Awoo.

Mega Man

Cortez

25 minutes ago, MegasonicZX said:

Don't know why i'm surprised they got VA's for this one (with Bryce Papencock seemingly voicing Mega himself from the sounds of it)

Pretty sure it's Ben Diskin, actually.

Wily also sounds like Keith Silverstein. It's a very different voice than previous ones, but it works.

Gotta say, I’m actually really digging the voice acting. 

• Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, Dark Rider CC14 said:

Pretty sure it's Ben Diskin, actually.

Wily also sounds like Keith Silverstein. It's a very different voice than previous ones, but it works.

Wily sounds more like Quinton Flynn though.
Also as i recognized, Light is voiced by Michael Mislove , who voiced him in Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite.

It's interesting to compare the reveal-stage Robot Master silhouettes with the new key art.

On 12/5/2017 at 11:20 AM, FFWF said:

il3ZzUk.png

MegaMan11_KeyArt.png

Bobble-head man is easy to place, as is the guy with the crown of spikes around his head; and in retrospect it looks like that's neo Fire Man over on the left with the elaborate shoulders.  The fellow with the ice crystals might be in that complex shape third from right, while second from right and third from left could be either of the two spike-headed guys.  Fuse Man could therefore be fourth from right and roughly centre.

Wily does look to be Keith Silverstein.

No word on who voices Mega Man himself. My guess was Bryce Papenbrook. 

Anyway, game looks fantastic. The double gear system sounds like a refreshing change of pace. 

I KNEW that was Keith as Wily! His voice is pretty hard to miss these days.

Not a huge fan of Mega's voice, though. He went from sounding like a little girl in Mega Man 8 to sounding, like, 30. Is it really that hard to give a little boy a little boy voice?

The level design looks fantastic. I'm really really looking forward to this.

Megaman sounds like what I expected X to sound like.

That aside, this game is actually looking great! The fight with Fuse Man looks cool and everything feels like an actual sequel to 8. I'm quite happy with what I've seen so far.

Funny that no one mentioned that the release date for Mega Man 11 was leaked in the Singapore PlayStation Store before the Pre-order trailer was even released

Japan has a bigger and better special edition:

C00002394_c8306fcbd0ea4e9c8479980c6adc0447.jpg

Mega Man 11: Complete Edition

- Physical copy of the game 
- 32-page Starter Guide book 
- Cloth poster (A1 size) 
- 64-page production notes booklet 
- 30th anniversary acrylic keychain 
- Mega Man Life-up piggy bank (clear soft vinyl) 
- Special collector's box 
- Bonus postcards (e-Capcom exclusive) 
- Mega Man amiibo (Switch version ONLY)

It's $120, not including shipping and whatnot if you have to export it. There's also a $90 edition that includes everything you see above, minus the Starter Guide book, cloth poster, and amiibo.

Source: https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/310339-full-details-on-capcom-s-mega-man-11-complete-edition-package-for

• Thumbs Up 1

I love how they didn't take the cheap route and made another 8-bit game that does nothing to advance the series forward. This looks quite nice so far, although I do hope that some of the animations are polished up a bit before release.

• Fist Bump 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been on a massive megaman battle network kick as of late and i've been marathoning the crap out of MMBN 2 (next up is 4 since I can't find my copy of 3). Grievances with some of the backtracking aside, coming back to this has really made me appreciate the series more than I did before. I love how all the different end of chapter net areas are designed like mini puzzles. The combat encounters especially stand out to me since, while I noticed it before, it's something that with time has only stood out more and more and that is how the enemies are arranged in the different areas and how well the core combat loop works in this game. 

Despite having a limited portfolio of enemies in different areas, the game always keeps them interesting by having them with different environmental conditions and an enemy that works in perfect conjunction with another. The beautiful thing about this is that enemies only typically have one or two moves but the game does such a good job intermingling the different types and (depending on the floor conditions) battle spaces which can add a lot more challenge to an otherwise simple encounter. Yeah, some encounters can border on being a little cheap (looking at you double hardheads) but overall this game has some of the most beautifully designed combat scenarios in the genre considering that many devs still fumble with this today. 

