Awoo.

Mega Man

Cortez

10 minutes ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

Could've sworn those pictures were already posted here...

I really like these concepts of a casual Rock. When you strip away the Mega Man part of his life, he really does seem like an ordinary boy in these concepts (albeit still being a robot). It's quite charming, actually. And I like that they still keep him in blue, as all other casual Rock outfits have been.

And also, from other pieces of the Production Notes shown, Torch Man had some interesting designs, like his head resembling a campfire in one concept. Too bad some of those cool ideas didn't make it to the final design (but they do look a bit gaudy on him, so maybe it's for the best).

Oh, were they? I didn't remember seeing them.....oh well. I just wanted to post the link to their twitter (all 64? pages are scanned, I think), so that's fine I guess.

I remember Acid Man's designs being quite hilarious. And a bit of nolstalgia for Fuse Man's thunder-ears for some reason. But of a bummer they didn't show more unused designs. I'm sure there were more.

A message from @ROCKMAN_UNITY (Mega Man’s JPN Twitter) asks of you to be careful about your usage of the Double Gear!

Featuring a dream from a certain household robot...

If there’s ever a Roll DLC, I want to see this Rollwoman design, it’s so cute~~❤️❤️❤️

There are also rumours of Mega Man 11 DLC in production, by a company named 8ing. I wonder what that will bring?

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh man that's really cut-

1 minute ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

There are also rumours of Mega Man 11 DLC in production, by a company named 8ing. I wonder what that will bring?

Hang on, what!? 

I love me some RAIZING so I'd be down with that. 

On 10/16/2018 at 7:16 AM, Polkadi~♪ said:

According to popular fansite Rockman Corner, 8ing  worked with Capcom on Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds, and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. 

So they're no strangers to Capcom, but they are to Mega Man.

11 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

According to popular fansite Rockman Corner, 8ing  worked with Capcom on Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds, and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. 

So they're no strangers to Capcom, but they are to Mega Man.

I've heard stories that Koji Oda, the director of MM11, made everyone on the development team play every Mega Man game, in order to get them to understand what they were getting into by working on Mega Man. And I'd say that move ending up working out for the best.

Unfortunately, the same would not be done for 8ing, as they're an external company. So we don't even know what to expect from them. But it isn't too difficult to make new content for Mega Man, so I personally think we won't be getting something too bad, but my expectations aren't high. I don't lack faith in 8ing, more I'm just interested in seeing what happens. Character DLC and an even harder mode (that also changes level layouts) is what I'm really looking forward to, and I believe 8ing can deliver on that.

One thing to note is that the DLC being outsourced could very well imply the team moved on to another project already. Which COULD be good news for fans of a certain other Mega Man franchise.

Or you know, could be literally anything else.

• Nice Smile 1

I'm sure most people aren't intersted, but we got some profiles from the Pachislot Rockman Ability:

Translation (thanks to@gakayaot  and @_skycompass on twitter):

Spoiler

Rock: A combat robot created by Dr. Light to fight the Wily Numbers. Fights enemy robots day after day, to stop Wily's plan for world domination. "I'll stop WIly's ambitions!"

Roll: Was found collapsed in front of Light's laboratory, and fixed by Dr. Light. After that, resists Wily together with Rock. "I'll fight with you!"

Trancy: Roll's sister robot, found together with Roll by Dr. Light. Is a combat robot, but is not so positive about fighting. "I-I'm not scared!"

Dr. Right: The daughter of Thomas Light, who popularized robots across the world. Because her father hammered technology into her from a young age, there is no scientist out there that is superior to her. "Leave the backup to me!" 

Wait... The female Dr. Light is the real Dr. Light's daughter? That's kinda wild.

And Roll isn't made by Dr. Light, and has a sister named Trancy? Who is a combat robot who doesn't want to fight...?

Interesting concepts that this pachinko game has come up with.

Dr. Right: The daughter of Thomas Light, who popularized robots across the world. Because her father hammered technology into her from a young age, there is no scientist out there that is superior to her. "Leave the backup to me!" 

