Awoo.

"Sonic Dissected" Dissected: (LEGO) Sonic Dimensions As You Truly Imagined It

FriendBot

You wanna know what's funny, Eggman never actually betrayed anyone. He kept up his end of the bargain by cutting off the machine, he just simply decided to use the energy for himself and crush Sonic after the deal was over. So really, there was nothing to skeptical about on Sonic & Tails` end if you think about it.

It's really less "Eggman betrays the heroes" and more "Eggman goes right back to business after he holds up his end of the bargain".

• Thumbs Up 3

SLW plot is poorly written and the dialogues are so vague that can be interpreted in many ways.

I agree with that.

I just like to interpret the characterization of Tails the way I described in my "The Hero's Journey" theory and stay positive, that's it.

If you don't feel the same... I won't insist anymore in changing your mind.

Just... don't hate me like you hate SLW!Tails, please 

unsure.png 

You wanna know what's funny, Eggman never actually betrayed anyone. He kept up his end of the bargain by cutting off the machine, he just simply decided to use the energy for himself and crush Sonic after the deal was over. So really, there was nothing to skeptical about on Sonic & Tails` end if you think about it.

It's really less "Eggman betrays the heroes" and more "Eggman goes right back to business after he holds up his end of the bargain".

Eggman was using Sonic's ability to take-out the Zeti in the way in order to accomplish his "Take over the world" bid himself.

Both were acting together in order to prevent the Zeti ruining the planet. Then Eggman goes on to try and do so himself by keeping the planet's life energy to himself, even showing in dialogue that he didn't care about the state of the planet because there was still enough left for him to conquer. In that respect, he is no better than the Zeti themselves.

Eggman never really cared about the state of the planet at all. Hence what he did was ultimately a form of betrayal because his partnership was based on false pretenses.

Eggman was using Sonic's ability to take-out the Zeti in the way in order to accomplish his "Take over the world" bid himself.

Both were acting together in order to prevent the Zeti ruining the planet. Then Eggman goes on to try and do so himself by keeping the planet's life energy to himself, even showing in dialogue that he didn't care about the state of the planet because there was still enough left for him to conquer. In that respect, he is no better than the Zeti themselves.

Eggman never really cared about the state of the planet at all. Hence what he did was ultimately a form of betrayal because his partnership was based on false pretenses.

Eggman simply promised the shut off the machine if Sonic managed to beat the Zeti, his motives had absolutely nothing to do with anything because Eggman still kept up his end of the bargain regardless. False Pretenses would be Eggman lying which he never did, at all. So therefore, Eggman never violated the terms that he and Sonic made, which I described in the first sentence. Therefore, Eggman did not betray anyone.

Eggman simply promised the shut off the machine if Sonic managed to beat the Zeti, his motives had absolutely nothing to do with anything because Eggman still kept up his end of the bargain regardless. False Pretenses would be Eggman lying which he never did, at all. So therefore, Eggman never violated the terms that he and Sonic made, which I described in the first sentence. Therefore, Eggman did not betray anyone.

But he still took all of it's energy for himself. Eggman joined with Sonic with the intention of stopping the Zeti from abusing his energy extractor so that the planet wouldn't be sucked dry of it's life. Yet it's obvious that he didn't care about anything except dominating that planet and was largely uncaring about the state it had been left in. So his partnership was less about stopping the disaster and more about exploiting it to serve his own ends.

Dude...while it wasn't said outright, in an agreement to put differences aside to stop something terrible from happening, it's fair to assume that one party won't go through with it just to use the opportunity to further an evil plan. I mean, in this specific case, there's no way Sonic and Tails didn't see it coming, but...it's still a betrayal, technically. It's at least a jerk move. It being expected doesn't lessen that by any means.

Anyway, I do think Tails should have apologized at the end, too, but that's...basically the only thing I'd change about that particular part of the story. The endgame in general was pretty weak.

It really makes me think the story side of things has a limited budget (either SEGA's money troubles, or simply executive decision, who knows?), so even when the people telling the story want to try something more interesting, they're held back in terms of how much money can go into cutscenes. This is most noticeable with Unleashed and Lost World, but you can see it in Generations too if you think about it. That game was probably intended to be pure Excuse Plot from the start, but I've always felt like they wanted to at least do more fanservice-y scenes like the one after Chemical Plant (see: referencing the general fear of the water sections a lot of fans had as kids) but didn't have the means to do so.

