Awoo.

Mega Man

Cortez

Egoraptor you crazy bastard, quit making me laugh.

In general i love megaman its such a great universe. wish capcom wasn't treating it like total shit right now....

• Thumbs Up 1

Played some of the Classic Megaman titles (don't remember which ones specifically), played Megaman X 1,3,5 and 8, played Megaman Zero 1-4 (hard as hell Megaman titles), Played Megaman ZX and ZXA, and played Megaman Legends 1.

I'm quite a major Megaman fan. My favorites have to be the Zero and ZX series, and I'm quite saddened that I'll never get the chance to play MML3. But man what a great series.

• Thumbs Up 2

I like more the X series, I played from the first X to the 6th one. I also played the Zero ones and finished all of them...I can't say the same for the ZX ones, I couldn't beat them :P

I like more the X series, I played from the first X to the 6th one. I also played the Zero ones and finished all of them...I can't say the same for the ZX ones, I couldn't beat them tongue.png

Funny, cause ZX is FAR easier than Zero. Lemme guess, trouble navigating the map huh?

Gotta love Mega Man, i'm a fan of the series.

Gonna get the first image in..... I commissioned Tracy Yardley to draw Mega Man, Proto Man and Bass, for those who wanna see it. :3

meganantrio-1.jpg

But yeah, wouldn't mind seeing Yardleys work in the comic, though hes probably too busy with SU and STH.

What's going on with Protoman's head?

Funny, cause ZX is FAR easier than Zero. Lemme guess, trouble navigating the map huh?

Probably! The rest of the game is far more forgiving, then MMZ haahah

I'm not very good at them :/ I enjoy them, but I suck at them. I do love the Battle Network and Starforce series, though. I'm not all that bad in them.

What's going on with Protoman's head?

• Thumbs Up 1

Probably! The rest of the game is far more forgiving, then MMZ haahah

I have MMZ 2, and I can guarantee you that Normal difficulty for ZX and ZX Advent are definitely easier than MMZ2.

Heheh. I started with Battle Network 6 Cybeast Falzar and never looked back. I now have MMBN4 Red Sun, MMBN6 Falzar, Zero 2, ZX, ZX Advent, X7 and X8.

I started with the original Megaman, except it was called Rockman. ohmy.png

Man, i'm old. >_>

Here's to many years of good old Blue Bomber games!

Edited by killemoff

I have MMZ 2, and I can guarantee you that Normal difficulty for ZX and ZX Advent are definitely easier than MMZ2.

I've played all 4 MMZ titles and ZX and Advent, and the whole ZX series is far easier than Zero.

Made even worse by the fact that you have to unlock an easy mode for Zero for it to be easier when I played them. I actually had to cheat a few times just to get through some of the levels in the Zero titles yet never did so when it came to the ZX titles.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I remember starting off with the Megaman series when he was doing Battle Network. I think I began with the third one or something, I actually still have it. I ended up getting the second one in that series too, both of which I really enjoyed.

When I finished with those, I decided to get around to trying Megaman 2, which was way fun and I also played and finished Megaman 9, which was also amazing. Graphics, music, and all.

Oh yeah...

• 3 months later...

I feel like talking about Mega Man. Seems like there's more than one general thread, so I'm reviving the latest one.

Of all of the Mega Man series, the classic and Zero series stand out to me the most. Classic, because they are consistently great titles that each improved on the last, and Zero, because all four games are just about damn perfect in terms of gameplay and design. MM8 is by far my favorite one, and I picked it up recently as it's been a while since I last played it. The only thing I personally don't like about the Zero games is that many of the central characters feel largely emotionless and undeveloped, but the actual stories and atmosphere are gorgeous, and I feel that more emphasis was put into those two elements anyway, so it's all good.

I actually care about the MMX games the least. I enjoyed X1 and X4, but I mostly stayed away from most of the later entries after observing how rushed they are. Doesn't mean I won't play them one of these days, but I'm not exactly eager to do so at the moment.

People rail on the Battle Network series for being different, but I thought they had great characters and interesting overall design. Unfortunately, I still don't care too much to play them, although I do revisit them once in a while because they're still fairly neat games. Random battles are a pain in the ass to me, and the later games felt like a chore to beat (especially BN5, the one game I really do hate). It did end on a fantastic note though with BN6, and it was a satisfying send-off to a series of games that ranged from decent to mediocre.

