Awoo.

Mega Man

Cortez

"We are pleased to announce the cancellation of Megaman's appearance in Smash Bros"

The reaction to something like that probably would be so hysterical I couldn't even go mad.

EDIT: And I gotta say, Capcom West is really cool with the fans of the Blue Bomber.

Edited by Duck Avenger
  • Thumbs Up 2

Heh, so was in town yesterday picking up my wii mote pro controller and decided to pop by game stop and so I picked up a copy of maveric hunter x9they didnt have powered up) since they had it and I have a road trip in two weeks

The reaction to something like that probably would be so hysterical I couldn't even go mad.

EDIT: And I gotta say, Capcom West is really cool with the fans of the Blue Bomber.

They're awesome period. They try really hard to make fans of multiple CAPCOM franchises happy. Edited by PSI Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 5

• 2 months later...

You know, people keep making out Capcom to be some sort of evil villain by ignoring Megaman. I disagree entirely as they just pulled out a new Megaman game. People saying Megaman is dead have no idea what they're talking about. This is going to give Inafune a run for his money.

1240547_694945713867663_2093866298_n.jpg

AHHH YEAH. Kickstarter MEGAMAN!!!

the board game

YAY MEGAMAN IS SAVED unsure.png

• Thumbs Up 6

At least somebody remembers we have a Mega Man General topic.

So yeah, bad idea, bad timing. this doesn't bod well for megaman's rep.

It's like their policy on Mega Man is to make anything but actual Mega Man games.

EDIT:  That wasn't there when I wrote this, I swear.

Edited by G-Force

Well, from a certain point of view, this is a new Mega Man game, of sorts. Serves us right for not being quite specific enough with our demands, I guess...

rolleyes.gif

abismal1.jpg
Fanbase: Hey CAPCOM! We wish for a new Mega Man game!

alads12.jpg
CAPCOM: One new Mega Man game, coming up

1240547_694945713867663_2093866298_n.jpg

abismal2.jpg
Fanbase: Wha...?

Jafar-and-Abis-Mal-the-return-of-jafar-3
CAPCOM: Do I hear a SECOND wish?

Mostly copypasta'd from

this post. Thanks shihe of Sega Forums! XD

• Thumbs Up 7

Guys. It's a piece of merchandise. It's not trying to compete with Mighty No. 9. It was at Gencon in August, and its Facebook page was made back in July.

It's not intended to be a substitute for a game. It is irrelevant to how many or how few Mega Man games have been made or cancelled. It does not affect the existence of any other potential games. They're promoting the brand, and people should be happy for that, if anything.

Stop looking for excuses to shit on Capcom.

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 9

iyrRGbQ0oeVQO.gif

For real? For Real!

Why does it seem like Capcom is good at finding new ways to stoop even lower?

The whole board game issue has been known about since July.

I'm not a huge fan of them ATM, but we can't just look for excuses to shit on them.

Guys. It's a piece of merchandise. It's not trying to compete with Mighty No. 9. It was at Gencon in August, and its Facebook page was made back in July.

It's not intended to be a substitute for a game. It is irrelevant to how many or how few Mega Man games have been made or cancelled. It does not affect the existence of any other potential games. They're promoting the brand, and people should be happy for that, if anything.

Also, it's not a Japanese product so I don't think this was CoJ's decision.

Bringing this over for the new page - THIS ALREADY EXISTED.

Guys, let us remind ourselves which branch has the power to make Mega Man video games but doesn't give a shit, and which branch doesn't have the power to develop Mega Man games but do all they possibly can to try to keep the brand alive, like licensing a fan game so that we at least had something decent for the 25th, giving Archie Comics the right to make a comic series revolving around the Blue Bomber (not to mention proposing a certain crossover with a certain other blue dude), advertising fan projects like two upcoming anniversary albums, and so on.

I mean sure, their timing plain sucks at the moment with the Kickstarter proposal, I get that, but come on, give it a rest. Capcom of Japan have surely stopped caring for Mega Man, but that doesn't mean Capcom of America did.

Besides, I seriously doubt CoJ would even give the mere idea of a board game the light of day would it be in their hands.

EDIT: Freakin' ninjas, yo

• Thumbs Up 3

Bringing this over for the new page - THIS ALREADY EXISTED.

Guys, let us remind ourselves which branch has the power to make Mega Man video games but doesn't give a shit, and which branch doesn't have the power to develop Mega Man games but do all they possibly can to try to keep the brand alive, like licensing a fan game so that we at least had something decent for the 25th, giving Archie Comics the right to make a comic series revolving around the Blue Bomber (not to mention proposing a certain crossover with a certain other blue dude), advertising fan projects like two upcoming anniversary albums, and so on.

I mean sure, their timing plain sucks at the moment with the Kickstarter proposal, I get that, but come on, give it a rest. Capcom of Japan have surely stopped caring for Mega Man, but that doesn't mean Capcom of America did.

Besides, I seriously doubt CoJ would even give the mere idea of a board game the light of day would it be in their hands.

Jekyll and Hyde of the gaming industry are Capcom.

• Thumbs Up 2

You know, people keep making out Capcom to be some sort of evil villain by ignoring Megaman. I disagree entirely as they just pulled out a new Megaman game. People saying Megaman is dead have no idea what they're talking about. This is going to give Inafune a run for his money. 1240547_694945713867663_2093866298_n.jpg AHHH YEAH. Kickstarter MEGAMAN!!! the board game YAY MEGAMAN IS SAVED :unsure:
By board game you mean you a sequel to wily and right's rockboard that's paradice right? Right?

It's PENDING Capcom's approval, it's not a Capcom thing yet, you know.

So stop blaming Capcom immediately.

That kind of just makes it all the more sad.

• Thumbs Up 8