Of course, this doesn't render criticism of the stories moot, that's not what I'm saying, but it's my theory for what's going down at Sonic Team when it comes to stories the past few years.

But he still took all of it's energy for himself. Eggman joined with Sonic with the intention of stopping the Zeti from abusing his energy extractor so that the planet wouldn't be sucked dry of it's life. Yet it's obvious that he didn't care about anything except dominating that planet and was largely uncaring about the state it had been left in. So his partnership was less about stopping the disaster and more about exploiting it to serve his own ends.

Yes, you're right about all of this. But Eggman was already extracting the planet's energy for himself before he ever teamed up with Sonic in the first place; sure, he said he said he never wanted to suck the planet dry like the Zeti intended to, but he was clearly going to use the energy for himself regardless. When the Zeti betrayed Eggman and wanted to use the energy to empower themselves, Eggman made an offer that was beneficial to both him and Sonic; Sonic wanted to save the world, but Eggman simply wanted to take care of the Zeti so he could continue his plans. 

So once again, Eggman upholds his end of the bargain by shutting down the machine. Afterward, he simply continues what he was planning on doing in the first place, using the energy for himself. 

There would only be a betrayal if Eggman tried to violate the terms by not shutting down the machine, or trying to coerce Sonic into something by using that as a fact, which he never does at any point.

Dude...while it wasn't said outright, in an agreement to put differences aside to stop something terrible from happening, it's fair to assume that one party won't go through with it just to use the opportunity to further an evil plan. I mean, in this specific case, there's no way Sonic and Tails didn't see it coming, but...it's still a betrayal, technically. It's at least a jerk move. It being expected doesn't lessen that by any means.

I'm not saying Eggman wasn't being a dick by doing what he did, he is Eggman after all. I'm just saying that Eggman never violated the terms of agreement and thus, never betrayed anyone's trust. Like you said, everyone expected Eggman to go back to being the villain, which he did he just never went against his word is all I'm saying.

And even so, Tails` earlier attitude is still never acknowledged in that final scene. Sonic apologizes for his behavior( Except he actually tried to fix his problem), but Tails` gets off scott-free because......?

One last disclaimer: I don't defending Tails' bad attitude, at all. In fact, I wanted to punch him myself.

That said, Tails doesn’t say “sorry for being an a**hole” to Sonic in the final cutscene because (in my interpretation):

Tails learned that he was an a**hole and his attitude would have had bad consequences when he was almost killed by Cubot and Sonic severely scolded him.

As poorly as the all thing was written, this is what understood from the story.

Fair enough. I still think it's poor writing that we can't even properly figure out what the intentions the writers had for Tails, it almost feels like there's part of the story that's we're missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...

Well, that's depressing. The only character that finds a sense of normalcy according to Roger is Tails.

Hmm... so I have to wonder if he would consider Freedom Planet to be the reincarnation part of the cycle? :P

EDIT: On second thought, Freedom Planet's more like a young girl who looked upon Sonic's past exploits as a teen/young adult and then took inspiration from them... and proceeded to avoid the same mistakes and do them a hundred times better.

The reincarnation part of the cycle would be more like fangames such as Before/After the Sequel, Overture, and Time Twisted.

• 1 month later...

Watching this right now. My God, this is some fantastic stuff. Roger is describing stuff that's been feeling like it's been missing in Sonic for years now.

• 2 months later...

Well, well, well. It's certainly has been a while so might as well get things into order now. I'm probably going to be a bit more critical about the latest episode since some of Roger's thoughts on certain things I personally disagree with. Sorry Rog, you can't always please everyone I guess. *shrugs*

So our latest episode is about good ol' Pontaff and from what we've seen from yesterday, Pontac does not want to talk about Sonic-related stuff anymore due to almost everyone acting very dickish towards them so yeah, thanks Sonic fanboys you make us proud. *sarcastic thumbs up*

But yeah enough of that, moving on.

First off, I don't recall SEGA saying Boom was made to save the main series but as a multimedia marketing push for younger audiences so yeah. Can't really say I agree with this and I don't see how making a Boom version of Sonic Dash mean it's grasping onto the main series' success, can't really understand the logic in that tbh.

So apparently, Luke got captured by Sonic fans who were gangsters. Hmmm, I wonder how those gangsters were? *looks at SSMB* 

So now we got the head honcho's daughter to take his place.

