Awoo.

Mega Man

Cortez

I'm all for a Megaman Cartoon, but hearing Man of Action's going to be involved kinda lowered my expectations...  I've heard quite a bit of criticism about them (Though mostly in the humor department) and weren't they involved in the Ultimate Spider-man cartoon?

Yeah... I think I'll wait until we get more info or at least some footage.

I've also just heard from someone on another forum that most of their previous shows had protagonists that were cocky or had a tendency to make quips (kind of like Sonic). 

So there's some fear that they'll have Rock be written the same or just how he was in Ruby Spears. Which I can agree to since Rock's always been a character who's quite the opposite of that. However, I haven't seen any of their previous shows, so I can't be one to accurately judge for myself.

I'm looking forward to this! Hopefully this might get Capcom to make a new Mega Man game. But hopefully it won't be as shiity as the Ghostly adventures or Rise of Lyric.

Excited about this! With the Archie Comics, Smash Bros, and now a TV show, it seems like the Blue Bomber's slowly but surely crawling out of that pit of disuse he's been in for a while. Definitely can't wait to hear more and hopefully, it'll be a lot more faithful to the classic games than the goofy 90's show.

Also completely fine with Man of Action being on board for it. Avengers Assemble and Ultimate Spider-Man are extremely bleh, but I'd pin that more on the head of Marvel animation, Jeph Loeb, who apparently believes that superhero cartoons should never have ongoing stories and character development more complicated than a generic 80's cartoon. (Hence why most of the Avengers in Assemble learn the same lessons over and over again and have a tendency to feud over petty, juvenile crap like cookies.) Just to show how much effect that has on the overall show: Ultimate Spider-Man actually has quite a few episodes written by PAUL FREAKING DINI. Yeah. Have the wrong people up top and even the best writers can turn in substandard work.

Anyway, I've enjoyed MOA's original shows like Ben 10 and Generator Rex, so without Loeb to worry about, I'd think this would be more similar to those.

• Thumbs Up 1

Excited about this! With the Archie Comics, Smash Bros, and now a TV show, it seems like the Blue Bomber's slowly but surely crawling out of that pit of disuse he's been in for a while. Definitely can't wait to hear more and hopefully, it'll be a lot more faithful to the classic games than the goofy 90's show.

Also completely fine with Man of Action being on board for it. Avengers Assemble and Ultimate Spider-Man are extremely bleh, but I'd pin that more on the head of Marvel animation, Jeph Loeb, who apparently believes that superhero cartoons should never have ongoing stories and character development more complicated than a generic 80's cartoon. (Hence why most of the Avengers in Assemble learn the same lessons over and over again and have a tendency to feud over petty, juvenile crap like cookies.) Just to show how much effect that has on the overall show: Ultimate Spider-Man actually has quite a few episodes written by PAUL FREAKING DINI. Yeah. Have the wrong people up top and even the best writers can turn in substandard work.

Anyway, I've enjoyed MOA's original shows like Ben 10 and Generator Rex, so without Loeb to worry about, I'd think this would be more similar to those.

huh so that's why I liked that deadpool episode so much yay

but yeah i'm pretty sure man of action will be able to handle the mega-man series the only question is who's network will it show up on? seeing as how that may likely effect what happens to the show seeing as how some networks seem to be...picky to say the least.on what they will air on their channel

The TV show already interests me, even though we don't know too much about it yet. Say, if Cutman is in this show, who wants to hear him say "I'm going to make paper dolls out of you!"?

This........................is...........................................AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!! And hearing man of action is involved is kinda funny to me since I've been watching generator rex lately. Funny how I was paying more attention to mighty no 9 and then this shows up. This is just too good. Hopefully it will be pretty good and if there is a game tie in............. honestly I'm not entirely sure how you could fuck it up on the level of ghostly adventures or rise of lyric (both of which I haven't played but they look kinda meh to me anyway.)

>Man of Action

Ewwwww.  That's about the best way I think I can put it, I've not the words for a more eloquent version.  Safe to say, I don't like they're work.  

• Thumbs Up 1

This'll probably be based on classic Mega Man. Which is fine for the cartoon, but game-wise I'd prefer Battle Network getting rebooted. But with this, I assume it'll be based on classic and the show's continuity.

I'd love a remix of super fighting robot.

So I'm guessing by animated this will be 3D CGI right? i'd be incredibly rare if they did 2D animation.

I seriously hope this gets a cool remix of Super Fighting Robot and a videogame (not a crappy licensed one like Sonic Boom though >>). Wonder if it's going to be based on a particular Megaman or something entirely new?

I'm looking forward to this, but I want to keep my hype down. I love the blue bomber, but there's a voice on the back of my head whispering "stay calm, don't get excited, wait for any further information"

You know what I just remembered that the Marvel Cartoons were Jeph Loeb's fault to I won't blame man of action for that. However they did make Ben 10 ominiverse although to be fair the behind the scenes reason why the show was awful was because the writer to Alien Force/Ultimate Alien Dwayne Mcduffie passed away and the writer for omniverse didn't like him and wanted to ruin everything he established(if you watch the series the results show). But yeah I have a little more faith in this show now 

I was wondering what I'd like to see if a new 2D Classic Mega Man game ever came. I thought I'd tell you guys my ideas, as a more recent Mega Man fan who only got into the games with Mega Man 1, 2, 9, and Maverick Hunter X.

