Awoo.

Nine-month-old boy accused of planning murder

Detective Shadzter

Pakistan: Nine-month-old boy accused of planning murder

_74035133_babycourt.png

A nine-month-old boy has appeared in court in Pakistan on charges of planning a murder, threatening police and interfering in state affairs, it appears.

Baby Muhammad Mosa Khan is one of more than 30 people facing charges after a police raid to catch suspected gas thieves in the city of Lahore, The News website reports. Police say the suspects tried to murder security officers by pelting them with stones. But the Times of India newspaper quotes the infant's father as saying the group was protesting an electricity shortage.

The infant appeared in the courtroom sitting on his father's lap - who is also accused - and clasping a feeder. He was given bail and the case has been adjourned until 12 April, reports from Lahore say.

The murder charges against a baby have alarmed Punjab's Chief Minister Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif. He has asked for clarification from the province's inspector-general of police and demanded "stern action" against the officials who registered the case.

The assistant superintendant who filed the charges has subsequently been suspended, The Nation website says.

_74035139_babycourt2.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-26887186

The world has officially gone mad. How can a nine month old baby plan a murder? You'd think this was a late April Fool's joke, but it's actually real. WTF, humanity? Seriously, WTF?! It says a group of more than 30 people total are facing charges, so maybe the baby has just been roped in with the rest of the group? But even then, you just wouldn't charge the baby. That baby isn't even aware of what's going on around it, never mind planning and committing crimes.

• Thumbs Up 6

Well, at least the higher ups called the fuckwit that brought this bizarre 'case' forward out for his...frankly straight up wrong ideas. Simultaneously hilarious and tragic at the same time, like most of the news you come across now.

This is the most ridiculous thing I've seen this year

Once again, humanity proves it is not without its fair share of idiots

The sad part is I'm not too surprised. Barring cases like Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates, Turkey and a few others, a lot of countries in southwest Asia really are behind the times by Western standards. Concepts such as liberal democracy, human rights, etc. don't seem to have really caught on. Similarly, the West used to embrace the idea that children could be criminally liable, but eventually ditched this in favor of the current system. Some areas haven't moved past the idea.

With all the executions for being gay, stoning of women because they're considered exposed, or other forms of systematic repression in the region... this hardly shocks me.

I'm at least relieved that the higher ups are angry this happened. It means this is just a case of local insanity and not a national issue. At least, I sure hope it isn't.

_74035133_babycourt.png

That guy's face on the right really says it all. I mean, have we really reached the point in our existence where THESE kind of stories can exist!? Stop the replacement bus service, I'm walking the rest!

• Thumbs Up 2

That's just ridiculous. 

The only baby that could be accused of murder is this guy.

Robotnik_Baby.jpg

He was trying to get rid of Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 9

MakeSomeoneHappy25.jpg

I say that all of the members here donate their lifetime savings towards building a spaceship so we can leave this planet. This is the weirdest bullshit news headline I've heard all year.

• Thumbs Up 8

So how has the government not realised how ridiculous this is? I mean, I'd love to see the Pakistani police justify this.

I don't know guys, that babies face looks like the face of a dilinquet if you ask me. And those eyes, those EYES! Those are the eyes of a baby whose done some things. He may look innocent now but trust me when I say that if you turn your back on this guy for one second he will choke you with his bottle sucker thing (forgot what it was called) and throw your body in the lake.

• Thumbs Up 1

All I'm thinking about is how this kid would fit into the Rugrats cast.

• Thumbs Up 8

This is ridiculous. Can the kid even talk!?

I cannot believe it. I've actually stumbled across something even more pathetically dumb than Adventure 2 GUN. WHY......

The assistant superintendant who filed the charges has subsequently been suspended, The Nation website says.

Good.

I can't wrap my head around how this is a conclusion a supposedly rational human being can come to, but I don't think any sane person can understand.

Either they're nuts, or the baby is Maggie Simpson or Stewie Griffin.

I honestly don't know how they came to conclusion that a baby could murder.

This is ridiculous. Can the kid even talk!?

I cannot believe it. I've actually stumbled across something even more pathetically dumb than Adventure 2 GUN. WHY......

Answer to my own question; turns out to be NO, the infant can't even speak.

http://youtu.be/-Q2aP56YqVo

Yep, finger-printed him and everything.

The expression of that guy on the right hand side of the very top picture sums up my reaction pretty damn perfectly.

I think the real question is obvious:

Are they going to try him as an adult or not?

I can't help but think that everyone here is overreacting. The charges against the boy will obviously be dropped; it was more than likely just a dumb and/or uninformed call by the involved authorities when they lumped a group of people together and charged them all. I mean with some of the reactions here you'd think the boy himself was murdered by the criminals or something...

• Thumbs Up 1