Roger not being mad that Pontaff are back again? Funniest thing I've heard all day.

Actually, those are just clips from the actual show. Heck, I can even name the episodes those are from in the order they come from.

Group: Cowbot

Eggman: Aim Low 

Chief Gogoba: Guilt Tripping

For Shattered Crystal, I can sort of agree that Sanzaru thought the show might be a lighthearted action/adventure show but after realizing, it's a semi-action laidback fun sitcom it seems like Sanzaru added a lot more silly elements in Fire & Ice especially since we see one of the bosses blowing bubbles.

FUCKING BUBBLES! There's your NC reference for today.

As for the adventure aspect, I feel that some episodes did that fine I guess. In episodes like The Curse of Buddy Buddy Temple, where Sonic and Eggman have to work together to get out the temple so there is some aspect of engagement in the more adventure-esque episodes.

This is one thing I completely disagree with entirely when it comes with Roger's view of the show. The Boom TV show is not about detachment whatsoever, this really bothered when I think about it. I am very much invested in the world since the show does have some sort of continuity, not a strong one but it is there so when more episodes come, the more fleshed out the Boom world. I guess it helps since the show is probably at a slightly smaller budget than most CG cartoons nowadays so as Bill said, they had to make do giving the secondary cast new things to do or bring back old locations. 

Like as far I know, Fastidious Beaver is the local librarian due to  his nitpickiness of grammar. Soar the Eagle is not only a motivational speaker but also a news reporter. Comedy Chimp is a pretty good example of this since he has his own talk show, is a movie actor and also his own comic book *look at the comic in Closed Door Policy to see this*

Also Meh Burger is becoming quite a reoccurring location along with the Boom character's homes so that's a good plus as well.

The show is a sitcom without a doubt but Bill and the other show executives know that the Sonic characters are also action heroes so there's a good amount of action scenes. It really bothers me when Roger says this show is like what an elder lady would think Sonic is about since that's really not the not case, AT ALL!

Also showing some of the clips and misinterpreting them doesn't help either. Like with Sonic at the hammock, he tries to relax and then he's immediately bored kind of like what Sonic would act like.....again, it's stuff like that really does bother me since it's misleading viewers on what the show really is about.

Roger no, Swiftly is nothing but massive tryhard in coolness and he's outdated as fuck. No seriously, duderino broguy. I can not bring myself to give him any positive points since he's annoying as fuck. Sonic can be cool without being ridiculous about it, he has energy and be silly at the same time.

I don't think elder people would eat burgers, I don't see what's wrong when a couple of teens hang out at a burger store and just have fun.

Though I can agree that Pontaff does seem to focus on negative detachment based on their resumes and I also agree that Pontaff does seem to focus more on the character being all bunch of wise guys in SC though I wonder what Tin Guerrero added to the story or script as well since he also had a part in it as well.

Question: How is Sonic Boom a parody on classic Sonic?

Because Cubot made a joke in show that the idea of collecting rings as fast as you can sounds terrible? That was more of a tongue-in-cheek than actual parody really, the only parody I can recall that's Boom-related is the comic since the characters are self-aware they're in a comic and Ian Flynn makes a bunch of silly jokes based on tropes in comics but never really about the series itself. So again, I don't see where Roger's coming from here. :/

Though it seems like Roger seems to hit the nail when it comes to why people don't like Pontaff's writing. Pontaff's style is about detaching yourself from the game/show and since Sonic before Pontaff was pretty invested in its world and embraces its over-the-top, wacky but badass fun, it's going to rub fans in the wrong way. So major plus point for Roger.

Hey, Roger also agree that SC's Boom Shadow is pretty in-character hooray I'm not the only one! Though I can't really agree that in the prequel comic, that Shadow's in Pontaff mode since Ian wrote it and Shadow has only like 2 lines of dialogue in it. And you can interpret the line "You need an army for that?" in many ways really, he could sarcastic or being genuine about it but whatever I guess.

So now they start the list.

1. Mind control will be incorporated in the story

This has been quite a reoccurring thing since Unleashed though I don't recall Black Knight, Free Riders, Generations or Rise of Lyric made use of it soooo yeah. And after seeing the plot synopsis for F&I, I can't really see this being used but if it happens, not surprising I guess. 

