Awoo.

Mega Man

Cortez

it does bookend the story, which I like. wars will repeat and mankind and robotkind will mix to such a point eventually it'll all get wiped out, except they'll survive in the moon- until the last human decides the inferior humans they've created are much more worthy of living and actually being humans

and then you think it all started with light and mega man

I like it

@DBZ- sure, but you're missing the point

they've officially said it's part of the canon

much how they've officially said battle network is a different canon

Option D) Remake or remaster Mega Man Legends - We're essentially talking about a new product here. Basically, Capcom remakes Mega Man Legends from the ground up for the current generation of consoles. Property infringements are naturally removed in the process, and Capcom enhances the game in other areas wherever they see fit. This is an option that many fans would like to see, certainly. However, Legends has historically under-performed. The question Capcom has to ask themselves, is a straight up remake financially viable?

I like how they present this as an option that could plausibly happen, when Capcom wouldn't even sell a Legends 3 demo that was already finished.

Well they had to present ALL options to the table and that technically is an option, though a far from 5% chance in hell option.

• 3 weeks later...

Wait, an actual new Mega Man cartoon?!

If this is actually happening, I hope it's based on the classic series, and is more faithful to its style than the Ruby-Spears series.

• Thumbs Up 1

uaD6Ms1.png

OFFICIALLY HAPPENING

Anyway, this probably confirms that we're getting a tie in game, right? Finally, a console Mega Man game in the next two years.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sounds to me like Capcom is trying to keep Mega Man alive in other venues such as TV, comics, and Smash Bros. If they had trouble getting SFV funded, then they probably can't afford to develop another video game right now.

Unless they go 8-bit again to save money or they'll make a deal with another company to fund them a mega man game kinda like they did with Street Fighter 5

Sounds to me like Capcom is trying to keep Mega Man alive in other venues such as TV, comics, and Smash Bros. If they had trouble getting SFV funded, then they probably can't afford to develop another video game right now.

I could see it happening with Nintendo backing(kinda surprised it hasn't happened already, with how much Nintendo's been reaching out), I mean they backed development on Bayonetta 2, W101, Hyrule Warriors, Pokken Tournament, and Devil's Third, why wouldn't they back a Megaman game, a character that is decently related with Nintendo. Especially since it would be beneficial to both side

Agreed with Mando. Mega Man has a long history with Nintendo, and I'm sure Nintendo would be willing to back Mega Man.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, I'll wait for the cartoon to actually air before I give my verdict. I hear Avengers Assemble is actually kinda meh. If they base it off the comics universe, that'll improve my confidence, though.

Huh. I heard about people talking about this on SSMB but I was skeptical. Then the news hit the official Facebook page and wow. I'm honestly surprised Capcom is doing something like this. But I'm excited! I never watched the original Mega Man animated series aside the beginning of the first episode I think? It was kinda bad and I've only heard bad things about it overall. I'm hoping this new series takes ideas and plots from the Archie Mega Man series. I just love the backstory and characterization in it and would love to see it animated.

Unless they go 8-bit again to save money or they'll make a deal with another company to fund them a mega man game kinda like they did with Street Fighter 5

If it was 8bit I'd be pretty disappointed. I mean, 2D sprites of some kind would be a fine choice and it'd make sense considering the whole money issue, but we really don't need yet another 8 bit Mega Man game. Gaah.

Anyway, fairly optimistic about this. To be honest, I'm actually more excited for a Mega Man cartoon than I would be for a new game. I like Mega Man, but I'm not really that invested in the games when it comes down to it. Of course, I say that, but I'd probably be right there on the hype train if a new game was announced and it looked good......

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd be happy to have a new Mega Man game, along as it remains true to the original games. I'd love a 2.5D platformer with the artstyle of Rayman Legends.

I hope we don't get another Pac-Man Ghostly Adventures Tie In styled game. That was crap.

• Thumbs Up 2

uaD6Ms1.png

OFFICIALLY HAPPENING

Anyway, this probably confirms that we're getting a tie in game, right? Finally, a console Mega Man game in the next two years.

Finally! More Megaman! I haven't seen Avengers Assembled yet but now I have to. Maybe I'll have a feel of how this how is like.

Also, be careful of what you wish for in terms of tie- in game.

BLUS31217.jpg

OBtKryrKBBkJTnmfMPrZBURtXWrhJ-cF.png

Be very careful.

• Thumbs Up 8

Kind of hoping it doesn't go the way of adapting each and every game like the Archie comic is doing, pleasedon'tmakemewaitforBassifhe'sinthisatall but something a little more faithful than the Ruby Spears cartoon would be a plus. I mean don't get me wrong, I've only watched a few episodes a couple years back, and while I will say it's far from terrible (I could think of worse regarding in-name adaptions only), I think we've come a long ways from not seeing something like it again. Plus, there's already been great adaptations that have been mostly exclusive to mangas or comics, so I'd greatly welcome a (hopefully) good show that could respect the MM lore while providing original material that shall compliment said lore.  

But who knows at this point. So all can say is: Neat, but more info like character designs or a teaser trailer would be nice to see as time goes on.

Yo, it better have a remix of Super Fighting Robot.

I agree. It needs to be a really badass sounding metal remix. 

Also I hope the show is good. If it's adapting the comics then I think we'd be golden. 

I'm all for a Megaman Cartoon, but hearing Man of Action's going to be involved kinda lowered my expectations...  I've heard quite a bit of criticism about them (Though mostly in the humor department) and weren't they involved in the Ultimate Spider-man cartoon?

Yeah... I think I'll wait until we get more info or at least some footage.

Yeah, so before Tara locked the other topic, I was saying that they might base this off the Classic incarnation of Megaman.

Now, I'm one that favors the more action packed X and especially the hard-as-hell Zero series, and I would love to see those animated instead. But I'm not picky honestly, so long as they don't screw up the writing. Although with Archie doing more the Classic incarnation, it makes me wonder how they could compare? Megaman has always had a more successive approach with it's alternate settings put further in the future or separative with settings completely separate from the main verse like NT Warrior, so it would be interesting to see where they go.

It would be equally great if they could pick off from the Legends series that was cancelled, but who's holding their breath for that one?