Awoo.

"Sonic Dissected" Dissected: (LEGO) Sonic Dimensions As You Truly Imagined It

FriendBot

15 minutes ago, Roger_van_der_weide said:

Well, unless I make a full video about all kinds of fan projects and games and make BBFA3 just part of it.

You should definitely try this out. I'd love to see it happen. 

There're plenty of really good Sonic fangames and I find that there just aren't enough videos on them. I'd definitely appreciate it if you made videos based on Sonic fangames. 

• 2 years later...

I do agree with his points on Zavok, and think that Zavok is being over saturated without good reason. Even in something like Archie, he isn’t really developed or salvaged, unlike Silver. 

It was also interesting to find that he was hyped for the movie when the poster got revealed, because it seems like a break from the “meta-party” of Mania.

On 1/31/2019 at 2:33 PM, Miragnarok said:

I do agree with his points on Zavok, and think that Zavok is being over saturated without good reason. Even in something like Archie, he isn’t really developed or salvaged, unlike Silver. 

Pretty much. They needed to start putting him and/or better yet, some of the other Zeti, into things that actually uses their characters in good, interesting/constructive ways.

What do think about the Metropolis point, btw?

On 1/31/2019 at 2:33 PM, Miragnarok said:

It was also interesting to find that he was hyped for the movie when the poster got revealed, because it seems like a break from the “meta-party” of Mania.

Really now? I didn't catch that, though I don't actually think much about the movie normally anyway.

14 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

wheres the video?

...Okay, I have no idea what happened there. Especially given that Miracle Matter clearly saw it.

Here it is again.

Interesting video

I sort of agree with the idea of character story being at odds with gameplay usage, but I would argue in a few other series and particularly with sonic the story half of that chart they used is split into two parts.

How they are being used in the story now

The lore of the character

Because that's where the at odds thing is coming for with the older characters. Tails for example was him being a support character doesn't conflict with who he is, however how he is used currently does conflict with that. That requires some level of competence , and sonic team for whatever reason tend to either nowadays either sort of downplay that sort of thing or sometimes he just vanishes from the story and just nothing gets done. Sometimes he gets to show he's science man, but not competently enough in which it does not conflict in what he's supposed to be.

I mean we could also get into how him being smart doesn't satisfy people who didn't give a shit about any of that and just wanna play as tails, but another conversation all together .

And shadow similar issue but a bit different. He isn't used as a boss much, only one time in a main line game. More so the issue is that they keep using the he's sonic rival thing, but whenever he shows up in a main line game and its actually him. He seems to have no beef with sonic what's so ever, sega knows this and makes excuses for it. The issue with shadow is simply they didn't want to commit to other playable guys until recently , and they wanted him around. And having him around in an antagonistic role conflicts to who he is and was as a character.Also to give sonic boom some credit because he's off handily referencing it, sonic boom shadow isn't the same shadow so as bad it is , its own thing.

The knuckles is nothing joke was sad and true though

But I bring all this up because I think these issues are a much different issue with zavok and explains why they use zavok like they do. Simply put, I don't think most people know or give a shit about the zeti , or like them enough to care about their story and sega knows that. And because of all that they useful for them as sot of disposable villains, so my issue isn't that they aren't sticking true to the zeti lore. Because if i'm being honest to myself, I couldn't care less about what the zeti are or were or the lost hex or whatever and I think most people don't either. The issue is that I don't care, They annoy me when I see them I would rather they use other characters.  Caring about how they are used is an across the bridge problem, that's a level 2 problem. We aren't there yet, the issue we have now is getting people to give enough of a shit about them to even care about the level 2 problem. Because zavok got a lot of hate for being included in team racing , not because he's on eggmans team... because no one gave a shit.

As bad as infinite was people were expecting infinite to be in that game, or chaos or something , but they got zavok. And it wasn't met with " Yeah that makes sense " it was met with " Who? Why? and Stop trying to make zavok happen " . Rodger is being generous by even assuming that the general audience cares about zavok enough to care that he's being used improperly. They just don't give a shit about zavok. And they need to reintroduce these characters in an endearing fashion to have people care about that second part.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

But I bring all this up because I think these issues are a much different issue with zavok and explains why they use zavok like they do. Simply put, I don't think most people know or give a shit about the zeti , or like them enough to care about their story and sega knows that. And because of all that they useful for them as sot of disposable villains, so my issue isn't that they aren't sticking true to the zeti lore. Because if i'm being honest to myself, I couldn't care less about what the zeti are or were or the lost hex or whatever and I think most people don't either. The issue is that I don't care, They annoy me when I see them I would rather they use other characters.  Caring about how they are used is an across the bridge problem, that's a level 2 problem. We aren't there yet, the issue we have now is getting people to give enough of a shit about them to even care about the level 2 problem. Because zavok got a lot of hate for being included in team racing , not because he's on eggmans team... because no one gave a shit.

As bad as infinite was people were expecting infinite to be in that game, or chaos or something , but they got zavok. And it wasn't met with " Yeah that makes sense " it was met with " Who? Why? and Stop trying to make zavok happen " . Rodger is being generous by even assuming that the general audience cares about zavok enough to care that he's being used improperly. They just don't give a shit about zavok. And they need to reintroduce these characters in an endearing fashion to have people care about that second part.

Honestly, I think it's halfway between those: SEGA keeps using Zavok in things seemingly expecting people to care, but in addition to something resembling baseline for what his character should be not being utilized, they aren't really doing much of substance to show people why they should care.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/2/2019 at 10:23 AM, DabigRG said:

Pretty much. They needed to start putting him and/or better yet, some of the other Zeti, into things that actually uses their characters in good, interesting/constructive ways.

What do think about the Metropolis point, btw?

Really now? I didn't catch that, though I don't actually think much about the movie normally anyway.

I think the metropolis one is entirely plausible. Given how Lost World was lacking in urban areas...  

Maybe there was even meant to be a seventh Zeti?

5 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

I think the metropolis one is entirely plausible. Given how Lost World was lacking in urban areas...  

Yeah, that plus the fact that every one except Zazz has a color correlating to one locale of the Hex.

Mind you, the Zeti/Oni are creatures of folklore not exactly known for their civilization thus far, but still.

5 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

Maybe there was even meant to be a seventh Zeti?

That's a thought I wandered across and have since considered a number of things as well.

Given Master Zik's stated retirement and vague allusions from Zavok & Zomom as well as debatably Eggman, on top of both the English and later Japanese version of the Zeti's group names, I still have to wonder if there is indeed at least one other Zeti connected to the group.

• Fist Bump 1

• 4 months later...

So I've been going through these very recently and observing some of these guys thoughts & points about the series over the years.

While there are a few things here & there that I disagree with or don't really care about, most of these videos do bring up some interesting points and sometimes in ways you wouldn't really think about. I currently finishing up this one in particular

The points about Elise(a character who seldom gets any thought beyond "she's just bad"), the associated appeal between genders, and demographic differences between protagonists were very illuminating.

• Thumbs Up 1