I really wasn't used as a dramatic moment in the games really but when the Boom TV show did it, it was hilariously amazing. "Actually, I'm a evil mastermind of average intelligence"

2. Character development for Amy

Roger goes on in some detail about Amy in Pontaff, Colors DS and Gens she was pretty much anime-esque fangirl but it seems like that's her only personality trait in those games and never go anywhere with her then. Atleast in games like 06 and Unleashed, she wasn't acting fangirl all the time and behaved like an actual being as well.

Lost World did sort of drop that fangirl aspect of her character and she does become a lot more tame, I guess atleast it's nice to see her interact with Sonic normally for once and also she acknowledges that both Sonic AND Tails will save the day, so another plus point there I guess and she did had a purpose in representing danger back home so yeah.

Roger does seem to have a point in making Amy a lot more "badass" in SC since she didn't do a whole lot in the previous games but again since she's a damsel in distress in the game, she wasn't really in distress and more mildly annoyed about her capture. Also how she got captured was pretty stupid, who talks to someone during a fight atleast Chronicles did it humorously.

And then I back to defending Boom Amy in the show since again, I disagree with Roger here completely.

Boom Knux does have a lot of jokes going for him but he isn't just the "stupid jokes" guy. Most of the jokes I personally enjoyed out of him weren't because he was stupid but more because he thinks of himself as the awesome person ever(the dream sequence in Dude, Where's My Eggman), trashtalks Sonic to make himself look better( Don't Judge Me) or has really sick burns (That's not singing. That's when I put bagpipes into a woodchipper from Sleeping Giant). Most of his better jokes come from him just being silly and I guess it helps Travis really does deliver the lines really well.

Sticks is I'm more inbetween with Roger's view. Most of her jokes does come from her paranoia but I feel the better jokes come from when the fact she wasn't educated due to living in the wild on her own (the joke from the second episode) or makes a pretty ironic joke which helps prove that you can't tell what Sticks will say or do (They all laughed when I said robots will attack. Who's laughing now? Sonic: You? What're you talking about? This isn't funny. You have a sick sense of humor)

I'll also add that Eggman does generate a lot of jokes as well since he's the evil manchild scientist.

Considering the show is a sitcom, it makes sense if most of the character's personalities are based on the situation.

Amy in the show is the more caring and level-headed of the group, always trying to be reasonable and find a logical solution to a problem though she doesn't mind if she has has to bring a hammer to a robo-fight. Also a point that Roger seems to missed is that she has a quite a diverse artistic side as well, in the show so far we've seen her being a room decorator, a painter, sculptor and creative rope-tying and she's going to start her own restaurant as well so yeah, quite surprised that this aspect went over Roger's head.

Then again, it doesn't really help the cutscenes have no music in SC to give some sort of energy in the scene but hey, cheap handheld game is cheap.

I don't recall Sonic and Tails going into a comedic explanation routine in SC a whole lot so it is kind of downplayed a bit comapring to Colors, where every "comedic" scene is an explanation routine.

The show does show off a bit of Amy and Sticks friendship, Amy's willing to help out Sticks in any of her problems and vice versa though I guess the episodes we've seen so far haven't shown much of this yet. 

Yeah, no Roger. TV Boom Amy is not some sort of soccermom, just no man, no. Like really, no.

4. Light satire will be explained in great detail

I'm pretty sure the show is clever enough to have satire in it but hey, opinions.

Well Bill did voice CC so it's pretty obvious that he'll popular.

I don't recall people like Webber saying that F&I will have any character development sooooo.......

The show has a loose continuity, characters/episodes referencing past events and other characters and stuff like that. Though yeah, every medium of Boom is its own thing.

And actually Roger, it's D-Fekt.

3. Shadow and Metal will appear in some way

Meh, could be a possibility but I don't see it happening reading the plot synopsis so yeah.

4. Pun on D-Fekt

Seems a pretty obvious joke to make tbh so no surprise here, if it does happen.

5. Underwhelming conclusion

I don't think anything really epic will happen since Boom is fairly lighthearted but I guess something sort of badass/epic happening would be nice, I guess. 

I don't think the team-up will be like Lost World since the 2 team-up pretty early in the game in the synopsis it really sounds like something like Unleashed happening except D-Fekt will probably have have too much non-Ragnium junk and then he goes beserk, so yeah I'm going with an endgame sort of deal.

Yeah, anyone else find Roger's quips on Pontaff pretty annoying....

6. Dark and visual imagery will be played for laughs

Might happen and won't be surprised if it goes nowhere.