Spoiler

350?cb=20180805173701

Welp, there goes any interest I had in this chick.

• Fist Bump 1

I've been replaying Tron Bonne recently, dug out my copy of the game and played it on the old PS1. Would love to see a sequel to that.

29 minutes ago, Plasme said:

I've been replaying Tron Bonne recently, dug out my copy of the game and played it on the old PS1. Would love to see a sequel to that.

Mega Man Legends 3 has been cancelled time and time again. Abandon hope all ye who enters.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

I finally finished the game, I was stuck on Wily Phase 2. Now I'm focusing on challenges and beating the robot masters again. Maybe I'll do another playthrough.

So, any news about that rumored DLC? I'd love to play as Proto Man and Bass, or play some new stages or challenges.

Finished the game about a week ago so now here's my thoughts.

Story: The story was quite interesting, as we got to look in the real reason behind Wily's hatered towards Dr. Light (Which was fueled even further years later when Light got more credit for his work in robotics than Wily) and how the independent thought reserch eventually led to the creation of Megaman X. I found it enjoyable.

Gameplay: With four difficulty options the gameplay can change depending on which one you choose, Normal mode as usual is difficult like any other Megaman game, as of the core gameplay, I'm glad Capcom had the brains to bring back the charge shot and the slide, but the big change is the Double Gear system. I enjoyed using both gears each, though I used the speed gear more than the power gear as it allowed me to dodge certain obstacles (Especailly Torch Man's stage), of course as usual there are 8 Robot Masters to annihilate before facing wily.

Robot Masters: This time there is quite a mix of hard and easy robots to choose, I do recommend facing either Block Man or Bounce Man first, the Robot Masters do not suffer from "Spark Mandrill Syndrome" when hit by their weaknesses though.

Voice Acting: Cheesey in some areas but still better than Mega Man 8's voice acting.

Overall: A great game to play, with the Double Gear to the backstory to the bios (yes there are bios in this game) Mega Man 11 was a "blast" to play through.

I'm personally only into the Classics series (been wanting to play BN, maaaaaaybe X). I watched a playthrough of Zero a long time ago but it didn't interest me that much. Legends, SF, ZX, etc. I heard good things but aside from screenshots haven't even seen how it's like.

Unrelated:

I’m not strong enough to read the OP I posted in 2009

More Megaman in Smash is a good thing, Duff McWhalen assist trophy when?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mega's gotten himself another strange guest appearance, this time in Monster Hunter Frontier Z:

While MM11 was a hit, I guess he still has plenty of bills to pay.

http://www.rockman-corner.com/2018/11/capcom-to-close-off-30th-anniversary.html (basic translation)
http://www.capcom.co.jp/game/content/rockman/info/event/3143/ (list of goods)

So the final anniversary event is going to be Rockman 30th Anniversay Goods Festa.

The one I'm most interested is the mini-museum/mini-gallery:

920462820_Screenshot2018-11-22at23_44.00-Edited.png.c9d9d06bc0557eab9e1ab8be477ef7c3.png

they're going to show various concept art and rough drafts from the entire franchise (so including other series). And while the left looks like the one from the artbook, the right one looks new. I hope they show more unused ideas and concepts from MM11.

.......sucks it's only in Japan.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

GET EQUIPPED WITH:
FULL GAME SOUNDTRACK

804x0w.jpg

Surprise! ROCKMAN 11 Original Soundtrack, now available on iTunes, Amazon, Google Play, and Spotify!

Listen to the game's soundtrack in it's highest quality, with a few surprises! Every song in the game is included, select sound effects are included, brand new never-heard-before ARRANGED remixes, and a vocal theme for the game (sang by Rock's VA herself!)

http://bit.ly/MM11OSTSpotify
http://bit.ly/MM11OSTAmazon
http://bit.ly/MM11OSTGoogle
http://bit.ly/MM11OSTApple

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

...Wait, what now? 

