh! That's priceless. It's announced and suddenly it's err..aborted again.

Oh Megaman, will you ever get your big break again? ;-;

I think we should accept the fact and live with it... That a new Mega Man game will never- wait... What am I saying?!

Mega Man is the reason I laugh when Zelda and Sonic fans complain that they haven't had a game in a long time. I mean, it's at the point where even the idea of a new Mega Man game is surprising. Capcom MUST be trying their very best to treat the Mega Man franchise the worst way possible, what did my poor Mega do to deserve this? ;-;  /endrantoncancellationofannouncement

Honestly guys, they're trying to think of something new and that takes awhile until they finally come into fruition. Also, Inafune's last games (MML3 and that downloadable game) had two problems. With MML3, he announced it before it was greenlit, and while I understand he has an agenda on CAPCOM, he just LEFT months in development. That's not the way to treat a project you've been wanting to make at all. And with the downloadable game, the controls and physics among other things were apparently pretty bad or mediocre.

So a guy I'm subscribed to made this video about Capcom's current treatment of Mega Man:

Pretty interesting and intelligent. Thought I might as well post it here.

Here's your new game fans, be grateful!

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/22/the-wacky-mega-man-mini-game-collection-only-in-japan/

For Japan only

Meh, looks pretty lame anyway. Who cares.

Here's your new game fans, be grateful!

*snip*

Ok the Elecman minigame was actually pretty cool. Also some neat spritework.

Capcom has been shown the interest in the series still exists through that fangame a few months ago and if their word is to be trusted, they've been looking into how to handle the series for a while. I wouldn't expect anything soon though as we've been told several times as you need to look at the big picture here: if they were to return to the series without Inafune, who would head up the project, and where would they even start?

Would they revive the Battle Network or Zero arcs? Continue the X subseries? How about a new original game, but would it be 8-bit or of a newer design similar to Powered Up? Or would they create a whole new arc and see where that would take them or if the fans would even enjoy that (which probably isn't the case at this point).

What happened to the "Capable people" Inafune said he left the series to? wouldn't those people know how he would take the individual series next?