Awoo.

Wii U discussion and upcoming news

Sean

Maybe they're over compensating for something.....;)

....by that I mean sales.

But great news nevertheless. I also find it funny how the food court is bigger than any of the companies' floor space. Vidya makes you hungry I guess.

That is quite a lot of space.

I reckon there will be a lot of games filling it too.

Maybe the split is for console, handheld and um... recently released games?

I assume at least a good chunk of that space will be used for the of that space is going to be used for the Play Nintendo event, namely the Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS Tournament.

I could be wrong though. The "Reserved" space might be for the excess stock of Wii Us that the local Nintendo reps will be begging passerbys to buy on both knees.

• Thumbs Up 1

They had a pretty big booth last year too. The press was brought in and Reggie literally yelled "PLAY... THE GAMES" over and over and over at them, according to Giant Bomb. 

Probably the same thing this year too.

I assume at least a good chunk of that space will be used for the of that space is going to be used for the Play Nintendo event, namely the Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS Tournament.

I could be wrong though. The "Reserved" space might be for the excess stock of Wii Us that the local Nintendo reps will be begging passerbys to buy on both knees.

The tournament is in the Nokia theather not here, the Reserved space could be for the Treehouse though 

Also Sony dropped a spot

In before the real thing comes out and Nintendo's floor space is even bigger.

• Thumbs Up 5

LOZ Minish Cap is coming to wii-u

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/228771-the-legend-of-zelda-the-minish-cap-coming-soon-to-na-wii-u-eshop

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap coming soon to NA Wii U eShop

May 21, 2014 by NintenDaan | Comments: 0 | Show/Hide

Explore Hyrule and the miniature land of the Minish.

Don the Minish Cap to shrink Link down for his most massively microscopic adventure ever! Mere blades of grass will tower over your head as you explore Hyrule, conquering enemies, puzzles, dungeons and bosses as you go. Along the way, you'll wield powerful items, fuse magic Kinstones and befriend the elusive Minish to stop the evil sorcerer Vaati.

The Minish Cap plays a pivotal part in the Four Swords storyline of the Legend of Zelda series, and is the first and only game in which Link explores the land of the Minish--a tiny, mysterious kingdom on the very surface of Hyrule. That makes this unique entry in the Zelda series a must-play for new and old fans alike. Inventive items like the Mole Mitts and Gust Jar give Link powers he'll need to use wisely if he wants to save the puzzling world of Hyrule and the miniature land of the Minish. When there's a princess to save, a bad guy to beat, and you're THIS small, the stakes will never be higher.

Direct link

Minish Cap is the type of game that's more suited toward on the go play. It'd be better off on the 3DS.

• Thumbs Up 1

Please don't raise my hopes up like that, I almost thought it was real.

It won't be USB, though. It'll technically be a Wii classic controller since it has to connect to a Wii Remote.

Coming from a Ubisoft rep...

"We won't be showing off any Nintendo games at E3 this year."

*Sigh* They have no reason to have any. 

Welp, there goes the last of the third party supports. It's pretty much a Nintendo only show this year, especially with their floorplans being finally revealed. 

weha.png

Doesn't look any different from the "fake plans"

Ubisoft didn't show off any Nintendo games last year either. Doesn't mean they are ditching support.

http://slickdeals.net/f/6954104-buy-watch-dogs-or-mario-kart-8-get-40-another-game-toys-r-us

You can get Mario Kart 8, Mario 3D World, and a copy of either Zelda/Pikmin 3/Mario Bros/etc for a total of $96. That's a hell of a deal.

Well, darn then I would have considered getting DKCTF, but oh well, already have the preorder at MK8, and some of it was trade-in, so oh well 

This is a FANTASTIC deal.

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/121232/groupon---32gb-nintendo-wii-u-deluxe-set-with-nintendo-land-refurbished?utm_source=iphone_app&

You can get a Wii U Deluxe set for $160! Not only that, but buying Mario Kart 8 will net you a bonus download game. Combine this with the Toys R Us deal and you can snag 4 games and a Wii U for less than $250 - the launch price of a Wii!

That's a flipping deal considering I paid $350 at launch for the deluxe set alone. Adding the cost of games and the price sky rockets. I remember hearing about people complaining about the price and that they would only get it if it's below $200.. Well here's your chance. You literally have no excuse not to pick up this bundle and Mario Kart 8. The price of admission to play Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8 are worth it!

10% off with code GOODS10 bringing it to $179.99 5/26 only

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-0...luxe-set-0

Can get $19.99 back with Shop Discover.

Apparently this also has NO tax, meaning you're saving even more than walking into a Gamestop.