Haha, they are both smart, techno wizard daughters of Dr. Light. Though one is an adult and the other is a child.

Which reminds me: which do you guys prefer, Roll as combat robot (Pachinko) or a techno support girl (MMFC)?

20 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

Haha, they are both smart, techno wizard daughters of Dr. Light. Though one is an adult and the other is a child.

Huh.

20 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

Which reminds me: which do you guys prefer, Roll as combat robot (Pachinko) or a techno support girl (MMFC)?

I'm not that big into Megaman outside of the Archie comic and what tidbits I know from various 2nd hand sources, so I'm not sure I'm really that reliable an opinion.

With that said, I think I'd prefer her to be something of an optional mix, but with a majority focus of the  latter.

• 3 months later...

I wasn't sure where to put this (hey didn't I do this before?), but while writing down the Q&A for the newest Bumblekast #90 there was one Archie MM question.

Might was well write it here. Includes the original question and timestamp:

Spoiler

(53:03) Connall T: In the Mega Man comics, there was this anti-robot terrorist group which was around during both the classic area and the X series. If the series continued, does that mean we would have seen other human antagonists like Theo and Simone? Plus, would Dr. Weil from the Zero series had been a part of it? Seems like the kind of guy who would have wanted to one up the Reploids.

• That is an interesting question!
  • Honestly don’t know; the Emerald Spears was an experiment in classic MM to “vary things up” so it just wasn’t Dr. WIly over and over again
  • Tbh: don’t know if they really worked; never really got a chance to investigate Theo & Simone as much as I want before they become already redundant & baggage characters
  • Xander: already gotten to role of Mr. X before hiatus, so character arc was already headed different direction from the Spears.
  • Them showing up in X era was more of convenient bridge device between the two timeline
  • Way I thought of time: the X-era E.S were not so much a organization, more of a fringe/cult. Not really a danger to anyone, more just to themselves
  • Never really intended to be a major threat during the X-era
  • How that would’ve affected things if Sigma took over could’ve been interesting
  • Beyond that, need to really dove in and research Zero series more to have a say,
  • MM Legends: everything robot-human anyway, so E.S. has no point.
  • Like question, love the idea, love for series to comeback so he can seriously think about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...

Oh hey Bumblekast #100 had some Archie Megaman related questions. Maybe there were some between 90 and 100 but I dont wanna check now.

Caution, very long. Includes original question, which part and timestamp:

Spoiler

9. (Part1 #10:21) Jet Jaguar Enthusiast:
Were there ever any plans to add some lgbt representation to the mega man comic? would you even have been allowed if you wanted to?

• Honestly haven’t approached that thought, mostly because the main cast/robot master are children. Not really fond of the idea of seriously putting them in relationship.
  • Iceman being interested in Roll is that kind of cute puppy-like kinda thing
  • Roll trying to get Rock and Tempo interested in each other is more of childish “I like my idea of my OTP w/o putting any real thought into it”
  • Beyond that, guess it would have to be a gay relationship since it’s so many male Robot Masters
  • Would be harder with Classic because the Robot Masters, as much as they have personality, they aren’t supposed to be “sapient”. They’re not supposed to be fully truly realized individuals, that at their base, they’re still machines.
  • It would be a whole lot easier for the X series because the reploids are pretty much right there, would be way easier to conceptualize.
  • Classic is not impossible, if were to explore the human cast there would be plenty of opportunity.
  • So it’s certainly not out of the realm of possibility, it’s just that he didn’t think/it didn’t come into mind when plotting out Classic
  • Don't know had they gone forward, maybe opportunity risen as he did more research on later RMs
  • Whether or not Capcom would’ve allowed, he has no idea. Never approached that subject, Have no idea what their feeling would be then or now.

28. (Part1 #27:23) Hypershadw:
Did you know that Tundra Man from Mega Man 11 was manufactured at Cossack Robot Labs? If you were to continue the comics qould you add him in before his official appearance like you did with Pharaoh Man and Bright Man?

