Awoo.

Wii U discussion and upcoming news

Sean

You said Gonintendo news before you said rumor you know. 

annnnnnd.......?

If it was a factual article with legitimate sources, even it being GoNintendo wouldn't be a problem.

So if a site he doesn't trust posts a rumor article..... What exactly is the problem?

EDIT: And because I know we're going to bring this up, GAF isn't a legitimate source until info has been verified. Just because I sign up and post a thread about ponies being in smash 4 doesn't make it fact.

... Are we really going to debate semantics here? 

Fine then, I take GoNintendo articles with a grain of salt. Happy?

I am going to debate semantics, because the semantics of your sentence confused me. I point out what doesn't get a point across to me.

And if you posted that, I still would've had the same reaction. XD Articles and news aren't necessarily the same thing, but they don't just involve rumors.

annnnnnd.......?

If it was a factual article with legitimate sources, even it being GoNintendo wouldn't be a problem.

So if a site he doesn't trust posts a rumor article..... What exactly is the problem?

No problem. It's the semantics. His point didn't come across to me as, "I don't trust their rumors." It just came off to me as, "I don't trust the site in general." 

I think differently; go figure.

To expect it to be anything other than the QoL platform is pretty naive. Now it remains to be seen whether they'll actually have much of anything on it or just announce it.

In before Nintendo 3DSi.

To expect it to be anything other than the QoL platform is pretty naive. Now it remains to be seen whether they'll actually have much of anything on it or just announce it.

In before Nintendo 3DSi.

What if they make a 3DS lite instead?

What if they make a 3DS lite instead?

A 3DS Lite is impossible when the original model was already tiny.

Hm.... Did a search and it isn't up there. Anyway, Capcom announced that they are bringing Megaman Battle Network 3 (Both Blue and White Version) to the Wii U Eshop (I have no idea: Why 3 and not the original?). Capcom also says about working with Nintendo to bring other GBA titles to the Wii U Eshop. I'm predicting Castlevania and more Megaman will appear.

Article from IGN:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/28/mega-man-battle-network-3-confirmed-for-wii-u

Gameinformer Article:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/04/28/mega-man-battle-network-3-coming-to-wii-u-virtual-console.aspx

There's a bit more detail about the game here.  It honestly sounds really nice; if I had a Wii U, I'm sure I'd buy it.  Apparently these are the developers behind Fluidity(/Hydroventure): Spin Cycle on the 3DS, and I quite enjoyed that, too.

Both IGN and Videogamer are claiming that Nintendo will show off new hardware at E3. I say, "Not likely."

Coming from the most recent Nintendo Voice Chat podcast...

"We've heard rumors that Nintendo might be showing hardware at E3." - IGN editor Jose Otero

"They're absolutely going to show new hardware this year. No doubt in my mind that something... 'Cause I've heard from multiple people now. I've heard from someone who used to be at Nintendo; I've heard it from somebody on the third-party front." - Peer Schneider 

I want to make it clear that this IGN discussion does not stem from the mention of new hardware that was found in the source code of Nintendo's E3 site. This discussion is from information that IGN's Peer Schneider has heard from various sources. The point about source info find from Nintendo's E3 site is brought up separately at a later point in the discussion.

Nintendo will reveal new hardware at E3, a third-party publishing source has told VideoGamer.com.

Games compatible with the hardware will also be playable at the show, our source says, with the hardware believed to be linked to system specs leaked earlier in the year.

Honestly, this stinks worse than raw fish.

Both IGN and Videogamer are claiming that Nintendo will show off new hardware at E3. I say, "Not likely."

Honestly, this stinks worse than raw fish.

HAHAH, its a bit of ajoke, its all false, I can tell you what happened:

A) the Nintendo E3 site registry find, which was  metadata, not solid truth was found, and so people started mumoring new system, then people refind the fusion rumor which was REPEATEDly proved fake again, and it looped back to an actual news group who took it for truth, and the repeated loops resulted in people thinking that there was actual truth behind it

I'd say it's unlikely unless they show off that QOL thing. If they were however to announce new home hardware intended to replace the Wii U they'd better allow Wii U games to be compatible AND have one hell of a compensation plan for Wii U owners. Seriously though with MK8, smash 4 and Sonic Boom out this year they'd be crazy to try, getting trust back after a stunt like that would be a monumental challenge. 

Wii U got a bit of promotion on the first of tonight's two Coronation Street episodes. One of the child characters Jack has a white Wii U with a stack of games for it. Couldn't see what the game on the top of the stack was, but the older kid looking at them in the scene said "These are all kids games." Well, to be fair, Jack is only 3. 

For those not in the know, Coronation Street is a very popular soap opera, so product placement on a show like this should score them some points. Young Simon's 3DS already makes appearances now and again. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Haha, that's a brilliant bit of product placement!

"These are all kids games!" I lol'd.

Told ya, and not really surprising at all, however I expect there to be a lot of GAMES though XD

While it's probably true, it's coming from the company which flat out denied the existence of the DS Lite a week before unveiling it. New hardware or no though, I'm pretty much expecting to be disappointed by their E3 offerings at this point.

We're getting Zelda, so I won't be particularly disappointed.

Decided to test out the feature that allows you to upload screenshots directly from the Wii U to image sharing sites. (Child Of Light is a beautiful game by the way)

ChildOfLight_WiiU_02.jpg?download=1

ChildOfLight_WiiU_03.jpg?download=1

Wii U got a bit of promotion on the first of tonight's two Coronation Street episodes. One of the child characters Jack has a white Wii U with a stack of games for it. Couldn't see what the game on the top of the stack was, but the older kid looking at them in the scene said "These are all kids games." Well, to be fair, Jack is only 3. 

For those not in the know, Coronation Street is a very popular soap opera, so product placement on a show like this should score them some points. Young Simon's 3DS already makes appearances now and again. 

Coronation Street was my parents' FAV show of all time. They enjoyed since they were kids, and watched it until they died. :'(