1. Brand New Modern Art style.

This is absolutely vital now. We're in a new console generation, and we're half way through 2015. We've had some fucking amazing platformers with amazing art styles, and I'm sorry to say that these 8-Bit art styles just reek of laziness. It was fine with Mega Man 9 because that was completely based around being a 8-Bit revival for old fans. But Mega Man 10 was more or less the exact same thing, and 5 years later, ''classic 8-Bit'' art styles are the norm for a lot of platformers and it's honestly feeling lazy. If a new Mega Man game were to go 8-Bit again, it'll look lazy and generic among a pool of other 8-Bit themed games.

Which is why I think a new art style that's modern would be best. By having a new art style that doesn't look so old, it might just convince new players to jump on board because the new art is so good, and it looks like a unique platformer rather than generic 8-Bit throwback. As I previously said, a style similar to Rayman Legends could work quite well for Mega Man, or maybe even a heavily improved HD style among the lines of Maverick Hunter X.

2. Same Structure: Expanded

What I mean by this is keeping the regular Mega Man structure: I.E, being able to go to various bosses at any time, boss orders etc, but expand that out massively. Have more bosses. 8 bosses? How about 16 bosses? On top of that, include unlockables and bonuses, and things to make the player want to actually explore these levels. For example, have upgradable armor like the X series has along with health and ammo upgrades, but also have a lot of extra stuff. Which brings me to my next point.

3. References and Fan Service

While it's important to get younger players and new fans who might not know who Mega Man is into the series, it's also important to give the old fans things that can make these excited and happy to be a fan of the series for so long. For example, including unlockable costumes from other Mega Man Universes such as X, Mega Man.EXE, Mega Man Zero, and even costumes for other characters like Roll could have a Roll.EXE costume for example.

There could also be a ton of hidden characters, references, and more placed in for older fans of the series. 

4. Other Playable Characters (AND NOT AS DLC CAPCOM!)

For people who missed out on it, there was a remake of the original Mega Man game on PSP named Mega Man Powered Up. It was a great game which is sadly underrated. One of the best features included was the fact that they had a ton of playable characters, including all 8 of the robot masters in the game, along with Roll, and Proto Man. This is a concept that needs to be returned, and now as fucking DLC (Looking at Mega Man 9 & 10 >.>) 

Possible Playable characters could include Mega Man, Proto Man, Bass, Roll, the Robot Masters, along with some fun ones, like maybe having Mega Man X being a separate unlockable chaarcter with his own set of powers, and abilities such as a more powerful charge shot and wall jumping.

5. Difficulty Settings

We have to keep in mind that if a new Mega Man game was to be announced, new fans would need to be interested as well as old fans. Older fans will have experience with the Mega Man difficulty of trial and error but new fans won't have this. Which is why I'd suggest having a easy, normal, hard, and very hard settings for the game. Easy being used for beginners who want to get to grips with the controls and playstyle, while the other difficulty modes ramp up the challenge considerably. 

6.Actual Story, and Actual Character Personalities

Again, another thing from Mega Man Powered Up was it gave each of the characters a personality, a story, and fun character interactions before a robot master battle started. What I want to see is this to be expanded out big time. I'd also recommend Ian Flynn for the job because as people who have read the Mega Man comics will know, he really does get these characters best. For example, Wily isn't totally evil, he isn't some evil maniac. As shown in Worlds Collide, he doesn't even want Dr. Light to be killed, really all he wants is his time to shine, and to humble Light. Wily isn't irredeemable.

7. Robot Master Museum 

The idea behind this is it would double as a recap of the Mega Man history. We'd get to see full 3D models of all the robot masters, and all the Mega Man characters, along with character bios, history etc. There would also be a game recap, and even a few playable demos from other Mega Man games, with the ability to unlock the original Mega Man and the original Mega Man X games.

8. Extras

What I mean is some really cool extras in the game. Not stupid stuff like credits but actual cool stuff. Things I'd recommend is character sketches, the G4 Icons episode of Mega Man, and maybe an issue or two of the Archie Mega Man series.

9. Additional Play modes (AGAIN, NOT DLC CAPCOM) 

This is another thing that Capcom abused heavily in Mega Man 9 & 10, cutting out game modes that quite clearly should have been in the game from the start, and selling them off as DLC. These including Hard Mode, Boss Rush, and other such things. Additional Play modes should include things like a multiplayer battle arena where 2 players can go head to head against each other as a character of their choice. Another one should be a full on boss rush mode, and more.

So yeah. There's 9 things I'd think would make a great Mega Man game.