• Oh absolutely
  • He is surprised it's official, thought that was a headcanon that only he had
  • But yes, if he was a cossack bot that happen after 4, then he would love to show him off before hand because that would be fun

59. (Part2 #11:03) Bethany B:
In the last issue of Archie's Mega Man, #55, you teased about the whole Quint story (which you also hinted at in #20, an issue which was GREAT by the way, really shows how far you planned ahead, even the very quotes held up in #20 from scenes that would play out later in the Ra Moon and Mega Man 3 sagas). Anyway, I couldn't help but wonder how that story would have resolved since the games never resolved it; that creative decision would have been on your shoulders. What would have happened to Quint after fighting our Mega Man? Would he have gotten sent back to his time and became Rock again? Would he have even survived the fight?

• Good question, because haven’t really set in stone. Didn’t know what Capcom would let him do.
  • Quint is in tricky situation: he is the future of classic beyond what the game will ever probably get to. And is this weird bridging state between classic & X, kinda.
  • Also really wanted to adapt Rockman Shadow, (what he remembers as) Wily’s attempt to copy Megaman who he gave up on to make Quint. He has same look/weapon/came from future as Quint, basically Quint.
  • One of the thing he want to thing was simlify and make things more concise: do Quint story, go back to future, come back w/ Wanderswan Robot Masters, from there he’d be repaired and returned to future as this different megaman (been through the fire, can’t be Rock anymore)-how that apply to the future of Classic from there
  • However, when doing flashback/forward story they couldn’t use the Robot Masters from the wanderswan games. That would’ve thrown wrench in the work
  • Have no idea how much leeway Capcom would’ve given with a narrative like that.
  • So don't know how Quint would’ve played out, but this this the abridged version

66. (Part2 #22:34) Ryan B:
Why did they (Archie, Capcom?) sh*tcan the Megaman comic? You did such an incredible job and you were building it into a true world not just VG stories?

• Just a writer, he doesn't know. Heard various rumors, but nothing he can concretely say “yes, that is the nail in the coffin”
  • All he know is one day, “Yep, we’re done. We get to wrap up a 4-issue arc, we get to do a big farewell for #55, but keep it open ended”
  • Know people from various places in authority who want it back, hope spring eternal.

70. (Part2 #27:59) SnoruntPyro:
What Robot Master(s) that didn't show up in the comics would you have loved to write the most?

• Stardroids immediately come to mind. Really wanted to get to that arc.
  • Especially excited to dig into Cossack numbers, since been building up toward that since issue #1 !!
  • Beyond that, need to redo research. When doing Flashforward story, tried to do as much research without burning self out, but didn’t really get in depth with a lot of post-4 Robot Masters. 
  • There are other RMs down the line that he would’ve had fun with, but those immediately come to mind. Opinion may change, if have the chance to explore them further.
  • KYLE: What about Clownman? IAN: He was one of the more interesting one, as he was made of spare parts, he and another one came from singular robots, maybe idea of brotherhood? Been so long don’t remember much.

tl;dr version

• Never considered lgbt rep in Classic Megaman because the main cast are kids and the robot masters are not exactly sapient. Humans are fine.
  • Apparently didn't know Tundra man was Cossack's, but already headcanoned him as one. Will be happy to introduce him early if had the chance.
  • Had a story idea of treating Quint and Rockman Shadow as the same person. But doesn't know if will be allowed.
  • Don't know why Archie Megaman was canceled. Told to keep it open ended.
  • Would've loved to write about Stardroids and Cossack numbers. Need to research to see if any other come to mind. 

1 hour ago, Soniman said:

So is there any chance the comic csn come back under IDW or something or is that just it?

Not 100% sure on this, but if Archie leaves the license lying enough, which at this point, will likely happen since not even reprints have been happening, it's very possible the license could expire and default back to Capcom, who would then be free to pursue another comic company to print comics if they so choose.