Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Direct - April 8 [11PM BST / 6PM EST]

Carbo

Doesn't Square own the rights to Geno?

All I want is a release date. Hype for Goku4Brawl is nice and all, but the most important thing for me is to know when I can actually buy Goku4Brawl

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait, what if we are getting a wii-u demo?? or SSB64 Wii-u/3ds VC release

also still digging a couple of newcomers, still think Issac, Sami, K.Rool, Ridley, or just about anyone is fair game

6 PM? But I have school then.

Ugh, learning or video games. Why do you keep making me have to choose between them?

6 PM? But I have school then.

Ugh, learning or video games. Why do you keep making me have to choose between them?

>learning

>school

tumblr_mespn2Uezl1rp1s5j_zpsa030f82c.gif

(the stream will be recorded by someone, I'm pretty sure)

• Thumbs Up 2

On the one hand, announcing the Direct days in advance is actually very good since it does give people more time to prepare beforehand prior to the broadcast. My issue with the Nintendo Direct streamings is the fact that most if not all of the Directs broadcasted to date have been announced a day before it's streamed online, which may be missed by some people who may have not caught the news.

On the other hand, this can raise the hype levels a bit too much. Got me very intrigued yet I am cautiously optimistic, as usual.

• Thumbs Up 1

Y'all are going to hype yourselves up so much that you'll be disappointed no matter what's announced.

No way, that's not going to happen to me nope nope nnnnope this Direct will not be dissapointing. It won't be~!

70e177d982b9656dee47ccd32a020ed45459bce6

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh yeah, I forgot, I still think Ray Mk1 from Custom Robo is a high possibility, especialy since its quite possible the next entry in the francise might be that big RFID game nintendo has been teasing

He would also have unique design, and an extremely interesting moveset(although melee would need to be expanded from simple the dash move of course)

Oh yeah, I forgot, I still think Ray Mk1 from Custom Robo is a high possibility, especialy since its quite possible the next entry in the francise might be that big RFID game nintendo has been teasing

He would also have unique design, and an extremely interesting moveset(although melee would need to be expanded from simple the dash move of course)

You know, it is true that Custom Robo is small. However, you do know that doesn't mean they can't make him bigger for the battle. That said, I do agree that a Custom Robo robot would have some interesting moves to fight. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if the Custom Robo was an Assist Trophy again, but hey.

There is no Ray MK1. It's just called Ray.

There's no way in hell Custom Robo will get any representation outside assist trophies. The demand is so few that it's like it's not even there.

Nintendo has basically given the franchise as a whole a bigger middle finger than Star Fox and F-Zero combined. There's not going to be any worthwhile reps for it in Smash Bros. Ever.

• Thumbs Up 1

There's no way in hell Custom Robo will get any representation outside assist trophies. The demand is so few that it's like it's not even there.

Nintendo has basically given the franchise as a whole a bigger middle finger than Star Fox and F-Zero combined. There's not going to be any worthwhile reps for it in Smash Bros. Ever.

woah, you are quite pestimistic, well I think that may end up changing, as I cant think of any other Nintendo francise that would be as Perfect for a collecthon RFID game that could have both a complete game with or without the statues

I've been a Custom Robo fan since Battle Revolution. I can tell you with 100% certainty that they do not care about this franchise anymore.

The series peaked at Battle Revolution. Gameplay, Story, Writing, everything was nearly perfect.

Then they released Arena. Arena had terrible production values, terrible art, terrible online play, terrible local multiplayer, and terrible gameplay. You can tell how bad it's budget was just by watching the cutscene where Liv farts mental energy out of her hands and how choppy it is.

They do not care about this franchise. They don't even acknowledge it's existence anymore.

Now tell me, if you were making a fanservice game, would you put in a character many people love like Geno or Mega Man, or would you put in some obscure as hell toy from a series very few outside japan actually care about?

It's not pessimism. This is the situation, and it will not change.

• Thumbs Up 6

Actually Solkia, Brawl had a whole bunch of obscure characters with little to no following like Barbara the Bat and that weird girl with the drill. See? I don't even remember who she was!

...Oh well of course playable character wise we may not see a Custom Robo mention. But Assist Trophy or regular trophy? Definitely!

Edit: Just noticed that in your post lol.

Edited by Gabz Girl

• Thumbs Up 1

Calling it now.

The Pac is back.

• Thumbs Up 1

Calling it now.

The Pac is back.

His trailer better have this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh1rBsJBGv8

Calling it now.

The Pac is back.

That would be great, but something tells me they are saving him for E3. Just a hunch of mine.

I've been a Custom Robo fan since Battle Revolution. I can tell you with 100% certainty that they do not care about this franchise anymore.

The series peaked at Battle Revolution. Gameplay, Story, Writing, everything was nearly perfect.

Then they released Arena. Arena had terrible production values, terrible art, terrible online play, terrible local multiplayer, and terrible gameplay. You can tell how bad it's budget was just by watching the cutscene where Liv farts mental energy out of her hands and how choppy it is.

They do not care about this franchise. They don't even acknowledge it's existence anymore.

Now tell me, if you were making a fanservice game, would you put in a character many people love like Geno or Mega Man, or would you put in some obscure as hell toy from a series very few outside japan actually care about?

It's not pessimism. This is the situation, and it will not change.

While I don't agree that arena was bad (it was okay but definitely not better than battle revolution) you do have a point, while I will remain hopeful on the 5% chance we actually do get Ray as a playable character (with all of his different models as costumes) it really does seem like nintendo just gave it the shaft after awhile.

Are directs usually uploaded to youtube after? Because I don't think I'll be able to watch it normally...

Nintendo Directs are archived by Nintendo and become available soon after. 

It'll be available, don't worry.

Actualy, I would just like to say, we can all have our hopes, but we will never, ever be able to predict for sure who will be in, because it comes down to Three simple things

1) Nintendo mandated characters

2)future plans

3) Sakurai's own pick, and thoughts on who would contribute, who would be unique, and who would help add to, the overall feel of the game, and just whoever he feels like adding

oh and time, thats the last big one

Nintendo Directs are archived by Nintendo and become available soon after. 

It'll be available, don't worry.

Good to know, thank you :)

Calling it now.

The Pac is back.

No.

Please.

Just no.

• Thumbs Up 5

while I will remain hopeful on the 5% chance we actually do get Ray as a playable character

5% is far better odds than I'd give it.