7. The Rival bots will be forced into the plot 

The synopsis doesn't seem to implicate this since Eggman's main reason to find Ragnium using D-Fekt is to create robots to troll him into thinking he's not the fastest and then D-Fekt will go beserk at the end. But again, people will doubt it because Pontaff so whatever.

8. Fire and Ice powers will have no explanation

Well it seems like Eggman mining the Ragnium will probably might have something to do with the Boom team getting fire/ice powers according to the synopsis but again, no surprise if there is none.

Looks like someone just got https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i6rFjNQUwE.

Also Roger clarifies that if his predictions are overshot, then he'll do a positive parody on Fire & Ice since him making bitter parodies isn't helping anyone, which is a sigh of relief for me since I despised his Shattered Crystal parody because of how bitter it was.

So yeah, that's it from me. What do you guys think about Roger's predictions on Fire & Ice and do you have any additional predictions to add as well? Discuss as always and remember don't be too cynical about it.

Edited by Puli Soni
  • Thumbs Up 3

I think you have misinterpreted a lot of what Roger is trying to say.

The detachment thing would be from the adventure, its never taken straight which means that you realy cant get into whats going on. As for places that continuesly comes back will only make you attached to the enviroment. So i guess if you like Meh burger that much, good for you. Thats not realy why you would normaly watch anything related to sonic though. And yeah, a world exists, but not much progress of this world happens. nothing is realy explained about it or explored. For example, it would have been nice if we got some story on why a buddy buddy temple existed in the first place. is there some kind of civilasation that built it and so on. Ofcourse Boom resets the world after every episode so this would be pointless.

As for swifty, Roger talked about the atmosphere when he showed up, not the character itself. I find it funny though that you dont like him. he is actualy supposed to represent sonic from the 90:s ( he is a poor portrayal though ). So he isnt realy trying to hard to be cool, thats a bad stereotype of the 90:s where being cool and doing stuff was important. The thing Roger mentioned however was how things started to happen as he showed up. people starting to cheer, special effects had more focus and energy was brought into the scenes. Hell, eggman finaly had a goal again ( though ofcourse it was mocked ).

• Thumbs Up 1

I feel like that's a lot of words to write in defense of a handheld Sonic game that isn't out yet, or really anything Sonic related that's so recent.

I think you have misinterpreted a lot of what Roger is trying to say.

The detachment thing would be from the adventure, its never taken straight which means that you realy cant get into whats going on. As for places that continuesly comes back will only make you attached to the enviroment. So i guess if you like Meh burger that much, good for you. Thats not realy why you would normaly watch anything related to sonic though. And yeah, a world exists, but not much progress of this world happens. nothing is realy explained about it or explored. For example, it would have been nice if we got some story on why a buddy buddy temple existed in the first place. is there some kind of civilasation that built it and so on. Ofcourse Boom resets the world after every episode so this would be pointless.

As for swifty, Roger talked about the atmosphere when he showed up, not the character itself. I find it funny though that you dont like him. he is actualy supposed to represent sonic from the 90:s ( he is a poor portrayal though ). So he isnt realy trying to hard to be cool, thats a bad stereotype of the 90:s where being cool and doing stuff was important. The thing Roger mentioned however was how things started to happen as he showed up. people starting to cheer, special effects had more focus and energy was brought into the scenes. Hell, eggman finaly had a goal again ( though ofcourse it was mocked ).

When you say it that way, you're kind of right. I might've been a bit too bitter about this episode, so yeah kind of dun goofed there.

Well Boom isn't really an adventure show but a sitcom, a nicely done one at that as well. There were some adventure-esque episodes like The Curse of Buddy Buddy Temple and the show does have some references to past episodes, Eggman Unplugged is a fine example of this but yeah, I can see where you're coming from. Do we really need context onto why a temple is there? I can understand why context is needed in some things but I don't see why we need a reason why a temple exists really. 

That's a thing I've been noticing this trend alot nowadays especially since Lost World, everyone seems to need some sort of reason why everything happens in Sonic media nowadays. Like I can understand why we would need context for levels like Desert Ruins Zones 2 and 3 but do I really need the game to tell me a reason why Windy Hill Zone 3 takes place in a tunnel and can't make up my own interpretations?

The Boom cartoon does have its small bits of lore like Amy explaining that the Rock Giants have been around since the time of the Ancients.

Yeah, I guess I was in a bad mood when I was writing that stuff up so again, apologies for the massive amount of salt I wrote.

