Awoo.

Wii U discussion and upcoming news

Sean

Because they earn a lot of money through accessories. Same reason Vita memory cards exist and are so expensive.

I really hate that controllers cost as much as a new game, though. I got lucky with Wii Remotes, as I got two with my Wii U, but I've been stuck with a Sixaxis and a 3rd Party controller for my PS3 for a while and it kind of blows.  I don't even have an Classic Controllers for the Wii (Makes Brawl on the Wii U hell) and I still need to get a Pro Controller for when MK8 (Though I guess it's not all that needed for that) and Smash 4 are released.

See? They know we need them and make us pay for that. laugh.png

For what it's worth I wasn't arguing whether or not the Wii Remotes are good or not, I was arguing that they aren't Wii U controllers. They were made for the Wii and that makes them Wii Controllers to me. The DualShock 1 worked on the PS2 and on some PS2 games, but it was still a PS1 controller.

Oh, and Wii Remotes are $20? What the hell. We pay 40€. And another 20€ for the Nunchuk.

Wii Remote Plus was rarely used on the original Wii. Like I said, the current state of Wii Remote is a huge difference than they were in 2006. The boxes themselves right now are branded "WII U", feature completely different styled silicone covers, change of backplate, calculate motion realistically, and offers a new wrist connector.  To me it's as if Sony made a Dualshock 2, but didn't bother renaming it. Having the upgraded buttons/etc by still retaining the original Dualshock name.

Also, the difference being illustrated with the Gamepad are far greater with the Wii Remotes. The Wii Remote Plus is limiting in some ways while the Gamepad is limiting in other ways. NintendoLand for example showed a great example out of this and so did Wii Party U. I know some people in this thread are asking for the Wii U Pro Controller to shine, but there hasn't been that many areas for it to do so. What can you do with the Wii U Pro Controller that the gamepad can't? Well... nothing. It's actually a limitation and is a reason why some games don't even support it.

To me, the Wii U Pro Controller is a "multiplayer" controller. It's going to be used in Mario Kart 8. It's going to be used in Smash Brothers. It's going to be used in Call of Duty 3310. It's going to be used in Bayonetta 2. It's going to be used in Zelda. It's just that the Gamepad offers so much more functionality and the Wii Remote Plus excels in what the Gamepad doesn't which allows them to intertwine. The Pro Controller is a "nerfed" Gamepad and only excels in the same areas, not different ones.

Oh, there's also the huge plus that you don't need to spend $200 on upgrading your controllers.

Because they earn a lot of money through accessories. Same reason Vita memory cards exist and are so expensive.

I really hate that controllers cost as much as a new game, though. I got lucky with Wii Remotes, as I got two with my Wii U, but I've been stuck with a Sixaxis and a 3rd Party controller for my PS3 for a while and it kind of blows.  I don't even have an Classic Controllers for the Wii (Makes Brawl on the Wii U hell) and I still need to get a Pro Controller for when MK8 (Though I guess it's not all that needed for that) and Smash 4 are released.

See? They know we need them and make us pay for that. laugh.png

Yeah, call me a cheapskate but it really doesn't seem worth it to pay so much for these things half the time. I mean, I do have people who would be willing to play with me but they're over at my house so little that the pay off doesn't seem very high.

Buy them on sale. Wii U Pro Controller went on sale constantly at the price of below $30. The Wii Remote + Nunchuk combo can be found on the Nintendo store for $20.

Could be either another 3DS model or a new Wii U model with more of that amazing flash memory everyone likes.

Actualy its been suggested that its a search engine redirect, possibly leftover from previous years

Most likely the Quality of Life Health platform. They did say they were going to talk more about it at E3.

I take GoNintendo news with a grain of salt. Aren't they banned on GAF?

GoNintendo is a trustworthy news source with very honest people on the helm. I don't know where you Gaffers get your mistrust of them.

Because GN would totally drum up something like that.

They're good people, and realitively decent overall, however they have a small staff, so arent always as thorough as they could be, and they tend to use a realitively wide sweep, so they occasionaly pick up bad intel, but overall they are a good place, and its that wide sweep that makes them extremely useful for keeeping up with info rather than combing a dozen sites yourself

Furthermore, Go Nintendo has, in the past, erroneously reported rumours and information, adding inaccurate conjecture to reports that further complicates the matter. We end up with people not only posting threads based on dumb rumours from unreliable nonsense sources, but ones that could have been easily discredited prior to posting. Or, in worst case examples, the report itself misinterprets the rumour, leading to completely inaccurate 'news'.

This shouldn't be taken as an attack against Go Nintendo. RawMeatCowboy posts here, and is welcome to. His website is an excellent source for all things related to Nintendo. But because of clashes between Go Nintendo reports and GAF's expectations of rumour and news validity, the website was banned. We don't allow 'Chartz for slightly similar inaccuracy reasons.

I'll wait for something from a more reputable source. GN isn't known for hard accuracy. I think I recall them "leaking" a YouTube description/code that ended up being full of shit?

No offense to them, but I'll remain skeptical until I see more.

I'll wait for something from a more reputable source. GN isn't known for hard accuracy. I think I recall them "leaking" a YouTube description/code that ended up being full of shit?

Well this source did exist considering it was on the E3 site, and even then it's gone now, so there isn't much to wait for.

Oh that I can totaly understand, I dont repost from there myself without checking their sources first, unless its a post of a tweet or something extremely reliable

Fact is, its smart to double check an article's source before reposting it, thats a basic rule of posting on  the internet

Also this code is just metadata, it means nothing, it also has the wii at E3 in it, which hasnt happened since 2012 at the most recent

Yeah, no shit. That's precisely why I'm saying I'm skeptical. Jesus. 

You said Gonintendo news before you said rumor you know. 

• Thumbs Up 1

You said Gonintendo news before you said rumor you know. 

... Are we really going to debate semantics here? 

Fine then, I take GoNintendo articles with a grain of salt. Happy?