Awoo.

Mega Man

Cortez

I'm inclined to believe that if the blueness is debatable, it's probably not blue enough.

dMwY4lZ.jpg

Leaked Maverick Hunter concept art.

I swear if you asked me before I came to this thread who is this character, I will never know. That doesn't look like Mega Man at all.

That concept art looks like it belonged in a original ip rather than Megaman; the series always had it route in a cartoonish-anime style that always worked across all the sub-series and spin offs.  I think that Armature were working on a new ip for Capcom and they thought it was a good idea to slap on the megaman x series on top of it :(.   At least the concept art looks cool...

The art looks cool but, it doesn't really suit megaman, especially the head.

I wouldn't have minded it so much if it actually looked blue and if he actually had a face. I wouldn't mind a slightly more realistic looking Megaman for a title as long as it ACTUALLY looked like Megaman. And the gameplay and story were good. But don't change Megaman to look completely different.

Bomberman: Act Zero is an example of this, too; Bomberman doesn't look anything like Bomberman. Also, the gameplay has to be good, too, of course, hence Sonic '06. In the case of Sonic, though, I think Sonic looks as realistic as he can be in SA2; didn't need to make him look taller in Sonic '06. Making the incredibly cartoony humans for Unleashed was a horrible step in the wrong direction after Sonic '06, again humans were fine in SA/SA2.

...Megaman's pretty much been dead of late, hasn't he? Too be honest, though, I don't think I was ever into Megaman because of the games. I think I was more into Megaman because I watched the anime as a kid. Which really pales in comparison to actually playing the games; the first Megaman game I actively played was X, which I failed repeatedly.

I had a chance to play X2 and X3 later, but never got anywhere. It wasn't until X: Command Mission and Network Transmission where I really played more Megaman, neither of which are very traditional titles (though I love Command Mission).

Once I got into playing the originals I could never get anywhere in them. At least in Megaman X I could beat a few bosses. In the originals I could barely get to the end of the levels let alone beat the bosses.

God that looks terrible. So generic and dark and gritty and............DmC-esque. Damn you Capcom and your crappy reboots, I'm glad this one got canceled. 

Much worse than DmC, Megaman doesn't even look like a protaganist. He looks like a generic enemy.

I wouldn't have minded it so much if it actually looked blue and if he actually had a face. I wouldn't mind a slightly more realistic looking Megaman for a title as long as it ACTUALLY looked like Megaman. And the gameplay and story were good. But don't change Megaman to look completely different.

Bomberman: Act Zero is an example of this, too; Bomberman doesn't look anything like Bomberman. Also, the gameplay has to be good, too, of course, hence Sonic '06. In the case of Sonic, though, I think Sonic looks as realistic as he can be in SA2; didn't need to make him look taller in Sonic '06. Making the incredibly cartoony humans for Unleashed was a horrible step in the wrong direction after Sonic '06, again humans were fine in SA/SA2.

...Megaman's pretty much been dead of late, hasn't he? Too be honest, though, I don't think I was ever into Megaman because of the games. I think I was more into Megaman because I watched the anime as a kid. Which really pales in comparison to actually playing the games; the first Megaman game I actively played was X, which I failed repeatedly.

I had a chance to play X2 and X3 later, but never got anywhere. It wasn't until X: Command Mission and Network Transmission where I really played more Megaman, neither of which are very traditional titles (though I love Command Mission).

Once I got into playing the originals I could never get anywhere in them. At least in Megaman X I could beat a few bosses. In the originals I could barely get to the end of the levels let alone beat the bosses.

Wow, its weird but I also kind of got into megaman after playing x7 and then after that network transmission kind of got me into BN but I think the trick to beating the classic games is to just memorize a lot of the enemy patterns and get boss weakness's down cause when I was a kid I was only ever able to beat the intro level to the x games though I could somehow get through the classics.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys.

Mega Man. Classic Mega Man.

Special Weapons.

Yellow Devil.

Wily Castle.

ALL IN SSB4 OH MY FUCKING GOD BEST GAME EVER GO HOME HAVE A FUCKIN' GOOD TIME!

Edited by Spin Attaxx
  • Thumbs Up 1

Megaman in Smash..........maybe he'll get popular enough that Capcom makes him a new goddamn game?

Nintendo saved Bayonetta and now they're gonna save Mega Man.

Will they save Gordon Freeman too??

About time Capcom stopped bullshitting around the franchise...

I have no qualms with the idea of Mega Man being a Nintendo centric franchise, I believe he would fit right at home.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have no qualms with the idea of Mega Man being a Nintendo centric franchise, I believe he would fit right at home.

especially considering he got his start on Nintendo in the first place. Plus I believe Nintendo would treat him a lot better that capcom has been treating him lately.

Were it not for Capcom's treatment of the franchise, I would have definitely have said no to him being a Nintendo exclusive. At this point, Nintendo would definitely do him better than Capcom.

I've been hoping for a while now that Nintendo would purchase the rights to Mega Man; Maybe then we would finally get an X9.

As for a reboot, I wouldn't count on that. People still like the classic series, and there is a strong/large group of fans all hoping for Legends 3, BN7, and X9. I think one of those would come before a reboot would be considered. I do have to admit though, I am surprised Capcom didn't ruin the character to that point yet.

With the appearance of Megaman in SSB4 I also really want to believe that Nintendo might release a Megaman game for 3DS or Wii U. Poor Megaman needs some lovin, and Capcom are bastards for treating him like crap since Keiji Inafune left.

I don't give a flying fuck about smash but that megaman design and concept is making me angry at Capcom again.

give us a platformer in that style you fucks

Well, myy thought proably be better put as a remastered versions of somoe of the classic games in the 3D style of the one from Brawl, but reboot wouldnt be the right way to put it

Well, myy thought proably be better put as a remastered versions of somoe of the classic games in the 3D style of the one from Brawl, but reboot wouldnt be the right way to put it

That's what i'd do.

I love 8-bit and all, but I want something more on the lines of Mega Man & Bass, or the Power Up games that we see all of the background detail and stuff. 

And this incarnation of Mega Man is the cutest/and most detailed version I've seen so shoot, I hope whenever Capcom get's their crap together (or better yet, turn over Mega Man to Nintendo) we can get a game in the style we see in Smash 4.

Shoot, I'm trying to picture Roll, Protoman, Bass, Duo, and other Robot Masters in Smash style too.

Hmmm well I am a bit of a modeler, if you can get me a good ref I could try Protoman(I actualy rather like his design) or Bass, but dont expect anything super amazing (though umm, might be smart to do this in a PM though, but I can do a public reveal. also we should try to do a sprite/model comparison for Megaman as a baseline first)

Edited by Mandobardanjusik