I hate ZX so much. Everyone loves these games but I really could not stand it, and to me it just doesn't feel like a Mega Man game whatsoever. The characters are atrocious (save one, who dies in the very beginning), the levels are poorly designed with a Metroidvania layout that's far too confusing to navigate, the bosses are major pains, and the story was convoluted. Its saving grace is that it has some really good music, but saying that a Mega Man game has good music is like saying the sky is blue. Normally when I don't finish a Mega Man game, it's because it is way too difficult for me. ZX is the only MM game I didn't finish for the reason that I hated playing it. Didn't even bother with ZXA.

And I haven't played the Legends series yet. There's no cheap way in playing them legally, so I have both games sitting in my ePSXe folder, waiting to be dived into someday. Haven't played Star Force either, but I see no reason to right now.

Although I really love the series as a whole, I own very few of the games - namely, Mega Man X1, X2, Mega Man 8, and Mega Man Zero Collection. I avoided the other collections due to their apparent porting problems, but I'm not sure how the X Collection holds up. I was thinking about just getting X4 off eBay sometime and leave it at that.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm starting to get into this series and so far, I find Mega Man to be an okay game series. Too bad I completely suck at them due to how hard they are. However, I only have Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge on my 3DS and Mega Man 8, so I can't say much since I only have two of the games. I'm actually thinking about getting the Legend series if I can find them at a cheap price since they look pretty fun.

Now if only Capcom gives this series more attention nowadays. :/

Yeah, X5 is generally seen as good but flawed to bad, X6 is usually thought to be bad with a few fans, X7 is almost universally disliked, and X8 had flaws as well, despite having a better reception that the previous three.

I just started getting into Mega Man about two or three weeks ago and I can already say I am in love with this series. I started with the Mega Man Anniversary Collection for Gamecube. I'm currently working my way through 1, 2, and 3 but like others have said they are pretty difficult. (NES games being NES hard. Who would've thought?)

After playing 1-3 for about a day or two I took a trip to a Gamestop an hour away from my house to pick up the X Collection and the Powered Up/Maverick Hunter X dual pack for the PSP. I can get farther on the MHX than I can on the original SNES version but the original has a certain charm to it that makes me prefer it. Same for Powered Up (though it gets major points for making Proto Man and the Robot Masters playable).

And that brings us up to where I am now. I'm listening to the Megas on youtube everyday, I'm rereading the only issue of the Archie Mega Man series I have quite frequently, and I'm playing at least one game every night right before bed.

This series is wonderful. I look forward to the future adventures I'll have playing other games in the franchise.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bleh, Anniversary Collection. It's a minor thing, but swapping A and B and not allowing any control customization on the GC version made it so difficult for me to play that version of the Classic games. Thankfully the X Collection didn't have that problem.

I think I like Mega Man more for the concepts than the actual games. Not that the games are bad; a lot of them are very good (though some...). But it seems like it never entirely came together (though, I'll admit I don't have an exhaustive knowledge of the series, so maybe I just haven't played the right ones). The classic series sort of stagnated and never really added anything to truly evolve the gameplay, and the quality of the weapons dropped in the later games. The X series introduced some neat stuff (dashing and walljumping, especially), but I think it also got too caught up in some of its additions (armor, Zero, the "story") and the original boss weapon mechanic kind of got sidelined to an extent. And from what I've played/seen of later games, that only moved further away from being a central focus. So maybe it's just me, but it seems like Mega Man never really had his "S3&K", and that's kind of a shame.

I just recently picked up X4 and X8 on eBay. X4 in particular was the first Mega Man game I ever played (I distinctly recall the Dr. Light capsule under the waterfall, anyway). X8 was recommended by a friend of mine and it looks as good as the earlier titles.

And part of the reason is due to what I said in my previous post, about not having much familiarity with a majority of the X games aside from X1 and bits of X4. Only makes sense that I start with the more well-received titles.

I mainly stick to the titles I have access to. That said, it's really only Mega Man 1, 2, 9, and Maverick Hunter X. That's pretty much it.

I really love them, though. Mega Man 2 is hands down my favorite, for everything. It's the only Classic game which has a soundtrack that I love every single track of.

Something I've been curious about ever since I got into the series: Has any explanation been given as to what happened to Mega Man, Proto Man, Bass, or any other robots in X's timeline? I know X happens 100 years after the classic series but shouldn't the robots still be "alive"?