• Thumbs Up 3

You know what I just remembered that the Marvel Cartoons were Jeph Loeb's fault to I won't blame man of action for that. However they did make Ben 10 ominiverse although to be fair the behind the scenes reason why the show was awful was because the writer to Alien Force/Ultimate Alien Dwayne Mcduffie passed away and the writer for omniverse didn't like him and wanted to ruin everything he established(if you watch the series the results show). But yeah I have a little more faith in this show now

Man of Action actually haven't had anything to do with Ben 10 recently aside from that Generator Rex crossover from a few years back. All they really had for Omniverse was a "Created By" credit like they always have just because they created the franchise. Also, I wouldn't say Derrick Wyatt (Actually Omniverse's art director, but still apparently consulted for plot ideas for some weird reason) disliked Dwayne Mcduffie personally, but was simply not a fan of how certain things were altered between the original series and Alien Force. The way he went about "correcting" some of those changes, though...was very fanboyish, disrespectful, and forced. I wouldn't say Omniverse as a whole was horrible, though. I had more fun watching it than the borefest that was the Dagon arc in Ultimate Alien. Just had some very noticeable problems towards the end. (Too many Vreedles, Kevin's ridiculous unnecessary backstory change, etc.)

• Thumbs Up 1

>Man of Action

Ewwwww. That's about the best way I think I can put it, I've not the words for a more eloquent version. Safe to say, I don't like they're work.

I'm curious as to what would happen to the Mighty No.9 show when the Mega Man show first airs.

I can see it now: Kids in a playground arguing on who is the better robot until one kid says that Mega Man and Beck share the same creators and BLOWS EVERYONE'S MIND.

That'll be hilarious to see.

• Thumbs Up 3

As long as they're not involved in the writing process we'll be fine. And does anybody think that this might air on Disney XD? A lot of Man of Actions shows have been airing on that channel recently.

I would say its likely, Disney XD is the only channel to have cartoons with a heavier action focus in the US anymore, that's where Star Wars Rebels is, Slugterra, etc.

Capcom's hired a new Mega Man producer.

According to the folks over at the Mega Man Board Game Kickstarter, Capcom now has a new producer for the Mega Man franchise. This bit of information came to light casually when talking about approved designs, a process that has delayed the tabletop game for longer than anticipated.

Across the internet, folks have been wildly speculating that this new mystery producer is working on a new game for the franchise, possibly with a reveal for E3. Now just hold on a minute! Without official confirmation, we have no idea what this production job actually entails. For all intents and purposes, this seems like merchandise-level production work.

While it's possible that Capcom will have the franchise rise again at the right time (it's still selling and franchising out tons of merch and Virtual Console re-releases, there's no way they'd abandon it), I wouldn't expect anything anytime soon. Of course, if a new game goes get announced at E3, I'll eat a cake shaped like a Metool hat.

2 years will be a long wait for the TV series, but hopefully it will be worth it. The classic and X series have so much story potential that wasn't touched upon in the games and this series should take advantage of it.

As for Megaman games, I just want something completely different. The 2D jump-and-shoot formula has gotten too repetitive for me and I want Capcom to make another game like Legends that actually changed up the formula.  

I'm curious as to what would happen to the Mighty No.9 show when the Mega Man show first airs.

I can see it now: Kids in a playground arguing on who is the better robot until one kid says that Mega Man and Beck share the same creators and BLOWS EVERYONE'S MIND.

That would be cute. Reminds me of an old show I used to argue with other kids with on the playground. Anyway at this point I don't see that series going very far anyway. I think the first game might sell decently (talking about finances not quality) and It might get a sequel but unless that sequel is like amazing or sells really well or something of the sort......... eh I don't see it. But I'm not a business man so what do I know .

• Thumbs Up 1

As long as they're not involved in the writing process we'll be fine. And does anybody think that this might air on Disney XD? A lot of Man of Actions shows have been airing on that channel recently.

The only Man of Action shows on Disney XD are the two Marvel shows, and seeing as Marvel is property of Disney it makes sense that they'd be there.

but inafune didn't create mega man

I'm torn on the announcement of the new Mega Man cartoon.

On one hand, I was never a fan of Man of Action Studios' work. Though I can say I never outright hated what I saw of it, either.

On the other hand, as long as it's not on Cartoon Network, I could see it being a hit with kids. They're the target audience of the franchise, like it or not, and I'm sure it could lead to a bright future for the games if it does well enough.

I'll at least give the show a chance when I can.

For a moment I was thinking "oh man MoA made that god awful Marvel Heroes show!?", and then I found out it was avengers assemble, and looking into it makes me think they somehow came off worse.  I unintentionally skipped from a transformation sequence in the into to the same transformation sequence in the episode proper.  And wow, this jet taking off looks like a flash game circa 2004.  Man this show is ugly.  

Oh yeah, and just to increase the amount of sadness in the world or whatever the hell I'm doing this for, this is how the Ruby Spears Mega Man show was originally meant to look:

If I were to venture a guess Capcom or Bandai or someone just hired TMS to make a Mega Man sizzle reel, it doesn't look like Ruby Spears's work at all.  

but inafune didn't create mega man

Either way, they still share a connection.