Awoo.

Mega Man

Cortez

Hmmm so I just had a crazy thought, what if around the time of SSB4 release Capcom releases an ultimate Megaman collection for the Wii-U including all the games from the original, X, and Legends series along with some bonus unlockables, and a counterpart for the 3DS with the portable titles, now that would be quite interesting

All that would happen is more classic style platformers if Nintendo bought it.

Look out for New Classic Mega Man coming to 3DS

All that would happen is more classic style platformers if Nintendo bought it.

Look out for New Classic Mega Man coming to 3DS

I'd gladly take that over, y'know. Nothing.

Capcom said to expect a lot of Mega Man-related re-releases on the Wii-U VC so it's not a stretch to think that the Blue Bomber's inclusion in Smash will cause a resurgence in popularity akin to Kid Icarus or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

It would be cool if those re-releases included the Legends games; Legends 1 was the only game in the series to land on Nintendo platforms (as Tron Born spin-off and Legends 2 only came to the PS1)

I do hope the Zero and ZX games come to the Wii U with HD sprites; those games were great :)

• 3 weeks later...

So far I've played MM8-10, X series, Zero Collection, Legends 1-2, and both ZX... I don't like Battle Network and Star Force... :(

The only Mega Man game I've played recently was finally picking up Powered Up for the PSP.

Frankly more of that on the 3DS would be fine by me.

Edited by JezMM

I was playing Mega Man 1 yesterday, trying to find a classic game I'd like.

For the most part, dickery was at a minimum. There was almost never a moment where it felt like I was getting cheated.

270px-Yellowdevil.jpg

And then I got to the infamous Yellow Devil.

He is so much fucking harder than he looks when you're playing on Classic physics. And not like genuine hard, it's dickish hard. You are not a wimp for using the pause glitch on this boss.

I have never really played a mega man game in my life, I think I tired 1 once... That's it, been looking at playing then to be honest, any recommendations in where to start?

I have never really played a mega man game in my life, I think I tired 1 once... That's it, been looking at playing then to be honest, any recommendations in where to start?

Mega Man 2 is the most well-recieved game, it was enough to get me into it anyway.  It has a pretty reasonable difficulty level on normal mode too - old skool hard without being Nintendo hard.

Mega Man X1 is the easiest game in the whole Mega Man series. But if you get used to X's physics, good luck trying to go back to the Classic games.

Mega Man 2 definitely isn't the hot shit people make it out to be. I'd try out 10 just to see what you think of the gameplay.

Mega Man 6 is probably the easiest of the classic series, if you want to start at the bottom and work your way up. I might even call it easier than X1, though I haven't played either in a while.

Edited by Octarine

The only problem with starting at 10 is on normal mode it is really hard and on Easy it's a total cakewalk.  That, and all the enhanced features like the crisp graphics and quick-weapon switch may very well be missed when going back to older games.

I was considering grabbing Megaman 1 and X1 on the Wiiu eshop, but part of me wants to wait out for a sale or collection, though... I kinda doubt it will happen

Course the games are good of course, right

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

I was considering grabbing Megaman 1 and X1 on the Wiiu eshop, but part of me wants to wait out for a sale or collection, though... I kinda doubt it will happen

Course the games are good of course, right

I you have a PS2 or wii (that has reverse compatability) just get the megaman anniversary collection and the megaman x collection, you could probably get both waayy cheaper than how much they would inevitably cost on virtual console.

I you have a PS2 or wii (that has reverse compatability) just get the megaman anniversary collection and the megaman x collection, you could probably get both waayy cheaper than how much they would inevitably cost on virtual console.

well I got both, but wasnt planning to bring either to college(GC and PS2 I mean) and the off screen play is useful, then again with Megaman showing up in SSB4, a new collection or special release is somewhat likely. guess I'llk just wait and see then

I do hope with Mega Man in Smash, Capcom will make some exclusive titles for it, but being this is Capcom I'm talking about, it be just wishful thinking.

I always had thoughts of a 3D title with a combat system similar to Kid Icarus Uprising.

I do hope with Mega Man in Smash, Capcom will make some exclusive titles for it, but being this is Capcom I'm talking about, it be just wishful thinking.

I always had thoughts of a 3D title with a combat system similar to Kid Icarus Uprising.

This, the KI:U gameplay would be great for a megaman game, all it needs is a jump button.

Always thought another megaman game would be cool, specialy ona  nintendo system, though.... havent really played any of em. Have decided to go ahead and get MM1 and X1 on my wii-u though, as its aroun 14 bucks, has off screen play, and it will actualy be with me this fall which makes it a bit more useful than tracking down the collections

Its also still cheaper than buying it new back in the day or tracking down original copies XD

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

Say Best buy still carries some psp games right? maybe I can pickup Megaman powered up, and maveric hunters X, I got a road trip or two coming up and a new game or two for my psp wouldnt be bad(I still have a ds, but its pretty worn down, so unless I get a 3DS I will proably get a game or two for my PSP instead

Say Best buy still carries some psp games right? maybe I can pickup Megaman powered up, and maveric hunters X, I got a road trip or two coming up and a new game or two for my psp wouldnt be bad(I still have a ds, but its pretty worn down, so unless I get a 3DS I will proably get a game or two for my PSP instead

I would say get those, they are both great remakes of their originals and both have some pretty cool features that I think capcom could benefit from sticking with. Megaman powered up has a level creator and lets you play as the robot masters while maverick hunter x has a movie film that pretty much lets you see the events that led up to megaman x and the game also lets you play as vile.

Maverick Hunter X is basically just Mega Man X: Shitty remixes and laughable difficulty edition. I wouldn't bother unless you're torrenting it.

Maverick Hunter X is basically just Mega Man X: Shitty remixes and laughable difficulty edition. I wouldn't bother unless you're torrenting it.

Bad remixes?

I don't think so. 

Dude, I had trouble finding Maverick Hunter X a few years ago, when Sony was still doing PSP variants and not phasing it out for a new device.  Finding MHX or Powered Up can only have gotten harder since then.  Not saying you shouldn't try, though.

It has it's moments.

People will tell you to get it just to be able to play as Vile. Honestly? Vile plays like shit, and his weapons are mainly a joke. His level design is also completely fucking counter-productive when paired with his gameplay. The opening stage is a real shitbitch to play, and it just gets worse.

Also, MAverick Hunter X can be downloaded from PSN for like $9.99

Edited by Lightning Mareon (Solkia)