I did get that Swiftly was suppose to represent the 90s coolness and while I'm still not that fond of him, I don't despise him like I did back then.

People started cheering before Blue with Envy, they cheered for Sonic at the end of Don't Judge Me.

I still don't really understand some of the criticism people are giving the show for. The show is a sitcom first off, so I don't expect it to have a deep story or a whole lot of tension or drama though that would be a nice addition. The show delivers a lot of nice jokes and is written pretty well, the characters are a lot more laidback than they were in the main series but I don't see this as a problem really, the show's just entertaining, campy and fun and that's all I need from it.

I can't believe how bitter he is about this, its rather funny.

LOL I know man, I'll be honest when I think about it know it is pretty hilarious how butthurt I got. I still have my disagreements with some of Roger's points but yeah, my tone wasn't really needed for it so yeah, feel free to call me out. XD

I feel like that's a lot of words to write in defense of a handheld Sonic game that isn't out yet, or really anything Sonic related that's so recent.

Well most of it was about the Boom TV show and since 30+ episodes are out now and it's been around for a while so I do have quite a lot things to say about it. Fire & Ice, I was just skimming through some of the points he made really. But I did have my fair share of talking about Shattered Crystal so yeah, might've cut some fat from it but that's too much effort. :P

Also thanks for posting here guys even if it's just to call me out, it helps so yeah feel free to post your thoughts on the episode or on my thoughts!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's the third one in that series.

Seems like good points here and there. And funny thing is that that video segways into this video.

Seems like some discussions here have influenced the points these videos make.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can agree with Roger that the Metal Sonic episode was a bit over the place, Metal's appearance did came out of nowhere and the last horseshoe joke didn't hit me as hard it the ol' Harrison wanted it to be even if it was satirical take on it, it didn't have as much energy as it needed for it work.

But if there's one thing that makes it kind of off-putting for me to watch Roger's Boom dissected videos, it's that I really don't like how Roger looks at Sonic as an overly-tired "grandpa", like whenever Sonic is in his "done" look, it's pretty hilarious but does that mean Sonic wants to sleep all the time? I don't think so. Maybe he has a point and I'm not really getting it but I just don't how he approached it.

I also said that Shadow in the episode felt a bit lacking in terms of character traits but I still found him decent. So I agree wit Roger on his thoughts on him as well to some extent.

And overall, I can agree with some points with what Roger says in the 3-parter Boom-ssecteds but how I look at the show and how he looks at it are quite different. I can agree the Boom world is a lot more mundane than the main series but I can't really say that's a bad thing but I'm sure Roger can agree to that as well but I can only recall some of the things that rubbed me the wrong way at the moment. 

I guess Roger is being a bit too critical and bitter about Boom even though he does find it enjoyable but I do agree with him but not entirely. Boom could use a nice injection of energy even though Boom kind of has an energy (a comedic one rather than action) but I guess since Season 1 was done in advance before OuiDo could animate them so I'm pretty sure Season 1 did have the excuse to be a bit experimental with things, like what the writers can and can not do, refine those that work and a bit more to it for Season 2.

At this point, I'm just talking things so I'll just say, that Secret Rings dissected was a good one and now I feel more mixed about that game's gameplay rather than a negative one.

• 1 month later...
On 12/31/2015 at 2:55 PM, Mikyeong said:

not sure if part of the series but this was actually pretty good that he just did 2 days ago

While it's not necessarily a Sonic Dissected video, I'd say there's still something that Roger had shown that could've made Adventure's story a lot better. I mean, first off that entire Chao massacre scene was actually perfect and it would've actually complimented the story quite well. I mean, I guess it kind of shows that Sonic Team weren't sure if they can go too grim with the series, I mean stuff like how the people were safe before Perfect Chaos attacked or before the Eclipse Cannon blew up the White House in one ending in Shadow but they SOMEHOW managed to save everyone, it kind of kills the intensity of the situation since Sonic Team had doubts on whether to take it that far, it's like they chickened out and toned it down.

I mean, if media like KUNG FU FUCKING PANDA can still be quirky and silly but still tell tragic, grim and dark stories as well. Sonic Team should have no reason to tone things down, go all out or not.

Might've gone off tangent there but that's nothing new. You have filled me with DETERMINATION, @Roger_van_der_weide. (Undertale dissected when? :P)

• Thumbs Up 1