• Thumbs Up 7

New Wii U (European) Special Offers:

• Batman Arkham City: Armoured Edition (WB Games) - €14.99/£12.49 (Ends June 5, normally €59.99/£49.99)
  • Batman: Arkham Origins (WB Games) - €14.99/£12.49 (Ends June 5, normally €59.99/£49.99)
  • LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (WB Games) - €12.49/£9.99 (Ends June 5, normally €49.99/£39.99)
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us (WB Games) - €14.99/£12.49 (Ends June 5, normally €59.99/£49.99)
  • Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Capcom) - €8.99/£7.19 (Ends June 8, normally €14.99/£11.99)
  • Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom) - €29.99/£23.99 (Ends June 8, normally €49.99/£39.99)
  • Special offer until 30/06/2014: You can save £5.49 / €7.99 / CHF 11.20 / RUB 319 on Mario Kart 8 if you own Super Mario Kart or download it now! (Offer only valid if both games are purchased from Nintendo eShop on the same Wii U by 30/06/2014. Super Mario Kart must be downloaded first.)

And the upcoming downloads:

Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo, available May 30) - €59.99/£49.99 (€52.00/£44.50 if you buy Super Mario Kart. Campaign ends June 30)
Turn your world upside down with Mario Kart 8, only on Wii U! Engage antigravity mode and race up, down and all around amazing courses, competing against other players whether they're in the same room or on the other side of the world! Speed over blue antigravity panels to take the race off the straight and narrow and up astonishing waterfalls, along the sides of buildings, and much more. The rules of the road change in antigravity mode too: bump into rival racers for a Spin Turbo speed boost! With gravity-defying racing, aerial jostles while gliding, and fast-paced underwater competition across 32 new and classic courses, every surface can be a racetrack! Share your best racing successes - and your most bitter defeats - with the world through Mario Kart TV. Create a highlight reel showcasing your smooth manoeuvres, high-impact item hits and other action-packed moments, then upload it to YouTube** or Miiverse for other players to see!

*Additional accessories required for multiplayer mode, sold separately.
**Google account required.

Gravity Badgers (Wales Interactive) - €4.99/£4.99
Step into the space suit of valiant gravity badger Captain T Bayback as he ventures into the deadly depths of deep space to save his friends, family and the universe from the threat of the deadly Evil Honey Badgers, aka the Hellsett. For the first time ever a game unites the thrilling elements of badgers and gravity to create a stunningly presented physics-based puzzle game that will take you beyond the realms of possibility, imagination and logic to the star-dusted realm of the Gravity Badgers!

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (Nintendo, GBA VC) - €6.99/£6.29
This classic Legend of Zelda adventure sees the heroic Link embark on a journey into a massively tiny world with the help of his wondrous new headwear: the Minish Cap! Link can shrink down to microscopic dimensions, which will prove essential in saving the miniature Picori people from disaster. Of course, it just wouldn't be The Legend of Zelda without ingenious new items to master, captivating side quests to conquer, and a plethora of dungeons to explore. Small really is beautiful!

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/229058-this-week-s-european-downloads-may-29-mario-kart-8-muramase-castle-and-many-offers

This is a FANTASTIC deal.http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/121232/groupon---32gb-nintendo-wii-u-deluxe-set-with-nintendo-land-refurbished?utm_source=iphone_app&

You can get a Wii U Deluxe set for $160! Not only that, but buying Mario Kart 8 will net you a bonus download game. Combine this with the Toys R Us deal and you can snag 4 games and a Wii U for less than $250 - the launch price of a Wii!

That's a flipping deal considering I paid $350 at launch for the deluxe set alone. Adding the cost of games and the price sky rockets. I remember hearing about people complaining about the price and that they would only get it if it's below $200.. Well here's your chance. You literally have no excuse not to pick up this bundle and Mario Kart 8. The price of admission to play Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8 are worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG, just purchased one. Thank you Autosaver! I've finally joined Team Wii U! <3 Gosh so cheap, something I can't miss.

• Thumbs Up 7

OMG, just purchased one. Thank you Autosaver! I've finally joined Team Wii U! <3 Gosh so cheap, something I can't miss.

congrats! you will have to add me on NNID, hopefully you will join us for MK8!  

This is a FANTASTIC deal.

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/121232/groupon---32gb-nintendo-wii-u-deluxe-set-with-nintendo-land-refurbished?utm_source=iphone_app&

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Despite my limited budget, that's a great deal. I TRIED to purchase one, but I entered my details in exactly and it refused to accept my card. Damnit... I hope I don't miss out on this. I'm gonna keep trying.

Welcome to the Wii U club. Add our NNID's when you finally get the console. =D

• Thumbs Up 1