Honestly, I could write a whole essay on why this game (and by extension, the ones that proceed it, sans BN4) battle system alone is amazing but to cut it short, its gold even after all this time of not playing it.

• 3 weeks later...

We've got a lot of new info on the two Robot Masters' levels, and the game's Filthy Casual Newcomer Mode:

- Fuse Man’s stage is great for using the Speed Gear in order to overcome electric barriers 
- the Power Gear blasts apart enemies hiding behind shields 
- you can switch between both Gears on the fly with the shoulder buttons 
- Newcomer Mode has Beat coming in to save Mega Man from bottomless pits 
- Beat is also available in the other modes, but Beat has unlimited uses in Newcomer Mode 
- Newcomer Mode allows Mega Man to take unlimited non-fatal hits from spikes 
- Newcomer Mode removes Mega Man’s 3-shot limit 

- as for the Double Gear system, the overheat gauge will build up slower and recover quicker in Newcomer Mode 
- Evil Eddie, who takes away helpful items, in Block Man's stage 
- Rush Coil’s gauge is a red bar next to Mega Man’s health bar 
- Mega Man using a double Charge Shot in mid-air gives him recoil

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/30/capcom-shows-off-more-of-block-man-and-fuse-mans-stages-from-mega-man-11/

And here's the aforementioned Evil Eddie:

Spoiler

EvilEddie.JPG

He'll probably sell the 1-Up back for 25 cents.

New Robot Master revealed! Say hello to Blast Man!

UVWpnLF.png

Click on his name to get a sneak preview of his stage and a few of MM11's new modes. Dude's lair is freakin' Universal Studios!

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Way Past Cool 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hot out of Comic-Con, we've got a new Robot Master: Torch Man!

(Not to be confused with the guy from that obscure DOS game)

• Thumbs Up 1

Or Fire Man's dub name in the English version of the Battle Network anime.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Hot out of Comic-Con, we've got a new Robot Master: Torch Man!

A fire Robot Master, living in a forest, seems like a smart idea, right?

• Absolutely 1

9 hours ago, TheBlueGuardian said:

A fire Robot Master, living in a forest, seems like a smart idea, right?

This guy would like to have a word with you:

latest?cb=20100825205701

• Thumbs Up 4

On 7/21/2018 at 12:45 AM, Tailikku said:

This guy would like to have a word with you:

latest?cb=20100825205701

Well both do live in forests with a difference. Torch Man taught fire safety before going rouge, Buner Man on the hand is a freakin' arsonist.

Here are the two newest Robot Masters in action:

Gotta say, these abilities look much more creative than any of the series' other 5000 "bomb" and "fire" weapons. Mega Man 11's really stepping its game up.

• Thumbs Up 1

The voice acting in Mega Man 11 sounds a lot better than Mega Man 8's voice acting, so far.

Anyone up for some voice clips?

I still think Rock "Mega" sounds a bit too old, but other than that, this is a rock-solid cast!

4 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

I still think Rock "Mega" sounds a bit too old, but other than that, this is a rock-solid cast!

Don't you mean a mega-solid cast?

I'm just glad Dr. Light sounds like himself instead of Elmer Fudd.

• Promotion 1

I still think Mega is an idiotic name. Like, you kept the names of Bass, Blues and Roll. Why did you ruin the pun with a name that still doesn't sound very good?

On a side note, I like Roll's voice, I think it really fits. Light isn't sounding too bad either. Wily sounds pretty cool too.

• Nice Smile 1

DID they keep Blues' name? IIRC, in game they always called him Proto Man or Break Man.

17 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

I'm just glad Dr. Light sounds like himself instead of Elmer Fudd.

So no more Dr. Wahwee?