Awoo.

"Sonic Dissected" Dissected: (LEGO) Sonic Dimensions As You Truly Imagined It

FriendBot

And people say the same thing about Colors' story too.

That's not really the same thing.

SA2's cheese was all accidental, which makes it more funny. It's like a B-rated movie. While you can take it serious at some points, you're also trying not to laugh at the poor voice acting and ridicilous lines.

Colors? That's all on purpose. Which makes it more awkward than funny. You're supposed to find it funny, but no.

• Thumbs Up 5

What I'm saying is that some people also find charm in Colors for its cheesiness too, granted the setup of each situation is different.

No one is saying that people don't find charm in Colors` cheesiness, but its brand of cheesiness and SA2's are completely different.

Or basically, SA2 is like 60's Batman, camp but in an incredibly fun way. Colors is like that kid that never grew out of the 90's, and tries to stay relevant. 

get-on-with-it.png

Just so you know, image-only posts are against the rules as they are considered to be SPAM, which doesn't contribute to discussion in general whatsoever. Looking at this image, I have no idea what your intentions were along with the idea you was trying to get across and anyone else can't be sure of that as either seeing that you didn't mention or write a single thing explaining such.

When you make a post, at least put down a thought or two, as effort is required when posting here on the forum. Keep in mind a long paragraph isn't necessary. You can post images in your posts if you wish, but that can't be the only thing you put in the post as you have to write something beyond a word or two as doing so provides discussion which you are to do here per the rules at SSMB if you wish to post.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvvMM2EVGeU

Can we please change the topic title to match the whole SSMB is now his "Merry Little Hate Club" line?

When did people start saying that they hated this guy? I thought that people were disagreeing with this dude as opposed to going around saying they hate him?

Even in the screen grab he posts, it's of the OP who actually agrees with a lot of his stuff and sounds positive if you ask me... so where exactly did this come from?

I most certainly don't hate him. I just don't really agree with most of his points. That's it.

And I don't think anyone here on SSMB outright hates him either.

When did people start saying that they hated this guy? I thought that people were disagreeing with this dude as opposed to going around saying they hate him?

Even in the screen grab he posts, it's of the OP who actually agrees with a lot of his stuff and sounds positive if you ask me... so where exactly did this come from?

When you read most of the early posts it's mostly people saying how much they disagree or in worse cases shooting down Roger himself, rather than simply discussing their own views.

It was less about open discussion and more about pointing out why Roger was "wrong", to a rather negative extent I might add, much more than I've seen when concerning people who are active members here.

• Thumbs Up 1

At the risk of being called out upon, I really don't hate Roger. I just don't think too fondly of his works, is all. Sonic Dissected's overall presentation just comes across a wee bit too condescending for my liking.

By the way, this is not just due to our conflicting opinions of the Modern Sonic games.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm not sure it's fair to construe "I don't like this man's material" as "I hate his guts," just as it's not fair to use a minority of people to represent an entire faction. I was neutral towards this guy before, but this whole thing is too silly for my taste. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright, who's smart aleck idea was it to go and try and demonize SSMB as the "we hate Roger site"? Because it's really getting absurd and annoying.

And the discriminatory generalizations of us supposedly hating the guy's guts when we merely disagree with him, can be done without, thank you very much.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think he has some very interesting views on some of the games in the franchise. They may not be ones that I agree with, but they're still interesting and constructive opinions.

Alright, who's smart aleck idea was it to go and try and demonize SSMB as the "we hate Roger site"? Because it's really getting absurd and annoying.

And the discriminatory generalizations of us supposedly hating the guy's guts when we merely disagree with him, can be done without, thank you very much.

I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm, he does that a lot. No need to take such bold statements with such a straight face, especially since he has joined the discussion here already.

• Thumbs Up 1

He wasn't the slightest serious about us being a "hate club", I think he would have expressed some offense if he was.

Not too sure about using such early videos as in the OP, do these still  really represent the creators opinions in an accurate sense?

Regardless, I do hear these talked about as if they're so amazing sometimes, I often read those same sort of opinions on SSMB or Sonic Stadium.

