Awoo.

Mega Man

Cortez

Man, I wish the mega/gigamix series could be an anime at this point, I really loved the heck out of it and it made me appreciate classic megaman a whole lot more than I did from just playing the games.

I actually just got done reading it not too long ago and I love it. A friend was telling me that they mention the series in the Archie Comics but I'm not sure how true that is.

It's not really acknowledged at all in Archie.

Closest you get to a nod of the mangas was maybe that one part in the Sonic crossover where Tango wrapped around Blue's leg since they were close friends in the latter Gigamix volumes.

It's not really acknowledged at all in Archie.

Closest you get to a nod of the mangas was maybe that one part in the Sonic crossover where Tango wrapped around Blue's leg since they were close friends in the latter Gigamix volumes.

My friend just said they mentioned the Stardroids or whoever they were but he never read the Gigamix series so maybe he was mistaken. I haven't been keeping up with the Archie Megaman comics despite my promise to do so lol.

My friend just said they mentioned the Stardroids or whoever they were but he never read the Gigamix series so maybe he was mistaken. I haven't been keeping up with the Archie Megaman comics despite my promise to do so lol.

Actualy, ya the stardroids just showed up at the end of the ra moon arc, but when they will actualy strike is unknown

21.jpg

I assume this is who you meant? didnt know their background, but looked menacing enough to me

Actualy, ya the stardroids just showed up at the end of the ra moon arc, but when they will actualy strike is unknown

21.jpg

I assume this is who you meant? didnt know their background, but looked menacing enough to me

Doesn't really look like any of the Stardroids but who knows at this point. I kinda hope they touch the Megamix and Gigamix a bit

It's supposed to be Sunstar. Who, while may not technically be a Stardroid, he's still connected them and is pretty much their 'big bad' when Terra's down and out at least.

I figure they'll make their move in the comic sometime after the MM3 arc.

If we apply game continuity to this, then logically they should come after IV (since Ballade and the other MMKs (and Quint) are fought in the Wily Star) but before 7 (since Wily based Slash Man on Pluto).

• 1 month later...

Somewhat relevant so I figured I would post this here: http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2014/03/15/now-taking-pre-orders-for-incredibly-cool-megajacket#comments

Pre-orders for a megaman jacket are being taken at the capcom-unity store, reason why I post this here is because in order for the jacket to actually be buyable, they need at least 200 men pre-orders of the jacket and 100 women so if you want a jacket, don't put it off for too long since the offer ends by the 31st.

• 4 weeks later...

3DS or iOS re-release. That'll be it.

Quite a shame at that too.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys wanna win some mega man stuff? All you have to do is draw something mega man X related by July 1st and your good

Grand prize is

Mega man trades 1-6

The dawn of X crossover

Artwork featured in mega man #40

A mega man/ mega man X statue

http://www.destructoid.com/capcom-unity-launches-dawn-of-x-fan-art-contest-273726.phtml

While there's definitely people out there that think Mega Man has been neglected, Clement has come along and made a video about 'Mega Man and Gamer Entitlement', going through a fair lengthy explanation as to why Mega Man hasn't been forgotten about by Capcom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBFNdMoA6ck

Thought you might want this one because it's fair relevant at the moment.

• Thumbs Up 5

1000% missing the point, but whatever.

I don't want another Mega Man game anymore, I just want them to stop milking him with half-assed merchandise.

I may shit on Nintendo for how they treat my favorite franchises, but at least I'm not seeing StarFox oven mitts and F-Zero cookie cutters every 3 fucking months to remind me where the franchise stands.

• Thumbs Up 7

Wait what do you mean? Most of the merchandise so far has been looking pretty good and yeah while we haven't been getting any new games lately it would be worse if we just got nothing megaman related at all. Sides it seems like Capcom (or Nintendo, don't know which) is trying to make megaman more relevant with this mega may thing and hey, even though I don't like to use it as an example, megaman being in SSB4 might spark a new game (like with pit and kid Icarus uprising) if fan demand is big enough.

After being burned by Capcom so many times for wanting a Mega Man game, I just... want it them stop... I just don't want a Mega Man game to ever made by these fucking fools again, otherwise we'll get another shitty ass IOS game made on the cheap.

I don't want another Mega Man game anymore, I just want them to stop milking him with half-assed merchandise.

I want another Mega Man game. So do a lot of people.

I feel pretty sore over this franchise too. But I'm not so bitter that I'd rather see Capcom not use their license in any capacity. Are they milking it? Yeah, to an extent, but they've been milking it since Mega Man 6ish. I don't think you'd be so bothered by the sight of merchandise unless you really do secretly deep down want another game. 

You do. Admit it.

I won't tell anyone

Apropo of nothing, Capcom higher ups decided a while back that no one in the west was interested in Megaman.  I think this was around the same time that they decided horror games can't sell, so they did whatever it is that Resident Evil 6 is.  

