Awoo.

Mega Man

Cortez

X7 as you truly imagined it.

You know what, it would probably be a better Mega Man game than X7 so im not complaining.

They give us this, a fully functional Mega Man X with buster shots and everything in DR3, and not a new Mega Man game...............sigh. At least we have Mighty No 9 now. 

Edited by Chaos Warp

Well, it could've been worse: at least X wasn't one of the zombies to shoot down.

or better this

street-fighter-x-tekken-bad-box-art-mega

on second thought i wouldnt mind shooting him down as a zombie

or better this

street-fighter-x-tekken-bad-box-art-mega

on second thought i wouldnt mind shooting him down as a zombie

That design was actually suggested by Inafune himself before he left Capcom and the team designing Street Fighter x Tekken honoured his requests by continuing the inclusion of the character even though the game launched long after his departure.

Hell, BBA-Mega Man was even supposed to be included in Inafune's own Mega Man Universe.

• Thumbs Up 3

That design was actually suggested by Inafune himself before he left Capcom and the team designing Street Fighter x Tekken honoured his requests by continuing the inclusion of the character even though the game launched long after his departure.

Hell, BBA-Mega Man was even supposed to be included in Inafune's own Mega Man Universe.

yeah can you please give me a link to where he said that ive been trying to tell my friend that for months but he doesnt believe me

I wish Nintendo or some other company would buy the rights to Mega Man once Capcom burns to the ground. If that happens, I still want the badass Archie series to continue. Hell, if Capcom wanted fan ideas, I have a few ideas;

1. Make a Classic series finale

2. Make Mega Man Unlimited canon

3. Make a Zero anime

4. Give the X series a proper ending

5. Legends 3...

6. Give Battle Network and Star Force more credit.

7. Mega Man ZX 3DS?

See, I just came up with ideas for a new Mega Man game. 6 may not be an idea for a new game, but I'm sick of Battle Network and Star Force be neglected. 3 also isn't a new game idea, but a Zero anime with the unique style of the Zero series would rule!

I don't see why it's bad for people to be annoyed by the constant news of half-assed nods.

In fact I don't see why this couldn't go in the Dead Rising 3 thread, all that posting it here is going to do is rile up Mega Man fans.

• Thumbs Up 3

What are you playing, the GBA or DS versions?

DS, but not the easy mode. I'm playing the games the way they were intended. So far, Zero 3 is a cakewalk.

I don't see why it's bad for people to be annoyed by the constant news of half-assed nods.

In fact I don't see why this couldn't go in the Dead Rising 3 thread, all that posting it here is going to do is rile up Mega Man fans.

I'm actually happy about the Light Armor X being there. It does show them at they at least know that we fans exist. Never mind the fact they won't make a game, not to mention the financial state that they're in, I would suggest a few mini projects from them.

yeah can you please give me a link to where he said that ive been trying to tell my friend that for months but he doesnt believe me

http://evo.shoryuken.com/2012/01/27/yoshinori-ono-explains-why-bad-box-art-mega-man-was-chosen-for-street-fighter-x-tekken/

https://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/162749333849120768

Because it's nothing but a pissing contest every time one of Capcom's media outlets makes any reference to Mega Man, even if it's a nice inclusion in an unrelated game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nice inclusions are only nice the first 3 times.

If all they're going to do with the IP is shit out fanservice, the IP is better off being sold. For money. Something Capcom could use right now.

• Thumbs Up 5

http://evo.shoryuken.com/2012/01/27/yoshinori-ono-explains-why-bad-box-art-mega-man-was-chosen-for-street-fighter-x-tekken/

https://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/162749333849120768

Because it's nothing but a pissing contest every time one of Capcom's media outlets makes any reference to Mega Man, even if it's a nice inclusion in an unrelated game.

Call me crazy, but I kinda see these references as a tease. They know Mega Man fans exist, but since they're more interested in Resident Evil or whatever they're working on, and when they put these references, this kinda causes some of us to be annoyed that they could have cameos, but no real game. Instead, we get cancelled games and junk like X Over. Thanks, Capcom. I'll await the day you go under.

atleast i have this to look forward too

megaman34var-x-raw-art-1jpg-883dfd_948w.

theres a zero variant they showed at comic con but we wont see it till December 

Edited by Dejimon11
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nice inclusions are only nice the first 3 times.

