Awoo.

The Swashbuckling Console War Regiment Musketeers

The drunkard from space!

That's great news! Looking forward to tomorrows recording session!

If I may butt in here, I think differentiating between each of your commentators may be a key in being unique.

What do I mean? Well, perhaps you should do multiple types of commentary, based on the specialties of those working on the video. For example, you can have the big, group, 'live' commentaries that are about reactions and discussing the game, its development and so on, but you can also have a more walkthrough-like set of videos, commentated in the post, where the video is edited and stuff. By this, I mean say if there's a boss fight coming up. The player walks up to the trigger, and the cutscene rolls. When it ends, the video freezes, and the commentator begins to talk about the battle area and the boss' attack patterns, with maybe a quick cut to a map of the area with points of interest marked on (you'll need MS paint skilllzzzz1!1 though) to explain the best way to beat the boss. This kind of strategic, helpful let's play may not get the most views, but it's an idea that, I think, people will like.

You could have stuff like this handled by one person in particular, with everyone having their own style of video, or simply take turns.

Anyway, that's just me brainstorming. I wish you the best of luck guys!

• Thumbs Up 1

So since my STeam roster includes Generations and the Adventure games, I think we know who'll do those, granted I'll need to learn how to record gaming by then.

So since my STeam roster includes Generations and the Adventure games, I think we know who'll do those, granted I'll need to learn how to record gaming by then.

Its really not that Hard. If you are using a PC just use a Program for that, I can give you some examples if you want.

If you want to record from a console you will need a piece of hardware for that, either one that streams video for your pc or one that storeges the video on a external memory disc.

Its really not that Hard. If you are using a PC just use a Program for that, I can give you some examples if you want.

Sure. Shoot me some. Hopefully they're really good, and free.

Sure. Shoot me some. Hopefully they're really good, and free.

For console recording hahaha, yah right. There's nothing free for console recording. The closest to free you can use is this: https://www.google.com/search?q=Easycap&newwindow=1&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=sdNCU7eOKunWyQGsw4DICw&ved=0CCkQsxg&biw=1366&bih=598

However you need a powerful PC to use these tools and you need to be close to your computer (well unless you find a way to extend the cord.

Oh and I forgot xbone and ps4, but you kinda have to buy those, so...sorry, unless you own either, it's just kinda hard to record, because even though hitting share on ps4 does record the last 15 min. it never starts on time.

There are only 2 known pc free recording devices:

1. The HD PVR Rocket: https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=sb&biw=1366&bih=598&tbm=shop&q=hd+pvr+rocket&oq=HD+PVR+r&gs_l=serp.3.0.0l2j0i5l2.63412.70212.0.71611.10.8.1.1.1.0.284.1451.0j7j1.8.0....0...1c.1.40.serp..1.9.1288.a43JRbGz8tA

2. The Live Gamer Portable: https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=sb&biw=1366&bih=598&tbm=shop&q=live+gamer+portable&oq=Live+Gam&gs_l=serp.3.0.0l6j0i5l4.108880.112717.0.114002.8.8.0.0.0.0.184.1373.0j8.8.0....0...1c.1.40.serp..0.8.1362.MJfh00lvhTw

PC recording doesn't require a powerful PC, however it is preferred. Now of the free options for pc recording bandicam is the best (if you don't mind the 10 minute recording limit and the watermark); for one thing the video file sizes are pretty small and you can use it forever unlike other recording software. Sure you can stumble around using hypercam 2 or camstudio, which are freeware recording tools, but bandicam is MADE for gaming, although it can record other things too.

So are those two necessarily better than Bandicam?

From my experience, I'd say so - Bandicam has poor stability, and the 10 minute limit isn't exactly great.

Yes, because if you record in pc free mode it shouldn't be taxing on the computer, only the hardware. Now this is based on research and things I've heard. I've only had experience using pc recording software; I leave all my console recording to my ps4.

Oh right I forgot the format of the video is a bit of a hassle to work w/because they record in H.264, which cannot be uploaded raw to youtube, you have to convert it in something like sony vegas (I could be wrong about all this and they might've released an update to convert it within the software).

Wait, already? Guys, i said all the stuff of the introductory video and taking one step at time in order to avoid things like that.

Now, try to be in the place of the average Youtube user: what will be your rection when you see just that video on a new channel? Not positive if you ask me.

Also, why the videos are currently stuck to the 15 minutes limit? I thought that every channel without striker could now surpass it.

Anyway, i've updated the title of the first video and the channel description.

Also, as it was said, we need a cover/avatar for the channel and the introductory video: any artist here that can potentially help?

Also, why the videos are currently stuck to the 15 minutes limit? I thought that every channel without striker could now surpass it.

Anyway, i've updated the title of the first video and the channel description.

The account needs verifying if we haven't done that already, which we haven't needed to yet.

Wait, already? Guys, i said all the stuff of the introductory video and taking one step at time in order to avoid things like that.

Now, try to be in the place of the average Youtube user: what will be your rection when you see just that video on a new channel? Not positive if you ask me.

Meh, Brainscratchcomms had just as rocky a start. We'll be fine.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ooh, the topic's gotten "Hot" already. Nice.

Also, thank you redhellc for pointing me towards MSI AFterburner. Works great!

• Thumbs Up 1

We may be on the look-out for artistic assistance; artists are welcome.

Recorded a lot of stuff today, and we're getting better: i can see the progress, and i can only hope the spectators will be generous.

As for the arts, i know a couple of people that can help us... but their commissions are not free, so i suggest asking them as a last resort.

Ok so depending of the art you guys want I may be able to lend some assistance.

I'm no pro but I can do somethingsbiggrin.png

Teo I said we need cover art for the introduction video before we can upload it :/.

Ok so depending of the art you guys want I may be able to lend some assistance.

I'm no pro but I can do somethingsbiggrin.png

I was thinking just the words "Console War Regiment" made up of mostly controllers and our names on each corner, like Teo's name would be on one corner and Jova's on another.

EDIT:

Part 2 of Sonic the Hedgehog is up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkEcHvzUycw&feature=youtu.be

Again, feedback is highly appreciated smile.png.

EDIT 2:

Part 3 is up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIhyaIngCSU&feature=youtu.be

• Thumbs Up 1

Teo I said we need cover art for the introduction video before we can upload it :/.

I was thinking just the words "Console War Regiment" made up of mostly controllers and our names on each corner, like Teo's name would be on one corner and Jova's on another.

I actually had in mind, title screens featuring our avatars, according to the game; something like what Brainscratchcomms does with their title screens for respective commentaries.

Like the letters are controllers or all the letters are an amalgamation of controllers?

I actually had in mind, title screens featuring our avatars, according to the game; something like what Brainscratchcomms does with their title screens for respective commentaries.

That's a good idea too!

Like the letters are controllers or all the letters are an amalgamation of controllers?

Which ever one is easiest for you.

Feel free to also amke title  cards illustrating our avatars doing wacky things, based on the particular game in the artwork; something like what Linkara, Brainscratchcomms, etc does with their videos at the beginning or end, or just as a screencap please! ^ ^

Ok I will see what I can do. But I won't be able to do it today, only tomorrow.

Another thing if I'm supposed to do your avatars I need to know how they are. Are they the same from here or.are they different? 

Ok I will see what I can do. But I won't be able to do it today, only tomorrow.

Another thing if I'm supposed to do your avatars I need to know how they are. Are they the same from here or.are they different? 

For me, basically just have SOnic decked out in KH2 SOra gear with any sort of keyblade, doing whatever in the artwork.

My avatar is the one I currently have, Princess Ganondorf. So beautiful she is XD