Now they've so thoroughly lost touch with their fanbases that I can't imagine buying a capcom game, not out of any kind of internet tough guy boycott sort of thing, but they simply don't seem to have any idea what to do with any of their franchises.  Even their fighting games haven't really been all there, with Street Fighter's arbitrarily tight link timing and MvC 3's "poke and then do a max damage combo" meta (And don't get me started on Street Fighter X Tekken).

Oh wow, and I just realized they actually published that Steel Battalion game.  I wanna say From did about the best that could be expected considering the limitations of the first Kinect, but man, how did that even make it past cert?  Why would Microsoft give a pass to that giant nail in the coffin?  

I want another Mega Man game. So do a lot of people.

I know this. But it wouldn't be half as annoying if Capcom didn't keeping using him as a merchandizing whore.

And yeah, admittedly I would like anther Mega Man game. And I'm getting it, it's called Mighty No.9.

But it's not my top priority for games I want anymore. Capcom has proven they aren't going to use the IP, and I'm done punching myself in the dick over this. I just really do not like Clement's bullshit "I'm better than you" attitude he's had since he started that goddamn channel.

• Thumbs Up 2

I know this. But it wouldn't be half as annoying if Capcom didn't keeping using him as a merchandizing whore.

What makes him a merchandising whore though? Is he really pimped out more than any other well-known franchise? At what point does it become whoring? Is it really such a bad thing to try and make a buck off of the IP while giving the fans something as opposed to nothing? And would you even be saying this if they were still making Mega Man games? Because this all seems like misdirected frustration.

And yeah, admittedly I would like anther Mega Man game. And I'm getting it, it's called Mighty No.9.

You know what I mean. :V

But it's not my top priority for games I want anymore. Capcom has proven they aren't going to use the IP, and I'm done punching myself in the dick over this. I just really do not like Clement's bullshit "I'm better than you" attitude he's had since he started that goddamn channel.

I should clarify that what I said isn't related to the video, nor have I watched it. I just don't understand the attitude. You're not the first person I've seen say something like this.

People get offended at the sight of anything Mega Man-related that isn't a new game. Even footage of him in the new Smash Bros, something totally awesome, is used as a reason for them to start drawing comparisons and shitting all over Capcom when it's highly irrelevant. And now the apparent best solution is for them to quietly pretend they don't own the franchise anymore because people are so irrationally sickened over them selling 25th anniversary statues and shit. People buy them. People enjoy them, too, because they like Mega Man. Capcom not having released a game since 2010 doesn't change that. Should the comic stop, too?

They will continue to release this stuff and they have every right and reason to. Frustrating yourself with it is pointless.

No, I wouldn't be saying this if they were making Mega Man games, because then they'd actually be using a video game franchise as a video game franchise.

Merchandizing is great and all but for a video game series that's dead it just serves as a reminder that you'll never see another game for it.

And for the record I personally love Mega Man being in Smash 4. Since it's, y'know, a game :U

I know I shouldn't be speaking for everyone, but hearing about how awful the fanbase is getting as annoying as said fanbase. We fucking get it, we're all pissbabies.

Anyways I wouldn't have bothered responding if it wasn't for the fact that it was Clement that made the video. He has a severe case of unwarranted self-importance that gets really obnoxious sometimes.

At this point now I do just wish Capcom would give up the franchise to another company that would make the decisions to do something with this franchise thats worthwhile, at this point all Megaman serves to live for is to sell T-shirts and model kits...oh and the occasional cameo in other peoples games.

Mind you if that kind of shakeup happened I'd worry about the fate of the comic, seeing as outside of the games thats the only worthwhile thing going for Megaman right now. so it would have to a company that would be okay with letting Megaman have its standing comic contract and would be just as flexible, thats why I don't want Nintendo to have the franchise due to their No Comic policy and I wouldn't mind if SEGA got it but I'd worry if they would mandate the fuck out it like they do with Sonic.

"Gamer entitlement" videos are the most annoying and pretentious fucking things. I like Clement, but I couldn't be arsed to watch the whole video.

• Thumbs Up 4

To be fair, the mega man fanbase can be pretty entitled sometimes, I have seen plenty of times where they really will go out on a limb to call out capcom no matter what the context, on how they haven't made a new megaman game or saying they shouldn't use anything megaman related if their not making games right now, its not so much an opinion but pretty much truth at this point and it really does get irritating now and again (especially when capcom actually does do something legitimately good). I'm not saying that capcom has been running their business too well myself but I can't really blame them for taking so long with a new megaman since inafune left (and as you guys know he was the director of the megaman series) and like clement said, we had a whole bunch of megaman games during our 25 year run. Maybe capcom's just gave the guy a little bit of breather before making anything serious with him again.

1000% missing the point, but whatever.

I may shit on Nintendo for how they treat my favorite franchises, but at least I'm not seeing StarFox oven mitts and F-Zero cookie cutters every 3 fucking months to remind me where the franchise stands.

If you don't want it, simply don't buy it. I'm sure there are enough people who do want it. But to actually be bothered by it is just bizarre and the reasoning that it reminds you of where there series currently stands is childish.

• Thumbs Up 3