That said I agree on the stance on the Babylon Rogues, they're largely jerk versions of Sonic, Tails and Knuckles, their other personality traits feel so minor in comparison.

well some of the post were say how Rodger is "ignorent" for his opinions and because he likes Sonic Adventure 2 better then the storybook games. (look at how everyone react one of the post saying she distroy Rodger)

but then again i think he was kidding haha

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm, he does that a lot. No need to take such bold statements with such a straight face, especially since he has joined the discussion here already.

Shame he can't portray sarcasm that well. Otherwise there'd actually be certainty in that notion.

Don't know.  Probably some jerkoff trying to stir up trouble... for the lulz.

Anywayz,

It appears that Roger has taken criticisms about his videos to heart and will try better to explain his points and ideas without sounding so condescending.  Something I can greatly get behind.  This is easily my favorite of his "dissected" vids so far.  Hopefully, what Roger has learned will stick in future vids.

Note: That phase "thank you very much" at the end of  a sentence.  That's always been a pet peeve of mine.  No seriously, I HATE THAT PHRASE! And I've never used it myself for a reason.  I just always found it to be incredibly immature and annoying.  And also it has the tendency to come after something someone says after something so blatantly wrong but said person believes it so heavily.

• Thumbs Up 1

In such a case I'll retract my statement. Big assumptions are a pet peeve of mine, but I'll apologize for getting a bit ruffled over this non-case.

I remain cautiously skeptical, but I do like the sound of him possibly finally taking in criticism. Either way, the "hate club" comment was unnecessary at best, or another unfortunate failure to be funny at worst.

That said, this Dissected video, aside from the insufferable "hate club" comment was something of an acknowledgement.

Funnily enough, I posted on that video about how it seems like misrepresentation to call us a hate club, and he had this to say:

Roger van der Weide
It's just me being cute.
Feel free to translate it to "Gathering of gentlemen and ladies with opposing opinions and objections to my argumentation structure" if you prefer.

Unfortunately I deleted my original comment so you guys aren't going to see it in the actual youtube video (Don't ask why I deleted it, because I'm not sure either), but I do have the email leftover.

Early comments in the forum were certainly bitter towards Roger, so I wouldn't blame him to joke about us being his "merry little hate club".

I mean, the guy came on here himself and none of you went vitriolic on him, but put yourself in his place and imagine reading this topic. No doubt some of you would feel the same way. I know I would.

Although I'm glad he acknowledged us. Shows how much of a voice we have.

• Thumbs Up 5

When you read most of the early posts it's mostly people saying how much they disagree or in worse cases shooting down Roger himself, rather than simply discussing their views.

It was less about open discussion and more about pointing out why Roger was "wrong", to a rather negative extent I might add, much more than I've seen when concerning people who are active members here.

I think people are missing the point that the whole purpose of the topic is to dissect the specific opinions of Roger versus answering personally to an open-ended question as is the case for most other topics. We're supposed to watch and comment directly on what we just saw, and people are free to point out conceived biases, faults, and disagreements as part of that. If we're supposed to be talking about the specific points raised in the videos in general like any other topic, then we should redefine the entire thread altogether.

• Thumbs Up 6

I thought pointing out biases, faults, and disagreements were the stuff we always did along with discussing the specific points like we do any other topic. =/

It seemed clear in the OP when I read it.

But here it would be the major point of thread, wouldn't it? So that means you'd do it "more" than normally.

But here it would be the major point of thread, wouldn't it? So that means you'd do it "more" than normally.

Yeah, that's...kinda what I was saying. But that it's no different from any other topic we do it on.

I think people are missing the point that the whole purpose of the topic is to dissect the specific opinions of Roger versus answering personally to an open-ended question as is the case for most other topics. We're supposed to watch and comment directly on what we just saw, and people are free to point out conceived biases, faults, and disagreements as part of that. If we're supposed to be talking about the specific points raised in the videos in general like any other topic, then we should redefine the entire thread altogether.

Ok yeah, fair enough, though I do feel there hasn't been as much discussion regarding those open-ended topics and has instead been mostly focused on said biases and faults.