Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Direct - April 8 [11PM BST / 6PM EST]

Carbo

Super Smash Bros Mildly Non-cordial Disagreement

I mean Universe would be too obvious.

Super Smash Bros Universe for Wii U and Super Smash Bros Dimensions for 3DS. It's hella obvious but it would work

Super Smash Bros Mildly Non-cordial Disagreement

I mean Universe would be too obvious.

Universe would be too obvious, yes...it'd be Obviously Mis-leading. Smash Bros. is no where near close to covering the entire Nintendo universe...they're very much trying though.

We've not seen the HUD or what the GamePad might do for the game yet, have we? Likewise, we've not seen what the touchscreen might do for the 3DS version. They might also show how the two versions interact with each other.

IIRC Sakurai said it was the final title.

Not that I have any problems with that. Mostly because I am convinced that 100% of fan titles for Smash Bros games are conceived by people who googled synonyms for "brawl" or "melee" and just tacked that on. 

I was positive that was the case. Do you have the link? Some idiot on Youtube thinks otherwise and I'd like to send proof of the fact that Sakurai said it was the final title. I know Sakurai said it, I just don't know where.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the names. I hope Nintendo does change their minds on that, even if it's not likely. Anyway,

Super Smash Bros.: Sonic-Fanbase

You fool! That name alone would require a M-Rating at the least.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think the title for the game will be Super Smash Bros: War

Hmph! I would personally prefer Super Smash Bros Frenzy as the name.

You guys, with the new female characters on board, it's obviously going to be called Super Smash Bros. & Sisters.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was positive that was the case. Do you have the link? Some idiot on Youtube thinks otherwise and I'd like to send proof of the fact that Sakurai said it was the final title. I know Sakurai said it, I just don't know where.

Only thing I can find right now is from IGN's Richard George, who doesn't give a direct quote. He was uploading information as it was coming out. This isn't exactly straight from the horse's mouth, but according to the linked article, he said it. 

I very much remember reading a quote from Sakurai on the matter, though. 

I have no problems with the names either.  If there was a name change I'd want something more special than another synonym for "fight".

I like the current name anyway.  It implies this will be the definitive Smash, who needs a silly title, this is Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U and for the 3DS.  Why use fancy words when the title sells itself anyway?

I mean, definitive Smash, big shoes to fill there of course, but assuming it is... perfect titles.

• Thumbs Up 3

Its brought up before but the name fits well too. 4 Wiiu and 4 3DS.

Plus the title is all animated with the fire affects and it looks cool.

There obviously needs to be a special fighting synonym name...so that Smash 4 can get the special shortened name like Melee and Brawl do(similar to just now). Its Smash Bros. 4, Smash Bros. 64, Melee, and Brawl...obviously it doesn't stand out...more than it doesn't need to.

6IjYKvr.gif

This has got me REALLY pumped for Tuesday now, I just hope that it doesn't turn out to be a whole lot of nothing. At the very least all I want is maybe a character or two and a ballpark estimate on a release date, like Fall or Winter 2014 or something.

• Thumbs Up 4

What I want: 

3 new character reveals, a Fall release date, SSB64 and Melee on Wii U VC with online.

Okay, maybe I'm asking for too much. =P

Y'all are going to hype yourselves up so much that you'll be disappointed no matter what's announced.

What you mean Ridley, K Rool, and Geno is too much to expect? I thought it wasn't too out there!

In all seriousness this is my biggest fear, we've been trolled by Sakurai in the past so it could just all be stuff we've already seen

Smash4 Direct check-list:

- Alternate costumes announcement (probably won't happen)

- Adventure mode info dump

- Ness, Cpt. Falcon or Yoshi appears

- New modes revealed

- Design decision that splits the fanbase again

- New character reveals

- Ridley confirmed too big to not be in 4

- More new items

- Release date drop (which will be delayed anyways)

- Even more scrolling stages

- Character / stage / assist trophy noone expected gets revealed

- Sakurai breaks every bone in body, apologizes to fans any ways

I'll have my copy ready to check off for when the stream begins.

• Thumbs Up 2

As long as we get to see Sakurai in another cool shirt, I don't really care what gets announced.

Seriously, how is he so cool? Him, Masuda and Kamiya pull it off so well!

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know why people think Geno has a chance. He is a square Enix character and not owned by Nintendo.

I didn't see it mentioned, but Sakurai Tweeted about the Direct yesterday, and he said that he intentionally announced it early because he wanted to give people time to prepare. He must have something big planned.

I can't.

I'm hyped.

OH gosh

All aboard the Hype Bus, everyone!

• Thumbs Up 4