If all they're going to do with the IP is shit out fanservice, the IP is better off being sold. For money. Something Capcom could use right now.

Call me crazy, but I kinda see these references as a tease. They know Mega Man fans exist, but since they're more interested in Resident Evil or whatever they're working on, and when they put these references, this kinda causes some of us to be annoyed that they could have cameos, but no real game. Instead, we get cancelled games and junk like X Over. Thanks, Capcom. I'll await the day you go under.

Alternatively we could have studios like Rare or Nintendo, who frequently (or permanently) shelve franchises and mascots for years at a time without any sort of reference as to their existence or acknowledgement. Whereas with Capcom, we have them constantly developing new merchandise and cameos for the series, at least as a reminder for the fans, that they haven't completely forgotten about him.

Arguing this point is futile though. It could go on forever, but the end result would still be 'Capcom is evil, Mega Man is dead"; the argument is about as interesting as arguing about Bobby Kotick and his influence on Activision-Blizzard.

Now on a more serious note: who would you guys want to buy the rights to the franchise? If you say Nintendo, you're being hopeful but not realistic.

• Thumbs Up 2

Capcom isn't making a Mega Man game because they're afraid to devote resources to it right now. Historically, he hasn't had huge sales in their home nation like their other brands have, so why bother right now? They're hurting for money so they've tightened their variety of games.

Erm.. wasn't Megaman noted in Capcom's latest financial briefing as the second highest selling franchise?

Well, Comcast would be the ideal one but I doubt they could pay for it.

Hell Capcom would probably ask so much for it that no one would buy it.

Edited by Solkia

Alternatively we could have studios like Rare or Nintendo, who frequently (or permanently) shelve franchises and mascots for years at a time without any sort of reference as to their existence or acknowledgement. Whereas with Capcom, we have them constantly developing new merchandise and cameos for the series, at least as a reminder for the fans, that they haven't completely forgotten about him.

Arguing this point is futile though. It could go on forever, but the end result would still be 'Capcom is evil, Mega Man is dead"; the argument is about as interesting as arguing about Bobby Kotick and his influence on Activision-Blizzard.

Now on a more serious note: who would you guys want to buy the rights to the franchise? If you say Nintendo, you're being hopeful but not realistic.

You're right. We are being hopeful. And you are right about the merchandise. Hell, I have a few figures and a Mega Man plush myself. To my knowledge, I don't know any other studio who could potentially do the franchise justice. This is a huge stretching point, and not realistic at all, but it would be nice if Comcept (or Neo Capcom, as I call it), had Mega Man's rights if Capcom goes down. We could potentially have a Mega Man X Mighty No 9. That's stretching it, but hey, a boy can dream, right?

Erm.. wasn't Megaman noted in Capcom's latest financial briefing as the second highest selling franchise?

Most likely, but look at how many games they've likely included into that. It might have costed them double or triple the cost of another franchise (assuming from the date that Mega Man 1 launched on NES) to develop all of those games combined for those profits, whereas Resident Evil or Street Fighter might cost a lot less but have a much higher rate of return on the investment.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty god damn sick of the people complaining about Capcom making nods to Mega Man. It's the same tired dance; people look for any fucking reason to demonize Capcom when the reality is that just about every one of these references are done in good nature and a gesture for the fanbase. Would you actually prefer it if Capcom just never acknowledged Mega Man? If so, then you're being completely unreasonable because that makes no damn sense, and like Chris said, the alternative would be like Rareware who nobody in the entire industry even gives an iota of respect.

I hate the Mega Man fanbase (or at least those who complain every single time the company makes a reference to the character) more than Capcom at this point.

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm pretty god damn sick of the people complaining about Capcom making nods to Mega Man. It's the same tired dance; people look for any fucking reason to demonize Capcom when the reality is that just about every one of these references are done in good nature and a gesture for the fanbase. Would you actually prefer it if Capcom just never acknowledged Mega Man? If so, then you're being completely unreasonable because that makes no damn sense, and like Chris said, the alternative would be like Rareware who doesn't acknowledge their IPs whatsoever.

Or Nintendo with F-Zero and Star Fox.

What have we gotten from this franchise so far since Xover that's even worth mentioning? Smash 4? I'm sure Capcom will take good care of the money that gets milked from that deal.

It's not a nod, it's a fuucking marketing ploy like making Dinosaur Planet a Starfox title was.

money money money. that is all I am seeing from this shit.